Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Featured Story for May 2007 - Children Like Me by Mersey  (Read 30940 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Featured Story for May 2007 - Children Like Me by Mersey
« on: May 01, 2007, 06:06:22 AM »

Hey there!

I have had an extremely crappy month so to make it better I decided to pick one of my recent favorite stories, Children Like Me  :)

There are many reasons why I love this one to bits but i'm hoping you guys will read and draw your own conclusions as to why it's so special.

This is the link to the story:

http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8302

It's a BSB/Supernatural crossover although you don't have to be a fan of the show to really get this story. If anything this story will make you a fan of the show!

Adorable guys and demons...there ya go!

Mersey is an incredible writer. She's always been one of my favorites, long before I got to know her as a friend. She has an incredible talent when it comes to writing in first person and probably writes one of the best Nick's out there.

So show her some love this month.

As always i'll be in and out as Oprah lol

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder
Re: Featured Story for May 2007 - Children Like Me by Mersey
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2007, 11:50:46 AM »

Yay for Mersey!! *throws confetti and blows up balloons*

I LOVE this story, and, Mare's right. You don't have to be a fan of Supernatural in order to appreciate everything that happens in the story. Maybe you'll even turn into a Supernatural fan after reading this...I know I did LOL

Children Like Me is full of awesome suspense with some amusing lines and situations added in (ex: Dean and Nick *wiggles brows* and everyone lining their hotel room windows with salt LMAO) I just love Mersey's writing to pieces, and this is yet another tale that she fabulously spun! Congrats, Mersey!

If you haven't read it....you should!!
Sarah

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2007, 05:49:19 PM »

Yay for Mersey!! *throws confetti and blows up balloons*

I LOVE this story, and, Mare's right. You don't have to be a fan of Supernatural in order to appreciate everything that happens in the story. Maybe you'll even turn into a Supernatural fan after reading this...I know I did LOL

Children Like Me is full of awesome suspense with some amusing lines and situations added in (ex: Dean and Nick *wiggles brows* and everyone lining their hotel room windows with salt LMAO) I just love Mersey's writing to pieces, and this is yet another tale that she fabulously spun! Congrats, Mersey!

If you haven't read it....you should!!

And I also have to add that i'm not a big fan of crossovers at all. Nor am I a fan of SN fanfics in general so I admit when Mers first posted this one I wasn't all that woohoo-ish over it but it's done in such a way that you can totally tell it's a BSB fic. The SN boys are there to play into the BSB characters. I think there's only one chapter that's mainly Sam and Dean. The rest are BSB with Sam and Dean if that makes sense?

Also there are a ton of great twists and turns and a few mean cliffies! But at least it's complete so you don't have to wait to find out what happens. lol yay!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

marina

• Innocent Bystander
  • Leave me where I am, I'm only sleeping
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2007, 08:06:05 PM »

Yay! One of my recent favorites too. I mean, what can be better than BSB and Sam and Dean together  ;D
“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” - Oscar Wilde

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2007, 08:13:18 PM »

Yay! One of my recent favorites too. I mean, what can be better than BSB and Sam and Dean together  ;D

Gosh Maria, you're still a fledgling? lol

marina

• Innocent Bystander
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2007, 08:21:07 PM »

And I also have to add that i'm not a big fan of crossovers at all. Nor am I a fan of SN fanfics in general so I admit when Mers first posted this one I wasn't all that woohoo-ish over it but it's done in such a way that you can totally tell it's a BSB fic. The SN boys are there to play into the BSB characters. I think there's only one chapter that's mainly Sam and Dean. The rest are BSB with Sam and Dean if that makes sense?

Also there are a ton of great twists and turns and a few mean cliffies! But at least it's complete so you don't have to wait to find out what happens. lol yay!

Now that you mention it mare I think I'm not a big fan of crossovers either. I have never thought about it because I remember having fun reading those Cecilia's BSB and NSync crossovers years ago but now that I think about it, I never go looking for 'crossover' stories.

But you are right, this one is fabulous and it's very Nick/BSB centered so it doesn't matter if you are not a Supernatural fan, you can still read it and enjoy it because it's amazing. And I think I'm in part guilty of that Sam and Dean chap because I kept bugging Mersey to write it after she mentioned something about Dean's impression of AJ and I think she didn't even want to go that route because she wanted to keep it very BSB but I'm so glad I bug her because that chapter rocks too  :P and I'm sure that even if you haven't watched Supernatural and don't know Dean and Sam you will have fun reading it because mersey does a great job before that chap allowing us to know more about those two characters.
“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” - Oscar Wilde

marina

• Innocent Bystander
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2007, 08:25:29 PM »

Gosh Maria, you're still a fledgling? lol

Yes I am :( How about going to every thread and posting this icon ->  :P hehe

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2007, 08:25:50 PM »

Yes I agree! Mersey rocks!

I guess ;) hehehe

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2007, 08:26:44 PM »

Yes I am :( How about going to every thread and posting this icon ->  :P hehe

What you should do is write a story in the picture challenge thread! It's Nick and Kevin seriously :) we can't go wrong!

marina

• Innocent Bystander
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2007, 08:43:05 PM »

What you should do is write a story in the picture challenge thread! It's Nick and Kevin seriously :) we can't go wrong!

Can it be a haiku instead of a story? I don't see me writing anything longer these days :( lol

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2007, 08:51:48 PM »

uh... lol

mers

• Captain of Commotion
  • the other M
    • Unveiled Thoughts
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2007, 10:28:23 PM »

OMG! ok before i forget, Mare, thank you for making CLM story of the Month! I'm glad that fic is completed hehe. And i feel special, like Nick and Sam, so I'm in good company yes?

Thank you for the kind words you girls! You put a  ;D to my face. Also, maria's right. I was kind of reluctant to write an entire chapter of Sam & Dean because I'm still not comfortable writing their characters but I enjoyed writing that chapter in the end, and it opened up a lot of doors for their POV in later chaps, which helps the story so yeah, bugging can be a good thing, lol.

Also, I know you had your reservations for this fic mare, you dont want to read a SN fic, you want a BSB fic, which is what i was aiming for, Dean and Sam are secondary characters and I hope i managed to get that balance right. I didnt even want to make Nick a special kid in the beginning cause i thought that was kind of corny, but I remembered Sam’s visions are always connected to the YED and a fellow special kid somehow and so everything clicked into place.

I also had a really proud moment when Sarah told me she had started watching and became a fan and is currently writing her first BSB/SN crossover.

Okay, I want to do a haiku now but i seriously suck at this.
What succor, what consolation is there in truth, compared to a story? What good is truth, at midnight, in the dark, when the wind is roaring like a bear in the chimney? What you need are the plump comforts of a story. Th soothing, rocking safety of a lie - Vida Winter

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2007, 10:33:03 PM »

You are welcome! :) I meant every word. It's a great story and I get tingly knowing you wrote it got my Bday.

mers

• Captain of Commotion
  • the other M
    • Unveiled Thoughts
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2007, 10:39:33 PM »

You are welcome! :) I meant every word. It's a great story and I get tingly knowing you wrote it got my Bday.

Yes, i need a push to write, and your birthday was it for me. I thought hey, why not? It's a 3M tradition anyways, lets do it! lol. and the big bonus is that you liked it in the end, it would have sucked if you hated it and it was meant for your bday! lol
What succor, what consolation is there in truth, compared to a story? What good is truth, at midnight, in the dark, when the wind is roaring like a bear in the chimney? What you need are the plump comforts of a story. Th soothing, rocking safety of a lie - Vida Winter

Teri

• Minion of Mayhem
  • *giggles*
    • Drifting-In-Between-Dreams A Place to Lose Reality if Only for a Moment
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2007, 11:44:58 PM »

Hmm haven't read this one yet, I'm gonna have to check it out!!! *runs to AC*
Spike: "Hey big guy I'm going to need some new wheels the other one ended up in the...drink..."
Angel: "Spike.... just walk away"
Spike: "You're a..."
Angel: "Don't say it!"
Spike: "You're a bleeding puppet!"
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7