Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: A Backstreet Boys story  (Read 20801 times)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: A Backstreet Boys story
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2014, 03:11:48 AM »

I bet you will like Make Believe.  It's a lot better than One Phone Call live LOL.

Yeah, I'm not sure BSB would have survived if Nick or even Brian or AJ had left instead of Kevin, if only because of how many solos they each have in their songs, not to mention their popularity.  There was always a void with Kevin missing, but they covered it well.  I don't know that they would have been able to do that if it was Nick, Brian, or AJ.  It'd be like NSync without Timberlake.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2014, 03:30:56 AM »

I think just based on the sheer amount of fans alone that he has, too many people would lose interest, especially those that see him just as eye candy. I'm talking present and not past now anyway. Back then, I don't think they could have gone on if it were any of the three you mentioned either, now I'm not so sure about that. As much as it sucks to say, I think they would do fine without Brian. Not that he would ever go anywhere but they've been covering him for a while now anyway.

I have a feeling if it ever got to the point that one of them wanted to leave again, they'd all just decide to call it quits.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2014, 04:00:22 AM »

Yeah, I know what you mean.  The other guys could sing Brian's solos better than he sings them sometimes these days, as much as it pains me to say it.  Although it does seem like whatever he's been doing has been helping with that, from the videos I've watched lately.  But I think you're right... I don't see them going back to a foursome at this point; I think it's all or nothing.  They all seem committed, though, and seem to be enjoying themselves.  I just hope they don't get burnt out.  As much as I would love to see them go back into the studio to start on the next album after this tour cycle, I think they could use a break!
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2014, 04:19:45 AM »

I'm hoping they'll take a nice sized break and maybe regroup again in the spring. Not too short or too long. Just long enough to feel refreshed and do their own things for a little bit. LOL
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2014, 04:21:48 AM »

Yep, that would be perfect!  Not a hiatus, just a nice break.
~Julie

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2014, 06:34:31 AM »

Oh cool!  I don't know her, but I just saw her pop up on my Twitter timeline cause Cinzia RTed this tweet of hers: https://twitter.com/cdubyah76/status/488102540752330754

Do you know anything about that?  Did that really happen at soundcheck, that Nick said Jesus was an alien?  Is there video?  Cause I need to see that if there is LOL.

Hmm I am not sure if there is video but I'd like to see that too just to see Brian's expression when he said it lol. This is why I love Nick, he's such a dork lol

carterkid

• Major Disruption
  • It's a backstreet world....we just live in it
« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2014, 08:57:37 PM »

I first started liking the Backstreet Boys during the 1990's. At that time Brian,Kevin and Nick was my favorite Backstreet Boy because they are awesome My favorite song used to be I have a hard time picking faves but now I love I have a hard time picking Since becoming a fan, I have seen the guys on tour only once time. My favorite tour was IN A WORLD LIKE THISbecause KEVIN!!!  The one song I wish they would perform in concert is Siberia and take out I'll never break your heart

Nowadays, my favorite Backstreet Boy is still Brian,Kevin and Nick because they are awesome I have to admit, at first I didn't think much of AJ but now he's really grown on me. I still don't give Howiemuch thought because I just don't have all that much interest in him or anything in common with him. If Brian or Nick were to leave the band, there is no way it could continue on as a foursome, but if I had to pick one of them to leave, I would choose no one because losing Kevin was hard enough, and now that he's back, I can't imagine anyone ever leaving again.  (But if I really HAD to pick, I guess I'd pick Howie
The one thing I love most about these boys is their personalities and how they are so close to each other But if I could ask them to change one thing it would be nothing
At the end of the day, we're all fans but the one thing that bugs me most is All the non-fans/haters I think Nick is the most fan friendly where nobody needs the most work. Regardless, I love these guys and will remain a fan forever unless the world ends, in which case I will hopefully continue being a fan in the afterlife.

[I borrowed  a part from Rokofage, I hope you don't mind lol]
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 02:23:00 AM by mare »

carterkid

• Major Disruption
  • It's a backstreet world....we just live in it
« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2014, 09:11:08 PM »

That didn't come out right ^^^^^^^^ I might just try it again later

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2014, 10:58:31 PM »

No problem!  You just need to find where you have a strikethrough (marked with an S in brackets like this [ ]) and take it out.
~Julie

Carter

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2014, 11:16:43 PM »

I first started liking the Backstreet Boys during the Backstreet US era. At that time Nick & Brian was my favorite Backstreet Boy because they are goofy. My favorite song used to be All I Have To Give but now I love Light On. Since becoming a fan, I have seen the guys on tour 4 times. My favorite tour was Never Gone because I got VIP cause there was extra for people who showed up early, and I got Brian to sign my hat :) . The one song I wish they would perform in concert is Back To Your Heart and take out I'll Never Break Your Heart.

Nowadays, my favorite Backstreet Boy is still Nick & Brian because they are still goofy as ever and it makes me smile when I am having a terrible day some days. I have to admit, at first I didn't think much of Kevin but now he's really grown on me. I still don't give Howie much thought because I just don't have all that much interest in him or anything in common with him. If Nick or Brian were to leave the band, there is no way it could continue on as a foursome, but If I had to pick one of them to leave, I would choose Howie because (this is going to sound mean lol) some times I just cannot simply stand the high notes his voice permits.

The one thing I love most about these boys is they love their fans very much. But if I could ask them to change one thing it would be make their tickets alittle  more affordable I haven't seen them in concert in almost 10yrs for this reason.

At the end of the day, we're all fans but the one thing that bugs me most about this fandom in general is all the fighting about their wives and how much they hate them for stupid reasons (drives me crazy!). I think Brian is the most fan friendly where Kevin needs the most work. Regardless, I love these guys and will remain a fan forever unless Nick or Brian quit..
~Carter~

Carter

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2014, 11:28:25 PM »

most of my answers were bases on the tours I have seen...its been wayyy too long since I have seen them in concert =(
~Carter~

Carter

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2014, 11:28:56 PM »

Thanks!  I saw the RT.  Here's the video for anyone who doesn't follow Mare or Cinzia on Twitter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VcbNRvRJKY&feature=youtu.be

this had me rolling lol...good ole fashion BSB fun ;)
~Carter~

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2014, 12:23:09 AM »

I'm listening to Light On right now! :)  I wish we had more B-sides and unreleased songs from this latest album.  You're lucky you got to go to soundcheck on the Never Gone tour!  That's when it was still up to luck to win the soundcheck party, before you could pay for it.  I'm glad for the option to pay for it now because I am usually not that lucky, although I did win once for Unbreakable, so I can't complain.

Their ticket prices have been high lately!  This tour was crazy.  Unbreakable and This is Us were not that bad.  It's nice that they've had sort of a resurgence in popularity and feel they can change more for tickets, but I would prefer smaller crowds and cheaper seats.
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2014, 02:27:52 AM »

^  I was just about to say, I loved the way they used to do the sound check and wish they'd go back to doing it that way. Maybe leave those outrageously priced GOLD and Diamond ones for people to pay for but leave the original VIPS for either first so and so amount of people there get one or lottery or something. They've gotten kind of money hungry and it's one of the reasons they annoy me more now than ever! :(

Oh and carterkid, I fixed your post. :)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #44 on: July 14, 2014, 03:50:10 AM »

^  I was just about to say, I loved the way they used to do the sound check and wish they'd go back to doing it that way. Maybe leave those outrageously priced GOLD and Diamond ones for people to pay for but leave the original VIPS for either first so and so amount of people there get one or lottery or something. They've gotten kind of money hungry and it's one of the reasons they annoy me more now than ever! :(

Oh and carterkid, I fixed your post. :)

I think the way they did it for Unbreakable was the best.  You could buy VIP, which got you an individual photo and an autograph - not only a pre-signed photo, but an actual in-person autograph on an object of your choice - but then there was also the contest, and if you won, you got a group photo and the pre-signed autographed photo, plus you could take a friend.  The VIP was expensive, but nothing compared to gold or platinum nowadays, and I don't think they do autographs in person anymore; it's all pre-signed.
~Julie

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6