Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: The Second Annual readers challenge! :)  (Read 26462 times)

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: The Second Annual readers challenge! :)
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2012, 04:00:04 PM »

Name: Julilly

Did you participate in the challenge last year?: Sure did!

If yes, what did you read? (story and author): Um... uh oh... OH! I read The Best of Both Worlds by Sakabelle

Which story of yours was read and who read it?: I believe it was Stockholm Syndrome and Karah read it

What are your favorite genres to read?: I'm not too picky with genre as long as it's well written but I am a huge fan of alternate universe. It's my hands down favourite.

Is there anything that you would feel uncomfortable reading?: Howie stories. :P No!

Give us three of your stories you would be willing to submit to this challenge, complete with links:

As You Are (http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=10086)
Hawk and a Handsaw (http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=10084)
Satin and Silk (http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=10085)

All of the questions below are about what you like to read to give me an idea how to pair some of you up

Does chapter length matter to you? If yes, what is your preference? Long or short?: Doesn't matter

Would you be willing to read a story that is not complete?: Sure!

Does story length matter to you? If so, what do you prefer? (1 - 25 chapters = short, 1 - 50 chapters = middle, 1- 100 chapters = long, over 100 = epically long) I'd prefer that it not be an epic.

Who are some of the authors you read regularly? : Hmm. Hannah, Mare, Julie, Darby, Saka-Steph, UK-Steph...

What are some stories you have read in the past year?: I really can't remember.

Do you regularly respond to feedback or give feedback?: I'm crap at feedback, except when I do this!

Do you have an author in mind who you would like to try out your stuff?: No one in particular.

Comments or questions?: If oranges were purple would they still be oranges?
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

Sapphire

• Major Disruption
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2012, 04:02:38 PM »

Can we submit a story that has been a featured story? Does a story have to be finished?

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2012, 04:09:57 PM »

Can we submit a story that has been a featured story? Does a story have to be finished?

So long as it wasn't the story you used last year in this same thing, I think you're fine. And I don't believe they have to be finished. (Correct me if I'm wrong Mare)
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2012, 04:45:36 PM »

What Julilly said is correct on both counts lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Sapphire

• Major Disruption
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2012, 06:52:48 PM »

thanks. be back with my answers.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2012, 06:55:40 PM »

Excellent! :)
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2012, 08:27:24 PM »

Name: Rose

Did you participate in the challenge last year? Yep!

If yes, what did you read? (story and author)
Casual by Cabybakes

Which story of yours was read and who read it?
00Carter, which was read by Saka and Mellz

What are your favorite genres to read?
Action, Sci-Fi, Horror

Is there anything that you would feel uncomfortable reading?
Visuals

Give us three of your stories you would be willing to submit to this challenge, complete with links

Song For The Undead - http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=9551

Remember Me This Way - http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=10108

(I have others but they're either really really old so no lol, or not far enough along yet.)

Does chapter length matter to you? If yes, what is your preference? Long or short?
It does a little, just cause sometimes if not written right, it comes off way too wordy. But not enough for me to actually have a legit preference lol.

Would you be willing to read a story that is not complete?
Sure!

Does story length matter to you? If so, what do you prefer? (1 - 25 chapters = short, 1 - 50 chapters = middle, 1- 100 chapters = long, over 100 = epically long)
No, cause I'm submitting a long one (again lol).

Who are some of the authors you read regularly?
Julie, Steph, Mare, Hannah...

What are some stories you have read in the past year?
Anything by Mare, Julie, Save a Prayer - by Steph, Running Up That Hill by Saka-Steph

Do you regularly respond to feedback or give feedback?
Yes to both.

Do you have an author in mind who you would like to try out your stuff?
Not really lol.

Comments or questions?
Sure....do you loooooove me? :P lol
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

carterkid

• Major Disruption
  • It's a backstreet world....we just live in it
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2012, 10:11:38 PM »

Name:Carterkid

Did you participate in the challenge last year? yes

If yes, what did you read? (story and author) Visions of Love by  alota_cookin

Which story of yours was read and who read it? Tooth Fairy read by Purpura Lipstick

What are your favorite genres to read? Suspense, Drama, Angst, Comedy, AU,Action/Adventure,

Is there anything that you would feel uncomfortable reading? Visuals,Rape,Graphic sex, I don't really want to read anything other than BSB,TMNT,Harry Potter,X-MEN,Twilight

Give us three of your stories you would be willing to submit to this challenge, complete with links

Uncle Daddy (Not Done)- http://www.absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=10165&warning=5

I Dare you- http://www.absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=10160

Nothing Can Wake Him- http://www.absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=10204

All of the questions below are about what you like to read to give me an idea how to pair some of you up

Does chapter length matter to you? If yes, what is your preference? Long or short? short

Would you be willing to read a story that is not complete? yes

Does story length matter to you? If so, what do you prefer? (1 - 25 chapters = short, 1 - 50 chapters = middle, 1- 100 chapters = long, over 100 = epically long)

short or middle

Who are some of the authors you read regularly? Mare,Carter-Orange,DelphinaCarter,Purpura Lipstick,Julilly,Rose,Rokofages (just about anyone at AC lol)

What are some stories you have read in the past year? Rewind,Guilty Roads... I really can't remember more 

Do you regularly respond to feedback or give feedback? Try my best to respond but don't always give feedback.

Do you have an author in mind who you would like to try out your stuff? nope

Comments or questions? nope

Sapphire

• Major Disruption
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2012, 10:32:26 PM »

I'd like to change my answer to this question:Is there anything that you would feel uncomfortable reading?

I'd prefer not to read anything with vampires again, horror that isn't too graphic and scarey and no supernatural.

Also this one:Does story length matter to you? If so, what do you prefer? (1 - 25 chapters = short, 1 - 50 chapters = middle, 1- 100 chapters = long, over 100 = epically long)

Short

Alexsgirl_ritz

• Major Disruption
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2012, 04:26:25 AM »

Name: Ritz

Did you participate in the challenge last year? No. But I really wanted to.

If yes, what did you read? (story and author) N/A

Which story of yours was read and who read it?  N/A

What are your favorite genres to read?

~ I am a sucker at romance and drama, but I read anything

Is there anything that you would feel uncomfortable reading?

~The things I am not comfortable in reading are already banned in AC

~ I only have two story here in AC, one I am not really proud of and the other one is incomplete. But I'll still submit them and its fine if it won't be assigned to anybody.

Back to your heart http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=9837
      The Other Side of Nick Carter http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=10684

Does chapter length matter to you? If yes, what is your preference? Long or short?
    ~ I Prefer shorter chapter but if it is really needed for a chapter then I don't mind long ones.

Would you be willing to read a story that is not complete?

~ Yes!

~ Middle = 1 to 50 chapters

Who are some of the authors you read regularly?

~ RokofAges, Purpuralipstuc k, Carter Orange, Kevmylove, Colorguard, Tri, Mare (old stories) and the list goes on

What are some stories you have read in the past year?

~ almost all the stories of the authors mentioned above.

Do you regularly respond to feedback or give feedback?

~ yes! well, for the new stuffs.... Sorry, Mare I know I'm bad at giving feedbacks at old stories cause I tend to read them in one sitting. :)

Do you have an author in mind who you would like to try out your stuff?

~ it could be anyone. :)
A world without Alex is a wasted space.

carterkid

• Major Disruption
  • It's a backstreet world....we just live in it
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2012, 11:53:40 AM »

Sorry, Mare I would like to add more to my answers for the following.

Is there anything that you would feel uncomfortable reading? horror and no romance

Comments or questions? Two of my stories listed has an ex-cowriter who helped,Is that okay?

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2012, 03:00:49 PM »

You guys do realize this is a reading CHALLENGE, right? I mean if we all just read things we wanted to read it wouldn't be a challenge. I can understand if you feel uncomfortable reading about something like sex, rape, etc... but I feel like maybe we're starting to be a little too picky?

Something to think about.

I mean I hate NKOTB so much I can't even type it without cringing or my eye twitching lol and if I had to read a NKOTB story I know i'd probably hate it, but part of the challenge would be to read something out of my comfort zone and lord knows they are as out of my comfort zone as I could get. Now if they all were mating with each other like rabid bunnies i'd steer away from it although probably accurate because reading obsessive amount of sex makes me literally uncomfortable, does that make sense? I guess what i'm saying is there's a difference between being uncomfortable and just not liking something.

That being said, it's also going to be very hard to keep you guys away from all the elements you're asking for. No worries Krystle about the vampire stories, since that's what you read last year I wouldn't make you read the same thing this year. :)

Just putting that out there.

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2012, 03:05:32 PM »

but NKOTB is right up there with graphic rape sex for me....  *blinks* I don't see the difference. LOL...   

I honestly don't care what story I get put with. ...  except for the visuals, slash visuals... lol
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2012, 03:09:49 PM »

Yeah, honestly me too but you know what I mean, right? I feel like my ears are violated every time I am forced to listen to them LOL

I mean NKOTB are douchbags but if I had to read a story with them as the main characters i'd read it (pretending they weren't them to get through it) but i'd read it. I couldn't do the same with slash or visuals though. I know I wouldn't be able to get through those.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2012, 03:12:21 PM »

I was thinking the same thing myself. Flat out visuals make me extremely uncomfortable. While straight up romances I just don't like, but I read it last year cause it was out of my comfort zone. The whole point of this is to challenge yourself.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9