Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Author Topic: Questions  (Read 5518 times)

kevmylove

• Minion of Mayhem
Questions
« on: October 15, 2014, 05:00:57 AM »

Hey ladies. How are you all? So it's been a while since I've been on here...it looks a bit dead.

So how is everyone's inspiration to write?
Are you guys still writing fan fiction or are you working on other projects?
Do you think after the cruise there might be more activity on here or writing?
Does anyone find themselves not missing fan fiction?

Wow I'm all full of questions... :shrug:

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: Questions
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 06:14:49 PM »

I have had no inspiration to read or write. In fact, if I wasn't so commited to this site, I'm not even sure I'd be into this fandom much at all. I'm losing my interest. Which is why they need to pull a rabbit out of their asses soon :(

Sad, but true.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Mistral

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2014, 08:52:33 PM »

I continue to write and I wait for a answers the person I'm writing with.
I work on a book as the same time.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2014, 09:18:55 PM »

I would love to be writing fanfic, but I haven't had any time since school started. :(  I'm hoping I will after the cruise because the little free time I have had lately has been spent on cruise prep, so hopefully life will calm down a little afterwards.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2014, 09:32:15 PM »

I would love to be writing it too lol. Most of my time's been spent picking up extra shifts for extra spending cash on the cruise...and maybe at the Nick and Knight show two weeks later LOL. And then the other part of it was cruise prep. (God help me they better never do ABC night ever again...I hate duct tape LOL)

I'm also hoping things will settle down post cruise.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2014, 02:54:25 AM »

I read but nobody has been updating.

I've basically lost all inspiration to write. I miss it a lot and want to finish my stories I've started but to be honest I don't think anyone really wants to  read them. I know that's stupid of me to say but maybe motivation would help me write more. I have the time to write but the desire is mostly gone.

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2014, 08:20:13 AM »

I still write but I barely write BSB fic anymore. So I guess that means I've been working on other projects. I don't know why that happened, but my main focus in writing BSB fic is to finish the stories that are half done. After that I don't know if I'll start something else.
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2014, 08:53:00 PM »

This is going to be an incredible roundabout answer to this question but bear with me.

I'm currently unpacking my new apartment and since my stuff was in storage for nearly a year and a half, I haven't seen a lot of this stuff in a while. I had been thinking about the fact that all of my old fics were lost when my car was broken into and external hard drives were stolen so when I stumbled upon some of my old school workbooks I got nostalgic and decided to read them.

When I was a teenager I had several poems published in magazines and newsletters and part of my AP English class involved putting together a portfolio of all your completed works to date. Each one of the poems, short stories, etc has a grade and a comment from my teacher. Skimming through I could see that not a single grade was below 95% and the comments from my teacher talked about how I had real potential as an author. On one in particular he talked about he never wanted me to stop writing because the world needed "more writers, more poets, more people to tell our stories for the children of the next generation."

I read that story and, not to be conceited, was genuinely surprised by my talent at 17 years old. I don't know what happened to that writer but she's not me anymore. I think my decision to go into journalism after high school fundamentally changed the way I write. These days, I don't consider myself a writer at all outside of a work capacity.

I have struggled writing BSB fiction for the last couple years, as most of you know. I just can't keep focused long enough to flesh anything out so I start something with the best of intentions, but as soon as the plot gets complicated I just lose it. Hence, why I have a dozen stories with 10 chapters or less just sitting in my Google Docs account.

I would really like to at least finish the stories I have incomplete but like Steph said, after that I'm not sure. Unless I find out how to get that mojo back that I had before, it's just sort of gone. Long answer... but I got there. :P
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

Sin

• Fledgling
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2014, 12:23:36 AM »

I'm new to this page and this fandom as a whole I'm still writing :D... well my inspiration is fine... but that doesn't mean I can put my inspiration to good words... I had really trouble with my last chapter....

:D I'm also reading quite a few nice stories on this page lately :D... with Brian and Nick... Frick and Frack... it's all wonderful and I got much to review.... all the while I try to improve in writing...

I also got inspiration for another story....

I want to write it but I debate if I first write it in german (since I can write better in german) only problem is I don't know who would read it ;/....

mhhh.... well I'll see

besides of that I still have a german formula 1 fic laying on AO3... but that one.... well nobody comments all just ´kudos...
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 12:26:04 AM by Sin »

emilo

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2014, 06:00:44 PM »

I have a four year old and a two month old.  I recently went back to work after maternity leave, and while I think about writing on my in-progress stories, I'd rather just veg out on that rare occasion that I have the time.  Sigh.  I turn thirty this weekend, while the cruise is happening.  I have a young baby at home, so I'm obviously not going.  A year ago, I was planning on making it a birthday present to myself this year, but surprise!  I got a baby instead. lol

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2014, 08:35:14 PM »

Aww... maybe next time, Emily!  Happy birthday in advance!!  A baby is a much better present anyway! :)
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling