Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: What I Do From Day To Day  (Read 15728 times)

Karen

• Major Disruption
  • You only live once.
    • drivebylove
What I Do From Day To Day
« on: August 19, 2010, 01:04:33 PM »

Coming over from this thread:
http://absolutechaos.net/fictalk/index.php/topic,2176.30.html

Basically we're writing what we do from day to day so to speak. If you are a student, you write that. If you have a job, you write that. If you are unemployed, you write that. I hope that makes sense :)

I did mention dream job but I want to shy away from that as much as possible. If everybody is doing a dream job, then it defeats the purpose. Does anybody have any thoughts on this issue? Perhaps if you wanted to write a short story about your real life day to day and a second about your dream job that would work also. I'm up for discussion on this.

Also, if you are both going to school and unemployed or working, I don't see why you couldn't write both - have one guy doing one and another doing the other.

As mentioned in the previous thread, the idea is to go from September 1 - December 31st. It can be as long as you wish as long as it's finished by the end of the year. Any objections to that?

I would like it to be longer than one chapter. A short story will definitely work if that's what you want.

Oh, another thing I just thought of. While we're writing the boys into our jobs, schools, etc, I don't want you to feel like you have to make the guys you. I think that'd be weird. Like with your personalities, does that make sense? Also, you can change the location or make up one. You do not have to use your own city unless you want to. I would like you to use the same kind of area however. For example, I live in a somewhat small town. I don't mind telling people the area and all that but I don't want to specifics so I will probably do a made up town, with a company that is the same with a different name. So if you're a nurse at a small hospital, same thing. Or if you teach in a big city and have inner city issues, I'd hope you'd be writing about that.

And I think I'm done with my ramble for now.  :-X

Directory of Submissions
Imke/TheDistantHeart - Out of the Ordinary
Hannah/Pengi - Cram
Rachel/colorguard_diva - Romper Room
Steph/Carter-Orange - Story Of My Life
summer03 - Confessions of the Insurance agent...
luna610 - Something Bigger
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 03:08:04 PM by Karen »
Find me @ drivebylove, ac

kissesxoxo

• Captain of Commotion
  • Like I Did Before The Storm
Re: What I Do From Day To Day
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 01:36:50 PM »

This sounds really cool. I'd be interested in this . Did u want us to fill out something for it, or just participate starting from September?
Thursday September 9th CW Nikita

TheDistantHeart

• Major Disruption
  • Would you risk it for a chocolate biscuit?
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 04:02:41 PM »

Will try this one! :) But... when you're unemployed and you're not a student either... is it also ok to write about one of them with your previous job/study? 'Cause I have no idea what to write about one of them as unemployed/non-student and I already have a few ideas if I include one of them in my previous study. ;D

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2010, 05:00:37 PM »

Interesting idea!  I like it!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Pengi

• Minion of Mayhem
  • spread the llamalove
    • Tweet Me
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2010, 11:37:02 PM »

Definitely doing this. Yup. Banners okay?
:penguin: PENGi :penguin:

Karen

• Major Disruption
  • You only live once.
    • drivebylove
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2010, 02:06:21 AM »

This sounds really cool. I'd be interested in this . Did u want us to fill out something for it, or just participate starting from September?

I can make a participation list but I didn't plan on having a form to fill out or anything. The challenge starts on September 1 and as long as it is posted by the end of the year you are good.

Karen

• Major Disruption
  • You only live once.
    • drivebylove
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2010, 02:08:10 AM »

Will try this one! :) But... when you're unemployed and you're not a student either... is it also ok to write about one of them with your previous job/study? 'Cause I have no idea what to write about one of them as unemployed/non-student and I already have a few ideas if I include one of them in my previous study. ;D

I didn't even think about that so I don't see an issue with it. If you were formerly employed somewhere that you want to write about, that sounds perfectly fine with me. What I was thinking about if someone was unemployed, non-student would be the struggles of finding a job, making money, etc. You wouldn't have to have it exactly how your life is, maybe they are making their money some other way such as illegal activity but still claim unemployment. I'm not a real stickler on that one.

Karen

• Major Disruption
  • You only live once.
    • drivebylove
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2010, 02:08:47 AM »

Definitely doing this. Yup. Banners okay?

Banners are perfectly fine with me :)

Karen

• Major Disruption
  • You only live once.
    • drivebylove
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2010, 02:09:19 AM »

Interesting idea!  I like it!

I know you'll be busy with school and don't tend to do challenges, but it would be interesting to see what you came up with  ;D

kissesxoxo

• Captain of Commotion
  • Like I Did Before The Storm
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2010, 02:39:40 AM »

cool! This will be fun! :)
Thursday September 9th CW Nikita

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2010, 04:33:52 AM »

Sounds good to me!  I'll give it a go too :)

cabybakes

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2010, 12:43:12 PM »

I actually have a really good idea for this...but only if I had the time :(

Karen

• Major Disruption
  • You only live once.
    • drivebylove
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2010, 01:35:45 PM »

I'm really glad you guys like the idea and I can't wait to see what you come up with. I don't know if we need a list of people who are wanting to participate. I think as long as you guys come back here with a link to your story, I can make a list of those.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2010, 07:28:41 PM »

I know you'll be busy with school and don't tend to do challenges, but it would be interesting to see what you came up with  ;D

LOL Thanks... the fact that you're giving us till the end of the year might help!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Karen

• Major Disruption
  • You only live once.
    • drivebylove
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2010, 01:52:42 AM »

I figured that we've had a few short story type challenges that the option to write a longer one with more time would work out just fine. I hope that people don't forget about it :(
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6