Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: June picture challenge  (Read 11422 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
June picture challenge
« on: June 01, 2007, 02:09:48 PM »

This time i'm going waaaaaaaaaay out of my comfort zone for this one. I mean waaaay out lol

The challenge this month is to write a short romace based on this picture. The catch is you cannot let the female be Leighanne. She has to be someone else. I have noticed that in passing everyone has mentioned how tough it is to write a Brian fic without including Leighanne and Baylee and creating a fictional wife, girlfriend etc..  so that's why it's my challenge for you.

We all know that's a picture of him and Leigh on their wedding but this story cannot be about Brian and Leighanne's wedding.

So there ya go, have fun and enjoy!

I hope to see some new people participating in this one! I have loved reading what everyone comes up with but it's always the same people. Let's get some new blood doing this one. Come on romance people, show us your stuff!

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

felikia2009

• Innocent Bystander
  • Tell them how I am defying gravity!
Re: June picture challenge
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2007, 10:09:39 PM »

hm...i think i have an idea :D can we assume that it just happens to be brian and his "mystery lady" (hehe) dancing? like, not at a wedding?

~Blend and Avatar made by someone on DLS for me (it was so long ago and I don't remember who lol)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2007, 10:14:25 PM »

yup as long as it's not leighanne lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

backstreetblade

• Fledgling
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2007, 03:44:11 PM »

Can leighanne be inthe story?

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2007, 03:46:43 PM »

sure if she's not Brian's girlfriend or wife. :)

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2007, 09:53:56 PM »

Can it be about A wedding at all? Or does it have to take place somewhere entirely different? I may just have an idea for this one.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2007, 10:14:39 PM »

it can be a wedding it just can't be about Brian and Leighanne. It can be about Brian and someone else just not her lol

FricksBabyGurl

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2007, 10:18:07 PM »

lol i think i'm gonna like these stories. i enjoy reading about brian with someone else. too bad i suck at romance, cuz i'd totally do this one.
School uniforms- $2,500.
School supplies and fees- $1,000.
"From this day forward, you are an LSU Tiger." -Priceless.

November 10, 2009- Greatest day of my life, the day I read those words. ^^

Nijntje

• Minion of Mayhem
  • Some love is not really love at all..
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2007, 04:23:02 AM »

Hmm.. I like.. And I THINK I have an idea too..
Just a (stupid) question.. Since you (Mare) said you'd like to see new blood, does that mean that 'old' blood stories won't be read by you? I mean, I love to get as many feedback as possible, but I also really like your opinion, since it's completely honest and quite deep as well.. Cause, well.. to me you are one of the queens of BSB-fanfic *blushes*

And another question.. can the story be told out of Leighanne's perspective? (As long as she is not the one in Brian's arms?)
Not every dream is supposed to come true
Some words are best unsaid
Some love is not really love at all
I keep everything I shared with you
And that's enough.. there's us..

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2007, 07:16:16 AM »

Hmm.. I like.. And I THINK I have an idea too..
Just a (stupid) question.. Since you (Mare) said you'd like to see new blood, does that mean that 'old' blood stories won't be read by you? I mean, I love to get as many feedback as possible, but I also really like your opinion, since it's completely honest and quite deep as well.. Cause, well.. to me you are one of the queens of BSB-fanfic *blushes*

And another question.. can the story be told out of Leighanne's perspective? (As long as she is not the one in Brian's arms?)

LOL no, old blood is welcome too! It's just that it's always the same few of us that always participate because the subject doesn't appeal to everyone else so I made sure to purposely pick a genre and picture that people cannot use that as an excuse.

As far as reading them, this month's going to be tough to be completely honest because if I wasn't making this as a challenge I could tell you I would most likely not read a single one of these especially when I saw the picture lmao but I shall try to read them as long as they are not epically long. And thank you for that compliment. That was a very nice thing to say. I don't consider myself a queen of fanfic at all lol but that deserves a squishy hug lol

And yes you can even make Leighanne the person he's hugging just as long as she's not the one he's dating or marrying. She can be a character though.

Nijntje

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2007, 07:52:24 AM »

*happily accepts the squishy hug*  ;D

Nooooooooooo I don't want Brian to hug her lol.. Not at all! I want Leighanne to tell us this story.. is that okay?

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2007, 08:00:53 AM »

^ lol yup

Nijntje

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2007, 08:02:32 AM »

Yay! Otherwise the whole story idea had gone down the drain.. lol

Nijntje

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2007, 10:49:21 AM »

Oh shoot! I kinda missed the 'it has to be a romance story' memo. Dang!! Well, I'll try to keep some romance in there then ...

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2007, 02:00:25 PM »

^ *whispers* it's okay if you leave it out.

See? I'm not writing one this month at all. The challenge for me is to read these lmao I know that sounds sad but it's like how most people feel about slash, you know? lmao Yeah okay I feel that way about slash too. hehe i'm such a fanfic snob. :(  :D
Pages: [1] 2 3