Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18

Author Topic: The AC confessional  (Read 46123 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: The AC confessional
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2013, 06:22:36 AM »

LMAO now that's better!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2013, 06:32:00 AM »

LMAO I need to write first, read later.

Then I'll read both of your totally beyond comfort zone stories. :P
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2013, 03:29:23 PM »

I didn't really look at Nick until about 2005, Kevin was my favourite when it came to looks.  Now I have to say that Nick is my favourite in looks and voice (although I also love AJ's voice).

When I first joined here, I read just about everything on the most recent page, even if I didn't like it much.

Brian is my least favourite boy and has been since before the voice trouble.  I don't know why, but I find him a bit annoying at times.

I'm always saying I don't like slash, but then I read Julie's Nick/Howie one and loved it!

I've self-inserted on a few stories, both BSB and Take That.

I don't read much these days since I can't read in work anymore :(

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2013, 03:49:50 PM »

-Even during Nick's dark period, he was still my favourite high above the other boys. He will always be my favourite. I say that pretty confidently, because I don't think he can do much worse than dating Paris Hilton.

-I hated This Is Us so much when it came out that my fandom pretty much died during that period. I went to see them in concert when they came to my city, and I was lucky enough to get front row seats. But on the way to the concert I mentioned to my friend "It'll be nice to sit front row for what used to be my favourite band." I felt better about them after that concert because obvs BSB are fantastic performers, but NKOTBSB is what really got me back into the fandom.

-I used to exclusively write self-insert fic. I even wrote it in 2007 when I was 21 and it wasn't until I saw how frowned upon it was on here that I started creating my own original characters. I just thought that self-insert was what BSB fanfic was! LOL

-When I was 11-13 I legitimately thought I was going to marry Nick. There was no doubt in my mind.
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2013, 04:02:13 PM »

I didn't really like a lot of the songs on This Is Us, it's my least played BSB cd.

Steph, I was still writing self-inserts in my 30s LOL! My story Ten Things (which I wrote about three years ago) had the main character called Steph, which is weird really because AJ is the opposite of the kind of man I'd go for, and I'm nothing like the character I wrote (from what I remember writing).

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2013, 04:12:04 PM »

Here are some of my writing ones!

~ I like to name my chapters after other people's stories, my older stories and inside jokes just for fun to see if anyone notices. I do that within the actual chapters as well. lol

~ I always make sure I incorporate the name of the story into the story at some point, more than once if I can.

~ While writing "Fly Fishing" for some reason whenever I pictured Nick and Kevin I always saw them in cartoon form! lol that's a weird one.

~ I stole the name Chub Chub from the "Simpsons"

~I tend to name my original characters after people I know so this way I will remember their names! It doesn't always work though.  

~ I think Leighanne is a richer, less white trash version of Jane Carter and have a very hard time writing her in any other way!

~ Even though I can't relate to AJ much in real life, I have the most fun writing him.

~ After my first few stories, I would get emails constantly asking me if I was Nick or knew him. lol That still cracks me up.

~ One of my most well received fics that appears to be well thought out was actually written by the seat of my pants improv style and I sometimes came up with the next move just based on what people were guessing. If they guessed one way, I went the other direction purposely and I will NOT say which one it was! LOL

~ Still to this day when I see a new review for a story, I get all tingly inside.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 04:19:48 PM by mare »
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2013, 04:17:20 PM »

I don't think I listened to This Is Us all the way through except the first time I got it. Same with Unbreakable but at least that one, there are a bunch of songs I do like a lot.

I'm glad you learned that BSB is not all about self inserts, Steph! LOL It kind of scares me that there might be people out there that still think that!

Which leads me to yet another one:

~ Sometimes I am embarrassed by some of the stories I see posted for fear that everyone will think all BSB fanfic is just like those stories!

~ I feel the same way about some of the crazy fans! lol

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2013, 04:20:06 PM »

I had a tough time thinking of something to say here but ... here goes!

~ I'm terrible at keeping up with things. I NEVER read books, I rarely ever read fanfic, keep up with the forum, watch TV.... anything that requires me to remember that I need to go back to it pretty much gets ignored. It's particularly bad with writing though. I can sit down and write and be totally happy with what I wrote, walk away and forget what the plot even was and basically end up with a bunch of chapters that go nowhere.

~ I sometimes wish I wasn't a BSB fan because I'm embarrassed by the way a large chunk of the fandom acts. (Not you guys, of course)

~ The only person who is not a close friend or someone I met through AC that I have told about this site and the role I play in it is Nick. That's weird.

~ I am the anti-Kevin. I dislike Kevin so much I don't even look at him in photos because I can't stand his face. I was overjoyed when he quit and I'm actually disappointed that he will be in my group pic on the cruise.

~ I've never written a self-insert.

~ The very first fanfic I wrote was actually recorded onto a Fisher Price tape recorder (you know the one) and was a "spooky" NKOTB Halloween tale that I created for my sister and her friend.
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2013, 04:20:31 PM »

I don't think I listened to This Is Us all the way through except the first time I got it. Same with Unbreakable but at least that one, there are a bunch of songs I do like a lot.

I'm glad you learned that BSB is not all about self inserts, Steph! LOL It kind of scares me that there might be people out there that still think that!

Which leads me to yet another one:

~ Sometimes I am embarrassed by some of the stories I see posted for fear that everyone will think all BSB fanfic is just like those stories!

Get outta my head! lol
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2013, 04:22:12 PM »

Get outta my head! lol

I wish I could! It's scary in there! LOL

usako

« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2013, 04:28:27 PM »

Agree. LOL

- I don't hate "This Is Us". It's the album where there is one of my favorite songs ever, "Shattered".

- I don't hate Leighanne. Yes, this is really a confession. lol And I have a really hard time writing her as the bad one, though she has to be givin that she's an obstacle between Brian and Nick.

- I've wrote a story where Brian was a hooker.

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2013, 04:32:43 PM »

- I've wrote a story where Brian was a hooker.

I've written a story where Nick is a hooker.

#TeamHooker
~Maple Jellybean~

usako

« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2013, 04:35:48 PM »

I've written a story where Nick is a hooker.

#TeamHooker

:wave:

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2013, 04:53:46 PM »

Here's a big confession...I actually enjoyed watching House of Carters *cringes*

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #44 on: July 14, 2013, 04:56:03 PM »

LOL That is a big one, Steph!

My sister and I got into a HUGE argument because of a House of Carters episode once. I think it was the creepy one where Nick disappears and Bob shows up. I don't even remember why we started fighting but it was pretty bad! LOL
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18