Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49

Author Topic: Question of the Day - Part 4  (Read 120565 times)

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
Re: Question of the Day - Part 4
« Reply #705 on: July 26, 2012, 05:31:54 PM »

Besides Mers, nope never gotten a fanfic related gift lol but a lot of years the M's tended to always write stories for each others birthdays. :)

I think I could change that for you!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #706 on: July 26, 2012, 05:35:18 PM »

I think I could change that for you!

Aww lol :)
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #707 on: July 26, 2012, 05:38:06 PM »

Have you ever gotten things from friends or collaborators that referenced directly back to one of your stories?

Besides Broken Nick doll, I've gotten a zombie doll from Rose that you can take the limbs off of (so it combines my favorite things, choppage and the undead LOL).  Rose also gave me a bracelet that says Zombie Hunter.  

I may be blanking on something, but other than that, I think most fanfic-related things I have are things I bought for myself! LOL  I have a plush sad panda that sits by my computer, a plush penguin and a penguin figurine that represent MJ in 00Carter, a Quatchi (Vancouver Olympics mascot) plush for 00Carter, a small collection of King Kong things that make me think of Broken, a collection of severed legs/feet that make me think of Broken, and a broccoli figurine with a face and arms and legs that reminds me of Veggie Boy in Code Blue.  Because I'm obsessed with my own stories LOL.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #708 on: July 26, 2012, 05:39:23 PM »

No, but it would be so cool! Imagine a Jordan doll with a half eaten brain? Awesome!

OMG, that would be amazing!! LOL
~Julie

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #709 on: July 26, 2012, 05:44:54 PM »

No, but it would be so cool! Imagine a Jordan doll with a half eaten brain? Awesome!

There used to be NKOTB dolls right? That could happen! LMAO. Someone creative needs to get on that.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #710 on: July 26, 2012, 05:45:19 PM »

We should all do a fanfic related secret Santa exchange lmao
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #711 on: July 26, 2012, 05:47:27 PM »

We should all do a fanfic related secret Santa exchange lmao

That would be fun!  Um, can I call Steph?  ;) LOL
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #712 on: July 26, 2012, 05:51:54 PM »

Lol yes!

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #713 on: July 26, 2012, 06:03:37 PM »

~Julie

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #714 on: July 26, 2012, 06:27:59 PM »

There was a whole long train of thought that brought this question into my head yesterday after our chatty conversation, but I thought I'd wait for a lull to post it.  So here it is!

I was thinking yesterday about how we all like to write different things and the reasons I like to write what I do, and I came to the conclusion that there are three types of fanfic writers:

1. Writers who write about things they wish would happen, or their greatest fantasies.

2. Writers who write about things they hope never happen, or their worst nightmares.

3. Writers who write about things that really did happen, either in the Boys' lives or their own lives.

I'm sure most of us do all three, to some extent, but which category would you say you fall into most of the time?

I missed a lot of chatter in here today, I'll try to get caught up.

I think it's a mixture of all three, but probably the last one the most. I've taken elements from my own life and turned them into a plotline for my Nick romance stories, and of course most of my one-shot stories and Running Up That Hill are based on the boys real lives. As far as writing about things I wish would never happen, I do write about those things on occasion, but they tend to upset me.

I guess some of my romance stuff could be classified as fantasies, but a lot of the emotional trauma I put my characters through is either something I've gone through in my own life, or someone I know has gone through. That being said I've written the classic "Nick falls in love with a fan" story, and of course that's a fantasy. Obviously I wish that would happen.

~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #715 on: July 26, 2012, 06:32:17 PM »

I have a question which has probably been answered before but I can't remember.

Do your friends/family in real life know that you write fan fiction?

My family sort of knows, but I don't think they really get what it is.

I have one close friend here who also writes fan fic and sometimes we have writing days. She doesn't write real person fiction, but sometimes it's nice to just take over my place or hers with our laptops and get a bunch of writing done. I've gotten a lot accomplished on those writing days!

My work friends no way I would ever tell them! I couple of them follow me on twitter, so they have probably figured it out, but no one has ever said anything about it to me or asked me what all my writing talk was about.
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #716 on: July 26, 2012, 06:45:38 PM »

I have never received anything fanfic related, I did get a pair of purple lips from someone but I can't remember who or where it is. 

Mare, I did make a bear when I was in school for teaching I made my classroom bear, he's now in a box since he doesn't get to guard my classroom.
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #717 on: July 26, 2012, 06:54:32 PM »

I don't think I've ever received anything fanfic related, but I don't think I've ever written anything that merits a wacky gift either, lol.
~Saka ♥

- Rainbow Rowell

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #718 on: July 26, 2012, 07:05:43 PM »

^ me either Steph, don't think I have anything that a crazy gift could be given. I know I'm on the 00Carter "staff" but I don't think my contributions have been as epic as others
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #719 on: July 26, 2012, 07:10:15 PM »

^ me either Steph, don't think I have anything that a crazy gift could be given. I know I'm on the 00Carter "staff" but I don't think my contributions have been as epic as others

The Drums doll was just cause Rose and I did a Christmas gift exchange that year.  I like the idea of a fanfic secret santa thing with a bunch of us though!
~Julie

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49