Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Anybody feel like...  (Read 12154 times)

Ellebeth

• Fledgling
Anybody feel like...
« on: August 04, 2013, 11:12:30 AM »

...their creative juices get super stoked after seeing BSB live? I haven't written much at all lately (hence my absence from these boards), but I went to the show in St. Louis last night -- my first BSB show, AND IT WAS AWESOME -- and couldn't stop thinking about the last story I worked on, even during the show. Is that weird?

I did still totally love the show & find a new appreciation for some old songs I honestly hadn't even thought about in years, not to mention some tracks on the new album that I didn't really enjoy the first time I heard them. I guess it was just surreal finally seeing a group I loved for so long & have devoted so much creative juice to. Hard to separate the guys from my writing anymore when the guys have been so good for my writing...

And yes, I am working on that story again today. I couldn't wait to get up this morning & start writing!

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
Re: Anybody feel like...
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 11:31:32 AM »

I totally understand! After I saw Nick in Montreal a couple years ago (wow I can't believe it has been that long) I was a writing machine! I hadn't written anything in nearly a year and after that I managed to churn out eight new chapters in under a week, lol.
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2013, 12:26:11 PM »

I admit this album has sparked something in me! dare I say I have almost written one chapter of a potential something when I thought I would never write anything again.

Keeping the momentum going is the tough part!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2013, 12:42:57 PM »

I havent seen the boys since Mixtape, hadn't written anything new since last September. I did the fairy tale challenge but now I am working on this new story and I think the new album has really inspired me :)i wrote almost three chapters so far and I am super excited.

usako

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2013, 12:49:30 PM »

Before going to the TIU concert, I hadn't written for almost three/four years because of university. After seeing them live and finding the whole fiction fandom, I've started to write and it's been three years without a break.

Actually, I'm thinking about selling my story ideas because I've too many. LOL Maybe I can send them to Nick for his movies. LOL

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2013, 03:39:19 PM »

I do think it helps the inspiration when you see them live or hear new music.  I just hope my inspiration hurries up and returns :)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2013, 04:27:52 PM »

Aww, you were in St. Louis, Ellebeth?  Me too!!  It was a great show!  Such a good one to be your first!  I've met a lot of people in the last couple of days who said it was their first BSB show!  I love that!!

As far as your question goes... for me, it honestly depends on what I'm writing.  If I'm writing depressing, angsty stuff (and I usually am), seeing them in concert doesn't usually help - in fact, it kinda kills my writing mood because how can I torture them after seeing them so happy and healthy and intact?  It's hard!!!  Like right now, I am on such a Kevin high from this weekend that there is no way I would be able to go and write a scene about him in Guilty Roads, where he's currently in a vegetative state from being shot in the head LOL.  Hell no, not happening!  But if I had a happy, bromantic story going on (and I don't), the post-concert high would probably help inspire me.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2013, 11:37:20 PM »

After TIU I had a few new story ideas and the next day when I went to write my computer crashed and I was without one for the months 'till I stole my husband's.  By then the original story idea Ihad was gone but I still had some creative juices. 
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2013, 03:37:15 AM »

I woke up feeling that 'urge' to write this morning. I'm pretty sure the only reason for that is all this BSB stuff going on so I'm starting on a chapter two of a brand new suspense/action adventure story that would have never been a thought in my head except for this tour and album stuff!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2013, 05:03:21 AM »

Same here Mare :) posted two chapters of my new one and working on a third. Cooking forward to yours!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2013, 06:25:57 AM »

I'm cooking forward to yours too! LMAO sorry I couldn't resist!

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2013, 10:55:26 AM »

Yay!  Loving all the bursts of inspiration on the board!  Except for the fairy tale challenge, it seems like it's been a slow year as far as writing goes, with a lot of people in slumps.  I hope all this BSB love helps get everyone going again!
~Julie

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2013, 03:30:37 PM »

I'm cooking forward to yours too! LMAO sorry I couldn't resist!
[/quote

Omg lmao that was my stupid autocorrect :p]

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2013, 04:20:53 PM »

I know! LOL that's what made it so funny! Gotta love auto-correct!

In other news, I just finished my second chapter! That's two chapters in two days! Woot!

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2013, 06:36:06 PM »

Woot!  I need to jump on this inspiration train; I'm running out of time to write before school starts!
~Julie

Pages: [1] 2 3 4