Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: Those were the days!  (Read 28745 times)

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
Re: Those were the days!
« Reply #105 on: July 29, 2014, 02:28:27 AM »

I am great it's great to see you again Reb!!!

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
  • I have no idea what I'm getting myself into
« Reply #106 on: July 29, 2014, 04:10:29 AM »

I am great it's great to see you again Reb!!!

That's good to hear! :) And it's great to see you all again too!! :D
"Stories are often the lives we wish we could live."
~Me

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #107 on: July 29, 2014, 05:46:49 AM »

HIIII!!! I should be in bed but I got intrigued by Doc and Rose talking about this..lol 

There's so much I could say but I'll keep most to myself about Nick and Brian's relationship.. .but I can see that they are closer now than they have been in a while. But the bond between Nick and Howie for the last few years, even stemming back to UB when they all broke off into pairs to do the radio interviews, I think is where it started.  Honestly..they are my new Frick and Frack..lol I'm so Team Nowie!  I LOVE when those two are together!  And I think a lot goes to say that Howie was the ONLY BSBer to actually be IN Nick's wedding.  Nick talked about it somewhere (I can't remember where now) about how he was talking to him about Lauren..how he was afraid of loosing her and was thinking about asking her to marry him and Howie was all supportive of him.  Howie also did the Foreward in Nick's book and also sent a video message to him when he launched it on Dr. Phil.   

I agree. I think Nick and Howie are extremely tight! It's funny in one of these threads somewhere I asked about how people perceive all their relationships to one another because it seemed to me all the die hard Brian fans still see Nick and Brian as closest but even in their hey day as Frick and Frack I always felt like the relationship was a bit one sided. Not to say Brian didn't and still does love Nick, but Nick adores Brian. That's always been apparent.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #108 on: July 29, 2014, 05:55:19 AM »

I loved waking up to see new posts! LOL

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #109 on: July 29, 2014, 05:57:17 AM »

I agree. I think Nick and Howie are extremely tight! It's funny in one of these threads somewhere I asked about how people perceive all their relationships to one another because it seemed to me all the die hard Brian fans still see Nick and Brian as closest but even in their hey day as Frick and Frack I always felt like the relationship was a bit one sided. Not to say Brian didn't and still does love Nick, but Nick adores Brian. That's always been apparent.

Seems like you hit the nail on the head with describing Brian and Nick's relationship. It's interesting how the dynamic has shifted a bit, because it gives writers new bonds to write or describe. It'll be interesting to read Nick and Howie's brolationship, AJ and Brian's brolationship, and Kevin assuming the father position again, lol.
~Me

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #110 on: July 29, 2014, 06:03:07 AM »

I just have to say, I couldn't stop watching this video over and over, lmao. Totally loved how they were all picking on AJ, and AJ was all like "Alright guys, lets do this shit before I change my mind!" lmao.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2l-aXOgXRM8

Speaking of which, I was also watching the video of them impersonating each other, another one I couldn't help than to watch over and over and laugh my ass off at, lol. With Kevin impersonating AJ and saying how he always has a sideways glance when he performs, and AJ saying he always did that, he wasn't sure why and Howie just quipped in with "Because he wants our attention." I hadn't noticed it until they mentioned that, and I thought that was so cute because we know AJ seeks attention, but his gesture also seems like it's more than just attention seeking, but rather seeking approval as well from his fellow bandmates; like "hey guys, I'm doing this right?" or "I don't want to miss a cue", or "am I sounding off?". Idk, maybe that's just what I got out of seeing it, lol.
~Me

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #111 on: July 29, 2014, 06:05:42 AM »

LOL I don't know if you're right Reb but that's a really cute thought.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #112 on: July 29, 2014, 06:23:41 AM »

Yeah, it's cute to think that way. LOL

I still love the fact that Nick always tries to poison the guy. lmao and everyone including AJ seem fine with it.

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #113 on: July 29, 2014, 06:26:24 AM »

LOL I don't know if you're right Reb but that's a really cute thought.

LMAO!! Idk, its what his look kinda looked like to me, hahahaha.

So, aside from Rose and Jen, we were talking over at TDS about the "old school fanfic" methods and what they entailed of. What was your guys' favorite "old school fanfic" method/plot to read? Do you guys think there were more of those kind of plots back then versus now; if so, why do you think that is? I was wondering if this should go in the "questions to ponder" thread, but I feel its relevant to this "those were the days" theme, lol.
~Me

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #114 on: July 29, 2014, 06:27:25 AM »

Yeah, it's cute to think that way. LOL

I still love the fact that Nick always tries to poison the guy. lmao and everyone including AJ seem fine with it.

Wait, who is Nick trying to poison? Lol.
~Me

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #115 on: July 29, 2014, 06:41:35 AM »

I was just about to say you should post that in the questions thread. lol

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #116 on: July 29, 2014, 06:43:47 AM »

Wait, who is Nick trying to poison? Lol.

In one of those videos from a sound check they talked about playing pranks on each other and apparently Nick put Niacin in AJ's coffee and also Visine in AJ's water. The best part was just AJ's reaction like "Oh doodee doodee doodee...he got me again..." LOL Then he said His wife knew about it but wanted to see how it all played out!

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #117 on: July 29, 2014, 07:23:20 AM »

In one of those videos from a sound check they talked about playing pranks on each other and apparently Nick put Niacin in AJ's coffee and also Visine in AJ's water. The best part was just AJ's reaction like "Oh doodee doodee doodee...he got me again..." LOL Then he said His wife knew about it but wanted to see how it all played out!

I gotta see that! Lol.
~Me

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #118 on: July 29, 2014, 07:25:47 AM »

It's posted over at TDS in that questions thread. I think it's one of the last pages.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #119 on: July 29, 2014, 07:37:16 AM »

LMAO!! Idk, its what his look kinda looked like to me, hahahaha.

So, aside from Rose and Jen, we were talking over at TDS about the "old school fanfic" methods and what they entailed of. What was your guys' favorite "old school fanfic" method/plot to read? Do you guys think there were more of those kind of plots back then versus now; if so, why do you think that is? I was wondering if this should go in the "questions to ponder" thread, but I feel its relevant to this "those were the days" theme, lol.

When I think old school, I generally also equate that with fics that portray them when they were younger but that's not always the case. Just that the newer stories it's hard to really do the bromance justice because of all the wives and kids. But to me that's what old school is, more focus on their relationships to each other and how together they deal with harsh circumstances like crashes, Kidnappings, earthquakes, fires, etc...

There seems to be less of that going on these days and I really do think it's just because they have a lot more going on in terms of families and growing up in general. It is hard to keep coming up with new and creative ways to explain the absence of the misc. family members. I keep them out as much as possible, but even I have had to incorporate scene with them in there to make things believable. For instance, in Hope, there was no way the guys could have gone missing that long and not have the wives just be a bit curious to wonder where they were or have them show up at the hospital after being found. I think it's just in how much emphasis is put on that.

The guys being in a bus crash = old school

Just one of the guys and his family in a bus crash = boring and new school. LOL

A wife being in a crash and the guys all come together and help cope with what happened = old school (but not something I'd read. lol)

Just a wife being in a crash and seeing him deal with it alone with just his family = who cares? new school LOL

To sum up - Old school is awesome! New school is not! lmao
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9