Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: The Reading Duel  (Read 27912 times)

alota_cookin

• Commander of Confusion
Re: The Reading Duel
« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2011, 09:37:50 PM »

I think I'll have to get myself into this, too. I need a reason to make me get back into reading and writing. But...I will have to think a little on what story I'd have to offer up.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2011, 09:39:22 PM »

Excellent! You have until Sunday night! :)

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #47 on: July 15, 2011, 10:09:22 PM »

I want to do this but I won't be by a computer by Sunday! I'll try to fill it out from my phone lol
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #48 on: July 15, 2011, 10:10:22 PM »

Text me your answers and I'll fill it out for you Steph lol
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #49 on: July 15, 2011, 10:31:29 PM »

Name: Mare

Genres you most like to read: Suspense, action/adventure, drama

Genres you are willing to try: Anything except visuals or really long stories.

Story of yours that you would like to submit: It Stays With You

Genre: Suspense

Summary: In 1996 while on a mini tour in Philadelphia Brian and Nick after playing an innocent game of basketball encounter something that will forever change both of thier lives as well as the rest of the group. Told from Brian's Point of view

Chapter count: 30

Word count: 70,637

Is it complete? Yes

One question you'd like the person reading it to answer: Did you have a hard time reading the more disturbing parts of the story and did it keep you interested to find out what happens next?

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #50 on: July 15, 2011, 10:33:29 PM »

As long as I know you guys are interested we can wait on you but not too long only because once August starts I know all the teachers doing this challenge are not going to have a lot of time to read lol

So as far as I know we're waiting on Kristal, Darby and Steph! Anyone else?

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #51 on: July 15, 2011, 10:34:04 PM »

Mare can't challenge me :(. (Don't think she could've anyway lol). I've read her story so many times.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #52 on: July 15, 2011, 10:37:24 PM »

Aww I couldn't challenge you anyway since I've read yours lol

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #53 on: July 16, 2011, 12:55:58 AM »

Booo on people for picking stories I already read. I am so excited for this challenge.

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #54 on: July 16, 2011, 06:24:51 AM »

I've read and absolutely LOVED Stockholm Syndrome.  Think I read it last year.  I've made a start on 00Carter but have a long way to go.  But not read any of the others mentioned yet.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #55 on: July 16, 2011, 06:47:11 AM »

Yup, that's going to be the hard part is being able to challenge someone especially if you have read most of the stories above. I'm still trying to figure out how to do the dueling part lol Looking forward to it though.

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #56 on: July 16, 2011, 07:20:37 AM »

I can't challenge Rose or Julie cause I am an avid reader of 00Carter anyway lol. There are some stories listed that look interesting.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #57 on: July 16, 2011, 07:39:13 AM »

One other thing about this challenge, when you pick a story to submit, it really should be done or close to done. It seems like most are but there is one ot two that aren't. If they aren't finished and only 10 or more chapters in, the person reading it might not really be able to give you what you want.

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #58 on: July 16, 2011, 01:35:13 PM »

I've thought about doing this but not sure what story I'd put up ...  I think I will give it a try and will PM my information later.
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #59 on: July 16, 2011, 02:06:48 PM »

Good!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10