Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: DNA  (Read 10168 times)

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
Re: DNA
« Reply #75 on: January 28, 2019, 01:35:41 AM »

I'm all over the place!  New Love, Passionate, Chateau, OK... I'll get like one random line stuck in my head for awhile, and then it'll be something else from a different song.

God yes. I'm going through phrases. First two days was Passionate. Then New Love. Yesterday and today Chateau decided to move in. Chateau's the "worst" in that all I need to do is hear the word baby and the whole damn chrous is in my head lmao.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #76 on: January 28, 2019, 08:13:57 AM »

I sing Breathe constantly!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #77 on: January 28, 2019, 05:07:02 PM »

I alternated between having lines from New Love and Passionate in my head all day at work.  Makes sense because those are the ones I've been listening to the most; I always start at Track 4 when I play the album so I can hear them first.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #78 on: January 28, 2019, 05:47:32 PM »

I start at track 3
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #79 on: January 29, 2019, 10:24:58 AM »

Got to say I love the new album, I think Breathe is my favourite though, I've listened quite a lot  and just love it so much :)  I'm so excited for the tour now!

I'll have to go and listen to those Japan bonus songs now as didn't realise there were any others, not had a chance to watch any of the appearances they've done either, so got a lot of You Tubing to do :)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #80 on: January 29, 2019, 10:11:30 PM »

Hey Steph!

The US appearances have all been pretty good!  I love that they've sung different songs on almost every one.
~Julie

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #81 on: January 30, 2019, 02:11:11 PM »

I've just sat here and listened to the whole album yet again and not skipped any!  For me this is the best album since Unbreakable

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #82 on: February 01, 2019, 11:23:01 PM »

It finally happened.  I had Chateau stuck in my head at work today.  Only took a week LOL.  I've been alternating between New Love and Passionate all the other days.
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #83 on: February 02, 2019, 12:57:40 PM »

Who are you the sex police? In my head today

I even had Nobody Else stuck in my head the other day.

Although after watching Rent last weekend I had to buy the original cast soundtrack and blared that on my way to New York yesterday.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #84 on: February 02, 2019, 01:29:08 PM »

My sex ain't got no rules!  Haha.

I bought the crystal clear vinyl album Barnes & Noble was selling, and it came today.  It's so beautiful!!!  I have nothing to play it on, but I'm going to frame it and hang it on the wall of my writing room, where most of my other BSB stuff is.  Records, while not practical, are so cool!  I think it's awesome that they released an album on vinyl.  I've actually started seeing more VHS and cassette tapes being sold in stores recently, too; I guess it's considered hipster and cool now.  Personally, I will never go back to anything you have to rewind, but I love the nostalgia of it.

I forgot that records, like cassettes, have sides, so here's the breakdown:

Side A:
1. Don't Go Breaking My Heart
2. Nobody Else
3. Breathe
4. New Love
5. Passionate
6. Is It Just Me

Side B:
7. Chances
8. No Place
9. Chateau
10. The Way It Was
11. Just Like You Like It
12. OK

Which side is your favorite?

~Julie

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #85 on: February 02, 2019, 02:28:42 PM »

I love the vinyl. The sound is different when you play it which I found to be really really cool. I have my mom's old record player in my bedroom so I was really excited to try it out. As for which side is my favorite...pro bably Side A.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #86 on: February 02, 2019, 04:44:00 PM »

Isn’t it funny how old is new and hip. Just like those Polaroid cameras from back in day.

My favorite would be side A. I’m so bummed I spent all my Barnes and Noble gift cards on actual books! I had no idea about the exclusive vinyl thing.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #87 on: February 03, 2019, 01:15:49 AM »

Yes!  One of my 4th graders has a Polaroid camera, and another one brought in his mom's old Discman and was using it to listen to CDs on the bus LOL.  That brought back memories!!

I was listening to DNA in the shower today via Bluetooth speaker and my phone, and I was thinking about how I used to have to either bring my boombox into the bathroom and plug it in to listen to albums in the shower or take a bath with my headphones plugged into my Discman right by the bathtub and hope I didn't get electrocuted LOL.  Kids today have it so easy with their digital music and tiny wireless devices!
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #88 on: February 03, 2019, 01:18:09 AM »

The clear vinyl was only like $27 including tax and shipping!  Not bad for a collector's item.  I pre-ordered mine online last week, but I just saw Hannah post on FB that she found one in the actual store.

I think Side A is my favorite too, for the uptempos and Breathe.
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #89 on: February 03, 2019, 04:03:28 AM »

Oh, that’s not bad. I thought it would be more expensive than that.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7