Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Features waiting line...  (Read 25689 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Features waiting line...
« on: July 12, 2010, 06:50:05 AM »

In the past, I never really posted who was going to be featured because I thought it would be a nice surprise for the author. Since participation has waned over the years when it comes to the discussion part of the fics, I have decided to let everyone know who will be featured and when. That's where this waiting line comes in.

If you see your name on this list and do not want to be featured you need to PM me to let me know, although if you don't want to be featured that's just weird, but i'll take your name off lol

This also lets you know when your time is coming and maybe will spark some of you to work on these stories before your turn comes! :)

In January, i'm changing the format to name just the author and that person can pick which story they want to have featured. Again, if I don't hear from that person at least a week before their turn, I'll pick the story instead.

~ Mare

The line so far:

Featured story list

-----------------------------------------
August (#91) Filiklepto
September (#92) Jenna
October (#93) evergreenwrite r83
November (#94) Sakabelle
December (#95) Pengi
January (#96) Carter_Orange
February (#97) Rose
March (#98) Julilly
April (#99) RokofAges75
May (#100) Mare
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 07:43:11 PM by mare »
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
  • I have no idea what I'm getting myself into
Re: Features waiting line...
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010, 03:51:52 PM »

This is a great idea Mare, especially with starting to let the authors pick which story of theirs they want to feature. And LMAO at deeming those who don't want to be featured "weird".
"Stories are often the lives we wish we could live."
~Me

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2010, 06:00:20 PM »

^ well, it is weird lol I just calls it like I sees it.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Pengi

• Minion of Mayhem
  • spread the llamalove
    • Tweet Me
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2010, 07:36:09 PM »

Yay! I'm excited!  ;D
LOL It'll be interesting to see what story I deem worthy of feature status come January.

Congrats to the featured stories! Looking forward to reading/discussing!
:penguin: PENGi :penguin:

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2010, 11:14:45 PM »

Back at ya! :)  I also like the idea of letting the author choose the story.  I wouldn't have chosen anything different than what's already been featured or on the list for me, but for people who have a lot of stories in the works at the same time, that makes sense.  What you feel is your best story may not be the most popular.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2010, 10:06:45 PM »

I updated the first post with another author. Look for a new author posted at the start of every month! :)

summer

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2010, 01:48:05 PM »

Wow, just saw that I'll be the February Featured Story/Author. Gosh, thanks guys. I'm honored. :)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2010, 09:29:44 PM »

You're very welcome! :)

colorguard_diva

• Major Disruption
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2010, 11:21:44 AM »

Am I that slow....or do I never take the time to read things. I just found out I will be the featured story for March. I'm excited. Now I have to think of which story I want to feature. Hmmm....I guess I have some time to think.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2010, 11:22:48 AM »

No worries, I would have sent you a PM at the beginning of February to let you know lol

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2010, 12:04:31 PM »

Ooh cool!  April's when my b-day is... good month!  Maybe I'll have Curtain Call almost finished by then.
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2010, 12:05:40 PM »

Good. Maybe if not it'll be an incentive for you to finish it up lol And maybe even update Guilty Roads, remember that one? :P

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2010, 02:21:07 PM »

Aww I know... no, I haven't forgotten GR; honestly, I think I need to tackle one at a time and finish CC first, then go back to GR when I can actually commit to it and stay in the story.  I've found it's not the kind of story I can just write whenever I feel like it, 'cause it takes too much effort to get inspired for.  I need to write on it consistently for it to work.  So I will plan on having CC at least close to being done by April.  If I stay on a roll with it, I might even be able to finish it by then, which would be perfect, cause I don't really have anything else to feature LOL.
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2010, 02:34:19 PM »

LOL you could always go old school if you need to.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2010, 02:39:27 PM »

Eek.  I hate all my stories pre-Broken, and since BMS has already been featured, there's no point in doing Broken.  I'm pretty much limited to either Curtain Call or 00Carter LOL.
~Julie

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6