Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Let's ring in the new year with some praise!  (Read 23284 times)

Ruby Maye

• Fledgling
Re: Let's ring in the new year with some praise!
« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2009, 04:01:16 PM »

1.  What was your biggest writing- or fanfic-related accomplishment of 2008?

For me I think my biggest writing accomplishment is the fact that I had the chance to post several stories of mine on here and completed them. (lol usually it takes me a while to finish a story)
2.  What do you feel was the best piece of writing you did this year?  It can be a whole story or just a certain chapter or scene.  Give us a link or, if it's a really short excerpt (like a paragraph), post it here.

My best piece of writing this year would have to be my response to the October challenge "A Halloween Tale With A Backstreet Twist." This was the first story that I wrote and have completed. The other would be the story "Authorized Personnel Only: Safest Place to Hide" which I am currently still updating and have not completed. This particular story has been going on in my head for sometime and I have written different versions of it but I'm glad to say that I was satisfied with what I came up with so far for that story.

"A Halloween Tale With a Backstreet Twist"
http://www.absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=9261

"APO: Safest Place To Hide"
http://www.absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=9124

3.  Which of your own stories are you most proud of, and why?  (This doesn't have to be one written in 2008).

I would say "Authorized Personnel Only: Safest Place To Hide" would be one. I've worked hard on it for so many years. It's my most challenging to write so far.
4.  Give us a link to one of your own stories that you feel is undiscovered or underappreciat ed, and tell us why you think it's worthy of being read.

Well, I have a story that I posted on AC that haven't gotten reviews. So I sort of gave up on it. I guess if I get more reviews on it, maybe I would be willing to work on finishing it. This story is an alternate universe story that involves the Backstreet Boys and some members of NSYNC as rival mafia families. The Boys are given their "mafia" or "Italianized" names as well as Justin Timberlake, JC Chasez and Joey Fatone. I only have the first three chapters posted and have not updated it since. here is the link if you would like to preview it:

http://www.absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8635
5.  Switching over to praise for other writers, give us a link to someone ELSE'S story that you feel is undiscovered or underappreciat ed.  Again, tell us why you think this story is worthy of being read.

I would have to say the "Monarchy Series" written by scarlett. She is an amazing writer and her stories on the Monarchy series are interesting to read. I don't think it's undiscovered or unappreciated but I recommend it to anyone who enjoy fantasy, adventure, romance and action.
6.  What was the best story you discovered in 2008?  Provide a link, and tell why you liked it.

Besides the Monarchy series and 00Carter, I really like "All Hail the Heartbreaker" by Tantilisinteas er. She does an amazing job at this story. 
7.  Name an AC author who impressed you this year (with their writing, their updating, whatever it may be LOL), and tell us why.

I would say "scarlett" because she is working on several stories that are interesting and engaging.
8.  Do you have any writing- or fanfic-related resolutions for 2009?  If so, what are they?
Try to set a timeframe/due date for updates, although I get busy with school work and studying. Luckily i don't have a job yet so I can try to manage my time and find the time to write. I have so many new fanfics I want to write, i still only have an idea for some that I hope is different from others so i hope to be able to write those and post it here.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]