Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Featured Story Surveys  (Read 4453 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Featured Story Surveys
« on: June 26, 2007, 08:14:03 AM »

Here is the place where all the featured story authors fill out a quick survey to let you know what the story is about so feel free to browse what they have to say  ;D

April - Under My Skin by Mellzbellz
http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=6862

1) Tell us one thing about your story that no one else knows?
Hmm... That NO ONE else knows? That's kind of hard...Okay i got it! The ver basic elements of the story in the past (Nick cheating on Alyssa with Katie while recording in Sweden, her getting pregnant etc) actually came from the soap opera of a plot we had going on in my BSB RP group at least six years ago. Orignally I was writing another fic based off all that, but then I gave up on it and stopped writing. Finally in Feb of 2006 when I decided to return to writing fan fics I wanted to rewrite my old story, but of course update it. Hence how I incoporated all the backstory on Alyssa and Nick.

2) How long did it take you to write this entire story?
Well, I'm still working on it, but I started it in Feb 2006 and I'm trying to finish it by the end of summer *crosses fingers* Problem is I keep having to split chapters so it takes longer. So far its been like a year ad a half which is the longest I've stood by ANY story.

3) Give us a summary different from the one you have posted on AC, with a few more spoilers to make people tune in.
Oh god... I'm really bad at summaries, but I'll try.

When Alyssa Martinelli has a chance encounter with her ex boyfriend and fiancee Nick Carter and they decide to remain friends, Alyssa never expects any problems to arise. All of a sudden, old feelings begin to arise and things quickly grow complicated the closer they get to each other. Only problem is that the both of them are two different people now, each wanting two very differet things. Can they make things work again between them?

Ok yea that was pretty lame, but ehh its one of those stories that you just have to read lol Its too broad for a summary.

4) If you could cast this story as a movie who would play the main roles and why?
You know its funny because when I read a fic I can say Oh ok if this was a movie I'd have this person play that character... But seriously in my own stories I really don't do that. I write my own characters as just original people, so this is a REALLY hard question for me. Obviously Nick would play himself lol. Alyssa? That's hard... Can't think of many brunette actresses the right age sadly. Maybe Jennifer Love Hewitt or Ann Hathaway or maybe Jamie Lynn Sigler? Lol I'm open for suggestions!

5) Have you ever thought of giving up on the story and if you did what made you continue to work on it?
At times I feel like trashing it, especially when I get very busy and don't have the time to write. Then when I come back it sounds just so silly. Usually rereading the story helps me fall back in love with it or focusing on my future plans for it.

6) What was your writing process? (Outline, make it up as you go along, the characters wrote it, I am Tonja and plagerized lol)
Ok, you got me! LOL I'm Tonja in disguise lol j/k Seriously I'm a big outliner, but I mostly do it in my head (sometimes on paper) I like to work from the inside out. So first I thnk up of my main events and then link them together with smaller events. Eventually everything fits together like a puzzle and it flows pretty good from arc to arc in the story. That's how it works for me at least.

7) Who was your favorite character in this story and why?
Obviously both Alyssa and Nick. I myself am amazed with the chemistry the two of them have. Its so much fun writing playful coversations between the two. The dialogue just seems to flow really easy between them and I think the readers really connect. Of course I love all my characters though. I've been told that as a whole all my characters are pretty well developed, so to me they all seem like real people.

You had to know this was coming, who was your least favorite?
Again... This is REALLY hard because I love all my characters lol. Even my villans (which in this story I don't really have any. I think that the biggest villans in this story are the flaws that each of the main characters need to face unless you consider Stephanie and Katie villans) aren't like completely bad I feel. Stephanie is actually fun to write cuz in some ways she reminds me of my own sister (only not as slutty and messed up) and with Katie even though she's the "other woman" I tried to write her story as sympatheticall y as possible, so she wasn't just some girl at a bar that Nick slept with and got pregnant like 47567 million other stories. I think most of my readers prolly still hate her because thats what we're conditioned to do, but she's a lil different I guess if I had to pick Howie and Brian are the hardest characters for me to write personally, so that's why they are hardly in the story.

9) Are all the boys in this one? If not why did you choose to exclude them?

They are all in the story at some point or another. Nick obviously is the main character and the story mostly focuses on him. All the other guys make their cameos as well though. AJ at one point dated Alyssa's sister and he pops up every now and then and hangs out with Nick and Alyssa. Kevin is playing a very integral part as of right now since I'm getting into how his leaving the group may have impacted Nick. Howie and Brian like I said are the hardest to write. Howie shows up in a scene where they all go out one night clubbing when Alyssa visits Nick in LA and Brian has one conversation with Nick after Kevin announces that he and his wife are having a baby and he senses that Nick is taking it hard cuz it brings up bad memories of Katie and her baby. Got to work on getting the two of them in more... LOL

10) If we like this story...then we'd love what story? (Could be by you or someone else) and obviously tell us why lol

Another toughie... Typically a lot of my readers also tend to like Teri's Nothings Impossible Series (Accidentally in Love, Somewhere I Belong, Always Something) I guess in some ways they are similair (besides he fact that both our mai characters are named Alyssa LOL) Like we have I guess similair thematic elements and styles. We both try to incoporate some humor into what we write. And of course we beta each others work so that definitely has influence. So yea... If you like Teri's stories, you'll like mine only mine have a lot less sex in them LOL

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: Featured Story Surveys
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2007, 08:16:03 AM »

May - Children Like Me by Mersey
http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8302

I dont think there's any huge secret that no one knows, lol. I remember confinding in Maria a lot, because it is afterall, meant to be a surprise for Mare...so I bet whatever insecurities I have about this one, I had ran it over with Maria at least, lol.

Not as long as most of my multi chaptered stories tend to stretch, lol. I'm surprised myself, lol...maybe because it's a little AU and I had help with new characters to play with the boys that did it for me. I don't know, but this is one of those fics that just screamed to be written, and fast!

3) Give us a summary different from the one you have posted on AC, with a few more spoilers to make people tune in.

Ok well, this is what I wrote as summary on my own site: A chanced meeting with a stranger revealed something shocking about his life. When Nick thought he was going crazy, everything fell into place. Just who are Sam and Dean Winchester and what's this about his destiny?

4) If you could cast this story as a movie who would play the main roles and why?
hehehe...the person who plays Nick will have to be someone who is still undiscovered. A struggling actor wanting to make it big. I want my movie (ahem) to be the one that launched his career.

5) Have you ever thought of giving up on the story and if you did what made you continue to work on it?
Nope, not this one, thankfully! phew!

6) What was your writing process? (Outline, make it up as you go along, the characters wrote it, I am Tonja and plagerized lol)
I made sure i wrote at least 3 pages a day. the story kind of play out on itself. I just know what to write next and how it's going to be done. I'm very pleased with how smooth things went for this one. I wish this is the case for all my fics.

This may come as a surprise...my fav character in this story is Kevin. He's not physically in it 90% of the time, but he's a constant in my mind as i wrote  it, because I want his presence there even when he wasn't. When i write Nick's thought process, I always made sure he's always thinking of Kevin. He might not have to say it out loud every 5 minutes, but i made sure his thoughts on Kevin come across at least once in every chapter, to show just how big an influence Kevin is in Nick's life even when he wasn't there.

Cool You had to know this was coming, who was your least favorite?
I can't say it's a least fav character, more like the least favorite to write...when Nick and/or Sam has visions of the YED and the kid. I found myself struggling to write those and in a way, it made me hate writing about the YED, lol.

They're all in it, even Kevin 

10) If we like this story...then we'd love what story? (Could be by you or someone else) and obviously tell us why lol
Well, this IS a crossover...so if you liked this story, chances are, you'd like Starbeamz4's Monster In The Closet. It's a Brian/Baylee/Supernatural fic so far. Not sure if the other boys are going to make an appearance in the future. But so far, I'm liking Brian's thought process. It's  WIP.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2007, 08:17:41 AM »

June - Not Your Average Cinderella Story by Honey
http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8205

Cindy is based off of a real life friend of mine who spent some time with her mom in a battered women's shelter hiding from her father until he was finally arrested for attempted murder. She is a tough case like Cindy and every bit the potty mouth, but when she lets you in she's this sweet caring person and you can't help but love her.

From the time I got the idea to the time I finished the story was just about 3 months. (I was pretty manic at the time -lol)

When a white trash princess meets a pop star prince her world quickly goes from bad to worse to "fucking fairytale". When the Backstreet Boys get towed into Cindy's life she gets way more than broken down BMW. She gains, a best friend, a father, an arch enemy, a prince charming, some "sexy underwear", and most importantly, freedom.

oh man that's tough. How do you cast Cindy? Obviously the Boys would be the Boys and for Danny I always pictured Shane West. I don't know why, he just seemed to fit the part. John is more of a... well Kevin actually... I guess since I didn't write him in, he could have John's part in the movie. Cindy is harder cause she's based off of someone I know in real life. I never pictured her as anyone else.

Acutally no. I loved writing every page of this story. I was a bit nervous to do it because I'd never tried anything dark before. (and this isn't really that dark -lol) But I spit it out so fast that there was never any time to think about giving up. I wish they were all like that!

LMAO TONJA!!!  Actually I LOVE outlines! Can't write without them, but the characters always end up taking over.

That's actually a toss up between Cindy and Leighanne actually. They just complimented each other so well. Kind of like Sam and Dean Winchester, only not anywhere near as brilliant (or hot.)

Cool You had to know this was coming, who was your least favorite?

Actually it was Howie. Not because I don't like him cause he's actually my second fave behind Brian, but he's just so hard to write. I never knew if I was doing him justice or not. Love him but he drives me crazy because I can't ever really get into his head.

I left Kevin out because I was just curious what what the story would feel like without him. Subconsciously preparing myself for the Backstreet Four I guess. But he's in both of my current stories so, gone but not forgotten!

well if you loved this story, then I wouldn't necessarily recommend any of my others -lol because it's drastically different from anything else I've written. But! I was inspired  to write it after reading Sarah's (starbeamz2) "Once Upon A Time" It's also a wonderful  version of the Cinderella fairytale! I love it tons!   SO... If you liked Not Your Average Cinderella Story, then you might just LOVE Once Upon A Time by Starbeamz2 so go check it out!  *coughs* Sarah UPDATE!!!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2007, 04:38:04 PM »

July - Pandora's Box by Nicksgal

http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=6894

1) Tell us one thing about your story that no one else knows? Hmmmm.... I'd say how it's going to end and what it was inspired by... But since it's not finished, that's a secret.

2) How long did it take you to write this entire story? Well, I started writing it on September 25, 2005 and I'm still writing it. I think I may have to pull an all weekender after finals and finish it up... I do have chapter forty-six almost completed... Then only four left... Aside from my revamping of course...

3) Give us a summary different from the one you have posted on AC, with a few more spoilers to make people tune in. Ah geez... And I was really happy with how finite the summary got...

A war plagued by war and sadness.

A place of only unending darkness.

A box that held them all in chains.

A woman who would rather eat cake and worry about exams was thrust into this world of only shadows and she came upon a demon tortured beyond all reprieve. The legendary Pandora... The one who must open the box and rescue them all. But, how would the world be saved when they were thrust against their comrades and the mysterious God loomed over them?

What would they remember when the box was opened? What would they lose and gain? And how much would they suffer?

Well, there's a reason I finally settled on the summary I did.  I hate spoilers.

Hmmmmm.... Well the Boys would play themselves... and so would their adversaries... As for Minako and Renee... I don't really know. I used paintings to depict the priestesses anyway, so I don't really have a clear "celebrity image" of who they ought to be.

5) Have you ever thought of giving up on the story and if you did what made you continue to work on it?  You had to ask this question... More times than I can count, particularly when I wanted to give up on writing all together. But, it's almost done so... I want to make it fabulous. Rewritign the beginning is really rekindling my love for it. I guess what made me continue was that in the beginning I was writing it for me... But for everyone, because of it's hidden message... And I guess in my deepest hopes, I still wanted everyone to love it just as much as I did. So, it needs to be finished for everyone to understand it liek I do.

6) What was your writing process? (Outline, make it up as you go along, the characters wrote it, I am Tonja and plagerized lol) I am Tonja and I plagarized. Kidding... It just sort of appeared in my head one day and I wrote it as I went. I've known how it would end by about half way actually, so... ironically enough I did finally write down my ideas for the end. But otherwise, it jsut kind of comes as I go. I never ouline an entire chapter though, just the basic ideas. So the dialogue and individual events is all on the spot.

7) Who was your favorite character in this story and why? It's a toss up between Nick and Renee, because they both have so many facets to them. They're interesting.

8 ) You had to know this was coming, who was your least favorite? God... Because I can still never figure him out fully.

9) Are all the boys in this one? If not why did you choose to exclude them? Yup, all the Boys are in it.  They have to be, the stroy wouldn't work otherwise.

10) If we like this story...then we'd love what story? (Could be by you or someone else) and obviously tell us why lol Hmmmm.... I'd say anything by Watase-sensei. My favorite is Ayashi no Ceres ("Ceres: Celestial Legend" in America)... But PBox is probably a lot more like Fushigi Yuugi. They're comics though... So I doubt you would love them.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2007, 05:02:06 PM »

August - By My Side by Julie

http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8030

I was gonna say "the ending," LOL, but that's not exactly telling you something, is it?  Um... how about this:  The outline for it, which I have saved as a Word doc, is currently 22 pages long.  It's probably been even longer than that, but I've taken some stuff out that isn't relevant anymore.

I've been writing it since March 2004, and it's still going.  It's getting close to being done, though, so I'll probably finish it this year.

Critical illness tends to complicate relationships, but in Nick and Claire's case, it brought them together.  Now, in the aftermath, their growing relationship must face the challenges of everday life and the reality of their two very different lifestyles.  They say relationships based on intense experiences never work, but when theirs falls apart, it just may take a few more intense experiences to bring them back together.

(Okay, now here's my author's note:  It sounds like a romance, and it IS a romance, but there's really more to it than that.  It's not all fluff and petty couple issues.  There's a lot of drama too - hopefully the realistic type, not just melodrama for the sake of it.  So I hope no one will avoid it just because it's a romance, especially if you liked Broken.  If you know me, you know that I get bored by romance without some major drama and angst included, so expect drama and angst too LOL.)

For Nick, I have NO idea.  The best choice would be him LOL, and if not him, maybe someone like Ryan Phillippe, cause he's a good actor and does anger/angst well LOL (and he's hot!), but he might be too old.  I don't know of any younger actors that would fit the part, so I'm gonna pass on that one LOL.

For Claire, Bryce Dallas Howard because she's got the look, Scarlett Johansson because she's got the casual, cool vibe, or Rachel McAdams because she's a fantastic actress and could fit her personality too.

For Jamie, Shane West because he can play a jerk well and does a great smirk.  Joaquin Phoenix would be my second choice because he's such a great actor, and he sort of has the look.

For Laureen, I'm kinda blanking again... I dunno.  Probably an unknown that I'd discover through auditions.

For the rest of the Boys, I'm just gonna cheat and say I would want them to play themselves.    It's seriously hard to think of actors who would do them justice!  It's too weird to imagine them portrayed by anyone else LOL.

Nope, never.  It's my baby.  Only before I actually started did I think I might never get through it because I have a horrible track record with sequels LOL, but here I am, almost done with it!  The end is in sight.  It's been pretty easy to write, for the most part.

LMAO I always enjoy the end of this question.   I've used an outline, for the most part.  I planned out the major events of the story before I even started it, and I have stuck with all of those.  The minor stuff in between, I have kinda made up and changed along the way.  I've added subplots and characters I didn't plan originally, and some characters have become more important or less important than I intended, so in that way, the characters and the story kinda wrote itself, but there was still a lot of planning that went into the overal story arc.

Aw, it's gotta be Nick; I love Nick anyway, and I like the character he has developed into throughout Broken and this story.  He's my favorite to write about.

8 ) You had to know this was coming, who was your least favorite?

I'm gonna group the whole Carter Clan into one and say them.  Nick's family.  I write about them as little as possible and much less than in Broken even because I can't stand writing about them LOL.  It's too hard not to exaggerate them, and yet I find them so much more fun to write about when they're crazy and dysfunctional than when they're "normal," so I've just started avoiding them altogether LOL.

Yep.  They're not in it as much as they were in Broken, but they're there.  The reason they're not in it as much is because they're not really a part of the main storyline.  They're just a subplot.  Usually their parts are just there for filler and don't move the story along much, so to force out Bsb parts that have no real point just seemed like a waste of time and pages for me, so I didn't bother.  The story's long enough as it is LOL.  But there are some good Bsb parts, so never fear.

"Cover Me With Dreams" by Heidi - http://www.covermewithdreams.com/cmwd.html
I read this story for the first time when I was nearing the end of Broken, and it was a HUGE inspiration to me when writing BMS.  I had already decided to write a sequel, but I drew a lot of inspiration from CMWD when it came to the romance/relationship aspect of the story, since that is not something I'd really written as the main focus of a story before (not WELL, anyway LOL).  It's a romance/drama, like BMS, and tells the story of Bsb coming together, as well as how the main couple in it came together.  It's more Backstreet-oriented than BMS and a far better story than I could ever hope to write, in my opinion.  Definitely read it!

One other thing I wanna say... in case you don't know, "By My Side" is actually a sequel to my story "Broken."  So if you haven't read Broken, I would HIGHLY recommend reading that before you tackle this one.  Otherwise you'll be missing out on some key plot points and character development.  If it's okay with Mare, I have no problem with anyone reading Broken instead of BMS this month and posting feedback on that here.  The two stories go together, so we can kinda discuss both - BMS for the people who have already read it or have read Broken and are going to read it, and Broken for those who haven't read that and want something new to read.

Here's the link to Broken: http://accidentalchaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=5354

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2007, 08:39:13 PM »

September - Proving them Wrong by Starbeamz

http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=7936

It was inspired by a mix of the story “A Tale of Two Popstars” and Nick’s song “I Got You” LOL I don’t think there’s anything else I can tell you without giving a LOT away

I started it at the end of June of 2006, and it’s taken me the longest to write this one. I think it’s only got maybe ten chapters to go. It definitely wasn’t supposed to take this long…Oh, well!

Ooh, this is hard.  “Two celebrities team up to help each other climb to the top of the entertainment world.  Avoiding the paparazzi, an evil twin who will stop at nothing to ruin their lives, and falling in love with the absolute WRONG person, Autumn and Nick must pull off Oscar-worthy roles while trying to protect each other and their little girl from those who want nothing more than to see them at the bottom…”

Eek. That sucked BIG. I don’t know how to add spoilers without just giving the whole thing away, so that’s all you’ll get LOL

I guess I’d obviously have the Boys play themselves even though not all of them are stellar actors LOL As for Autumn, I’d say Mia Maestro, but only because I love her to pieces! If I could I’d cast my ridiculously smart two and a half year old cousin to play Lily.

5) Have you ever thought of giving up on the story and if you did what made you continue to work on it? Oh, absolutely, I’ve thought of just dropping it. I still was, but then it became the Featured Story, and I would feel guilty if I didn’t keep writing. Honestly, if I didn’t finish it now, though, it would just bother me for the longest time. I like to finish what I start, so that, and the readers!, are what convinces me to keep working.

I start all my stories with a rough mental outline and, as I write, the characters tend to lead me or I’ll have random brainstorms, etc. This story was only meant to be 20 chapters long, and it’s currently at 44, so you can see that it just got out of my control!

Lily. I love kids, and I love writing her. I love how Nick is with her, and the way she brings people together (for example: the way she glued Brian and Nick back together as they bonded over both being fathers). What a cutie pie! Also, she gave me the least amount of grief and demands LOL

Liz. I really wish I hadn’t had her date Nick, but it would be too weird to go back and edit everything, so she’ll always be the whiny best friend who dated Autumn’s now-husband LOL She was a mistake, which is not so nice of me to say, but it’s true.

As much as possible, they’re in this. I’ve had moments with all of them, even Kevin. It would just be strange for me to not include them because Nick’s job is being a Backstreet Boy, so of course they’re a part of his life and must show up somewhere in the story.

Like I said before, “A Tale of Two Popstars” inspired this story, and it’s much better written than mine is. It’s a great story, and I read and re-read it all the time! It’s just got all the elements of a story that were sure to suck me in: drama, angst, humor, romance, and the Boys LOL It’s just a fabulously written story, and I love, love, love it!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2007, 09:43:40 PM »

October - Hawk and a Handsaw by Julilly

http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8126

1) Tell us one thing about your story that no one else knows? For any literature buffs out there I'm sure you noticed that the title is a quote from Hamlet. Brian's character seems to be somewhat crazy to those on the outside, but in reality is actually seeing a lot more of life than the rest of us, much like I believe Hamlet did. "I am but mad north-north-west: when the wind is southerly I know a hawk from a handsaw."

2) How long did it take you to write this entire story? It's not quite finished yet! Well, let me rephrase, it's not quite typed out yet. This idea actually developed fairly quickly for me, and it was only a few days before I had the entire thing mapped.

3) Give us a summary different from the one you have posted on AC, with a few more spoilers to make people tune in. What makes a real friend? Is it someone who would lie, cheat, and steal for you? Someone who would die for you? Or is it someone who would put their life on the line for you even after you had passed? Brian thought he was crazy, no, he knew he was crazy. It had been a year since Nick was murdered yet he could hear him, see him, sense him everywhere. He had to be crazy because no one could see the dead, there was no such thing as ghosts. He had to continue his quest to find Nick's murderer, trying to open himself up to the possibility that he may need a little spiritual assistance. 

4) If you could cast this story as a movie who would play the main roles and why? These are hard! I suppose that if I was casting a movie based on H&H I would have Jonathan Rhys Meyers play the character of Nick. The reason for this being that because Nick does not have a corporal body he has to express himself through what is written on his face, and what comes out of his mouth rather than being physical. Brian would be played by John Cusack, because it would have to be an actor who has both an aggressive, and emotional side. Valerie would be played by Jessica Alba. She is a character who is strong, and independant and also has a side to her that no one might expect, or see coming, a secret that she carries with her only slightly hidden behind the exterior.

5) Have you ever thought of giving up on the story and if you did what made you continue to work on it? I've never thought about giving up on the story. I haven't been as dedicated as I would like to be, and I have found it increasingly more difficult to find the words to say to make a good chapter but I've always wanted to finish it, it's a goal to see the last chapter finished.

6) What was your writing process? (Outline, make it up as you go along, the characters wrote it, I am Tonja and plagerized lol) My writing process is fairly straight forward. I have a notebook. As I think of ideas I write them down to look back at later, to brainstorm off of. Once I pick one that is decent I develop it because sometimes you can get a great idea that maybe won't last long enough to really be entertaining, so I find the beginning/middle/end and make sure I would know how I would work out any plot holes. Then I break it down by chapter, and know what is going to happen roughly in each chapter, just so I don't stray and get myself confused. Then comes sitting at the computer and typing it up (the most difficult stage, I have to say), and finally there's editing/spell check, and posting to the site. From time to time I will write a couple of chapters before I post anything just so I don't get people's hopes up then take forever to write again. lol.

7) Who was your favorite character in this story and why? I love Brian in this story. Even though I find that Nick is complex, and is more of the centre of attention throughout the whole thing there's just something about Brian that I just love. He goes through so many stages of emotions, from hating Nick, to hating himself, to loving Nick again and his passion for his friend draws me to him. He puts Nick whose life is already over before his own just because he loves him.

8 ) You had to know this was coming, who was your least favorite? Toni... honestly I didn't really know what to do with her. I had written her in as a character but hadn't really done much to develop her so once I had to write as her (which no one has seen yet ) I found her to be very lacklustre.

9) Are all the boys in this one? If not why did you choose to exclude them? They are IN it, but they don't all play a very big role. I didn't want this to be a "team" type story because well, it would have been very messy. Since the majority of the fic is spent with people sneaking around, trying to find out information, and being very much a private eye it would have been awfully difficult to have to find things for all 5 boys and extras to do. Plus I found that it might be kind of unbelievable that out of everyone in the world it was those 4 people who could see Nick. It seemed more likely in my little universe that there would only be a select few.

10) If we like this story...then we'd love what story? (Could be by you or someone else) and obviously tell us why lol Hmm, well to be honest I don't read a whole lot of suspense fanfic... but I read a LOT of suspense fiction. So if I had to tell you what book you might like if you liked this I would tell you to go to the library and take out "The Righteous Men" by Sam Bourne, it's a terrific suspense novel... BUT if I were telling you what fic you would enjoy I would say Shadow Woods by Mare (http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=5902) and that's not just because I'm sucking up  It's a thousand times more funny than anything I could ever conjure up, but at the same time you're on the edge of your seat needing to click that next button and find out what's coming around the next bend.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2007, 05:10:13 PM »

November - Somewhere I Belong by Teri

http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=7955&warning=4

YAY!!! *mimic sally field* you like me you really really like me! LOL Thank you!

Oooh. When I began writing SWIB the sequel to Accidentally In Love, I never ever expected it to become as long as it had. Or as dramatic. And spoiler alert....Brand on, I hadn't expected to evolve him into the character he became it was quite surprising. But then again my characters love to pull crap like that. Ali is really a complex girl, she's smart yet does stupid stuff sometimes, she's pretty but doesn't think she's anything really, has a good career and a man who loves her dearly lol. Okay that was a big tangent but I guess one thing no one knows is that I didn't realize how complex my characters were UNTIL my awesome Beta Tri pointed that out.

About a year, I was really sick during the chapters of 15-25 so it took a while to get it all out there. But I'm glad it did. I think AS is going to take even longer!

Oooh ok...

Hot on the heels of a breakup Alyssa Monroe strives to prove to everyone and most importantly Nick that she can take care of herself, but what happens when she meets someone who she can have the same type of friendship she had with Nick way back when? Will she falter when she's faced with the hardest test of trust with her relationship with Nick?

Horrid I know but if I say much more lol it'll give everything away!

Alyssa: Kim Smith, a model/actress (known for being in Bye Bye Bye and other music videos) is the actual physical inspiration for my Alyssa and personality wise I would choose Rachel McAdams or Jennifer Garner (she's a lil too old though lol!)

The boys as themselves OF course!

Kellie: Kate Bosworth because she just reminds me of that classy Hollywood fashionista type that Kellie embodies.

Lori: Alyson Hannigan cause she's HILARIOUS

Mary: Susan Sarandon! Cause I totally love her and she'd be the ultimate Mary.

Clark and Olivia: Josh Duhamel and Charisma Carpenter, they sorta look like they could be Alyssa's siblings and I can totally see them having the types of conversations they do!

I got really sick in October/November of 2006 so like I was giving up everything but less than a month later I was back writing it again I couldn't part with the storyline. I love it too much!

*Sigh* Tonja how we don't miss thee! LOL I normally have an outline in my head but lately I've been writing it out and I think that's what making AS into the long story it will be.

I'd say Alyssa, but really it's Nick he's just the perfect guy in this not really perfect he definitely has flaws but I love how he and Alyssa fit together perfectly LOL They fight, they argue, they screw around with each other lol but at the end of the day they love each other through and through.

BRANDON LOL! Ya'll will understand he was hard to write and he out ranked Aaron which lets face it Aaron is super duper hard to write too!

All the boys make appearances because well they are a huge part of Nick's life and showing them hanging out, outside of recording or just goofing off in the studio is the things I love to write about, I really truly think they are a family and so it's important to me to include them!

Ohh I'm gonna say since mine is a series Nothing's Impossible you may like the other stories in it but the main one not written by me that most of my readers also read are Hearts Don't Lie series by Tri and UMS by Mel. They're both amazing stories and writers and I'm lucky to have them both as my betas!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2007, 04:14:50 PM »

December - Yesterday's Blue Skies

http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=2422

When I came up with the title for this story I had no idea what it meant (would mean), the words just came to my head and I just had to find a way to include the meaning in the story later. Okay maybe mare and mersey already knew this but then I don’t think there’s anything about this story that mersey and mare don’t know except how’s going to end and you don’t want me telling that, do you?

Considering that the story isn’t finished yet I guess we can say that ‘way too long’, but the main part of the story was written over the course of a year. This story was so different from everything I’ve written before in so many ways, not only because of the sci-fi factor but because I prefer writing short stories and I usually write them very fast (I have experienced writers blocks that last years but when a story comes I’m one of those authors that’s always saying that the story writes itself), so this story was completely different for me because there were so many things to check, especially because of the language… in other words I never thought when I started that this story wouldn’t be finished by now.

Oh yay to this question because anything will be better than the summary I posted. I’ve wanted to change it for so long but I really don’t believe in changing things once they are posted (other than grammar, spelling, punctuaction and things like that).

How about: Sometime in a distant future planet Earth is no more than just a memory for the surviving members of the human race. It will be up to five boys with a written destiny to bring back yesterday’s blue skies, but trying to stay together as a family will be the toughest challenge that will come in their way.

Too cheesy, right? lol

Oh it would have to be undiscovered talent since I would like to have actors that really look like the boys (good actors). There’s a secondary character that I wrote with the image of Michael Vartan in mind (Jeff) but I saw Michael Vartan the other day and he is way too old for the role now since Jeff is supposed to be 19 when he first appears in the story. So if there’s a new guy in Hollywood that looks like Michael Vartan when he was in his early 20’s he gets the part.

Contrary to what people may think, seeing that it’s taking me so long to finish it, I never wanted to give up on the story and still have two half written chapters somewhere that never managed to finish and post. I really really wish that things weren’t as complicated as they are in my life right now but then, even when my life was far from being complicated I never managed to spend the right amount of time writing this story (I’m just not good with schedules). Hopefully I’ll manage to find some time in a near future.

I hope I will be able to remember how things were when I started because it was so long ago. Like most of my stories, and I’ve already said it (original fiction since I haven’t written more than a couple of fanfics), the story practically wrote itself. From out of nowhere this spaceship with the boys appeared in my head. I think that the younger versions of the characters (some of the flashbacks) were more clear for me when I started writing it and I guess that’s why people seem to like the flashbacks the most. During the first chapters I had no idea where the story was going. Now I know how I want to end it (I have known it for a while) but that might change in the process. Mersey was kind enough to help me with every chapter, correcting the gramar and editing them for me, but if you find mistakes don’t blame her because sometimes I would change/add some things minutes before posting the chapter since there’s always that ‘scene’ that comes to your mind in the last minute or the piece of dialogue that doesn’t seem right for the character and you just have to change, etc.

I have to say Kevin. He was probably the most complicated to write from the three main ones too (although I see it as a group story I focused it more on Kevin, Nick and AJ) but I think he is coming up like an interesting character, heroic but with a ‘jerk’ side too.

He doesn’t appear in the story that much but I’ve come to realize that I don’t like the boys’ father that much. And yes, I just had to go back to my story to find his name because I didn’t even remember his name was Ryan.

Yep, they are all in this one.

I can’t recommend sci-fi stories because believe it or not I haven’t read more than a couple (I do like sci-fi movies though, big Star Wars fan here) and that was so long ago that it would be really difficult to find them but how about an AU? Do you girls like cowboy stories? Because Refuse has one that I remember reading long time ago and I really liked, it’s called “A Matter of Family”. The bad thing is that it isn’t finished and hasn’t been updated in forever but then if you are not hating my story for not being finished then you might want to give this one a try. By the way I always wanted to write a cowboy AU, in fact I started one at some point but I need to finish this story before even considering posting that one and I guess that answers the question about why I’m recommeding Refuse's story, I simply love the idea of the boys as cowboys   lol

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2008, 06:12:57 PM »

January - Just Another Day by Rose
http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8180

Um....that no one else knows? Probably the fact that it was supposed to originally be in solely Cally's point of view, but I'd been itching to try my hand at being Nick, so I threw him in.

Yeesh *goes to look* only seven months, quickest one I ever wrote, it flowed scarily well actually.

Oh lord... um....

Meet Calypso Lynn Rayne, odd name but very normal girl, who never could manage to stand out in any crowd, living a life she herself is bored with. She wants change, yet never tries to do so. Always feeling invisible to those around her. Meet Nickolas Gene Carter, lead singer of rock group Flames of Ice, known by everyone. He lives a life of fame and fortune yet feels likes all of it is nothing, that no one can really see him.

Watch as two people from opposite worlds collide in ways no one could have ever predicted.

Well for Cally I always had Melissa Joan Hart in mind, she has that normal look I always pictured, all it'd take is a bit of a weight gain and glasses really. Or someone along that line. I'd want her to look normal, but still pretty in her unique way. I don't want omg stunning looks, it goes against the nature of the story itself.

For Nick? Gah, possibly Shane West. He could pull off the whole rockstar thing pretty well.

Yes! Lord I hit I think chapter 15 and just got frustrated and wanted to throw it out the window lol. I took a small break, worked on say 00Carter, and then looked at it again, reread it, which helped renew my love for writing that one.

I'm Tinja! Tonja's twin! lol.

I don't do major outlining (except 00Carter but hello major collab so yeah...anywho). I had my character bios, and my major ideas for the story with an idea of where and when, but the rest is in my head. I just had a mental image for how it'd all go.

Honestly it's Nick. He's so random and just quirky, and I just adored getting in his head. Which is funny cause I thought Cally would be easier but it was Nick who was easier to write.

Sadly Brian, I love the boy, really. He's just so cute. But he's hard to write as a character and my struggle to write the most.

They make appearances, but the ones in it the most were AJ, Brian, and Nick. But I tried to at least have them in it a tiny bit.

Um, either the sequel, Glitz and Glamour, cause it's the sequel, but a separate story in its own right. Or....If We Were a Movie by Kelly. Just Another Day is a little fluffy and Kelly's is fluffy but it's good fluff, fun fluff with comical and a cute story to tell.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2008, 11:14:06 AM »

February 2008 - Learning to Trust by Ashley
http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=1258&warning=4

It is the first long story, as well as the first BSB fan fic I have ever started and finished. It was a start to a long line of dark, drama filled novels...even though in my life, it is anything but dark...my stories and my personalities are complete opposites.

Hmmm...probabl y 8 months to a year. I went through writers block periods where I went a bit without posting, but all in all, the writing process went smoothly. Its actually the first long story I have ever finished, so it is special to me in that aspect

When Amber is raped, shot, and left for dead, she feels her life is over when her parents disown her and her friends abandon her. She finds the comfort of a few famous faces there for her through everything, taking her in and caring for her in her time of need. Between Nick winning her over, to AJ trying way to hard to win the distraught girls affections, Amber feels overwhelmed and out of control. Will a suicide attempt be the end of the close bonds she has developed or will it just make her realize now, more than ever, that true friends never stray?

4) If you could cast this story as a movie who would play the main roles and why? Well, of COURSE BSB as themselves! lol. Maybe Amanda Bynes as Amber...althou gh this is a darker role than what she normally plays!

All of the time I think of giving up on stories! But I get ideas and I guess it is an inside guilt of not finishing something I started...and boy, is the feeling of finishing a long novel-type satisfying and great when it is finally finished. Its really an accomplishment .

I mostly wrote it as I went along, outlined a few chapters about half way through and well, sometimes I write the last few chapters before the middle ones so I know where I want to end up...or have something to kind of aim towards, and then revise the ending as needed (if needed) to fit everything leading up to it.

Probably Nick because he had this special connection with Amber and she actually trusted him above all the others...he didn't force her, was gentle, and was just there when SHE was ready.

Haha...Ambers mother, definitely...f or disowning her daughter after a rape...and then coming around when she saw that her daughter was around a lot of 'money' and fame. Next, AJ...but he is the type that ya have to love too in this story. Although he was pushy about getting with Amber at first....he meant well...and all worked out in the end.

All of them are in it to some degree.

By me....Not So Bad (lol)...I know it is a little drawn out, but with cancer, it can be drawn out...and with Michael being such a little shit...its kind of seeing if he caves towards the end of his fathers life. You'll have to read to see what I mean if you haven't already!

By someone else - If Tomorrow Never Comes - Monkey Abu. It's very heart felt and touching...and extremely emotional. But my gosh, you'll be addicted! I know I am. I would get online at work 5 times a day to see if there would be an update for me to read when I got home..or on a lunch break! haha

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2008, 08:45:05 PM »

March 2008

Prevailing Fate by Nijntje and ARokObsession
http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=5249

Njintje's answers

Hmm.. that's a difficult first question to answer without giving too much away..
Maybe that it started out as a massive forum collaboration. Like I'd write one sentence/paragraph and someone else was supposed to continue and so on and on. But since we were the only two actually writing it, it soon became our story.

And if you knew that, then you really don't know this (except if you're my awesome co-writer lol):
The letters, which are mentioned near the end of the story.. we have written them. They might end up in some sort of companion piece..

I'm actually not that sure.. I'd say 2 years and about 4 months?? Maybe A-rok Obsession (A-rok from now on for short lol) has kept record of that.

When Nick tells his bandmates, his brothers, about the fight he has been avoiding, they push him to do everything it takes to survive. While he does, they each face their own demons and battles on their own. Every single action seems to make things worse between them and they feel their friendship is slipping through their hands. At one point they not only wonder if Nick is going to make it through. Brian, A.J., Kevin,  Nick and Howie are not sure their bond is really that unbreakable..

(I know, that doesn't contain that much spoilers...)

Like A-rok states below me.. I'd love it if the guys could play themselves, but since that will never happen lol..

I'd like Milo Ventimiglia to be AJ (Peter Petrelli from Heroes)
Mark-Paul Gosselaar as Brian (He was Zack in Saved by the bell and later in NYPD I think)
Matthew Fox as Kevin (Jack from Lost)
Chris Evans as Nick (Chris played the Harvard Hottie in The Nanny Diaries)
Wenthworth Miller as Howie (Michael from Prison Break)

Why? Well, besides their obvious acting talent, I enjoy watching them (a.k.a. in my opinion they are pretty handsome lol). They are a bit older than our guys, but hey, can't help that lol 

Hell yeah.. especially when at one point people (not my co-writer btw) kept on pushing me to update soon etc etc when I was sick for quite some time and had a lot of stuff going on. I was ready to give it up and leave all of the writing up to A-rok. I'm glad I didn't though! Writing PF was so much fun!

Actually, it was mostly > I-think-I'm-gonna-torture-my-co-writer-by-ending-my-part/chapter-in-such-a-way-that-it-will-be-a-big-challenge-to-continue-it. 

In other words, we didn't have any outline whatsoever. We never really discussed where the story should be going or how it should end. We did discuss some of the major decisions though, but mostly I(or she) would write a chapter/a few paragraphs, e-mailed them to the other, waited for feedback from the other and so on. At times it was really challenging, but that was exactly what I liked about writing with A-rok.

Hmm that's hard.. Kevin and Brian I think.. Although I also really liked writing Howie. It wasn't easy to get 'inside his head', but when I finally managed to, I thought it was a very soothing place to be 

AJ. Well, not really my least favorite.. But for me, he was the hardest character to write.. I am sooo different from him (or the him we know), so it took me ages to kinda think like him. In my opinion A-rok nailed his character though.
Other than him, I really didn't like Leighanne in this story.. Most times she appears, she annoys the hell out of me.

Yes, they are. Some have more page-time than others though.. but we really tried to have all of them show you their thoughts and feelings throughout the story.

Gosh.. I really don't know. I mean, there are a lot of great stories on AC. But while writing PF I deliberately didn't read any other medical stories in an effort to make PF a less cliché kinda story. And after, I haven't read any as well actually.
'Faceless' is a great story though.. it's not really medical, but still a great read!
And second "Searching for Mercy" by Honey.. Not very medical as well, but it is about friendships that have gone sour or completely bad and how they try to fix things.

Arok's answers:

1) hmmm, i guess a lot of the scenes we ended up with were totally different than what we had mapped out. lol. and we did bat around the idea of a completely different ending that at one point, i think we were gonna go with, then decided not to. also, for those not on DLS, this story started out as a forum challenge, you know, anyone who wanted to post a new chap could do so and nijntje and i ended up taking over and, voila...story!

2) wow, we started in 2005 and finished in 2007.

3) Everyone has their personal demons to deal with and Kevin, Howie, Brian and AJ were no exception. But when the secret Nick's been keeping is revealed to the rest of the group, resolve and walls come crumbling down. During the time their youngest brother needs them the most, all four men find themselves wrapped within their own struggles, fighting to come out on top. Can they put their past behind them to save Nick or will fate take it's course and leave them all with nothing more than a memory of what once was.

...okay, i SUCK at summaries. i apologize now...

4) hahaha, ummm, could we cast all the boys as themselves? that would freakin rock. if not, hmmm, i'm actually not too sure. leo woulda made a kick ass nicky back in the day. but damn, i'm not sure right now.

5) we went through points where it was really hard to keep going with this story, simply because life was getting in the way. lol, i mean, we both had school and jobs and it was hard to plan around that to talk about chapter ideas and what not. i know that for me, it was also hard to just get in the time to write. i did a lot of writing at work and what not but yeah, there were a few points where it got really hard but we prevailed! lol. 

6) the writing process was kinda all over the place but mainly, we'd throw ideas around and then go off of those on our own. we did a lot of e-mailing back and forth to see how the chapters were going. usually we'd make a rough outline, then either she or i would write the chapter, pass it back and forth, then give it a seal of approval or change it.

7) i have to admit that i really enjoyed writing kevin's POV during this story, just cuz there was so much to work with but aj was my fave character. i wanted to really show him going through his up's and down's and everything and it was a bit of a challenge but i loved it.

howie was difficult to weave in...just cuz i feel like i "know" him the least but i think we got a good amount of him.

9) yep, they're all in this. gotta love the brotherly love.

10) hmm, i actually can't think of any stories aside from some old school ones. like 'where can we go from here' and a lot of bobbi's stories, like 'alive'. they're stories about the boys fighting to stay together and overcome...it's always nice to see. 

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2008, 07:24:03 AM »

April 2008

Nothing Gold Can Stay by Maggie and Louise
http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=1020

Well, this one might be kind of obvious, but the story was inspired by both "The Outsiders" and the musical "West Side Story".

Oh, gosh, I can't remember.  Maybe Louise can, she's got a better memory than me.  Not more than a year, I can say that with surety; maybe less even.

Well, considering the summary on AC doesn't give away much at all (LOL)
"Like any gang, the Garrison clan look out for each other.  Life isn't easy for any of them, and the competition from the Alley Cats - the fights, expanding their territory - doesn't make it any better.  But lines are crossed, and a loved one is violated and murdered.  They won't take it sitting down."

Ooh, this one's going to take me a while, I think.  Who's either a teenager, early adulthood, or can play a part in those age groups?  Maybe Angelo Spizziri (Joel from "The Rookie" with Dennis Quaid) as Brian (I mean, seriously!!  Get a good look at that kid and tell me he doesn't look like Brian at first glance!)... I don't know much about her since her graduation from Spy Kids, but maybe Alexa Vega as Brian's girl Precious.  Maybe Ryan Phillipe as Jim (Lance).  Ooh, Hayden Christensen might make a good Harry or Texas.  Since I can't think of anyone else right off, I might leave the rest to the reader's imagination.

No, I don't believe I ever thought about giving up on Nothing Gold.  If I ever did, I just remembered how much I love The Outsiders and West Side Story and plowed through.  Of course, Louise was a great help in bouncing off ideas as we worked together.  And, I suppose, having split up the characters, sharing a couple, made it easier too.

Well, I didn't have an official outline, but I did save our chats when we would discuss the story.  There were definitely occasions that some of our characters wrote the story, I think.

I have to pick just one?

Pah!  Easy; Jason, leader of the Alley Cats.  As for why, you'll have to discover for yourself just what he does to be my least favorite.

9) Are all the boys in this one? If not why did you choose to exclude them?  Yes, all the boys are in it.  So is, believe it or not, James Lance Bass!  Brian is the only one allowed to call him "Jim," as you'll find out.  And Brian's brother Harry's in it too.

Hmm... "Drowning" by  BSB_Writer.  You can feel Brian's despair, AJ's worry and guilt that he hadn't confronted Brian earlier.   Louise's "Eclipse" and "Garden".  If it hasn't already been done, "5 Backstreet Boys In Search of a Plot".  I couldn't stop laughing for that one.  Honey's "Welcome to My Heart" (which has probably already been done, I don't know).  As for mine... "What You See is What You Get."  It's a BSB/X-Men crossover, two subjects that I happen to enjoy.  Some of it has gone through a couple of revisions and it's quite different from what I had envisioned in my head.  But don't stories usually go that way?

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2008, 05:20:23 AM »

May 2008 - A Forgotten Nightmare by LenniluvsBrian and Daydream

http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8457

1) Tell us one thing about your story that no one else knows? Hmm....Oh! It's actually a sequel to a non finished TMNT fic - lol.

2) How long did it take you to write this entire story? Couple months, if I remember correctly. Not sure - time sort of flew, & this is like the only one of about five or six we've finished - lol.

3) Give us a summary different from the one you have posted on AC, with a few more spoilers to make people tune in. *blanks momentarily*.....[insert jeopardy music here-lol]......An evil man hiding behind his intelligence, which he can't see past, tries to cause harm to the turtle clan after discovering them. He almost succeeds because of one young, hot-headed turtle who decides vengeance is more important than honor. 

4) If you could cast this story as a movie who would play the main roles and why? Um...I'm not sure, since usually TMNT is people in costumes or animated. Maybe the same people who did the latest TMNT movie - not sure of their names though - lol. [boy, I ain't sure of much am I? haha]

5) Have you ever thought of giving up on the story and if you did what made you continue to work on it? Nope, never wanted to give up on it - I wanted to jump right on into the sequel I got cooked up in my head for it, but we switched ideas all together & started another new one, instead of working on the one that's supposed to go before this one - haha.

6) What was your writing process? (Outline, make it up as you go along, the characters wrote it, I am Tonja and plagerized lol): We took turns writing a few paragraphs. We'd write until we'd get stuck, then tell the other it was her turn - it was written up on aim.

7) Who was your favorite character in this story and why? Marietta & Raph 'cause I am biased to my own character & absolutely love Raphael. But, I also love Rembrandt & his childlike innocence to everything!

8 ) You had to know this was coming, who was your least favorite? Um...the evil head scientist 'cause he was a jerk - though, we needed a bad guy - lol.

9) Are all the turtles in this one? If not why did you choose to exclude them? Yes, yes they are!!!! We couldn't very well leave one out! Heck, we added a couple more!!! Lol. We needed our brothers!!!!!  [finally got that older brother I always wanted, but never got - lol]

10) If we like this story...then we'd love what story? (Could be by you or someone else) and obviously tell us why lol: Hmm....*thinks*....I think you'd love the Rama series. It's written by Ramica over on fanfiction.net & her Rama series is freakin' Awesome!!!!! To me, she's like the Mare/Honey of TMNT fan fiction!!!! I love others too, but I've re-read her series the absolute most!!!!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2008, 09:26:45 AM »

June 2008 - Why I'd do it all Again by Mare

http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=4981

Hrmm, i'm not sure if there's anything overly secretive about it. What people might not realize is that I got the title from the unreleased song Memories? There's a line saying oh I... I'd do it all again but it sounds like Why and I thought that would make a great name for this story. I'm usually not big on taking lines from songs and making them into titles but I did it this time.

I'm usually really bad at remembering this stuff but for whatever reason I put in the actual summary of the story when I started posting it and that was Sept 2005 and I finished it shortly after Kevin decided to call it quits so I guess it took me at least a year and a half to finish it. It was my longest story by far.

I actually think this is one of the only summaries I really like that is the most accurate lol but I shall try! *damn me and my hard, Oprah like questions!*

Come join the guys as they meet after their long break and work together on creating Nevergone. Listen to Kevin, Howie, Brian, AJ and Nick's opinions on things as they get set for the next chapter of their lives and see how they deal with all the roadblocks along the way? How is that?

Because this is pretty much set up to be like a documentery I can only see the guys playing themselves. If this was a different story i'd be more creative with my answer, but for this one, there really isn't one. lol

This was the first time I really began to struggle with updating a story and there were times when I thought I wouldn't finish it, especially in the midst of all the Kevin drama happening, but I also know I am not a quitter so I was pretty sure I would finish it eventually.

I just wrote as I went along. I'm not big on outlines although because I got a lot of this stuff from things that actually happened, I did find myself doing a bit of research. The guys usually just posess me and write their own parts anyway. lol

I loved AJ in this one. I usually really struggle with him but he was a lot of fun to write for this one because I enjoyed his optimism throughout the recording process.

I suck at Howie. I had the HARDEST time with him for this one lol

Of course they are!

I think if you liked this one, you'd enjoy Come Together by Izzy and Cecilia because it's a very similar idea but their's takes place at the time when the guys first met. 
Pages: [1] 2