Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: Those were the days!  (Read 28684 times)

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
Re: Those were the days!
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2014, 01:21:23 AM »

My ffnet days I actually used a sn instead of just my first name the way I do now. AngelofDarknes s lmao, I blame it on the fact I was just a teen who wanted to be all dramatic.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2014, 01:34:38 AM »

Looking back I always loved the Nick being in mortal peril type stuff. Funny how that is still the case.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2014, 02:16:34 AM »

Nick torture never gets old, that's why lol.

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2014, 03:34:23 AM »

It really doesn't come to think of it LOL 

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2014, 03:56:47 AM »

It's funny that even when people were kids, they still liked to torture the poor kid. LOL

There more suspense/action stories back then than there are now too which is why I think I got into reading, personally.

I'm pretty sure I have always gone by Mare. I don't ever really remember people's SN's unless they use their real names.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2014, 04:15:58 AM »

Lol but it's so much fun!

There was a lot more variety back then too.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2014, 04:26:18 AM »

Yes, there really was. I felt like there was always something new to read. I remember spending a lot of time just reading and catching up on stories that were being updated. Now they are few and very far between.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2014, 04:31:46 AM »

I will be 30 this year...and i think i have been writing for 12yrs hell i cant remember but i was around 14 i think. Before backstreet i was really into Hanson...and i wrote a fic i think...wasnt very good of course didnt even post it anywhere lol...but i think around millennium or just a bit before i started my first bsb fic. I dont remember what it was about..been too long lol. I dont thinkbi had an accountt on ff.net but i remember reading my confession.net i think its kinda cloudy tbh.

I remember bsb blvd and read some stuff there i had my own website for awhile walk on water fan fiction was the name...all my stories were posted there until i discoverdd ac and closed my site down....and also my ex hated me writing these kinds of stories anyway.

Long story short i took a break for awhile got together with Art had to re learn everything again and just now starting to finally read some good fics again.

(Sorry for he rambling!!)

I think I remember your site as well. Walk on Water sounds familiar. I wonder how we all managed to find all these sites back in the day? I know My Confession is still around and doing well. Besides Karah's, Julie's Dreamer's Sanctuary is the only other one I can think of that are still thriving and independent sites for BSB fanfic. I'm sure I'm wrong. There has to be more, but those are the only two I can think of.

I had Brain Candy for quite a while but once I became a mod at AC I decided to shut it down. It made no sense to have them both going at the same time when everyone was reading my stuff over here anyway. I sometimes do miss it though.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2014, 04:34:25 AM »

Rose, I'd love the link to Eboni's stories. I've never really been a fan of reading anything more than once, unless I love love LOVED it! but it's been so long since I've read anything by her, I would be refreshing. I love going back and reading the classics.

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2014, 05:06:18 AM »

She was on angelfire not geocities so her stuff is still online!

http://www.angelfire.com/oh/onesmartgirl/fanfiction/eboni.html
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2014, 05:15:33 AM »

I didn't know that existed LOL.

I have her other site archived http://web.archive.org/web/20030924071202/bewaretheenchanted.homestead.com/Welcomeindex.html

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2014, 05:55:46 AM »

I didn't either! I only knew about her enchanted site. LOL

Carter

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2014, 09:55:17 AM »

I was always Carter....i will use that name until i die lol. I was such a huge fan when i was a teen and loved Nick dearly (still do lol) that they started calling me Carter and it stuck..some people still call me it but not as muh lol. I just use it for sn now ;) ooo i just rememberd a name i used to usr too....iLikeNi ckzButt lol....that man has one of the nicest asses i have ever seen;)

And i think there was another walk on watrr site besides mine. I cant remember though. And i remember bauhas as well..man its been a while since i have thought about old stories.
~Carter~

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2014, 09:51:48 PM »

It's amazing I haven't posted in this thread yet!  I've been working on a huge case study for one of my summer classes this week, so I've tried not to let myself get sucked into anything too distracting online.

But now that that's turned in... bring on the nostalgia!

I've been reading fanfic since the summer of 1999...  I don't know exactly when in summer I found my first one, but my fifteenth fanfic anniversary should be anytime now!  I spent much of that summer completely OBSESSED with reading fanfic, which led to many frustrating fights with my mother over my wanting to tie up the phone line for hours at a time while I was on dial-up or waste printer paper and ink printing stories out.  I ended up copy/pasting stories chapter by chapter and saving them to good old-fashioned floppy disks to read on my computer in my room, which did not have internet.

I started writing sometime in late 99 or early 2000, but I didn't get my first finished story hosted online until February 2000.  After being hosted for a couple of months and writing a few more stories, I started my own site in April of that year.  Still have it, too!  I also posted on fanfic.net for a brief time before they got read of RP fanfic.  I associate ff.net more with Harry Potter fanfic, though; I don't remember reading a lot of BSB fics on it.

My two favorite authors back in the day (pre-2003) were Whitney (Where Can We Go From Here, Nowhere to Run) and Jenna (Trapped, Swollen Issues, Nick and Lizz).  Whitney stopped writing a long time ago, but Jenna is still one of my favorites.  There actually weren't many other authors I remember reading multiple stories by, unless they were my friends; I read a lot of stories by a lot of different people.  That was back in the days of sites that hosted a lot of stories, so you could find a lot of different authors on the same site, much like AC today.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2014, 09:57:34 PM »

Do you guys remember which sites you used to post your stories on after ffnet closed down? Where you were hosted?

That's how I met Julie :) She started hosting me on her site. I was also hosted on Izzy's site and I think that girl Bria you were talking about Rose. LOL although I'm not sure. My stories were randomly popping up on other's peoples sites as well that I had no idea about. 

Before I started my site, I was hosted on at least a couple of sites, one called Escape from Reality and another called Starlight Catcher's Fanfic Page (something like that), which was run by my friend Heidi, who was actually the first person to give me feedback, ever, and thus became my first online friend and eventual collaborator.  I think I had (still have, maybe?) stories hosted on other sites later, but that was if they asked me, instead of me asking them.  Once I had my own site, I didn't worry about being hosted other places, although I did post stories on ff.net and later, AC.  I actually don't remember how I stumbled across AC - probably through Ground Zero - but I think I've been a member since like 2003.

Mare, I know I've told you this before, but I still have fond memories of reading Mizpah while I was supposed to be cleaning computers at my mom's school, which was my summer job in high school.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9