Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: New  (Read 21805 times)

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
  • I have no idea what I'm getting myself into
New
« on: July 23, 2007, 05:35:40 AM »

Okay, I'm actually gonna start a topic of my own.  :-\ I feel very rude for asking this question, but is someone, ANYONE starting a new suspense story?! Mare, if you're reading this I've been DYING to read more for The Thirteenth Step, but I'm actually surfing through AC, as well as other fanfic sites, looking for good suspenseful, thriller, drama/angst fic (I know, my genres expanded for some reason, lol.) and I don't think there's one out there that I haven't read. Please tell me that someone is starting on one VERY soon, or could someone just write one?! Lol.  :P
"Stories are often the lives we wish we could live."
~Me

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: New
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2007, 08:58:39 AM »

I know what you mean. I haven't seen any straight ahead, non romance suspense fics written in a long time. Hopefully Mersey will start one soon enough. She's great at it. As far as Thirteenth Step, I have been slacking this week and haven't opened any of my stories but after I update Why which I should really do first, i'll work on Thirteenth :)
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2007, 10:25:10 AM »

Mel has one that she started posting not too long ago; it's really good so far.  http://accidentalchaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8542
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2007, 12:09:14 PM »

Okay, I'm actually gonna start a topic of my own.  :-\ I feel very rude for asking this question, but is someone, ANYONE starting a new suspense story?! Mare, if you're reading this I've been DYING to read more for The Thirteenth Step, but I'm actually surfing through AC, as well as other fanfic sites, looking for good suspenseful, thriller, drama/angst fic (I know, my genres expanded for some reason, lol.) and I don't think there's one out there that I haven't read. Please tell me that someone is starting on one VERY soon, or could someone just write one?! Lol.  :P

Actually I just started reading your new story. Seems lie it's going to be a nice, suspensful one. I know that doesn't help you though lol but i'm happy about it.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2007, 01:20:52 PM »

I should try and write one... haven't done that yet... but the last thing I need is yet another story, so we'll see.
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2007, 02:04:27 PM »

Mel has one that she started posting not too long ago; it's really good so far.  http://accidentalchaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8542

Ha thanks for plugging my story Julie! Yea I just started my first suspense story which is a completely different genre for me because I typically write angsty romances. Scandalicious is only two chapters in, but I've gotten a lot of really positive thoughts from readers so far.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2007, 02:33:37 PM »

I should try and write one... haven't done that yet... but the last thing I need is yet another story, so we'll see.

Actually you have a nice suspense one going now! It's non BSB but I was still going to mention it because it's great so far. I don't remember the full title though lmao Something about a Bogeyman. It's under Honey and is a Supernatural Fic.

Children Like Me by Mersey is also another great suspense fic it's a BSB/Supernatural crossover. Not sure if you are into SN but thought i'd throw those out there as well. lol

Nijntje

• Minion of Mayhem
  • Some love is not really love at all..
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2007, 02:45:27 PM »

Like Mare, I was just about to plug "No such thing as the Bogeyman".. I absolutely love that one.

I'd really like to try writing one as well.. but I'm definitely not good enough for that genre!
Not every dream is supposed to come true
Some words are best unsaid
Some love is not really love at all
I keep everything I shared with you
And that's enough.. there's us..

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2007, 02:51:08 PM »

^ thanks for the full title! lol

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2007, 03:00:14 PM »

I'd really like to try writing one as well.. but I'm definitely not good enough for that genre!

Aww don't say that! You should try and you might surprise yourself! The toughest part of suspense I think is providing all the character backstory and motive. Especially when you're writing a murder mystery or any kind of crime story. You want a REALLY good reason why the person chose to commit whatever crime they did. Not something lame.

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2007, 04:09:30 PM »

Okay, I'm gonna insert a lot of quotes so I can reply to them, lol.
I know what you mean. I haven't seen any straight ahead, non romance suspense fics written in a long time. Hopefully Mersey will start one soon enough. She's great at it. As far as Thirteenth Step, I have been slacking this week and haven't opened any of my stories but after I update Why which I should really do first, i'll work on Thirteenth :)
I really and truly can't wait for that update, like seriously!! Lol. Sounds like it's getting pretty intense, and I'm dying to find out what's gonna happen next!! (this sounds like a review now, lol.)
I actually just started reading that the other night, and just like Mare's story, I'm waiting for an update to see where that's going!  :)
Actually I just started reading your new story. Seems lie it's going to be a nice, suspensful one. I know that doesn't help you though lol but i'm happy about it.
Why thank you.  ;D Although I had all the chapters posted up in Vaffel before (oops, don't go to Vaffel to read the chapters!! Lol.) I'm making a slow transfer over, instead of throwing it all up at once like I did with Incomplete. And although it doesn't help me, I feel honored to get a review from you Mare! Lol. I know your probably thinking "wtf?!", but I love all your stories!! I actually wrote a little about you in my story called The Rest Is Still Unwritten, where my character gawks at how much reviews you have and how you're sucha good author.
I love it when we post story after story that's incomplete, and we can't just stay focus on finishing just one story. Lol. Hey, we're authors... good ideas pop up in our minds left and right!  ;) But if you do start on one, I would LOVE to read it!!  :)

Actually you have a nice suspense one going now! It's non BSB but I was still going to mention it because it's great so far. I don't remember the full title though lmao Something about a Bogeyman. It's under Honey and is a Supernatural Fic.

Children Like Me by Mersey is also another great suspense fic it's a BSB/Supernatural crossover. Not sure if you are into SN but thought i'd throw those out there as well. lol

I've actually never really read a story that's supernatural/crossover. Time for me to start reading a new genre!! Lol.
Like Mare, I was just about to plug "No such thing as the Bogeyman".. I absolutely love that one.

I think I'm gonna go read that right now!! And aww, what do you mean you're definitely not good enough for that genre?! I would love to see you do a suspenseful fic!!  :)
Aww don't say that! You should try and you might surprise yourself! The toughest part of suspense I think is providing all the character backstory and motive. Especially when you're writing a murder mystery or any kind of crime story. You want a REALLY good reason why the person chose to commit whatever crime they did. Not something lame.
Well, you have a point there because it's like you think you've got it good, post the story up and your readers catch on to a little mishap in the story. Say, for instance, Howie got shot in the leg and he's prancing around in the rest of the story. Lol. It's like you always have to go back to what you wrote in the beginning so it can carry on throughout the story. And you're right about the criminals or the crimes/murders that occur. You can't just throw up some dude that commits these crimes/murders and that's the end of that. Lol. I know people still have yet to see how this Jeffery Donner character from my two stories (Incomplete and Empty Spaces) ties in with the Backstreet Boys, but it'll all come together in the end hopefully.
~Me

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2007, 04:22:50 PM »

I actually just started reading that the other night, and just like Mare's story, I'm waiting for an update to see where that's going! 

Thanks a lot for the feedback! I'd like to get another chapter out soon, but unfortunately I leave for vacation on Sat and I have about 555887 million things to do before then, so there most likely won't be an update until after I get back on August 4th. Although I am considering packing my laptop with me just in case inspiration strikes. We shall see!

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2007, 04:30:08 PM »

Actually you have a nice suspense one going now!

lol I totally didn't even think about that one because it's not BSB. I was thinking about BSB stories. Bogeyman is a suspense though huh?  Go me. The fluffy romance writer is ripping apart naughty children in another fandom. hahaha.  That's almost as strange as Mare being excited about one of my stories.  :D

thanks Mare and Nijntje, you two are sweet. I am having a blast exploring the creepy genre.  *sighs impatiently thinking about how far away the new season is.*
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2007, 04:34:07 PM »

Thanks a lot for the feedback! I'd like to get another chapter out soon, but unfortunately I leave for vacation on Sat and I have about 555887 million things to do before then, so there most likely won't be an update until after I get back on August 4th. Although I am considering packing my laptop with me just in case inspiration strikes. We shall see!
OoO... can I suggest something?! *take yourself into consideration and pack your laptop!!* Lol. You're lucky you're leaving on a vacation, even though you have 555887 million things to do before then. But, I can wait till August 4th, so you can enjoy your vacation  ;D, although I still say you pack your laptop, cuz inspiration can strike at ANY time, especially when you're on vacation. Lol, just keeding.
~Me

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2007, 04:37:17 PM »

lol I totally didn't even think about that one because it's not BSB. I was thinking about BSB stories. Bogeyman is a suspense though huh?  Go me. The fluffy romance writer is ripping apart naughty children in another fandom. hahaha.  That's almost as strange as Mare being excited about one of my stories.  :D

thanks Mare and Nijntje, you two are sweet. I am having a blast exploring the creepy genre.  *sighs impatiently thinking about how far away the new season is.*
They suggested your story to me, and I'm reading it right now. But, I have yet again another stupid question that I must ask. You guys can throw things at me later for asking sucha question, lol, but who is Sam and Dean?! Even though I don't know who they are, it isn't holding me back from reading it. Lol. I'm actually enjoying right now, even though I don't know who they are. Lol. Great job honey!!  ;D
~Me
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7