Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49

Author Topic: Question of the Day - Part 4  (Read 120742 times)

myconfession

Re: Question of the Day - Part 4
« Reply #690 on: July 26, 2012, 05:03:40 PM »

I have a question which has probably been answered before but I can't remember.

Do your friends/family in real life know that you write fan fiction?

I've told my Mom... when I made a t-shirt for PJ night on the cruise, she didn't understand it. I tried to explain, but I think she forgets.

My friends at work know.... one of my best guy friends that I used to work with accidentally opened up MC one night when I left it logged in on my computer at work and read some. My cousin's daughter knows, who follows me on Twitter. She was saying how she dreamed of One Direction three nights in a row and I told her I used to do the same thing, which led me to write fan fiction.

I'm not really ashamed of it. *shrugs* If it weren't for getting involved in fan fiction, I would have never went back to college for English, which led me to do what I'm doing today.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #691 on: July 26, 2012, 05:04:33 PM »

My mom knows, but that's because of Julie lmao. Maybe she still has the photos. One year for Christmas she sent me a 00Carter - Drums doll she made lmfao. I loved it and it's beside my "Magic Turtle" on my computer desk. My mom saw it though once so then I had to explain everything, including the concept of fanfiction. She's the only one who knows though.

Everyone else just knows I write.

Very similar reason why I eventually told my sister. Mersey sent me a build a bear lion dressed in fishing gear and made me a fly fishing type card that referenced the story and had Kevin & Nick's picture on it. She was confused about why I would get something fishing related since I've never fished in my life lol so I finally spilled the beans.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #692 on: July 26, 2012, 05:07:29 PM »

aww a fishing build a bear!  OT I made my husband a cow from build a bear that was dressed like him... LOL
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #693 on: July 26, 2012, 05:08:08 PM »

Very similar reason why I eventually told my sister. Mersey sent me a build a bear lion dressed in fishing gear and made me a fly fishing type card that referenced the story and had Kevin & Nick's picture on it. She was confused about why I would get something fishing related since I've never fished in my life lol so I finally spilled the beans.

Awww that's so cute!
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #694 on: July 26, 2012, 05:11:26 PM »

LOL I've gotten questions like that over stuff I've gotten from online friends too, the stuff I don't hide.  I'm always just like, "Oh, it's an inside joke."  When I was writing the post-choppage part of Broken, I had a Ren & Stimpy icon on AIM because of the whole "Ren & Stumpy" joke, and my mom was chatting with me on there (while I was away at college) and asked about the icon, and I was just like, "Oh, don't you remember Ren & Stimpy?  I loved that show!"  So she bought me a Ren & Stimpy t-shirt for Christmas that year LOL.  I really did like that show... but maybe not THAT much LOL.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #695 on: July 26, 2012, 05:14:27 PM »

LOL I've gotten questions like that over stuff I've gotten from online friends too, the stuff I don't hide.  I'm always just like, "Oh, it's an inside joke."  When I was writing the post-choppage part of Broken, I had a Ren & Stimpy icon on AIM because of the whole "Ren & Stumpy" joke, and my mom was chatting with me on there (while I was away at college) and asked about the icon, and I was just like, "Oh, don't you remember Ren & Stimpy?  I loved that show!"  So she bought me a Ren & Stimpy t-shirt for Christmas that year LOL.  I really did like that show... but maybe not THAT much LOL.

The zombie doll got a few questions. But that I was able to fend off pretty quick lol. I just said I always loved zombies and that that love got renewed by Walking Dead.

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #696 on: July 26, 2012, 05:15:16 PM »

The zombie doll got a few questions. But that I was able to fend off pretty quick lol. I just said I always loved zombies and that that love got renewed by Walking Dead.

Same here LOL.  The good thing about me collecting random things now is that most weird things that came from online friends I can explain away that way.  The Broken Nick doll is the only thing I have that is really too specific to be random.  But the various severed legs and body parts I have, I keep in my random things display.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #697 on: July 26, 2012, 05:20:45 PM »

Same here LOL.  The good thing about me collecting random things now is that most weird things that came from online friends I can explain away that way.  The Broken Nick doll is the only thing I have that is really too specific to be random.  But the various severed legs and body parts I have, I keep in my random things display.

I love your random things collection. Definitely more epic in person.

It's okay I had to explain why I randomly got a giant zombie poster in the mail too when Jen sent one to each of us LOL. (Which is on my wall and I looooove it lol). Luckily for me though people aren't too put off when I get random things either unless (like the Drums doll) it's too specific.

Like no one was surprised then they saw the zombie finger puppets and pet shop make an appearance on my computer desk LMAO.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #698 on: July 26, 2012, 05:21:57 PM »

Leads to another question though

Have you ever gotten things from friends or collaborators that referenced directly back to one of your stories?

Other than the zombie things and the Drums doll... Dee did send me a stuffed rockhopper penguin, which referenced back to 00Carter.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #699 on: July 26, 2012, 05:25:44 PM »

I have no idea how to post a picture on here but I'll tweet it lol

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #700 on: July 26, 2012, 05:26:32 PM »

I love the broken Nick doll, hehehe.

I've never admitted to anyone that I write fanfics as they just wouldn't understand.  I admitted to a friend in work that I've written a few stories, but I didn't tell him what kind of stories, only that I'd written romance, horror and sci-fi :)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #701 on: July 26, 2012, 05:28:08 PM »

aww a fishing build a bear!  OT I made my husband a cow from build a bear that was dressed like him... LOL

Cute! I love build a bear! Kat have me a cat dressed like Nick one year. I have yet to actually get a bear lmao

My ex Jeremy gave me a cat wearing a hula skirt & coconut bra!

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #702 on: July 26, 2012, 05:29:02 PM »

Leads to another question though

Have you ever gotten things from friends or collaborators that referenced directly back to one of your stories?

Other than the zombie things and the Drums doll... Dee did send me a stuffed rockhopper penguin, which referenced back to 00Carter.

No, but it would be so cool! Imagine a Jordan doll with a half eaten brain? Awesome!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #703 on: July 26, 2012, 05:30:13 PM »

Besides Mers, nope never gotten a fanfic related gift lol but a lot of years the M's tended to always write stories for each others birthdays. :)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #704 on: July 26, 2012, 05:30:56 PM »

No, but it would be so cool! Imagine a Jordan doll with a half eaten brain? Awesome!

That would be pretty awesome! lol
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49