Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Co-Writing  (Read 10373 times)

Anastacia

• Fledgling
Co-Writing
« on: October 07, 2010, 08:40:26 PM »

I have been very fortunate over the years to have great co-authors. Some of the best, in fact, but times tend to change, I guess. And now I'm hoping to find another. At this point, I'm leaning into a lot of Nick-centered and/or AJ-centered fiction. My penname is Anastacia on AC. If you're interested in melding brains and forging a friendship, please give me a jingle. I'm always anxious to write.

A-RokzStalker

• Commander of Confusion
Re: Co-Writing
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2010, 12:26:06 AM »

What kind of stories do you like to write?
~ Amy.

michelly

• Fledgling
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2010, 01:32:42 AM »

I'd love to help write a story. I've written stories about both Nick and Aj. In fact, I'm currently working on a new Aj story.

Anastacia

• Fledgling
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2010, 02:15:41 AM »

What kind of stories do you like to write?

I like to think that I’m adventurous when it comes to writing. I’ll give anything a shot, but I really always come back to romance. I’m really interested in the dynamics of human relationships and the ability of two people to find love. I like knowing that there are happily-ever-after’s out there. I’m a sucker for a Disney movie. But not plain romance. I like twists. I enjoy dragging the characters through the bowels of Hell so they know what their fighting for is real. Whether that be emotional or physical. For example, I have about Nick being emotionally, physically, and sexually abused by his girlfriend. I also have a story about Nick being a single father and his young daughter wants a mother for her birthday. I then have another story about Nick being in a car accident in the middle of a zombie apocalypse and being rescued by a military nurse. So, to sum up, I guess I’m partial to romance laced with angst, action-adventure, and horror. Does any of that strike your interest?

Anastacia

• Fledgling
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2010, 02:20:40 AM »

I'd love to help write a story. I've written stories about both Nick and Aj. In fact, I'm currently working on a new Aj story.

What kind of stories do you like to write, Michelly? Do you think our styles would mesh?

A-RokzStalker

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2010, 02:31:52 AM »

LOL The relationship part had me, but not the horror stuff. I don't have a whole lot of time to write though... if I get some more time, I'll let you know and we can try to brainstorm together.
~ Amy.

evergreenwriter83

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2010, 07:36:23 AM »

I'd be interested.  It's been a LONG time since I've co-authored.  It's kind of fun seeing what one person does with a chapter and then branching off from there.  It keeps both authors entertained I think as much as the readers.  I'm a sucker for romance, action/adventure, supernatural/thriller...

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2010, 09:39:38 AM »

They're the kind of stories I like too, just not sure I'd be very good as a co-author!  Never done it before.  But good luck in finding someone :)

Anastacia

• Fledgling
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2010, 03:43:10 PM »

LOL The relationship part had me, but not the horror stuff. I don't have a whole lot of time to write though... if I get some more time, I'll let you know and we can try to brainstorm together.

Lmao. We wouldn't have to write horror/thriller, promise! But thank you for responding nonetheless. If you ever get time, I'd love to try it out. Nixing the buckets of blood, promise!

Anastacia

• Fledgling
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2010, 03:46:39 PM »

I'd be interested.  It's been a LONG time since I've co-authored.  It's kind of fun seeing what one person does with a chapter and then branching off from there.  It keeps both authors entertained I think as much as the readers.  I'm a sucker for romance, action/adventure, supernatural/thriller...

I was sneaky and took a peek at your writing page on AC. You've got some very creative story lines. I was totally impressed. I've done chapter-to-chapter exchanges with co-authoring, but have you ever tried working on chapters together? Meaning, hop onto AIM and doing one paragraph or two or three, whatever possesses you, and then having the co-author do the next? I've found that to be the best way to write. For me, anyway. Is it something you'd be interested in? And, http://absolutechaos.net/viewuser.php?uid=15 <--- That is my author page. Thought you might want to give it a look to see if we'd mesh. My most recent stuff is His Shame, A Twist of Fate, What You What What I Need, and Secret Haven.

Anastacia

• Fledgling
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2010, 03:47:40 PM »

They're the kind of stories I like too, just not sure I'd be very good as a co-author!  Never done it before.  But good luck in finding someone :)

I'll love you just the same, Carter-Orange, promise!

evergreenwriter83

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2010, 03:54:37 PM »

I was sneaky and took a peek at your writing page on AC. You've got some very creative story lines. I was totally impressed. I've done chapter-to-chapter exchanges with co-authoring, but have you ever tried working on chapters together? Meaning, hop onto AIM and doing one paragraph or two or three, whatever possesses you, and then having the co-author do the next? I've found that to be the best way to write. For me, anyway. Is it something you'd be interested in? And, http://absolutechaos.net/viewuser.php?uid=15 <--- That is my author page. Thought you might want to give it a look to see if we'd mesh. My most recent stuff is His Shame, A Twist of Fate, What You What What I Need, and Secret Haven.

I think we could definitely do something.  I'm not so sure about the AIM thing because my schedule is sporatic, but I think we could do maybe three paragraphs at a time back and forth and see how that might work.  Actually, if you want, PM me and we can knock around some ideas. 

michelly

• Fledgling
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2010, 10:32:48 PM »

What kind of stories do you like to write, Michelly? Do you think our styles would mesh?

I'll write about anything. And they probably will. We can give it a try.

Steph

• Minion of Mayhem
  • Trying to forget; the pain's still there.
    • Facebook
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2010, 03:28:34 AM »

*sniffle* Ana, you're replacing me!! *wails*

Dean & Sam Winchester.
Hunters. Protectors. Survivors. Family.

evergreenwriter83

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2010, 04:32:19 AM »

*sniffle* Ana, you're replacing me!! *wails*

Actually, I think she disappeared off the site again.  I haven't been able to contact her for weeks :/
Pages: [1] 2 3