Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: AC District Court  (Read 38793 times)

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
AC District Court
« on: January 13, 2011, 10:24:13 AM »

The following people are doing time in AC prison on charges of rule breaking.

If you find your name on this list feel free to send either myself or Mare a PM and we will be happy to answer your questions. Please refer to the rules list first though because we will only refer you back to it if your question has already been answered. Older sentences will be left up as a reference point for the moderators.

Account: christy - lynn
Duration: 7 Days (starting November 16, 2010)
Rule Broken: #8 - Spamming the most recent page.

Account: Mariah
Duration: 7 Days (starting January 13, 2011)
Rule Broken: #8 - Spamming the most recent page.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 03:03:37 PM by julilly »
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

yorkielover88

Re: AC District Court
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 06:33:42 PM »

I'm sorry but I really hate that this is listed here. I know it is embarrassing for myself. I do not think it is my nor anyone else s business as to who broke the rules. It's almost like allowing people to laugh and poke fun.... oh look who broke the rules... ha ha ha.... I really wish you would take this down or block it so only mods can see it.

and fyi: My yorkielover account was not the one that was locked out. Annabelle and I's Christi-lynn one was.

Crappy part about it is that it caused me to loose interest in one of the stories on there.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 06:44:55 PM by yorkielover88 »

Sapphire

• Major Disruption
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2011, 06:49:34 PM »

I dont' want to get myself in trouble here but I thought in all the warnings you said people would be notified via PM if they were breaking rules? Was a public list for everyone to see  necessary?

myconfession

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2011, 07:01:09 PM »

I honestly don't mind that it's here. It's kind of like if you went into a store and stole a dollar worth of candy and you get caught. Your name is going to show up in the police reports in the newspaper for, yes, stealing a dollar worth of candy.

And sadly, I've seen that happen. LMAO

yorkielover88

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2011, 07:03:49 PM »

I honestly don't mind that it's here. It's kind of like if you went into a store and stole a dollar worth of candy and you get caught. Your name is going to show up in the police reports in the newspaper for, yes, stealing a dollar worth of candy.

And sadly, I've seen that happen. LMAO

and what is the point behind it? Letting people laugh at someone else s misfortune? Making the accidental rule breaker look like a giant dumb ass? It really hurts my feelings! Had I broken the rule on purpose or done something like Tanja I'd say go for it! Other wise it's no ones business but my own!

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2011, 07:07:11 PM »

I think it's so we can hold the mods accountable. This way no one can claim unfair treatment if it's here for everyone to see.

Honestly if you follow the rules it's not a problem.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

yorkielover88

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2011, 07:10:04 PM »

Rose, It's embarrassing for those who are listed. Of course you would see no problem considering your name is not listed here for the entire fucking world to see! I did not purposely break any rules so why make me feel even worse then I already did when it was brought to my attention that I had done something wrong!

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2011, 07:12:22 PM »

Rose, It's embarrassing for those who are listed. Of course you would see no problem considering your name is not listed here for the entire fucking world to see! I did not purposely break any rules so why make me feel even worse then I already did when it was brought to my attention that I had done something wrong!

More motivation for you not to break them then.

If Julilly is going to start listing people, she needs to be fair and list yours too. Not just start with Mariah. And it's not like people don't know, because when it happened you ranted in one of the debate threads.

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2011, 07:15:12 PM »

Why do you keep saying "its not like I broke the rules on purpose" what does that mean? Why would you deliberately break rules? That doesn't make sense to me. The reason this list is here is to remind people not to break the rules, they are here for a reason and not to single people out.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2011, 07:20:03 PM »

Exactly, this is just a record of who's broken the rules, the punishment, and so that way it's as fair as possible.

You don't break them, it's not an issue. If it's that upsetting, well then, you don't have to post here. You know?

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2011, 07:23:54 PM »

Exactly Rose. I don't know why its so offensive. Its to give you more a reason NOT to break rules lol geez

yorkielover88

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2011, 07:24:02 PM »

I don't think mariah deserves to be listed here either! It might not be intended to single people out but it does! It hurts my feelings! There are new people here who did not see me loose it over the unfair locking of my account! Those People have no Buisness knowing my mistakes! It should be between me and mods not all of you!

We are all humans here! We all are able to feel pain! Let's consider each others feelings! I would not do something to purposely hurt any of you alls feelings! Why would you do something to hurt mine or anyOne elses! This site should be about fun! Not about competions and hurting peoples feelings!

Annabelle

• Fluffy Bunny
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2011, 07:24:50 PM »

I agree with yorkielover88 and Sapphire. I can understand why you would want to make it public so that the rule breakers won't do it again but at the same time, it's a invasion of privacy! I don't mean to offend you or tell you how to run your site but this isn't right to put it on public display like that....You need to send the nofitiation by PM or if you post on here, if its possible, make it visible that only the ones in trouble can view but for everyone to view it? Thats just mean...and it not only embarrasses people, it also humiliate them too. Please and try and look at it from the authors point of view.
You wouldn't want people airing your dirty laundry would you? So to speak...
Again sorry if you get offended or you think I'm trying to tell you what to do, I'm just offering my opinion.

yorkielover88

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2011, 07:26:45 PM »

I agree with yorkielover88 and Sapphire. I can understand why you would want to make it public so that the rule breakers won't do it again but at the same time, it's a invasion of privacy! I don't mean to offend you or tell you how to run your site but this isn't right to put it on public display like that....You need to send the nofitiation by PM or if you post on here, if its possible, make it visible that only the ones in trouble can view but for everyone to view it? Thats just mean...and it not only embarrasses people, it also humiliate them too. Please and try and look at it from the authors point of view.
You wouldn't want people airing your dirty laundry would you? So to speak...
Again sorry if you get offended or you think I'm trying to tell you what to do, I'm just offering my opinion.

Well said!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2011, 07:44:43 PM »

This is no different than the ban log they used over at LD and other places to let you know who is breaking rules and the consequences. And I do think the reason Jullily put it up was to let people know we are holding people accountable for their actions on the site. It's one thing to say we're enforcing the rules but it's another to actually do it. This thread wasn't made just to make fun of people.

Personally I think it's a great idea and remember, you wouldn't be so upset about it, if you followed the rules in the first place. That in itself is showing me it's a good idea.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 08:03:24 PM by julilly »
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green
Pages: [1] 2 3 4