Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: AC District Court  (Read 38797 times)

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: AC District Court
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2011, 07:51:08 PM »

First off, it's not an invasion of privacy. Anyone who looked at the most recent page that day would be able to see the broken rule, and the fact that J-Lynn talked about it quite extensively in the debate thread made it quite public. I apologize for getting the wrong username, since it was mostly the yorkie account that was commenting on it I had them mixed up. It was Mare that had dealt with that.

When we were sending PMs to people, sending emails to them, making everything incredibly private we were ignored by many people. We said back in November that we were done chasing people around, and that still applies.

We're all adults here, no one is going to be laughing at anyone over posting too many times in one day. That's just silly. If I broke a rule my name would be on there too.

I can't make it visible just for the people in trouble because the point is 1. it means Mare and I don't have to chase anyone, and 2. here is the proof for those that wonder whether the rules are enforced fairly and for everyone that they indeed are.

J-Lynn, you accused both Mare and I of singling you out, of a personal vendetta against you. It's those kinds of accusations that have led to this. No longer can you say we singled you out because here will be the proof that there are other people on this board that, just like you, are human and make mistakes from time to time and everyone is treated fairly. A broken rule is a broken rule no matter who you are. No one cares as much as you think they do, I assure you.
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2011, 07:52:27 PM »

Crappy part about it is that it caused me to loose interest in one of the stories on there.

You're really reaching if you think you can blame us for that. We didn't force you to break the spamming rule.
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2011, 08:07:23 PM »

This is no different than the ban log they used over at LD and other places to let you know who is breaking rules and the consequences. And I do think the reason Jullily put it up was to let people know we are holding people accountable for their actions on the site. It's one thing to say we're enforcing the rules but it's another to actually do it. This thread wasn't made just to make fun of people.

Personally I think it's a great idea and remember, you wouldn't be so upset about it, if you followed the rules in the first place. That in itself is showing me it's a good idea.

Exactly, and lord knows how many times I got listed in the ban log on LD. This is just to show the mods are being fair. It's not to hurt anyone's feelings, and people are taking it too personal. This is just a record to show the rules are being enforced, and to keep you guys accountable as well by posting what you're doing.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Annabelle

• Fluffy Bunny
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2011, 08:20:31 PM »

This is no different than the ban log they used over at LD and other places to let you know who is breaking rules and the consequences. And I do think the reason Jullily put it up was to let people know we are holding people accountable for their actions on the site. It's one thing to say we're enforcing the rules but it's another to actually do it. This thread wasn't made just to make fun of people.

Personally I think it's a great idea and remember, you wouldn't be so upset about it, if you followed the rules in the first place. That in itself is showing me it's a good idea.

First off, it's not an invasion of privacy. Anyone who looked at the most recent page that day would be able to see the broken rule, and the fact that J-Lynn talked about it quite extensively in the debate thread made it quite public. I apologize for getting the wrong username, since it was mostly the yorkie account that was commenting on it I had them mixed up. It was Mare that had dealt with that.

When we were sending PMs to people, sending emails to them, making everything incredibly private we were ignored by many people. We said back in November that we were done chasing people around, and that still applies.

We're all adults here, no one is going to be laughing at anyone over posting too many times in one day. That's just silly. If I broke a rule my name would be on there too.

I can't make it visible just for the people in trouble because the point is 1. it means Mare and I don't have to chase anyone, and 2. here is the proof for those that wonder whether the rules are enforced fairly and for everyone that they indeed are.

Okay, I can understand that. I just didn't see it in that way and it makes sense to do it that way, it kind of sucks that its come to that but perfectly understandable .
I agree with both of you. It's really the only way. And I follow the rules...or at least I try to. I'm only writing the one story right now and thats coming slow...so I'm good! :)

Karen

• Major Disruption
  • You only live once.
    • drivebylove
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2011, 08:48:24 PM »

I don't understand what the fuss is about. You break a rule, your name gets listed. It's not the end of the world. It'll remind you to pay better attention to the rules next time plus it helps ease some of the load off of the mods shoulders.
Find me @ drivebylove, ac

myconfession

« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2011, 08:50:59 PM »

Word *throws peace sign*

Mariah

• Major Disruption
  • Let go of today, tomorrow's another day...
    • http://www.absolutechaos.net/viewuser.php?uid=1274
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2011, 08:53:21 PM »

Ha, its kinda like being fan fiction black-listed. I don't mind it. lol Its just a week. Though its sort of ironic I got banned for spamming yet, I was listed in this thread as well as PMd. Kinda interesting. Though just to clarify, I didn't steal anything. Just posted my story a lot. lol
My Stories
Jack: FYI, he was the love of my life.
Will: You've said that about each Backstreet Boy at one time or another. -Will & Grace

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2011, 08:57:34 PM »

lol Sorry for spamming you. Originally I was going to just let this thread speak for itself but as a courtesy for this still being kind of a test idea, sent the PM.

It just adds to your street cred, is all.
~Maple Jellybean~

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2011, 09:05:13 PM »

I completely agree. If you think you're being singled out or attacked that is ridiculous. Spamming most recent is very unfair to other people on AC who want their updates to be seen. If you have a problem with the rules just don't post. Don't blame other people for your mistakes and drag everyone into it.

yorkielover88

« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2011, 10:11:41 PM »

I so would speak my mind right now but it'd probably get me banned for life! Oh and mare hunny, I'd still feel Garrett toward this stupid fucking thread weather I was listed it in or not! Oh yes and Julilly sweetie, I'm not stretching in stating a fact! The rest of you can keep your thoughts to yourself!

Mariah

• Major Disruption
  • Let go of today, tomorrow's another day...
    • http://www.absolutechaos.net/viewuser.php?uid=1274
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2011, 10:14:01 PM »

lol Sorry for spamming you. Originally I was going to just let this thread speak for itself but as a courtesy for this still being kind of a test idea, sent the PM.

It just adds to your street cred, is all.

Not a problem.
My Stories
Jack: FYI, he was the love of my life.
Will: You've said that about each Backstreet Boy at one time or another. -Will & Grace

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2011, 10:15:45 PM »

It seems you're the only one who is offended. You brought it on yourself, you have no right to bash people for having an OPINION.

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2011, 10:19:16 PM »

I so would speak my mind right now but it'd probably get me banned for life! Oh and mare hunny, I'd still feel Garrett toward this stupid fucking thread weather I was listed it in or not! Oh yes and Julilly sweetie, I'm not stretching in stating a fact! The rest of you can keep your thoughts to yourself!

There's no such thing as being banned for life for speaking your mind.

First, I am not your sweetie, nor do I appreciate pet names. Second, we had nothing to do with you losing interest in your own story. Blame us all you want but having your account locked for a week (which wasn't even a whole week by the way) was your own fault. I didn't post four stories for you, Mare didn't post them for you either, you posted them. You broke the rule. Take some responsibility for it.

Everyone else is just as entitled to their own opinions as you are to yours. So unless you plan on not voicing your opinions then you'd best accept that everyone else on this forum is allowed to say theirs. It's not for you to tell them to keep their thoughts to themselves.

You came into this thread SO concerned that you were being embarassed or singled out but all you're doing right now is drawing attention to yourself.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 10:22:04 PM by julilly »
~Maple Jellybean~

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2011, 10:21:16 PM »

Wow, is all this really necessary? Mariah has no problem with it, and she's listed right there with you. Honestly to prevent it from happening again, all you need to do is not break the rules. I really don't see the issue.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2011, 10:24:15 PM »

Exactly. And using pet names is immature.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4