Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: Those were the days!  (Read 28753 times)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: Those were the days!
« Reply #45 on: June 27, 2014, 09:59:20 PM »

I met Julie actually not from feedback though I did give it lol, but through the offer to join in Code Blue. She needed people to help her write it and I figured...why not? Cause my collab whore days were in full swing and I thought it'd help me improve. Julie and I clicked and then that grew when this forum was born :). Like you with Chaos, I fangirled mentally when I first started chatting/writing with her. Because by that point I'd read Broken, loved it, and was just like ommmmg haha.

Thank god for Code Blue! :)  That is so strange to think of you "fangirling" over me LOL, but I'm flattered!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #46 on: June 27, 2014, 10:01:30 PM »

Oh the memories!   I remember Bria's site!  There was this story there where Kevin ended up with custody of Nick and maybe Aaron after the rest of the Carters were killed in a tornado, I think.  I remember crying my eyes out because Kevin dies....and now I can't remember the title.   >:(  And how could I forget Julie's site.  I think I read my first, non-slash, fanfiction story there.  Again, can't remember the title, but Nick follows Brian after he sneaks out one night and ends up kidnapped and beaten.   Wow, I was really into depressing myself!  :crazy:

LOL Depressing stories were always my favorite too!  That story is still hosted on my archive site!  Living in a Nightmare: http://www.dreamers-sanctuary.com/hosted/nightmare.html
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #47 on: June 27, 2014, 10:03:12 PM »

I have seen the name Whitney being brought up by a lot of you and  I can definitely remember reading some of her stuff. I'm pretty sure she wrote my favourite bus crash story (Again, I can't think of the name).  ???

Where Can We Go From Here!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/ky3/perfect_fans/wcwgfhintro.html
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #48 on: June 27, 2014, 10:07:10 PM »

I think that girl Bria also wrote a story where Nick was impaled by a pole? LMAO is that correct?

KeepThisSecret (We need your name because I hate referring to you as that lol) Where Do We Go From Here is that Whitney story and it's a classic! Still the best bus crash/singing Nick out of a coma story that exists! LOL

I remember how intimidated I was by having to ask people to be hosted! Especially when I was turned down by a few of them. The BSB attorneys didn't want someone they had never heard of on their site, for one. Luckily Izzy and Julie gave me a chance. Of course I had no idea that Julie was only in like middle school at the time lol

If Bria had one about Nick being impaled on a pole, I missed that one!  The only Nick-being-impaled-on-a-pole story I know is Remember Me This Way (not Rose's, but the other one).  http://www.geocities.ws/imaginefanfic/RMTW.html  If I find out there is more than one, I will crack up!  Impalement FTW!

Aww! LOL  That was actually the summer before my senior year of high school, so I was not THAT young!  I thought your stories were great!  Mizpah was so creepy.
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #49 on: June 27, 2014, 10:10:11 PM »

This is making me want to check out the old_archive account again LOL I wish I had been allowed to continue that before Geocities shut 'er down.

There are still ways to get some stories off of Geocities.  Archive.org, reocities.com, oocities.com, geocities.ws.. . all have archived versions of some Geocities sites, but whether they'll be there or not depends on how popular they were.

We should take a moment of silence for Geocities, btw.  That's where my first site was hosted... and actually, I stayed with Yahoo until just last summer.  RIP Geocities.  Gone, but not forgotten.
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #50 on: June 27, 2014, 10:13:55 PM »

I'm so glad we got some of those classics posted. No Eboni though or Jennifer or Mersey.

I am still so annoyed that she never posted Finding Brotherhood on this site. I kept telling her to post it but she never did. lol I loved that story!

Finding Brotherhood is still online, if you want to add it to the AC Archive or something.  http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/mersey/fb.html  Guess you should ask Mersey first, since she's still around.

I have one of Eboni's stories hosted on my site, too.  Don't Want to Lose You Now: http://www.dreamers-sanctuary.com/hosted/dwlyn.html

~Julie

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #51 on: June 27, 2014, 11:36:17 PM »

Thank god for Code Blue! :)  That is so strange to think of you "fangirling" over me LOL, but I'm flattered!

Given everything it's really weird to think about! Lol I just knew you were a great writer and I wanted to be that good.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #52 on: June 28, 2014, 04:41:21 AM »

If Bria had one about Nick being impaled on a pole, I missed that one!  The only Nick-being-impaled-on-a-pole story I know is Remember Me This Way (not Rose's, but the other one).  http://www.geocities.ws/imaginefanfic/RMTW.html  If I find out there is more than one, I will crack up!  Impalement FTW!

Aww! LOL  That was actually the summer before my senior year of high school, so I was not THAT young!  I thought your stories were great!  Mizpah was so creepy.

I do remember you telling me how you used to read Mizpah while cleaning computers but for some reason, I thought you were in junior high lol I'm glad I was wrong about that. I'm pretty bad with ages in general. It's a numbers thing with me. I have a number block!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #53 on: June 28, 2014, 04:43:09 AM »

Yay to all those links!

Maybe we can add some of them on to the archive. Woot! It makes me almost want to redo the top tens thing again! LOL

Too late. :(

Maybe when we are getting ready to hit our 200th stories!! lmao
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #54 on: June 28, 2014, 06:51:41 AM »

There are still ways to get some stories off of Geocities.  Archive.org, reocities.com, oocities.com, geocities.ws.. . all have archived versions of some Geocities sites, but whether they'll be there or not depends on how popular they were.

We should take a moment of silence for Geocities, btw.  That's where my first site was hosted... and actually, I stayed with Yahoo until just last summer.  RIP Geocities.  Gone, but not forgotten.

It's not the accessing Geocities as much as it's remembering what to look up :P

But yes, RIP Geocities. My first site was also hosted there!
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #55 on: June 29, 2014, 12:13:21 PM »

^ I didn't know you had a site! lol

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #56 on: June 29, 2014, 02:28:32 PM »

^ I didn't know you had a site! lol

Oh man I had many incarnations of a site over the years!

Everyone needs to google their penname and BSB fanfic and see what comes up bc I just found myself listed on a LJ page about disability fics LOL I was trying to remember the name of one of the sites and finally found it on backstree.net.

"AlliHave Contains a lot of fanfiction by three different authors (Karen, Julilly and Hills) including the infamous Ataxia and What a Crazy World. Site also has media, pictures, skins, and so much more!"

That was me! I also had another one before that but I can't recall the name at all. IYH I think was the acronym lol
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #57 on: June 29, 2014, 02:51:57 PM »

That sounds like a fun little game. lol Ataxia, I remember that story.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #58 on: June 29, 2014, 02:54:53 PM »

Hey by doing that I just found that other AC type site I was talking about. It was called Vaffel! LOL

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #59 on: June 29, 2014, 09:06:10 PM »

I remember Vaffel, vaguely.  I don't think I ever posted or read anything there, but I've heard of it.

I just tried googling my penname and BSB fanfic, like Julilly suggested, and while my site was the first to come up when I used "Julie," the first page that came up when I tried "rokofages75" was my old account on Quizilla!  Anyone remember Quizilla?  I thought Quizilla was long dead, but apparently TeenNick has revived it.  I made several fanfic-related quizzes on there.

http://quizilla.teennick.com/user/RokofAges75/profile/
~Julie

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9