Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: Those were the days!  (Read 28792 times)

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
  • I have no idea what I'm getting myself into
Re: Those were the days!
« Reply #75 on: July 28, 2014, 08:47:36 PM »

Hey by doing that I just found that other AC type site I was talking about. It was called Vaffel! LOL

I was gonna say, were you talking about Vaffel? LOL!! That site had a lot of suspense stories! I remember yours and Mersey's stories most fondly! And I think someone with the penname Scooby too. I first started posting there, and somewhere else... I know AC had a link to it, because our stories were archived. I never saved the stories I posted there, and I kinda wish I did because those were the first few fics I had wrote.

I think I had wrote a story called "Larger Than Life", or maybe it was called something else, I can't remember, lmao. I know I had the lyrics in it "but let me tell you now there are prices to fame, alright... all of our time spent in flashes of light." I can't remember how it was supposed to go, but the guys were driving and ended up hitting some dude that jumped out in front of their car. They decided to take him into their vehicle and rush him off to the nearest hospital, and the guy ended turning on them, having it be apart of his plan. He was making the guys do certain things, which led to a high speed chase, all the while the guy framing them for a crime of hitting him with their car and kidnapping him, so they're on the run, yadda yadda yadda... I really don't know what the hell I was thinking when I was creating that story, lmao!!
"Stories are often the lives we wish we could live."
~Me

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #76 on: July 28, 2014, 08:49:03 PM »

One of my favorite fics back then was a story called "Mind Games" by... Amanda, I think it was?
~Me

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #77 on: July 28, 2014, 08:51:20 PM »

Oh yes, the Brian being tortured by a bodyguard story. I just remember that one being really really long! LOL

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #78 on: July 28, 2014, 09:23:07 PM »

Oh yes, the Brian being tortured by a bodyguard story. I just remember that one being really really long! LOL

Hahahaha, yeah, but I loved it, cause although it was Brian-centered, she highlighted and equally included the other guys perfectly, at perfect times, lol. I had loved my group-centered fics, with occasional highlighting of members from time to time, lol.

~Me

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #79 on: July 28, 2014, 09:28:06 PM »

Group centered fics have always been my favorite but now I have gotten picky and only prefer Nick to be the highlighted one.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #80 on: July 28, 2014, 09:51:51 PM »

Group centered fics have always been my favorite but now I have gotten picky and only prefer Nick to be the highlighted one.

Oh really?! Lol. I mean, I knew you were a Nick gal, but you were a Kevin girl also, right? Lol.
~Me

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #81 on: July 28, 2014, 09:53:15 PM »

Only if it's Nick/Kevin. Picky Mare is picky LOL.

Speaking of Mind Games, which was a good story. I think Julie has it archived on her site if you ever feel the urge to re-read it.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #82 on: July 28, 2014, 09:55:38 PM »

Oh really?! Lol. I mean, I knew you were a Nick gal, but you were a Kevin girl also, right? Lol.

I am a Kevin girl but a Nick fic girl, if that makes any sense? I love reading Kevin but really it's his relationship with Nick that I enjoy the most and it seems to be that way for all of them to Nick. It intrigues me for whatever reason. I really think the age difference is what does it. I think I have figured out if they were all the same age, I wouldn't care as much. Is that weird? Probably. LOL

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #83 on: July 28, 2014, 09:56:20 PM »

Only if it's Nick/Kevin. Picky Mare is picky LOL.

Speaking of Mind Games, which was a good story. I think Julie has it archived on her site if you ever feel the urge to re-read it.

picky Mare is very picky lol

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #84 on: July 28, 2014, 10:16:17 PM »

LOL!!! That totally makes sense Mare!! Their bond is definitely intriguing to say the least, and the age difference definitely is a huge factor in it. Kevin the typical protective older brother, Howie the second in command peacemaker, Brian the goof ball who's just there, and AJ seems to be adapting more of a comforting role.

Case in point, the video of Nick messing up during "The One", and AJ making fun of him, but consoling him afterwards like it's okay; great homage to Nick being the baby of the group, lol. But, at the same time, seems like Nick has been calling shots, or taking control as of late; adapting more of a "I may be young, but the only one who can say shit or do shit to my bros if me; otherwise I'll deal with you." Lol.
~Me

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #85 on: July 28, 2014, 10:18:42 PM »

I find the bond even more interesting now that Nick's grown up a bit. You can tell the others still look out for him. Not to mention Kevin and Nick are a lot more a like. Nick can be a perfectionist at times with his work. Nick was the one who got all the writers/producers in for TIU. Nick likes to try his hand at everything (filmmaking, acting, etc). The same can be said for Kevin.

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #86 on: July 28, 2014, 10:21:56 PM »

Those two are very similar which is probably why they clash so much LOL

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #87 on: July 28, 2014, 10:29:25 PM »

Definitely agree. That one video I seen, of him and Kevin arguing with each other about whatever, and the other three just standing uncomfortably around, with Howie and Brian trying to pass it off with humor, lol. As much as it was uncomfortable to watch, that's a great example of how their bond isn't always perfect; they will have their quarrels and disagreements, but the love and respect they have for each other is profound and is worth more than anything. Shit, I wish I had their bond with my siblings/best friends, lmao!

I'mma go to my friends and be like "Guys/ladies, lets pretend we're in a band and bond and shit!" Lmao!
~Me

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #88 on: July 28, 2014, 10:30:19 PM »

Probably! Which is what keeps it interesting. It's like with Brian and how the bond with Nick weakened is something I like to play around with. Or Howie stepping up his relationship with Nick between Kevin leaving and Brian being distant. Then there's the whole AJ/Brian deal plus AJ having the same sort of problems Nick did.

This is probably why I find "Nick centered" group fics more interesting to write.

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #89 on: July 28, 2014, 10:38:24 PM »

Probably! Which is what keeps it interesting. It's like with Brian and how the bond with Nick weakened is something I like to play around with. Or Howie stepping up his relationship with Nick between Kevin leaving and Brian being distant. Then there's the whole AJ/Brian deal plus AJ having the same sort of problems Nick did.

This is probably why I find "Nick centered" group fics more interesting to write.

Wait, wait, wait, wait... WHAAAAT?!?! What is this foreign language?! Explain yourself woman!! LOL.
~Me
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9