Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: If you could pick one of your stories to be featured...  (Read 25814 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
If you could pick one of your stories to be featured...
« on: April 12, 2007, 08:22:35 PM »

If you could pick one of your stories to be featured story of the month, which one would it be and why?

This might help us when it comes time to pick stories to feature from month to month. I really do want to give as many people a chance to be highlighted as possible and since Julilly isn't around and Chaos is MIA, it'll make my life a lot easier. lol

If you would rather mention a story that doesn't belong to you that's perfectly fine as well. Especially if you've already gotten a chance to be featured.

I can only speak for myself when I say what I look for is a story that is almost done with an author who will appreciate being put in this position. For instance if you mention a story that's only 2 chapters long, i'm not going to pick it unless that's all there is to the story. Or if you pick someone who doesn't post here, doesn't respond to their feedback and doesn't seem to appreciate their readers in general, i'll most likely pass on that person. (See Mare's pet peeves lol)

Other than that, go nuts and let me know what you think.

Thanks!  ;)

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion
Re: If you could pick one of your stories to be featured...
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2007, 09:26:32 PM »

I'd like to see either Broken or By My Side by Julie featured. I think she deserves it!

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2007, 07:42:59 AM »

I can't really think of one of my own stories, but I agree with Mel about either of Julie's Broken or BMS stories. Also, Mare, ANY of your wonderful tales would be very deserving. And, of course, one of my very, very favorite stories: Finding Brotherhood from Mersey.

All three of you lovely writers deserves a month!
Sarah

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2007, 05:16:51 PM »

I'd like to see either Broken or By My Side by Julie featured. I think she deserves it!

Wow, thanks!!  And thanks, Sarah, too! ;D
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2007, 06:51:07 PM »

I can't really think of one of my own stories, but I agree with Mel about either of Julie's Broken or BMS stories. Also, Mare, ANY of your wonderful tales would be very deserving. And, of course, one of my very, very favorite stories: Finding Brotherhood from Mersey.

All three of you lovely writers deserves a month!

Thanks Sarah :) and you know i'd love to feature Finding Brotherhood because it's one of my favorites. In fact I tried to feature it before the forum opened but it's actually not posted on AC. LOL

Broken I love as well but we have already featured that one on AC before the forum opened. I think for those it would be nice to refeature some of the older ones because we never had a venue to discuss them, although we did also discuss Broken on FFF so Julie's been down my Oprah road before but of course I am keeping it on the list of possibilities. lol

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2007, 06:52:54 PM »

okay i'm confused because I just checked the retired stories and Broken wasn't there. Am I right Julie? Wasn't Broken a featured story or am I on crack? lol

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2007, 08:14:53 PM »

It was, but it seemed like several of the more recent featured stories disappeared from that list the last time Chaos revamped/moved the site.
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2007, 08:35:57 PM »

Ah, okay lol

I knew I wasn't imagining things.

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2007, 01:20:02 PM »

*pipes up* Not that I expect to be featured ever... Especially with my currently brooding Muse and fandom switching....

But I'd toss "Pandora's Box" out there for you.

*sigh* And now I feel selfish because I didn't name someone else... :-[ For everybody on here, I think they are all amazing authors and all deserve to be featured. :) Though I can't think of a particular story I'd recommend.....
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2007, 02:04:42 PM »

Here Dee. I'll follow your lead so you don't feel like the only one. If I had to pick something of mine I'd probably say "Not Your Average Cinderella Story".  It's not my most popular, but I feel it's my best work so far.

Otherwise, I would love to see either "Learning to Trust" by Sweet18_2003. I don't knw if she's on this board yet, but it's a really good story.  Or, anything by Sarah. (starbeamz2) My favorite is "Once Upon A Time" but it's not finished. Though everything of hers is wonderful so, anything you went with would make me happy.  :)
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2007, 05:59:18 PM »

I would like to see one of Sarah's (starbeamz2) stories featured too.  As for which one, she can tell you which one she thinks is best.
~Julie

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2007, 10:14:41 PM »

Yea Sarah's stuff is good too although I haven't yet gotten a chance to read Once Upon a Time. I love Proving Them Wrong although I am pretty behind on that one too  :-[

Teri

• Minion of Mayhem
  • *giggles*
    • Drifting-In-Between-Dreams A Place to Lose Reality if Only for a Moment
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2007, 10:55:39 PM »

I don't know which one of mine I'd pick, possibly SWIB, I think it's my best work so far, and it's sequel is coming along nicely but it's hard to think about my stories that way ya know? Another story I'd love to see as story of the month is Proving Them Wrong by Sarah...I absolutely adore this story it's just amazing.
Spike: "Hey big guy I'm going to need some new wheels the other one ended up in the...drink..."
Angel: "Spike.... just walk away"
Spike: "You're a..."
Angel: "Don't say it!"
Spike: "You're a bleeding puppet!"

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2007, 11:23:07 PM »

What is SWIB?

I have always sucked with nicknames I still can't even do that with BSB songs lol

And also guys it would help me if you'd use their pen names as well even though most of the time I know who you're talking about. 

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2007, 12:21:51 AM »

Mare, SWIB is Teri's "Somewhere I Belong".

Oh, wow. I didn't realize so many people would bring me up in this thread. *blushes* you know, you're all amazing, too! but thanks for recommending me!

Honestly, I think Mare, Mersey, Julilly, and Julie should have a featured story because they're all fabulous writers! But, I've said that before and will continue to do so. *gets out soapbox, stands on it, and chants "Mare, Mersey, Julilly, Julie..."* LOL
Sarah
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8