Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Featured Story for May 2007 - Children Like Me by Mersey  (Read 30964 times)

Nijntje

• Minion of Mayhem
  • Some love is not really love at all..
Re: Featured Story for May 2007 - Children Like Me by Mersey
« Reply #45 on: May 11, 2007, 02:12:04 PM »

Alright, I spent all afternoon reading "Children like me" and I must say that I absolutely love it! I think that maybe CLM is your best work so far!
And it's definitely worth to be featured as a story of the month!

At times I had trouble understanding everything that was being said/done, but you can totally blame that on me being Dutch ( ) and not on your writing skills!

I the idea of a Supernatural/BSB crossover.. I just have one problem with it though..
it's just almost too hot to handle

But seriously, I LOVE the idea.. and what I also loved was the fact that even though Sam too has visions, he's not all wise and mighty when it comes to Nick's visions. There's a big difference between their experiences, and Sam does not have all the answers, so Nick has to struggle on his own too. (Do I make sense?)

I liked the fact that Brian wanted to help out, but still had trouble handling the whole situation because of his beliefs. And Howie trying to fill Kevin's shoes.. awww.. it was kinda sad to have this whole thing take place just after Kevin decided to quit the group.. on the other hand though, that is how things are now, so I applaud you for writing it like this!

Overall, great job mersey and I hope to see more stories like this.. maybe even a sequel??

And now, for a question (or 2, 3, ...)
Why did you let Sam have the visions and not Dean?  :D
Are you planning on writing a sequel? And if not, why so?

If I come up with more, I'll let you know  ;D

(And yeah, I felt like using a LOT of smilies today  ;D )

Love, Nijntje
Not every dream is supposed to come true
Some words are best unsaid
Some love is not really love at all
I keep everything I shared with you
And that's enough.. there's us..

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #46 on: May 11, 2007, 05:05:27 PM »

Yay Mersey!!! :D
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mers

• Captain of Commotion
  • the other M
    • Unveiled Thoughts
« Reply #47 on: May 13, 2007, 09:26:47 PM »

Alright, I spent all afternoon reading "Children like me" and I must say that I absolutely love it! I think that maybe CLM is your best work so far!
And it's definitely worth to be featured as a story of the month!

At times I had trouble understanding everything that was being said/done, but you can totally blame that on me being Dutch ( ) and not on your writing skills!

I the idea of a Supernatural/BSB crossover.. I just have one problem with it though..
it's just almost too hot to handle

But seriously, I LOVE the idea.. and what I also loved was the fact that even though Sam too has visions, he's not all wise and mighty when it comes to Nick's visions. There's a big difference between their experiences, and Sam does not have all the answers, so Nick has to struggle on his own too. (Do I make sense?)

I liked the fact that Brian wanted to help out, but still had trouble handling the whole situation because of his beliefs. And Howie trying to fill Kevin's shoes.. awww.. it was kinda sad to have this whole thing take place just after Kevin decided to quit the group.. on the other hand though, that is how things are now, so I applaud you for writing it like this!

Overall, great job mersey and I hope to see more stories like this.. maybe even a sequel??

And now, for a question (or 2, 3, ...)
Why did you let Sam have the visions and not Dean?  :D
Are you planning on writing a sequel? And if not, why so?

If I come up with more, I'll let you know  ;D

(And yeah, I felt like using a LOT of smilies today  ;D )

Love, Nijntje

Hi Nijntje,

sorry took me a while to reply. I've been down with flu and i thought i got over it and then it came back and bit me in the ass some more over the weekend, lol. anyway, all the reviews you and Kelly had left for CLM make me smile today :D thank you for reading!

hehe you made me crack up with your too hot to handle remark! it's true though, but im not complaining. i love hotness.

to answer your questions,

Sam and his psychic abilities is the major arc of the show Supernatural. The 2 brothers having to deal with Sam's destiny and the Demon. So that's a given from the show, i didn't chose Sam over Dean for the visions :)

also currently, i have no plans to do a sequel for CLM because if past experiences are something to learn from, I suck at sequels, hehe. but never say never right?

thanks for dropping by and commenting, i really appreciate it!!
What succor, what consolation is there in truth, compared to a story? What good is truth, at midnight, in the dark, when the wind is roaring like a bear in the chimney? What you need are the plump comforts of a story. Th soothing, rocking safety of a lie - Vida Winter

mers

• Captain of Commotion
  • the other M
    • Unveiled Thoughts
« Reply #48 on: May 13, 2007, 09:30:38 PM »

They are green, orange and brown. Some of them have an imprint of Shrek's face in place of the infamous 'M'. They're huge!

Great. Now i want some too!
What succor, what consolation is there in truth, compared to a story? What good is truth, at midnight, in the dark, when the wind is roaring like a bear in the chimney? What you need are the plump comforts of a story. Th soothing, rocking safety of a lie - Vida Winter

Nijntje

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #49 on: May 14, 2007, 07:23:30 AM »

Sam and his psychic abilities is the major arc of the show Supernatural. The 2 brothers having to deal with Sam's destiny and the Demon. So that's a given from the show, i didn't chose Sam over Dean for the visions :)

Aw, hope you're feeling better by now!
Aha, I guess the show got cancelled here before we ever got to learn about Sam's visions :(

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2007, 10:54:32 AM »

Aw, hope you're feeling better by now!
Aha, I guess the show got cancelled here before we ever got to learn about Sam's visions :(

TV on DVD baby!!! It's the greatest thing! That's how I'm catching up.
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

Nijntje

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #51 on: May 14, 2007, 11:32:46 AM »

huh?

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #52 on: May 14, 2007, 11:52:46 AM »

lol sorry! didn't mean to sound confusing. I meant that I rented Supernatural season one on DVD. (watching TV on DVD) That's how I am catching up on all the episodes I missed. If you can do that where you are, I suggest doing it because so far the show has been fantastic.
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

Nijntje

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #53 on: May 14, 2007, 11:55:49 AM »

Ah, I see.. I kinda thought you meant that.. but I thought you BOUGHT it on DVD.. and then I was like: Why buy a DVD-box of a show you don't even know you'll like?! *confuzzled*

I actually have NO idea if our Rent-a-movie-stores have shows on DVD for rent as well.. I'll go check that out! ;D

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #54 on: May 14, 2007, 05:15:25 PM »

Congrats on being selected as Story of the Month Mersey! To be honest I kind of fell behind halfway through this one because I started to get really bogged down by other things and never finished it, so now that its story of the month (and my schedule just opened up a bit) I'm going to attempt to finish it sometime this month.

I still have yet to see an episode of SN though. But seriously for any other non SN fans for a crossover fic it is pretty easy to follow even if you aren't familair w/ Supernatural.

mers

• Captain of Commotion
  • the other M
    • Unveiled Thoughts
« Reply #55 on: May 15, 2007, 02:08:25 AM »

lol sorry! didn't mean to sound confusing. I meant that I rented Supernatural season one on DVD. (watching TV on DVD) That's how I am catching up on all the episodes I missed. If you can do that where you are, I suggest doing it because so far the show has been fantastic.

OMG i guess Sarah REALLY convinced you to watch this show huh? hehehe *is loving this* yay!

also Nijntje, if you dont want to spend your $$ on renting it and would prefer to watch the episodes online, let me know, I can PM you the links. :)

mers

• Captain of Commotion
  • the other M
    • Unveiled Thoughts
« Reply #56 on: May 15, 2007, 02:11:56 AM »

Congrats on being selected as Story of the Month Mersey! To be honest I kind of fell behind halfway through this one because I started to get really bogged down by other things and never finished it, so now that its story of the month (and my schedule just opened up a bit) I'm going to attempt to finish it sometime this month.

I still have yet to see an episode of SN though. But seriously for any other non SN fans for a crossover fic it is pretty easy to follow even if you aren't familair w/ Supernatural.

Thanks Mellz! I know what you mean though, I'm supposed to be reading Moppy's fic (and my personal aim is to get it done by this week) but work isnt letting me too many free time to read in peace, i hate when that happens.

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #57 on: May 15, 2007, 11:14:45 AM »

OMG i guess Sarah REALLY convinced you to watch this show huh? hehehe *is loving this* yay!

Actually it really wasn't so much Sarah as it was your guys' stories, "Monster In My Closet" and "Children Like Me".

I'm actually only half way done with your story so far but both of these stories really depict the characters so well that I just had to see for myself if the Whinchester brothers were that fun on screen. And they are, I love it so far. My husband really liked it too hehe. We're watching the series together now. So chalk up two more converted SN fans -lol.

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #58 on: May 15, 2007, 04:12:37 PM »

So I spent all morning finishing this story and I want to thank Mare for picking it. (and Mersey for writing it of course ;)) I think it is my favorite of all the featured stories so far. I think what I liked about it the most was how well Mersey wrote the characters. (Backstreet Boys and Winchester Boys alike.) Each one had their own flair and you did a wonderful job of making them sound like the boys that we all know and love.

I loved the brotherly theme throughout the whole story and especially loved how you paralleled the relationships of Brian and Nick with Sam and Dean and also the similarities between Kevin and Dean. It gave the story deapth beyond just what you needed to know for it all to make sense.

The story was just wonderful and it made me actually start watching Supernatural. I don't think Sarah is the only poster child here -lol.

The only thing for me was that I never fully understood the visions. They were a little confusing every time I read them. Not enough for me to not understand whats going on, but I wasn't able to picture how they all came together at the end. Does that make any sense? I'm probably alone here, because my dislexic self gets confused a lot when I read and I have to read things over and over sometimes. SO I'm sure everyone else had no problems and if someone wants to explain it to me who's read it, that would be cool. Not in this thread of course because it would give it away for those who haven't read it yet.

Anyway, I'm rambling again. I loved the story! And I love this thread because its motivating me read things that I wouldn't normally read and so far I've been thrilled! I also think that reading things that are a little out of my norm might be why I've been writing things a little out of my norm too. Interesting...  (you just watch Mare, before long I won't be writing fluff romance anymore.) ok that's not true... I'm a sap and always will be, but maybe I won't ONLY be a sap.  ;D

Congrats again Mersey! Loved the story! and I'm excited that I don't hate Jensen Ackles anymore because now he can be Dean and not Jason!!! Yay!!!

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #59 on: May 15, 2007, 08:12:38 PM »

Actually it really wasn't so much Sarah as it was your guys' stories, "Monster In My Closet" and "Children Like Me".

I'm actually only half way done with your story so far but both of these stories really depict the characters so well that I just had to see for myself if the Whinchester brothers were that fun on screen. And they are, I love it so far. My husband really liked it too hehe. We're watching the series together now. So chalk up two more converted SN fans -lol.

Yay for more SN fans! Aww, thanks for enjoying my story, too, Kelly! It's nowhere near as good as CLM because CLM is the ultimate for SN/BSB fics!

Psst...Mers... I updated Monster in the Closet for you!
Sarah
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7