Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: Those were the days!  (Read 28767 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: Those were the days!
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2014, 06:23:33 PM »

LOL Brian's Winter? Never heard of that one.

Was that Bobbi? Walking in the Clouds? There was also a Bronwyn too. I want to say that was hers as well?

I just remember at that time everyone had Angelfire sites and the pop up ads on those things were horrendous. lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2014, 07:35:31 PM »

This is making me want to check out the old_archive account again LOL I wish I had been allowed to continue that before Geocities shut 'er down.
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2014, 07:37:01 PM »

There was a girl who had a site called Coldfire too with a story I loved where Nick mysteriously went missing. And another based off of Lord of the Rings.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2014, 07:37:58 PM »

Oocities works like web archives on a lot of the old geocities sites

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2014, 07:42:48 PM »

Oocities works like web archives on a lot of the old geocities sites

I don't remember what any of the sites I used to visit were anymore! Waybackmachine has a lot of them too. I used that a lot when I was archiving stuff a couple years ago.
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2014, 07:52:28 PM »

is Bauhaus still around? Even if their links don't work it could be something to archive.

Cause I can't remember a lot of the sites either LOL. 

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2014, 07:57:14 PM »

I remember Bauhaus. I think it still might be. There was another one as well but I can't for the life of me remember what it was called. It was like a parallel universe version of AC. I used to post on there too! As well as Mersey and Reb...AH it's going to drive me crazy now. I think it started with a C?

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2014, 07:58:54 PM »

is Bauhaus still around? Even if their links don't work it could be something to archive.

Cause I can't remember a lot of the sites either LOL. 

Yup, sure is! They have a lot saved directly on their site for download, too.
~Maple Jellybean~

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2014, 07:59:04 PM »

I'm so glad we got some of those classics posted. No Eboni though or Jennifer or Mersey.

I am still so annoyed that she never posted Finding Brotherhood on this site. I kept telling her to post it but she never did. lol I loved that story!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2014, 08:01:15 PM »

There was a girl who had a site called Coldfire too with a story I loved where Nick mysteriously went missing. And another based off of Lord of the Rings.

Nick goes mysteriously missing a lot that guy. He needs a leash! LOL

There was one I was reading on ffnet involving Nick being kidnapped and put in a cage and I think AJ was there too? I was never able to find it ever again to the point that I think maybe I made it up in me head or something.

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2014, 08:11:19 PM »

I'm so glad we got some of those classics posted. No Eboni though or Jennifer or Mersey.

I am still so annoyed that she never posted Finding Brotherhood on this site. I kept telling her to post it but she never did. lol I loved that story!

I was in the middle of saving Eboni's stuff when I got shut down lol I still have it though.
~Maple Jellybean~

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2014, 08:20:51 PM »

Aww dang! We had so many people who wanted to vote her into the top ten but she didn't have any stories on the site. lol

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2014, 09:35:14 PM »

I have her site webarchived if you guys want.

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2014, 11:34:26 PM »

Tracy, I had no idea you had been around for so long as well. Who knew there were so many of us still doing this!

I went by Supergirl64 back in my ff. Net days.... I miss that site. I read a bunch on there but can't remember who wrote them or the names of the stories now.

Carter

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2014, 01:09:05 AM »

I will be 30 this year...and i think i have been writing for 12yrs hell i cant remember but i was around 14 i think. Before backstreet i was really into Hanson...and i wrote a fic i think...wasnt very good of course didnt even post it anywhere lol...but i think around millennium or just a bit before i started my first bsb fic. I dont remember what it was about..been too long lol. I dont thinkbi had an accountt on ff.net but i remember reading my confession.net i think its kinda cloudy tbh.

I remember bsb blvd and read some stuff there i had my own website for awhile walk on water fan fiction was the name...all my stories were posted there until i discoverdd ac and closed my site down....and also my ex hated me writing these kinds of stories anyway.

Long story short i took a break for awhile got together with Art had to re learn everything again and just now starting to finally read some good fics again.

(Sorry for he rambling!!)

~Carter~
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9