Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Featured story of the month for May 2009 - All Hail the Heartbreaker  (Read 5048 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

Hello and Happy May!

This month we will be reading All Hail the Heartbreaker by Tanilisintease r. I know this story is very popular so i'm hoping you guys will pop in and comment on why you enjoy this story so much.

Here is the link:

http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=9068

Happy reading! :)
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

1) Tell us one thing about your story that no one else knows?

2) How long did it take you to write this entire story?

3) Give us a summary different from the one you have posted on AC, with a few more spoilers to make people tune in.

4) If you could cast this story as a movie who would play the main roles and why?

5) Have you ever thought of giving up on the story and if you did what made you continue to work on it?

6) What was your writing process? (Outline, make it up as you go along, the characters wrote it, I am Tonja and plagerized lol)

7) Who was your favorite character in this story and why?

8 ) You had to know this was coming, who was your least favorite?

9) Are all the boys in this one? If not why did you choose to exclude them?

10) If we like this story...then we'd love what story? (Could be by you or someone else) and obviously tell us why lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

cabybakes

• Commander of Confusion

Congrats, Amy!  As you know, I adore this story...I will be back with questions, just wanted to stop in and congratulate you.  Hugs!  :bighug:

TantilisinTeaser

• Fledgling
  • What would Nick do?More like what wouldn't he do?!

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

After the weekend I have had this is awesome! I got completely lost in central London on Friday on my way to the 02 to see P!nk (who I have to say completely rocks, go and see her if you get the chance!) I tell you what driving in central London during rush hour and not knowing where you are supposed to be headed because your crappy IPHONE dies on you cutting off the GPS aint fun! Then yesterday I went to watch the Army V Navy rugby at Twickernam and was completly embarresed as the Army kicked our asses the final score being 37 - 7!!!! I got so bored by the end that I was floating about on the internet on my phone and stumbled across this little gem!

I was with friends that aren't into BSB and definetly are not into Fanfiction so I had to keep my excitment to myself though!  :-[

But this is sooooooooooooo oooooooooooooo oooooooooooooo oooooooooooooo oooooooo cool! Thank you guys so much, it's nice to get recognition for the hard work that has gone into this story and I hope for those of you who have not yeat read it that you find it enjoyable.

I'd just like to say a huge thanks to all the people who review every chapter. And also a huge thanks to SouthernSweeth eart and Darby for giving good constructive reviews! You guys rock!

I am currently in the middle of answering the questions section and should hopefully have it posted by the end of today but feel free to ask any other questions. Obviously I can't tell you whether the end is near for Nick and Adie, you will just have to wait and see!

Thanks again!!!!
Lee Evans about People with Bluetooth: "FUCK OFF! It's like a Tusk, it's like he's had a fight with a walrus and lost!"

When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.

When you're right, no one remembers. When you're wrong, no one forgets.

TantilisinTeaser

• Fledgling

1) Tell us one thing about your story that no one else knows?

Hmmmmm one thing you guys don't know? Well you guys don't know how it is going to end......yeah right like I would tell you that!!!! LOL! Originally Adie was going to cheat on Nick with Mark when she was in London. Instead of going to Lou's after the big argument and flashing incident at the 02 she was going to call him and they were going to meet up and get it on. Adie was then going to be caught between the two, she wouldn't know who you Father was etc etc. I changed it because I didn't think she would be that callous to hurt Nick in that way, or to make Mark's wife feel the way she did when he originally cheated. I am glad I took the path I did because otherwise it would have been a competly different story!

2) How long did it take you to write this entire story?

Well I am not finished yet. I started in June of last year and I am hoping to finish around the same time as I am due to move house at the end of that month and won't have internet for a while! So it would be a bit rubbish for you guys to have to wait around for ages. This is the longest story I have ever written, in the number of words and time!

3) Give us a summary different from the one you have posted on AC, with a few more spoilers to make people tune in.

Adrianna Jones had always felt the pressure to be perfect, she knew exactly what she wanted in life, it may have been what everyone esle in life wanted, the job, the husband, the kids and the small picket fence but she worked hard to achieve it. That was until he showed up in her life and threw it into utter turmoil.

Nick was different to every other man she had been with, his family life was non exsistant, his lifestyle was extravagant, the press followed him wherever he went. Yet there was something so appealing about him, a child like innocence hidden away.

How could two people so different ever make it last?

How would they cope with a unplanned pregnancy?

Who would be the one to comprimise and would they eventually end up resenting the other for it?

Who would be the giver and who would be the taker?

Who would be down on their knees hailng the heartbreaker?

4) If you could cast this story as a movie who would play the main roles and why?

Obviously I would have Nick playing his role.

Adie hmmm.... I think someone like....God it's really difficult! Personailty wise I think it would have to be someone like Linda Cardellini, she plays Sam Taggart in ER. I think she shares a lot of personailty traits with Adie. I'm not sure who I would go for looks wise.

Rachel would have to be Sandra Oh (Christina in Grey's Anatomy) personailty wise anyway! She cracks me up with all the funny one liners, and to me Rachel would be quick witted like she is. I think looks wise Rachel would be Angeline Jolie purely for the black hair and that amount of tattoos.

5) Have you ever thought of giving up on the story and if you did what made you continue to work on it?

Numerous times!!!!!! It's mainly when I get to a chapter that is just kind of a filler! But it's the reviews that keep me going and I remember how frustrating it is not read a story only to have the author stop updating!

6) What was your writing process? (Outline, make it up as you go along, the characters wrote it, I am Tonja and plagerized lol)

I always have the basic premise in my head before I start writing. I have the beginning, the middle and the end and then as I write it evolves and hopefully gets better. Originally I had only planned to write about five chapters before Adie left Nick but I think she didnt actually end up walking out until the 20th chapter! Most of the time I sit and write a chapter and think where the hell did that come from and how did I get to there from where I started? But I always know the key things that I need to get out in a chapter, just sometimes they come out in a way I didn't plan, like for instance the scene where Adie goes AWOL for a time when Nick is on tour. She was going to call him and tell him she was on her way but it made for a much more interesting read and got people all het about again because they assumed she was running. Planning to an extent is good but I think spontonuity is just as great!

7) Who was your favorite character in this story and why?

My favorite character is actually Rachel! I know she only really plays a small part but I love how sarcastic she can be, I love how everything has fallen into place for her even though she hasn't planned anything ever. I think it pisses Adie off because she is a complete freak when it comes to having a plan and knowing what you want, Rachel didnt do that, she just went with the flow and got everything that her sister wanted, whilst Adie is still waiting for her happily ever after. It's a topic that will be covered quite shortly in the story!

8 ) You had to know this was coming, who was your least favorite?

I don't really have a least favorite. I mean Adie sometimes gets on my nerves because she is so pesimistic about things, it's like Nick said:

"Right now you can blame this whole thing on me and my lack of commitment, and my lack of trust, Nick’s issues caused us to fail but if I change, if I work on my issues and we still fail? Then it becomes about you too. Then your perfect, happy idealistic life which you strive to have will be ripped away from you but this way conceding to failure before you’ve actually tired, it just makes it that bit easier. That way you haven’t lost something that you loved because you never got to live that life. So what does that say about you?”

She wants a perfect life but the minute it becomes too difficult she pulls away blaming the circumstances or someone else.

Nick can be equally frustrating to write too! If he could just trust her that bit more and open up to her more then I think he could get what he wants too! I do sometimes despair when I am writing their therapy sessions! LOL!

9) Are all the boys in this one? If not why did you choose to exclude them?

I think all of them have been actually in some form or another. Obviously A.J plays a major role because he is Adie's brother in law. Howie and Brian have been knocking around in a few scenes and Kevin is due to make another appearance pretty soon!

10) If we like this story...then we'd love what story? (Could be by you or someone else) and obviously tell us why lol
I am going to shamelessly plug another of my stories! LOL! It's called I Can Save you and is about Nick and his best friend Shannon. Shannon has a daughter, Matilda, and is in an abusive relationship, Nick realises this and tries to help but Shannon refuses to admit the abuse going on until it is too late, by then the web of lies is so huge not even Nick realises how much he had gotten himself into to.

The other story I wish would be updated (HINT!!!) is Casual by Cabybakes! Awesome story, extremely well written! The relationship between Nick and Quinn has many tangles and all I want them to do is life happily ever after!!! But sadly that doesn't make for interesting reading and if the story was all sunshine and light I probably would not be reading it! LOL! I enjoy a bit of angst as you can probably tell! LOL!

Anymore questions please feel free to ask.

I am hoping to have the next chapter out by Wednesday maybe Thursday!

Once again thanks to all my loyal readers and reviewers, without you guys this probably would not have gotten past the 20th chapter!

xxxxxx

8-)
Lee Evans about People with Bluetooth: "FUCK OFF! It's like a Tusk, it's like he's had a fight with a walrus and lost!"

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

Aww yay! I'm glad this made your day :) I feel you on your team. My team lost an extra inning, tie game with a bases loaded walk yesterday :(  (Baseball) lol

TantilisinTeaser

• Fledgling

The Army always kick our arses because they are land based and get more oppurtunity to practice, it's a bit difficult to practise rugby on ship! LOL! But this year was the worst score ever, we actually only got one try!!!!  :-[The only upside was that I was in the east stand with all the sun, ohh and the streaker!!  ???LOL! Always makes my day when I see a lily white ass flash before me! LOL!

I am now writing the next chappie but it is making me sad!  :'( May have to have some chocolate soon to lift my mood! LOL

cabybakes

• Commander of Confusion

Thanks for the compliment on Casual...and good for you for writing, if only I could find my mojo...

Now, onto the questions...we re you worried what readers would think about the fact that Adie had an abortion in the past?  Is part of the reason you didn't delve much deeper into the Mark story line because of that? 

If you could could change something that you have written in AHTH so far, what would it be and why?

What is your favorite scene in AHTH so far?

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder

Well done!

This is a story I've been meaning to read and haven't got around to yet, but I will :)

TantilisinTeaser

• Fledgling

Hi Draby, sorry I haven't gotten around to answering your questions sooner but I have had to go to work boo!!!

We're you worried what readers would think about the fact that Adie had an abortion in the past? 

It's definetly a contraversal topic that is for sure. I myself am stuck on the fence, I don't really agree with having an abortion because it was not the right time in your life but that doesn't mean that I am pro life because I think if there were serious problems with the baby that would mean they have no quality of life is it really far to put them through a life time of pain? So yeah definetly a difficult topic!

I Ummed and areed over it for weeks but something like that needed to happen, otherwise Nick would have been offering everything to her and she would have been turning him down for no good reason. It would not have made any sense. People were either going to understand or they weren't but for the most part people have been receptive to the idea. I think it's because I have shown how remorseful she is about it, I think people realised that if she could change what she did she would. After all she was very young and very easily led at  that time in her life and we all make mistakes.

Is part of the reason you didn't delve much deeper into the Mark story line because of that?

Yes and no. I'm not sure that it would have been believable that Adie would sleep with Mark again after what he put her through and how badly it ended up effecting her. I also don't think that Adie would be the type to willingly hurt another women or Nick in that manner. She knows what it feels like after all.

If you could could change something that you have written in AHTH so far, what would it be and why?

WOW! Tough question. I'm not sure I would change anything really, I really like how it has all panned out because it is so much better then my original outline and the feedback I have received from every one has been so amazing!

xxxxxx

cabybakes

• Commander of Confusion

Hi Draby, sorry I haven't gotten around to answering your questions sooner but I have had to go to work boo!!!

We're you worried what readers would think about the fact that Adie had an abortion in the past? 

It's definetly a contraversal topic that is for sure. I myself am stuck on the fence, I don't really agree with having an abortion because it was not the right time in your life but that doesn't mean that I am pro life because I think if there were serious problems with the baby that would mean they have no quality of life is it really far to put them through a life time of pain? So yeah definetly a difficult topic!

I Ummed and areed over it for weeks but something like that needed to happen, otherwise Nick would have been offering everything to her and she would have been turning him down for no good reason. It would not have made any sense. People were either going to understand or they weren't but for the most part people have been receptive to the idea. I think it's because I have shown how remorseful she is about it, I think people realised that if she could change what she did she would. After all she was very young and very easily led at  that time in her life and we all make mistakes.

Not only that, but after reading your last chapter, her having the abortion separates the baby situation with Mark and the situation with Nick...differe nt circumstances. ..gives you more to work with!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

What has been your favorite chapter to write so far and why?

TantilisinTeaser

• Fledgling

My favorite chapter to write so far has to be When It Rains. I think its a combination of a lot things. Nick finally understands what caused Adie to become the way she had, he catches glimpses of "his" Adie every now and then in the chapter and I think it gives him hope.

Max is also born in this chapter and I think the catalyst of that plays a huge part in the rest of the story because it finally made Adie see that Nick was playing with her emotions, that he does really want them to be a family and that she needs to be more honest with him about her past issues. There is a lot of emotion and it may not be my most evil cliff hanger (see chapter All Good Things Come To An End) but it's a close second!

I had a lot of fun writing it because there is a huge growth in Adie, at the begining of the chapter she is cold and distant, trying to protect herself but by the end she kind of realises that she isn't protecting herself, she is only hurting herself and him. The lyrics to When it Rains by Paramore just fit so well too, although up until it came on to my IPOD her car was only going to brake down. I think walking through the pouring rain, with her umbrella braking in the process was a hell of a lot more like a romantic movie scene and it just added to the suspense!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

So, how hard is it for you to write an overly emtional chapter? What is your process? Do you find yourself acting it out as you write or closing your eyes and visualizing it? If you want you can give us an example of a scene you wrote and how your thought process behind that scene worked for you.

TantilisinTeaser

• Fledgling

Sometimes I find it really difficult to write overly emotional chapters and yet other times it flows so easily I can kick the whole chapter out within in an hour. I think it helps to truly understand what is going through your characters mind and I think that is where character development comes in to play. You have to know them inside out to get the emotion right.

Lets take Now That She's Gone as an example.

This chapter was the most emotionally charged that I have ever written and if I am honest I was dreading writing it. It would have been very easy to skip ahead and to miss these scenes out but I don't think the story would have been as good if I did. I also had the pressure of capturing the emotion correctly and senitivly as losing a child has to be one of the worst things imaginable.

I knew the specific things that had to happen in the scene, Molly had to be born, Adie had to be relcutant to see her and Nick had to make her understand why she needed to say goodbye. From that point I reminded myself about the stages of grief and made sure to try and capture the ones I had not yet got to. I thought it was important for one person to come to terms with it (Nick) and for the other to be having a bit more difficulty (Adie).

Working in Paediatric intensive care helped greatly as I have seen too many parents go through a similar situation and drawing from those expiriences helped me to capture the emotion perfectly. In the end I think the whole chapter took about two hours to crank out because once I got going I found I couldn't stop.

The reviews I got for that chapter were amazing and I felt a real sense of achievement.  ;D

Pages: [1] 2