Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: New  (Read 21676 times)

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
Re: New
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2007, 04:46:05 PM »

Sam and Dean Winchester!!! *giddy squeal* are only two of the best characters on TV. I guess you haven't seen the show "Supernatural". It's really good. It's these two brothers (Sam and Dean) and they are like ghost hunters. (Thursday's at 9 on the CW)

And don't feel bad, there are no stupid questions hun.  :D  And it's ok to be confused because the majority of the stories on AC are Backstreet Boys fan fiction, but Sam and Dean are Supernatural. This story isn't even a crossover so it has nothing to do with the Backstreet Boys. Its actually the first story I've written that has nothing to do with BSB. But I'm excited that you're giving it a try. Hopefully we can convert you to watching the show. I'd never seen it until Mersey's story "Children Like Me" was featured story of the month. I read it and fell in love with the characters so I had to check out the show and now I'm hooked. lol.  If you get a chance, check out that story because it's awesome like Mare said, and it is a BSB crossover.
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2007, 04:49:20 PM »

And although it doesn't help me, I feel honored to get a review from you Mare! Lol. I know your probably thinking "wtf?!", but I love all your stories!! I actually wrote a little about you in my story called The Rest Is Still Unwritten, where my character gawks at how much reviews you have and how you're sucha good author.

Thanks a lot for that and don't feel honored, tis only me lol Cool that i'm a fanfic character though! Woot! :)
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2007, 04:51:36 PM »

lol I totally didn't even think about that one because it's not BSB. I was thinking about BSB stories. Bogeyman is a suspense though huh?  Go me. The fluffy romance writer is ripping apart naughty children in another fandom. hahaha.  That's almost as strange as Mare being excited about one of my stories.  :D

thanks Mare and Nijntje, you two are sweet. I am having a blast exploring the creepy genre.  *sighs impatiently thinking about how far away the new season is.*

lmao Well, you are writing a suspense and following my 'things Mare will read' guidelines so there ya go! Not strange at all. Plus you're a great writer, you just don't usually write things I would tend to read so when someone goes agasint the norm and posts a non female pov suspense it makes me excited.  lol
« Last Edit: July 23, 2007, 04:53:13 PM by mare »
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
  • I have no idea what I'm getting myself into
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2007, 04:53:57 PM »

Sam and Dean Winchester!!! *giddy squeal* are only two of the best characters on TV. I guess you haven't seen the show "Supernatural". It's really good. It's these two brothers (Sam and Dean) and they are like ghost hunters. (Thursday's at 9 on the CW)

And don't feel bad, there are no stupid questions hun.  :D  And it's ok to be confused because the majority of the stories on AC are Backstreet Boys fan fiction, but Sam and Dean are Supernatural. This story isn't even a crossover so it has nothing to do with the Backstreet Boys. Its actually the first story I've written that has nothing to do with BSB. But I'm excited that you're giving it a try. Hopefully we can convert you to watching the show. I'd never seen it until Mersey's story "Children Like Me" was featured story of the month. I read it and fell in love with the characters so I had to check out the show and now I'm hooked. lol.  If you get a chance, check out that story because it's awesome like Mare said, and it is a BSB crossover.

I sure will!!  ;D And I've been meaning to catch shows on the CW, cause they had stuff like America's Next Top Model and The Search For The Next Pussycat Doll or whatever. But now, since your story got me all curious and interested, I'm gonna go check that show out, and more than likely I'll be coming back saying "thanks for getting me hooked girls!!" Lol. Totally random statement, but I've been watching Rock Of Love, does anybody else watch this show?!? I've watched Flavor Of Love, I Love New York, and now this. I LOVE to watch the drama unfold, I'm sucha dork!!  :P But, you suggested Children Like Me by Mersey?! I LOVE that girl's stories, after I finish reading your story, I'm gonna make my way over towards hers. *Sigh*, now I'm glad that I asked this question. Lol.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2007, 04:55:30 PM by rebellious_one »
"Stories are often the lives we wish we could live."
~Me

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2007, 04:54:59 PM »

lmao Well, you are writing a suspense and following my 'things Mare will read' guidelines so there ya go!

lol I know, that's what's so strange.
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2007, 04:57:39 PM »

lmao I secretly inserted a suspense powder in that bee outfit your wearing! ;)

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2007, 04:59:44 PM »

LMAO   Well, anything I can do to please our almighty ruler!  :D

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2007, 05:05:16 PM »

^ *Mr. Burns voice* Exceeelleent! lol

Nijntje

• Minion of Mayhem
  • Some love is not really love at all..
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2007, 05:09:27 PM »

Thans R.O. and Mell! But I just don't think I have enough writing experience or a big enough English vocabulary to write a good suspense story!
Not every dream is supposed to come true
Some words are best unsaid
Some love is not really love at all
I keep everything I shared with you
And that's enough.. there's us..

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2007, 05:11:16 PM »

Thans R.O. and Mell! But I just don't think I have enough writing experience or a big enough English vocabulary to write a good suspense story!

If the urge ever hits you, you should try it! You're English seems just fine to me. The worst that can happen is you write a little bit of it then decided it's not for you.

Nijntje

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2007, 05:17:37 PM »

True. But I have trouble with describing scenaries, which obviously is very important for a suspense kinda story! So, I gotta work on that a bit more. And come up with a great idea by the way rofl.

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2007, 05:20:35 PM »

I don't have enough english vocabulary either!! Lol. I often wonder if I start reading the dictionary, would that make my stories any better?! And I came to the decision that no it wouldn't, but it's all up to the author in how they paint a vivid picture in the reader's mind just by using words, your simple words. You don't need to expand your vocabulary in order to write a good suspense fic. I believe in you!!!  ;D But, like Mare said, the worst that could happen is that you start writing it, but then realize it's just not you. I know for a fact that romance isn't me, but I wouldn't mind giving it a try one day (romance... with maybe a psychotic twist, lol. I have to always twist my stories in some way) But just know whenever you do decide to give suspense to try, I'll be here to read it!!  ;) I love suspense!!
~Me

Nijntje

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2007, 05:22:28 PM »

Alrighty.. first gotta finish "Lavender Rush" and "Letter to God" lol.. (which aren't even up yet) ;D Then I might give it a try!

*yay for fellow-AC-members for encouraging me*!!!

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2007, 05:26:29 PM »

True. But I have trouble with describing scenaries, which obviously is very important for a suspense kinda story! So, I gotta work on that a bit more. And come up with a great idea by the way rofl.
Lol. There's so many possibilities in the world of suspense!! That's the beauty of writing stories, although describing scenaries would enhance the story, it's a thing of making the story all your own. The story belongs to you and no one else, all of us are simply spectators, if you will, when it comes to your story. To tell you the truth, I REALLY wouldn't mind writing a story with someone else, or maybe even doing a roundrobin!! Lets start a suspenseful story together Nijntje!!  ;D
~Me

Nijntje

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2007, 05:28:07 PM »

That's a great idea! But first gotta finish another collab ("Prevailing Fate" which has been on its ass for months rofl)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7