Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: DNA  (Read 10173 times)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: DNA
« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2019, 03:11:13 PM »

Just give them deadly diseases lmao.

My favorite is absolutely Passionate. On first listen I was hooked. I really dig New Love but that took a listen or two. The Way It Was was also an instant favorite. Kevin blew me away on that track and I adore the oldies vibe of it, which also reminded me of Man On The Moon LOL. The more listens I give it, oddly I'm digging Just Like You Like it which since I'm not a country person feels weird but I guess I enjoy it if it's their voices lol. This album is so good.

I kind of want to write a short story to Breathe too, like the chorus has inspired some thoughts.

LMAO!  Well... yes.  Lil Plot Device Dorough!

I was the opposite with New Love and Passionate; I loved New Love on the first listen and wasn't sold on Passionate until the second or third time through.  Now I think I like Passionate better than New Love, but they're both fun songs.  Passionate speaks to my soul as an obsessive fan though LOL.

I'm listening to Just Like You Like It right now, and I like that one as well.  It does have a country vibe, but as long as it's not twangy, I don't mind that.  There really aren't any bad songs on the album.  They're all at least pleasant to listen to.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 03:13:19 PM by RokofAges75 »
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2019, 03:18:30 PM »

I know it's probably too early to answer this question accurately, but so far, how does DNA compare to their other albums for you?

I don't think it's quite as good as In a World Like This (which is right up there with Millennium for me), but I do think it's better than both Unbreakable and This Is Us.  I'll have to wait and see how well the new songs hold up over time before I can compare it to their older albums.
~Julie

smh1105

• Fledgling
« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2019, 03:40:08 PM »

I like that idea for a writing challenge!

I did get an idea for Nobody Else (even though if i had to pick a least favorite song on the album it would probably be that one lol) but the more I thought about it, I realized I could probably turn it into a longer story. So im not sure what song I would pick right now.

~Shaina~
"A non-writing writer is a monster courting insanity" Franz Kafka
"I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity" Edgar Allen Poe

smh1105

• Fledgling
« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2019, 03:44:14 PM »

I wish there was a bromantic song on this album. I mean I love these guys but if we were to make a
drinking game with how many times we heard the word ‘baby’  lol

LOL i think we would all end up drunk after one song  :D
~Shaina~

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2019, 04:46:37 PM »

I like that idea for a writing challenge!

I did get an idea for Nobody Else (even though if i had to pick a least favorite song on the album it would probably be that one lol) but the more I thought about it, I realized I could probably turn it into a longer story. So im not sure what song I would pick right now.

It seems like No one Else is the least favorite of a few of us. It took me awhile to warm up to “Just Like You Like It” too. I am tending to start listening at Breathe and going down. Not ready for shuffling yet lol

I am calling The Chateau. I see a nice little suspense fic for that one, although doubtful it’ll ever get written.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 04:48:11 PM by mare »
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2019, 04:50:35 PM »

I know it's probably too early to answer this question accurately, but so far, how does DNA compare to their other albums for you?

I don't think it's quite as good as In a World Like This (which is right up there with Millennium for me), but I do think it's better than both Unbreakable and This Is Us.  I'll have to wait and see how well the new songs hold up over time before I can compare it to their older albums.

It’s going to be hard to beat Millennium for me but I’d probably put this one right next to, or slightly ahead of IAWLT only because I still skip Try and One Phone Call lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #51 on: January 26, 2019, 05:59:05 PM »

Nobody Else isn't bad, but it's pretty forgettable.  I feel the same way about most of the ballads, except Breathe and The Way It Was.  They're pleasant, but nothing spectacular.  Some of them may grow on me more once I memorize the lyrics and can sing along, LOL.
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #52 on: January 26, 2019, 06:01:39 PM »

I am calling The Chateau. I see a nice little suspense fic for that one, although doubtful it’ll ever get written.

Do it!!!

I don't know when I'll get around to writing mine either.  Maybe once I hit a wall with my other story.
~Julie

smh1105

• Fledgling
« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2019, 06:05:02 PM »

Im a little iffy on 'Just Like You Like It' too. It even more country than 'No Place'. But they all still sound great on it. I like Kevin's voice the most on it.
~Shaina~

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #54 on: January 26, 2019, 06:26:38 PM »

I think Florida Georgia Line must have had an influence on them!  We know they definitely influenced AJ, LOL.

Does anyone know if OK is the song Andy Grammer wrote for them?  It sounds like it, but I don't have the physical album yet to check the credits.  I can't wait for that to come!
~Julie

smh1105

• Fledgling
« Reply #55 on: January 26, 2019, 08:03:57 PM »

I think they did too. I think the positive response they got from doing that song with them made them realize they could push the boundaries more with their sound, as far as country goes.
~Shaina~

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #56 on: January 26, 2019, 08:11:08 PM »

I love the variety of genres.  I don't usually like albums where every song sounds the same, and this is definitely not one of those!  There should be something for everybody on this album.
~Julie

smh1105

• Fledgling
« Reply #57 on: January 26, 2019, 08:56:46 PM »

most defiantly. I think they will attract a lot of new fans too with this album. Im sure there will be a lot of people who hear one of their songs and will be surprised to find out that its a Backstreet Boys song lol
~Shaina~

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #58 on: January 26, 2019, 09:42:16 PM »

I hope so!  Their sound has definitely evolved.
~Julie

smh1105

• Fledgling
« Reply #59 on: January 26, 2019, 09:54:12 PM »

We should make a writing challenge for a short story for each of the titles off the album. Once one is taken someone else has to choose a different one, to see what you all come up with it.

Do you think you will make an official post for this challenge?
~Shaina~
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7