Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: Review Site  (Read 20643 times)

bananaaddict

• Captain of Commotion
    • The Original Nick Chicks
Re: Review Site
« Reply #60 on: June 27, 2007, 01:55:10 PM »

^ yes and to add to that, if you do feel the need to point out a flaw of some kind, make sure you say something nice first. Like wow I loveed the dialogue in the middle but there was one part towards the end that didn't seem very believeable to me...then point it out. If criticism is said nicely no one minds I don't think, but yeah...eh that sucked monkey butts is not a good way to get across how you feel lol

LMAO  Um, ok, I'm at work and I totally just laughed really loud and people are looking at me.   ;D  Thanks for all the tips on reviewing.  I think part of my problem is that I'm still somewhat new to this writing and reviewing thing.  I've decided to go back and read some stories over and leave some feedback since I already have a sense of what I liked and didn't like.  Maybe that will make it easier.  Thanks again!

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #61 on: June 27, 2007, 08:30:41 PM »

Amen to the "anything is better than nothing." I get nothing and always feel like I'm pretty sub-par...
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

mers

• Captain of Commotion
  • the other M
    • Unveiled Thoughts
« Reply #62 on: June 28, 2007, 01:47:57 AM »

I just found this thread and I thought your idea is great Julie! I’m not sure how I can contribute because I don’t think I’d qualify to really give anything constructive as a reader (have you seen my grammar? lol) and I don’t know how the rubric thing works, but if this is already in motion, let me know, I’ll support it in any way I can. I’m assuming this will be on your board? (I have to see if I’m already a member or not, I keep registering at different places and then totally forgot about them, lol).
What succor, what consolation is there in truth, compared to a story? What good is truth, at midnight, in the dark, when the wind is roaring like a bear in the chimney? What you need are the plump comforts of a story. Th soothing, rocking safety of a lie - Vida Winter

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #63 on: June 28, 2007, 02:01:34 AM »

Thanks, Mers!  If we don't hear from Chaos, it's going to be hosted on my domain, but you won't need to be part of the forum or anything.

Those of us who are interested in developing the rubric can get that put together and post it here, and then anyone who is interested in being a reviewer can say so.  Mare and I were talking, and I think we're gonna do what I suggested about having everyone who wants to review do a trial one on the same willing guinea pig story - we already thought of a good story, something everyone could like - and see how it goes.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #64 on: June 28, 2007, 05:47:15 AM »

now ya got me all curious, what story are you gonna do???
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #65 on: June 28, 2007, 05:51:11 PM »

Now I'm worried.... It's not too teribly long, is it? Finals are next week...
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #66 on: June 28, 2007, 07:25:54 PM »

We have to make the rubric first, so don't worry about reviewing yet.
~Julie

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #67 on: June 28, 2007, 08:46:26 PM »

Should we all have a chat to do that?
~*Dee*~

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #68 on: June 28, 2007, 09:18:39 PM »

I was thinking that... might be the easiest way to get it done quickly, rather than trying to do it in a thread.  We could just set a time, and anyone who is able to come will have input on the rubric.
~Julie

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #69 on: June 28, 2007, 10:00:27 PM »

Sounds good to me. :) Let me know.
~*Dee*~

moppy

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #70 on: June 29, 2007, 04:43:46 AM »

I was thinking that... might be the easiest way to get it done quickly, rather than trying to do it in a thread.  We could just set a time, and anyone who is able to come will have input on the rubric.

Err what about time differences??

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #71 on: June 29, 2007, 06:41:29 AM »

^ for that reason, I think the weekend would probably be the best time to do it.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Nijntje

• Minion of Mayhem
  • Some love is not really love at all..
« Reply #72 on: June 29, 2007, 07:00:53 AM »

^ for that reason, I think the weekend would probably be the best time to do it.

Still.. my time difference is about 8 or 9 hours.. :( I don't think I can make it. Saturday = work day.. Sunday = pack things for vacation day lol.
Not every dream is supposed to come true
Some words are best unsaid
Some love is not really love at all
I keep everything I shared with you
And that's enough.. there's us..

moppy

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #73 on: June 29, 2007, 10:39:24 AM »

;D lol well it's about 12 hours for me but that the east coast of the US (if I'm right that means LA etc) but then again I'm not sure i'd be much help to y'all

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #74 on: June 29, 2007, 12:31:11 PM »

I believe that it is a 12 hour difference from Australia to the East Coast of the US, but the East Coast would be like NY. LA (which is Pacific time) I think might actually be less for you.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8