Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: New  (Read 21857 times)

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
  • I have no idea what I'm getting myself into
Re: New
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2007, 05:28:54 PM »

Alrighty.. first gotta finish "Lavender Rush" and "Letter to God" lol.. (which aren't even up yet) ;D Then I might give it a try!

*yay for fellow-AC-members for encouraging me*!!!
OoO... the title of your stories alone are making your stories sound very interesting. Lol. Yay Nijntje!!  ;D Can you tell I REALLY wanna read more suspense stories, sorry if it feels like I'm forcing you to write it or something.  :-\ But I think if you give it a try, you'll do great!!  ;)
That's a great idea! But first gotta finish another collab ("Prevailing Fate" which has been on its ass for months rofl)
Lol. Sounds good to me!!
"Stories are often the lives we wish we could live."
~Me

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2007, 05:59:20 PM »

I know for a fact that romance isn't me

*sigh* not another one. I'm feeling outnumbered again. Good romance makes me happy.   :P
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2007, 06:07:27 PM »

*sigh* not another one. I'm feeling outnumbered again. Good romance makes me happy.   :P

LOL there are far more people that read romance then don't so no worries Kelly
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2007, 06:14:41 PM »

I would like to write a good suspense, cause it's been awhile since I've tried to write that genre, and I have an idea that I really like, but it's still got some serious plot holes I need to fill.  I hate that, when you have a good idea but it doesn't quite work for one reason or another.  Frustrating.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2007, 08:36:56 PM »

*sigh* not another one. I'm feeling outnumbered again. Good romance makes me happy.   :P

Oh, shh. You write romance, put your chin up. :p People like romance. :)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2007, 09:49:46 PM by nicksgal »
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2007, 09:00:45 PM »

I write suspense, not that they are probably that suspenseful.. but there is always a trace of romance thrown in... I like Amnesia the best of my suspense stories.

I hate plugging myself I feel sooooo dirty ...  :o
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2007, 09:48:38 PM »

Totally random statement, but I've been watching Rock Of Love, does anybody else watch this show?!? I've watched Flavor Of Love, I Love New York, and now this. I LOVE to watch the drama unfold, I'm sucha dork!!  :P

I haven't managed to catch an episode, but it looks SOOOO funny. I never really watched Flavor of Love or I Love New York, but I did get hooked on Charm School. And at least with Rock of Love I can sort of see what the girls are all fighting over. Flavor Flav? Eww lol He's like a skinny old man. At least Bret Michaels has got the whole rocker image going on.

I always in the back of my mind was thinking about writing a humor Nick fic about Nick being on one of those shows. Ha! Can you imagine?

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2007, 11:50:38 PM »

Aww, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you feel outnumbered. Lol. Romance is good, lol. It's just, I found myself so wrapped up in the world of suspense, mystery, thriller, drama/angst kinda things. Romance makes me happy too... if only what happened in the stories would happen to me for once!! Lmao. Stories are often the lives we wish we could live.
I would like to write a good suspense, cause it's been awhile since I've tried to write that genre, and I have an idea that I really like, but it's still got some serious plot holes I need to fill.  I hate that, when you have a good idea but it doesn't quite work for one reason or another.  Frustrating.
Hey Julie, you are the one in charge of Dreamers Sanctuary, right?! I've read almost all the stories on that site. Lol. And didn't you, along with other authors write that one story, I believe it was called Survivor or something?! I don't know, but I would really LOVE to see a suspense story from you too ma'am!!  ;D But I totally know what you mean, about having an idea, it's pictured so perfectly within your mind, but when you start it, for some reason it isn't all falling into place like how you pictured it would. Lol. Argh!! Totally frustrating!!
I write suspense, not that they are probably that suspenseful.. but there is always a trace of romance thrown in... I like Amnesia the best of my suspense stories.

I hate plugging myself I feel sooooo dirty ...  :o
Lmao.  :P I know I said that I enjoy stories that are more realistic, like Brian ACTUALLY being married to Leighanne and Kevin ACTUALLY being married to Kristin, and not some other chicks, but I'm actually enjoying the stories that have some other made up chick with the boys. Like, I read your story Widow's Walk, and even though it has some romance in it (which I'm not really into, sorry honey!!) I really liked that story. You've got us all wondering "what the hell is going on?!" and wanting to know more. That's the kind of stories I like (even though almost all of Mare's stories are like that, leaving us on the edge of our seats, wanting to know more and it actually KILLS me, lol.)
I haven't managed to catch an episode, but it looks SOOOO funny. I never really watched Flavor of Love or I Love New York, but I did get hooked on Charm School. And at least with Rock of Love I can sort of see what the girls are all fighting over. Flavor Flav? Eww lol He's like a skinny old man. At least Bret Michaels has got the whole rocker image going on.

I always in the back of my mind was thinking about writing a humor Nick fic about Nick being on one of those shows. Ha! Can you imagine?
That show is really funny!! As weird as it may sound, it actually is. And as for the other shows, I didn't like Flavor Flav at all (cause you're right, he is... ugly) but it was sooo funny watching those girls fight for this awkward looking man for two seasons straight. We all know good and well that they were only in it for the money, not love. Same goes for I Love New York. Now, Charm School was something different, very entertaining indeed!! And yess, at least in Rock Of Love they have a better looking man that those girls are competing for. And... LMFAO. I think you SHOULD write a humor fic where Nick is actually on one of those shows. That would be hilarious!! Do it Mel!!  :P
~Me

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2007, 12:32:55 AM »

Hey Julie, you are the one in charge of Dreamers Sanctuary, right?! I've read almost all the stories on that site. Lol. And didn't you, along with other authors write that one story, I believe it was called Survivor or something?! I don't know, but I would really LOVE to see a suspense story from you too ma'am!!  ;D But I totally know what you mean, about having an idea, it's pictured so perfectly within your mind, but when you start it, for some reason it isn't all falling into place like how you pictured it would. Lol. Argh!! Totally frustrating!!Lmao.

Yep, that's me - thank you!! ;D  There is a story called Survivor on my favorites page, the one where Bsb and NSync are actually on the show Survivor.  If that's the one you're thinking of, I had no part in writing that story; it's just one I love!  I do have a collab called "Fight for Survival" about the Boys getting in a plane crash though.  Old, old story; it was my first collab.  I know some people like it though.

I have written several suspenses before, but not in a few years, and the ones I have are kind of "eh..." in terms of quality, I think.  I will get around to writing another one one of these days... I just need to sort out my ideas.
~Julie

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2007, 12:40:06 AM »

Yep, that's me - thank you!! ;D  There is a story called Survivor on my favorites page, the one where Bsb and NSync are actually on the show Survivor.  If that's the one you're thinking of, I had no part in writing that story; it's just one I love!  I do have a collab called "Fight for Survival" about the Boys getting in a plane crash though.  Old, old story; it was my first collab.  I know some people like it though.

I have written several suspenses before, but not in a few years, and the ones I have are kind of "eh..." in terms of quality, I think.  I will get around to writing another one one of these days... I just need to sort out my ideas.

THAT'S the one I was thinking about, sorry!! Lol. Yah, I absolutely LOVED that story, and was sad to know that the sequel was discontinued. I'm sorry if I come across rude or whatever, but may I ask why that story was discontinued. I would REALLY love to finish reading that story. I believe your story (Fight For Survival) was one of the first suspense stories I came across that actually got me into writing suspenseful fanfic, so thank you so much!! Lol. Mahalo nui loa!!  ;D
~Me

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2007, 01:30:51 AM »

THAT'S the one I was thinking about, sorry!! Lol. Yah, I absolutely LOVED that story, and was sad to know that the sequel was discontinued. I'm sorry if I come across rude or whatever, but may I ask why that story was discontinued. I would REALLY love to finish reading that story. I believe your story (Fight For Survival) was one of the first suspense stories I came across that actually got me into writing suspenseful fanfic, so thank you so much!! Lol. Mahalo nui loa!!  ;D

Oh, thanks!!  No, you don't sound rude at all - perfectly valid question LOL.  The sequel was just trouble from the start because my original co-author of the first one quit on me... then another friend stepped in to take her place... but it just wasn't the same after that.  Combine that with poor planning and the fact that it was kind of unrealistic for the Boys to be put in yet ANOTHER situation like that, and the whole thing just kinda fell apart LOL.

I'm really glad you like the first one, and it's so cool to hear that it inspired you!  Thank you so much! ;D
~Julie

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2007, 01:38:14 AM »

Oh, thanks!!  No, you don't sound rude at all - perfectly valid question LOL.  The sequel was just trouble from the start because my original co-author of the first one quit on me... then another friend stepped in to take her place... but it just wasn't the same after that.  Combine that with poor planning and the fact that it was kind of unrealistic for the Boys to be put in yet ANOTHER situation like that, and the whole thing just kinda fell apart LOL.

I'm really glad you like the first one, and it's so cool to hear that it inspired you!  Thank you so much! ;D
Aww, that's sad to know. You guys were on a roll with the first one, and with the second one you actually couldn't tell that someone took another's place and whatnot. Although you found it unrealistic for the boys to be put into another situation like that, I thought it was fine... lol. More than fine, GREAT!! Lol.  :P I think it'd be cool for the original authors to come back and finish it, I can't imagine how much people would be in shock, I know it'll blow a lot of people away.   ;)
~Me

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2007, 11:13:12 AM »

And... LMFAO. I think you SHOULD write a humor fic where Nick is actually on one of those shows. That would be hilarious!! Do it Mel!!  :P

*sigh* So many ideas for stories so lil time to write them LOL. I'll add it to the list somewhere LOL

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2007, 01:07:01 PM »

LOL oddly enough I don't have any good suspense stories going. Closest one I have that comes to it is 00Carter, but that one has a lot of comedic elements too.

Maybe when I knock off another fic I'll try a suspense.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2007, 01:07:43 PM »

LMAO omg one of us at AC needs to do that
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7