Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18

Author Topic: The AC confessional  (Read 45948 times)

usako

Re: The AC confessional
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2013, 02:54:45 AM »

LMFAO Yes, yes it is.

Freaks unite!

:wave:

We need to create our own Fan Club.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2013, 03:10:21 AM »

We need to create our own Fan Club.

LOL Yes, yes we do.  We need some sort of official title.  Like my avatar, but for all of us who love to hurt and torture and maim our favorite Backstreet Boys.

Angstoholics Anonymous?
The Sad Panda Society?
Drama Queens?  (or Medical Drama Queens?)

Any ideas?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 03:13:10 AM by RokofAges75 »
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

usako

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2013, 03:15:26 AM »

LOL Yes, yes we do.  We need some sort of official title.  Like my avatar, but for all of us who love to hurt and torture and maim our favorite Backstreet Boys.

Angstoholics Anonymous?
The Sad Panda Society?
Drama Queens?  (or Medical Drama Queens?)

Any ideas?

I love "Angstoholics Anonymous".
Mh... "The Angst Panda Society"?
"In Angst We Trust"?

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2013, 03:17:35 AM »

"In Angst We Trust" would be a great motto for our club! LOL
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2013, 03:20:59 AM »

I just started a new thread so we can stop hijacking this one and take our torture talk elsewhere LOL.
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2013, 05:01:29 AM »

I think Nick is the most popular because he is the youngest and closest in age to most of the fans so they felt like they had the best chance with him out of all of them. There's always one in every group, for BSB it's Nick. And you're right, the overly zealous fans of his ruin it for everyone else but I think it's like that for all the boys too! It's always the crazies I take issue with over the actual boy most of the time! Just took me awhile to figure that out! LOL

~ When I first became a fan, I always felt pressured to pick a favorite since everyone always asked. I started saying Nick because everyone else loved him. I knew nothing about them at the time but I never felt totally attracted to any of the boys. I actually fell in love with their music first and then their personalities. It wasn't until I did get to know them that I figured out that Kevin was my favorite. I do think three of them are very nice to look at but I have never been drawn to them for their looks. 

~ I could care less about any of their solo careers. I never bought any of their solo albums and still to this day have not listened to a single track on any of their solo CDs (unless forced to at a concert) besides Nick.

~ If BSB were not famous and all went to my high school, I am SURE Howie would have been in my click of friends.

~ I roll my eyes whenever the boys try to sell us something outrageously high price-wise (which is just about everything these days!) and fans no matter what still buy them out of blind love lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2013, 05:06:17 AM »

Kevin, Nick... who's the third you find nice to look at, Mare?

They have been more ridiculous than ever with the merchandise and various packages this year!
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2013, 05:07:35 AM »

Forgot this one!

~ Even though I have done my fair share of torturing the boys, I don't like to read them being tortured physically. I tend to skip those parts of a story or stay away entirely. Never read a single story of the death or the revenge stories because of that.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2013, 05:09:50 AM »

Kevin, Nick... who's the third you find nice to look at, Mare?

They have been more ridiculous than ever with the merchandise and various packages this year!

Howie! :)

Tell me about it $50 for that CD because of a poster and something handwritten? I get why, because they are funding most of this themselves but their prices overall are ridiculous and I know it's in part because they seethe fans are willing to pay! LOL

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2013, 05:33:15 AM »

Forgot this one!

~ Even though I have done my fair share of torturing the boys, I don't like to read them being tortured physically. I tend to skip those parts of a story or stay away entirely. Never read a single story of the death or the revenge stories because of that.

That made me think of another question for the other thread!
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2013, 05:36:13 AM »

That made me think of another question for the other thread!

Woot! lol

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2013, 06:14:56 AM »

~Usually it takes many recommendation s from people I know for me to touch a romance. That or a very unique summary. Otherwise I skip right over them because I always tune out. It's probably a little snobbish but it's true. Hell, the reason I read "Not Your Average Cinderella Story" is because Julie, Sarah, etc. ALL recommended it. Like I am openminded but not enough to click without some majorly insane prompting. (I didn't even click on Mare's!)

~I don't think I could ever write a Howie centered story beyond oneshots. Same with Kevin. I'm not even sure with AJ though I get ideas for him the way I do him and Brian. I don't know why, well no I do for Howie. Kevin I love to write in fics but apparently he can't be the center unless it involves his brotherly bond with Nick.

~I don't think I could ever write a BSB fanfic (beyond a oneshot) without Nick being a central part of it. Even the Brian fic I had needed to involve Nick somehow. I couldn't help it.

~My original favorite wasn't Nick. It was Brian because it was based purely on voice. Nick came into play early on but the two tied only when personalities and looks became a factor. Ironic since I honestly believe Nick's the best singer currently in the group.

~I feel like twitter and the voice problems is mainly why I have a hard time writing Brian now.

~I've done three blatant self inserts during my fanfic career, one of which is a collab and is the earliest of my fics that's not deleted from the net.

~While I'm a bit into like real life slash (ie: when my cousin and his husband take me to a gay bar, two gorgeous guys making out is hot) I can't get into it in fanfic because it's too big a stretch and too OOC for me.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2013, 06:19:55 AM »

~Usually it takes many recommendation s from people I know for me to touch a romance. That or a very unique summary. Otherwise I skip right over them because I always tune out. It's probably a little snobbish but it's true. Hell, the reason I read "Not Your Average Cinderella Story" is because Julie, Sarah, etc. ALL recommended it. Like I am openminded but not enough to click without some majorly insane prompting. (I didn't even click on Mare's!)

~I don't think I could ever write a Howie centered story beyond oneshots. Same with Kevin. I'm not even sure with AJ though I get ideas for him the way I do him and Brian. I don't know why, well no I do for Howie. Kevin I love to write in fics but apparently he can't be the center unless it involves his brotherly bond with Nick.

~I don't think I could ever write a BSB fanfic (beyond a oneshot) without Nick being a central part of it. Even the Brian fic I had needed to involve Nick somehow. I couldn't help it.

~My original favorite wasn't Nick. It was Brian because it was based purely on voice. Nick came into play early on but the two tied only when personalities and looks became a factor. Ironic since I honestly believe Nick's the best singer currently in the group.

~I feel like twitter and the voice problems is mainly why I have a hard time writing Brian now.

~I've done three blatant self inserts during my fanfic career, one of which is a collab and is the earliest of my fics that's not deleted from the net.

~While I'm a bit into like real life slash (ie: when my cousin and his husband take me to a gay bar, two gorgeous guys making out is hot) I can't get into it in fanfic because it's too big a stretch and too OOC for me.

Wait a minute! None of those people recommended it to you! You ALL suck!! lmao

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2013, 06:20:35 AM »

I agree, Nick's sounding better than ever these days!  Really, though, with the exception of one (we don't need to name names), they're all sounding amazing!  I'm impressed with how well AJ's voice has held up over the years, considering how long he's been smoking.  Howie is always right on when they sing live.  And Kevin's voice is like a breath of fresh air now that he's back!  I'm not a huge fan of Permanent Stain overall, but his solo gives me goosebumps, it's so gorgeous!
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2013, 06:21:17 AM »

Hey Rose, you should read Mare's romance; it's really good!

;)

(No seriously, it is, and it has that Mare touch that will make you appreciate it even if you don't like romance.)
~Julie

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18