A Confused Brotherhood by BambiBone
Summary:

Both Nick and AJ have been left by Lauren and Rochelle. Nick starts to have feelings for Rochelle, and possibly some feelings for AJ as well.


Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: AJ, Brian, Group, Howie, Kevin, Nick
Genres: Angst, Drama, Horror, Humor, Suspense
Warnings: Graphic Sexual Content
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 8 Completed: No Word count: 14429 Read: 10421 Published: 10/13/12 Updated: 02/08/13

1. Chapter 1-Going Home for the Holidays by BambiBone

2. Chapter 2 -- Baby Dorough Arrives by BambiBone

3. Chapter 3 - Kevin’s Confrontation In L.A by BambiBone

4. Chapter 4 - Trouble In Atlanta by BambiBone

5. Chapter 5 - Wait, What? by BambiBone

6. Chapter 6 - Back In LA by BambiBone

7. Chapter 7 - The Shock Sinks In by BambiBone

8. Chapter 8 - What Will The Future Hold? by BambiBone

Chapter 1-Going Home for the Holidays by BambiBone

The airplane terminal was loud and busy as people were flying to their families.

“I really freaking hate flying during Christmas time.” Nick grumbled from where they were waiting to board their plane.

Brian, Kevin, and Howie, who had been talking about what to get their kids for Christmas, rolled their eyes at him. AJ, who had just gotten off of the phone with this divorce lawyer, said,

“Me too, Nicky.” AJ wasn’t in the best of moods lately. Rochelle had taken two month old Ava, left, and filed for divorce after she found out AJ had kissed a girl on their last tour.

“Stop being sour pusses you two,” Brian said. “You guys are coming over for the rest of this month and are joining us for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, remember? Leighanne is making a ton of food and Bay is expecting his two favorite uncles to be happy.”

Nick and AJ stuck their tongues out at him and smiled. They liked hanging out with Brian, Leiganne, and Baylee. The Littrells never got tired of them and they were the most supportive. They were there when Rochelle took off on AJ and when Lauren left Nick. True, Lauren and Rochelle left because Nick and AJ were all but cheating on them in front of their faces. But it still tore up AJ and Nick inside to know that the women that loved them the most left them.

The boys were on their way home from New York City. They had just got done shooting another commercial for Old Navy. They all were taking the same first flight to Atlanta. Nick, Brian, and AJ would of course get off there and go to Brian and Leighaanne’s house. Kevin would be going back to L.A. until January when they started their next tour in London. Howie was going back home to Florida. Leigh was due to pop out the next baby boy Dorough next week.

“Hey, Nicky.” Kevin said, pulling him out of his depressed stupor. “How is Aaron’s Broadway show going? We didn’t get a lot of time to catch up yesterday.”

Nick shook his head to clear it and said, “It’s going well. They’re giving him some time off next month so he can work more on his new album.”

“That’s cool that he’s making music again.” AJ said as it was announced that it was time for them to board their plane.

 As they got to their seats, Nick asked Kevin, “Hey, Kev. Can we switch seats? I want to talk to AJ.”

Kevin looked at Brian, who Nick usually sat next to, shrugged, and said, “Sure, fine with me.”

As they switched seats, AJ looked at Nicky with a confused look on his face. As he sat down, AJ asked,

“What’s up Nicky?”

“I want to talk to you about girl problems.” Nick said, a little embarrassed. “You’re the only one who can really understand. The other guys are just so happy in their marriages.”

AJ understood. They both were going through bad breakups. AJ clapped him on his shoulder and said, “Anything you need, Nicky. I’m here for ya. You know that.”

“Yeah, I know.” Nick replied as the plane took off. “That’s why I wanted to ask you something.”

“Anything, Nicky.” AJ said comfortably. “Ask away.”

“Do you think it’s too early to start talking to other girls so soon after Lauren broke up with me?” Nick asked nervously, blushing a little bit.

AJ thought carefully about how to answer. It was a rare occasion when Nick asked for advice, or when he sounded nervous, or when he blushed. So this must mean that this situation was really important to him.

Finally, AJ answered, “Well, Nicky, ultimately the decision is up to you. You know your heart and your mind. But to me, I think three weeks is plenty of time to start talking to other girls. Maybe not have a full blown relationship, but talking to them, yes.”

Nick smiled and said, “Thanks AJ. That means a lot.”

“If you don’t mind me asking, are you already talking to another girl?”

Nick blushed again, and said, “Yeah, kind of. I’ve been texting an old friend. I kind of like her, but I don’t want to tell her yet.”

AJ pounder his shoulder, smiled, and said, “Nick, you fog. Already back in the game! So, who is this lucky lady?”

Nick blushed again and cleared his throat, internally uncomfortable. He scratched his arm and said, “I’d rather not say. I want to see where it goes from here.”

That wasn’t the entire truth. The real reason Nick didn’t want to mention to AJ who the girl was, was because it was Rochelle. He didn’t mean to start having these kinds of feelings for her; it just happened. She was upset that AJ was cheating on her and she texted him for friendly advice. That’s all it was supposed to be, but they’ve continued texting even after she took Ava and left AJ.

“Are you okay, Nicky?” Brian asked from across the aisle, jerking Nick out of his trance. “You look worried about something.”

“I’m okay Frick, just tired.” Nick lied to his best friend.

Brian could sense Nick wasn’t being entirely truthful, but he figured he was still upset about Lauren, so he smiled at him and said, “Okay, Frack. Why don’t you doze off? I’ll wake you up when the plane lands.”

“Thanks Frick. I think I’ll do that.” Nick replied as he closed his eyes. He was out in seconds.

AJ and Brian looked at each other, rolled their eyes, and laughed at Nick. It was usually Howie who could fall asleep anywhere at will.

“I think this Lauren situation is getting the best of him.” Kevin said quietly to Brian, looking at Nick with deep concern in his eyes.

Kevin has always been protective over his four younger brothers, Nick especially. He hated when they were in any kind of pain.

“I think so too.” Brian said concern in his voice for his best friend. “I hope this holiday away with AJ and I help him out.”

“I don’t think AJ is doing well either,” Kevin said, shifting his concerned gaze over to AJ. Next to Nick, AJ had the biggest part in Kevin’s heart. AJ looked up to him and always asked for his support.

“I know,” Brian sighed. “I just hope this holiday and then the tour helps them both. I know Leighanne is concerned for them.”

“Well, I think being out of L.A. for bit will help them both.” Kevin said, turning his gaze to his cousin. He could tell Nick and AJ’s pain was taking its toll on Brian as well. Brian was the most sensitive of the group, and stressed out when one of the other boys were going through a tough time.

Brian sighed again and closed his eyes. “I hope so. They deserve to be happy.”

“I know Bri, I know.” Kevin said, patting his cousin’s shoulder. “We’ll get them through this. We’re all a big family and we can get through anything together.”

Nick jerked awake when Brian started to shake his shoulder.

“Calm down Frack.” Brian chuckled. “The plane landed. It’s time to get off.”

Nick shook his head to clear away the sleep. He stood up and stretched, everything in his body popped and cracked.

“Jee, Nicky.” AJ chuckled. “You’re getting old, huh?”

Howie chuckled from behind them. Nick stuck his tongue out at both of them and as he grabbed his carry-on bag, said, “Oh, shut it you two. I’m still younger than both of you.”

Nick gaffed and sprinted off the plane after Brian and Kevin. When they were all off the plane, they headed toward the luggage claim. When they got there, people were already grouped around it, so they had to wait awhile to finally get their luggage. When they finally got it, AJ, Nick, and Brian turned to Kevin and Howie, who each had one more light to their respected homes.

“I’ll see you guys in January.” Howie said, hugging each of his brothers.

“Tell Leigh and James we said hi and that we miss them.” AJ said when Howie hugged him.

“I will,” Howie said. “Goodbye guys.” He grabbed his luggage and headed toward his next flight.

“Nick, AJ.” Kevin started, warning in his voice.

“We know, we know.” AJ and Nick said in union.

“Stay out of trouble.”

“Don’t bug Brian and Leighanne too much.”

“Don’t teach Bay anything bad.”

“Okay, okay.” Kevin said, rolling his eyes at them. “Just be good and don’t get into too much trouble.” He hugged them both and then grabbed his luggage. “Good luck with them, Bri.”

Brian laughed as Kevin headed toward his next flight as well. “Come on guys. Leighanne is probably waiting for us outside. We don’t want to keep her waiting.” Briand said as he headed toward the airport doors.

Nick grunted and said, “What Frick, are you scared of your wife?”

Brian looked behind him as AJ and Nick started following him and said, “You’d be afraid of her too if you’ve ever actually seen her mad, Frack.”

AJ laughed at the look on Nick’s face as they stepped out into the bright Atlanta winter light. Leighanne and Baylee had managed to get a spot right outside the door and were waiting outside the car for them.

“Daddy!” Baylee yelled, running to Brian and hugging him hard.

“Bay! I’ve missed you buddy.” Brian said, emotion coloring his voice as he hugged Baylee back.

AJ looked on with envy as Leighanne went to hug Brian as well. Envy because up until a month ago, AJ had his own baby to hug and love, and then Rochelle took that away. He looked away quickly, tears in his eyes. Next thing he knew, Baylee was hugging his waist.

“I’ve missed you Uncle AJ! Are you staying for a while?” Baylee asked, getting excited.

AJ looked down at him, hugged him back and said, “Yup. Uncle Nick and I are going to be here for a while.”

“Yay! I can show you guys my karate!” Baylee said, his eyes lighting up.

“That would be awesome.” Nick said as Baylee hugged him. “You can show us your mad skills.”

Everyone laughed at that and the other people waiting for their rides looked at them like they were crazy.

As they stopped laughing, Leighanne smiled and said, “It’s nice to have you guys around. Not let’s get out of here before we start a Backstreet Boys fan riot.”

They all looked around and noticed that people were realizing who they were. They looked back at each other and scrambled into Brian’s car. They didn’t want a frenzy to start at the entrance of the airport. They know personally how bad that could turn out.

“So, how did the commercial shoot go guys?” Leighanne asked as she put the car in drive and started out of the airport parking lot.

“It was okay, kind of cold though.” Brian said from the passenger’s seat.

“Kind of cold?” Nick snorted. “We were freezing our nuts off!”

AJ snorted with laughter and Brian and Leighanne yelled, “Nick!” Baylee just looked confused.

“What?” Nick said, amused as he turned his phone back on. “I was just stating a true fact. We were freezing our nuts off!”

AJ snorted with laughter and Brian finally joined in. Leighanne snorted in disgust and rolled her eyes at them. Baylee looked more confused than ever.

Nick had zoned out quickly after that. When he turned on his phone, he saw he had a text from Rochelle. His heart beat picked up and blood rushed into his ears. He opened it and his eyes almost popped out of his head.

“Are you okay Nicky C?” AJ asked, concerned. He had noticed Nick’s eyes almost pop out of his head.

“Yeah,” Nick said blankly, trying to find a way to reply. “Fine.”

Rochelle had sent him a topless picture and said, “Nick, I think I love you.” His junk had instantly started to rise, so he quickly out his coat over it. He needed to get to Brian’s house and into the shower quick, so he could take care of his business.

He quickly texted her back “I think I love you too.” Before AJ could look over and she who he was texting.

“Texting your mystery girl?” AJ teased, not knowing just how sensitive this situation was.

“Nick’s got a mystery girl?” Brian whirled around in his seat at the news.

“Yes and yea.” Nick said slyly. “I’ll tell you all about it when we get to your house, Frick.”

“You better, Frack.” Brain demanded, a little joke in his voice. “I want to hear all about it.”
“Well, while you two dofuses are catching up,” Leighanne started, making fun of her husband and his best friend. “AJ and Bay can help me make dinner.”

“Yeah, Uncle AJ!” Baylee piped up. “We’re making shrimp, spaghetti, and hamburgers.”

AJ, Brian, and Nick drooled. They all loved home cooked meals, especially Leighanne’s cooking.

“Sounds good to me.” AJ said, messing up Baylee’s hair and smiling. This could be just what he needed to finally start getting over Rochelle. Maybe he’s take a page out of Nick’s book and start talking to other girls. Dating used to be easy for him, it shouldn’t be that hard to get back into the game.

“You two don’t mind sharing a room do you?” Leighanne asked him and Nick as she pulled off of the freeway. “Our other spare room is under renovation at the moment. We found mold in it.”

AJ made an ‘ew’ face as Nick said, “Nah, it’ll be fine. We’ve shared rooms before, right Bone?”

AJ nodded in agreement and said, “Right Kaos. It won’t be too much of a big deal, Leighanne.”

“Yeah, and we promise we won’t destroy it like the other rooms we’ve shared!” Nick said jokingly. That is if AJ doesn’t find out about Rochelle. Nick thought to himself.

They all laughed at that as Leighanne pulled into their driveway. When she got the car into the garage, Brian said, “Home sweet home.”

“It’s about time you get to enjoy it too.” Leighanne said as she turned off the car.

Both Nick and AJ made noises of disgust at their mushiness and bolted out of the car with their stuff, Baylee not to far behind them. Leighanne and Brian laughed at the three of them and then kissed swiftly before they got out of the car themselves.

“Let’s go bring our stuff inside.” Brian suggested. “So Frack can tell me about this mystery girl and AJ and Bay can help Leighanne with dinner, because I’m starving.”

They all dragged their luggage into the house by the side door connected to the garage. As AJ, Brian, and Nick brought their stuff upstairs, Baylee went to wash up and Leighanne went to get dinner started. As they dropped their luggage in their shared room, Nick asked AJ,

“Do you want me to put your stuff away while you’re helping Leighanne?”

“Nah,” AJ said. “I’ll do it afterwards.” He put his luggage on the right side of the king sized bed.

“Okay,” Nick said, smiling at AJ, something stirred low in his groan. Huh. Nick thought to himself as he started to put his stuff away and AJ left the room. That was weird.

Before he thought anymore over it, Brian came in and sat down on the bed. As Nick put his last piece of clothing away, Brian said,

“So, Frack, who’s this mystery girl of yours?”

Nick sighed and sat down. His brain was so confused and muddled with his feelings for Rochelle and with whatever just happened between him and AJ. He took a deep breath and said,

“Frick, I’m so freaking confused right now, it’s not even funny.”

“Well, tell me Frack, and maybe I can help.” Brian said, comfortably.

Nick took another deep breath and closed his eyes. Slowly, he let out his breath and began. He told Brian everything. How he and Rochelle had been texting and how he had developed feelings for her. He even told Brian about the topless text she sent today. He took a pause and debated about telling his best friend about the weird, but exhilarating feelings he just felt for AJ. Nick decided to tell him. When he got done, Brian’s jaw was dropped and his face had a look of deep confusion on it.

Nick looked at his best friend and sighed. He closed his eyes and asked in a horrified whisper, “I messed up big time didn’t I Frick?”

…..

End Notes:

The next couple chapters will be in different point of views of the boys'. I hope you enjoy!

Chapter 2 -- Baby Dorough Arrives by BambiBone
Author's Notes:

This chapter isn't NEARLY as interesting as the first one, but I wanted to add some Howie into

As Howie waited to get his luggage from baggage claim so he could return home to his pregnant wife and his oldest son, he got a three page text from Brian. He opened it just as he saw his bags. He grabbed his bags before he started reading it.

When Howie started walking toward the airport doors, he started reading the text. He got halfway through it when he dropped his bag and almost tripped over them. Several people ran into him and cursed.

“Sorry,” he said to the people around him, putting his phone back into his pocket, picked his bags pack up, and started back towards the doors.

Howie didn’t take out his phone again until he flagged down a taxi and was on his way home. He reread Brian’s text again. He couldn’t believe what he was reading. Nick had confided in Brian that he and Rochelle had been talking behind AJ’s back and had developed feelings for each other. Nick had also told Brian that today he had had some strong, weird feelings for AJ.

And Brian wants me to not tell anyone? Howie thought to himself. Well, for Nick, I guess I can keep my mouth shut.

It didn’t take long for him to get home. When he got his stuff out of the cab, Howie looked at his house and sighed with happiness. As he started up the walkway, the front door opened and James came sprinting out. Howie dropped his bags and caught his son midflight.

“Dada.” James said, hugging his dad’s neck and giving him a big kiss on the cheek.

Howie hugged James close to him and said, “I’ve missed you baby boy.”

Leigh came waddling down the walkway to great him as well. Howie let James down and rushed to her so she didn’t have to walk far. As he took her into his arms, he asked lovingly,

“How are you baby girl? I’ve missed you so much.”

 Before she could answer, he planted a passionate kiss on her lips. She responded gratefully, putting all her love and passion into it. Howie pulled back breathlessly, smiled, and said,

“Calm down baby girl. You’ve got a baby Dorough in your tummy, remember?”

Leigh smiled up at him and said in her sweet, honey tainted voice, “Let’s go inside before me, baby James, and the new baby don’t freeze to death.”

Howie smiled at her and said, “You guys go on ahead as I get my stuff.”

Leigh took James’ hand and led him back into the house. Howie picked up his luggage and headed after them. As he stepped inside and closed the door, he sighed as the warmth spread over him. It felt good to be inside of his warm house and not outside, shooting that dreaded commercial. I’m glad it’s over. Howie thought to himself as he started to bring his stuff to the master bedroom.

James came running in behind him and jumped onto the king sized bed as Howie put his suitcases on it. James held up his arms and said, “Daddy, play.”

Howie picked up his son and said, “Not now James boy. Daddy’s tired. Let’s go see what momma’s making for dinner.”

He carried his son downstairs and into the kitchen. As he put James on the counter, he turned to Leigh and asked, “What’s for dinner, sweetheart?”

Leigh turned away from the stove to face her husband and said, “Simple tacos.”

James cheered and clapped. Howie smiled and swept his son into his arms and kissed his forehead. He turned back to his wife and said, “Tacos sound good.” He put his son down and watched him run into his playroom.

As she went to the fridge for the taco toppings, Leigh asked, “Are you okay, Howard? You seem concerned about something.”

Howie shook his head to clear it. He was thinking about Nick’s situation and what AJ would do to him if he found out about Nick and Rochelle. Or what he would do if he found out that Nick had some funny, confused feelings for him as well.

“Howie?”

He shook his head and said, “Yeah, sorry. I was just thinking about the boys.”

“Is everything okay with them?” Leigh asked as she started dicing up tomatoes, peppers, and onions.

Howie thought about what to tell Leigh. He didn’t want to betray Nick any more than already has been done. As much as he annoyed Howie, he still loved Nick like a brother and didn’t want to cause him anymore trouble.

“Howie, is everything okay with the boys?” Leigh asked again, coming over and wrapping her around his waist. He saw the concern in her eyes. She cared about the boys just as much as he did. He closed his eyes, sighed, and wrapped his arms around her shoulders.

“Nick isn’t and I’m not sure AJ is going to be either.” Howie finally answered, his eyes still closed.

“What’s wrong with Nick and AJ?” Leigh asked softly, with her head on his chest. “Other than the obvious because of the breakups?”

Howie sighed and opened his eyes. “I’m not sure I’m at liberty to tell, Leigh, but I’m sure they can figure it out. I’m just hoping it’s sooner rather than later.”

“Well, Howard,” Leigh said, looking hurt by the lack of information. “if you’re sure they can figure it out, don’t beat yourself up over it, okay?”

Howie nodded, his heart giving a little squeeze. He hated it when Leigh looked hurt by something he did, or didn’t, say. Sometimes, he thought she did it on purpose, to get him to tell her things.

Well, Howie thought to himself. It’s not going to work this time. I will keep the boys’ secrets until the day I die.

He went to go play with James as Leigh finished making dinner. He couldn’t believe how fast his little boy was growing. James was three now and he was going to be a big brother in about a week. Howie couldn’t believe how fast his little family was growing and he couldn’t be happier. They planned on naming this boy after Howie.  When Leigh agreed to the name, he was ecstatic. At first, it looked like she wasn’t going to for it.

He picked James up and carried him to the dining room when Leigh called them for dinner. As Howie set him in his chair, James asked, “Brother?”

“Not yet baby.” Leigh said, putting a little taco on his plate. “Brother isn’t ready yet.”

“Your brother will be here soon, baby boy.” Howie said, getting himself two tacos.

Leigh, who had been on a strict diet for the baby, sat down with nothing but a salad. Howie crinkled his nose at it as he took a bite of his taco. Leigh saw him and stuck her tongue out at him and said, “Oh shut it, Howard. You know it’s only until the baby comes.”

“Whatever you say, sweetheart.” Howie said, laughing at her. Leigh stuck her tongue out at him again as James laughed too.

“Oh, you think that’s funny, do you?” Howie asked his son. James giggled again and this time Leigh joined in, snorting into her salad.

Howie picked up his son and started tickling him, which made him giggle harder. Somewhere in the middle of the tickling/giggling war, Howie heard his wife gasp in pain. He quickly put James down and rushed over to his wife.

“Honey, what’s wrong?” Howie asked; worry in his voice and in his eyes

“The baby.” She gasped. “He’s coming.”

“Okay, okay.” Howie said, getting nervous and helping his wife up. “Come on, the bag is in the car. Come on James, baby brother is on his way.”

James looked at his father with confusion on his face. Howie held out his free hand and his son ran up and grabbed it. He quickly led his son and wife to their sedan. As he strapped James into his car seat, he heard Leigh whimper in pain as she tried to get into the passenger’s seat. Howie rushed around the car to help her in gently.

As he got into the driver’s seat and started the car, Leigh gasped, “Call our parents.”

“I will sweetie, just let me get the car on the road.” Howie reassured her as he pulled out of the driveway and headed toward the hospital. Halfway there, he called his mom and dad and then Leigh’s parents. Both sets of parents, sounded excited and said they’d be on their way. Both sets also lived about two hours away from the hospital, so it would take them awhile to get there.

Howie floored it into the hospital parking lot and was lucky enough to find a parking space right next to the doors. He sprinted out of the car and got a wheelchair for Leigh. After getting Leigh into the wheelchair, he got James out of his car seat.

“Stay close to mommy, okay James.” Leigh gasped, as Howie put James down. He grabbed the wheelchair’s arm as Howie pushed it into the ER.

“My wife’s pregnant! The baby’s about to come!” Howie shouted the whole, desperate for help.

A nurse came surging forward and took control of Leigh’s wheelchair. “Follow me.” She demanded nicely.

Howie picked up James and followed the nurse to an empty room. Howie set James in a chair and then helped the nurse quickly get Leigh changed into a hospital gown.

“The doctor should be here any minute.”  The nurse reassured them as she helped Leigh onto the bed.

“Good.” Leigh gasped. “Because this baby isn’t waiting any longer and it’s coming now.”

The nurse and Howie looked at each other, both with their eyes wider than dimes. The nurse rushed forward and took a position at the end of the bed as Howie went to the side of the bed and grabbed Leigh’s hand. The nurse’s head popped out from under Leigh’s gown, eyes even wider than before.

Just as the nurse said, “I can see the baby’s head.” The doctor came rushing in, putting on gloves. The nurse quickly moved out of the way and let the doctor take over.

“Okay, the baby’s head is halfway out.” The doctor confirmed. “I need you to push on three. One, two, three.”

Leigh pushed, screamed, and almost broke Howie’s hand all at the same time.

“Okay, good. The head is all the way out. Now take a breath.” The doctor instructed. “”Now another push on the count of three. One, two, three.

Leigh pushed again, this time breaking Howie’s hand for sure.

“Alright, you’re going good sweetheart.” The doctor said. “He’s almost all the way out; he just needs one more big push to help him along.”

Leigh took a few short breaths and gave another tremendous push. The next thing they knew, the doctor was holding a screaming, bloody, but healthy looking baby boy.

“Dad, would you like to cut the cord?” the doctor asked a dazed Howie.

Howie nodded and cut the cord just like he had done for James. When the nurse took the baby to be cleaned, the doctor asked, “Do you have a name for the new baby.”

Leigh told him and he went to make the birth certificate for baby Howie. The older Howie looked at his wife, still dazed and hand still broken, but forgotten. “He’s here.” He croaked at her.

Her face finally broke into a smile as she said, “I know. Our baby boy is here.”

“Brother?” James piped up from his chair.

Howie jumped, banging his broken hand on the rail of the bed. His eyes started to water in pain as he herd Leigh say,

“Yes, brother. He’s finally here James.”

James clapped and giggled before running to sit on Leigh’s hospital bed. Howie leaned down and kissed their foreheads before asking,

“You’ll be alright by yourself for a few minutes right, sweetie? I want to text the boys the good news.”

“James and I will be fine for a few minutes.” Leigh smiled. “Just don’t take too long. I want baby Howie’s whole family here when he comes back.”

“Don’t worry, it won’t take too long.” Howie said, kissing them again. “I’m just going to go out to the lobby, send them the text, and I’ll be right back in.”

James waved at his dad as he went out to the lobby. Howie pulled out his blackberry, typed a new message saying “Leigh just had the baby.” And then clicked on the send to, and selected Kevin, Brian, AJ, and Nick’s numbers and then hit send. When he made sure it sent to them all, he hurried back to the room just in time to see baby Howie arrive, cleaned, dried, and wrapped in a blue blanket along with a pacifier in his mouth.

He was asleep, and even being only two hours old, he slept just like his big brother and his father.

…..

End Notes:

I promise that I'll try to make chapter 3 as interesting as chapter 1 to make up for this one!

Chapter 3 - Kevin’s Confrontation In L.A by BambiBone
Author's Notes:

And finally, here's chapter 3!

“Damn it, Nick.” Kevin burst out as he read Brian’s text.

“What’s wrong?” Kristen asked as she parked the car in their garage.

“Nothing,” Kevin muttered. “Nick’s just getting himself into trouble.”

“Like usual?” Kristen asked with a smile as they got out of the car.

“Yeah, something like that.” Kevin muttered as he got his stuff from the back of the car.

Only this time, it’s not his normal trouble. Kevin thought to himself. Nick has gotten himself deep in this mess and I don’t know if he can get himself out.

As soon as he walked into the house, his son Mason came flying out of the living room, and hugged him hard around the waist. He dropped his luggage and hugged his son back, tight. He always missed his family so much when he was gone.

“I miss you daddy. Guess what?” Mason as ked as they went to go sit in the living room.

“What, Mason?” he asked, excited by the mere fact that Mason’s eyes were lit with excitement about telling him this news.

“I got first place in my class spelling bee!” Mason exploded with pride.

Kevin beamed at his son and said, “Good job Mason! You’re so smart.”

Mason jumped into his lap and hugged him hard again. Just then, Brian sent him another text that read,

“What do I do, Kev? Do I tell AJ?”

Kevin thought about it for a minute. He knew Brian was beating himself up over this situation because he was the honest one, but he also wanted to protect his best friend. Finally, he sent a text back saying,

“Don’t do anything just yet. Let’s see what Nick does from here.”

“Are you sure everything’s alright?” Kristen asked again as she sat down with two glasses of wine and handed him one.

He looked down at Mason as he took a drink of wine. He was now fast asleep, with his head on Kevin’s chest. He found that oddly peaceful. Finally, he looked back up at Kristen and said,

“No. Nick has gotten himself into more trouble than he usually does.”

“That’s possible?” Kristen joked as she took a sip of her wine, not taking him seriously.

Kevin looked at her, pain written on his face because of his brother’s trouble. Kristen took in the look on his face, quickly put down her wine glass, took his face into her hands, and said,

“It’ll be okay, Kev. It always is. We’ll find a way to get him out of it. Now tell me what trouble he’s in.”

He looked deep into his wife’s eyes and broke down. He told her everything about the situation Nick was in. Kevin desperately wanted to get Nick out of this situation before he or AJ got hurt.

When he got done, Kristen kissed him lightly on the lips, and said, “Let’s get Mason into bed and then we can find a way to fix this before Nick and AJ get hurt more than they already are.”

Kevin nodded and set down his empty glass. He picked Mason up and headed for the stairs. On the way up, he started to wonder if he should have told Kristen about Nick’s situation. They had no secrets between them, but this was a big thing for Nick and Kevin felt as if he was betraying his trust by telling her. He was dedicated to the boys just as much as he was to Kristen, if not more. He owed his life to everything he and the boys have done.

As he tucked Mason into bed, he started to get more doubtful. He absolutely hated that he had just betrayed Nick, even if it was to Kristen. She was good friends with both Lauren and Rochelle and he wasn’t sure if she’d tell Lauren and then blow up on Rochelle. She was rash when it came to situations like this.

He was afraid of what he’d catch her doing as he quietly closed Mason’s door and went across the hall to their room. As he walked into the room, Kristen was just setting her phone on the table on her side of the room. She looked up at Kevin innocently.

Kevin’s heart squeezed in fear as he asked her, “Who were you texting?”

“Just one of my friends.” Kristen answered guilty as he took off his shoes and shirts.

“About what?” he asked again as he slipped out of his pants and got into bed. His heart was beating out of his chest and blood was rushing in his ears.

He was torn between anger and relief as she lay down next to him. She snuggled up close to him and said, “I just told them that my love was home.”

He took her into his arms and looked into her eyes. After son long together, he could tell when Kristen was lying and when she wasn’t. This was one of those times when she was. His hurt flashed in his eyes and he let her go.

“You’re lying to me.” He whispered in anger, sitting up.

Kristen pulled and almost perfect expression of confusion. “What are you talking about, sweetie?” she sat up as well.

Kevin looked at her, his anger finally coming through, “You know what I’m talking about sweetie. Who were you really texting?”

This time, Kristen’s scared look was real. She rarely saw Kevin angry. Heck, nobody saw him angry.

“What?” Kevin snapped, getting up. “Did you really think I couldn’t tell that you were lying to me, Kristen?”

Kristen sat in silence for a couple minutes as she watched him pace back and forth in anger. Finally, in a small voice, she said,

“I’m sorry, Kevin. It was Rochelle. I just wanted to see what she said about it. Get her side of the story, you know?”

Kevin stopped pacing and looked at her. He was still pissed at her for being so careless with Nick’s situation, but he was coming down and becoming a little more rational. He took a deep breath and said,

“Kristen, why would you do that? You know Rochelle’s bound to tell Nick you asked! Then he’s going to wonder how you figured out and then he’s going to be hurt and pissed at Brian for telling and we don’t know what’s going to happen after that!”

Kristen gasped in shock. She clearly didn’t run that scenario through her head. Her eyes started to tear up as she realized the extent of her text. Kevin sat back down and engulfed her in his arms. He was still mad, but he hated seeing Kristen cry. He loved her with all of her heart.

“Shh, baby. It’s okay, I know you were just trying to help Nick.” He whispered to her as he stroked her hair. She had started crying harder, and he hugged her tighter to his chest.

“I’m so sorry, Kevin.” Kristen said in a whisper, still crying.

“Shh, baby. Just calm down, okay? I understand.” Kevin whispered again, kissing her forehead.

Kristen sighed at the kiss and relaxed into his chest. Just as she went in for a deep, passionate kiss, her phone vibrated on the bedside table. She looked at Kevin with wide, scared eyes. He sighed and closed his eyes.

“Read it and see what she says.” Kevin said in a very strained voice.

Kristen pulled out of his arms gently and got her phone. Kevin felt her gasp more than he heard it. Next thing he knew, his wife was shaking with anger. Kristen never got angry at anything or anyone.

“What’s wrong baby?” Kevin asked, taking her into his arms again, concerned about what could make his sweet, lovely wife angry.

“It’s her.” Kristen growled in response. “Rochelle.”

“What did she say?” Kevin growled too, instantly defensive for his wife and Nick.

“She said that what she did with Nick was her business and if Nick and AJ got hurt because of it, so bet it. She said it’s not her problem.” Kristen informed him, sounding downright pissed.

“That fucking bitch!” Kevin barked. “Who the hell does that whore think she is!”

“Kevin, we have to warn Nick.” Kristen said, worry in her voice. “And AJ. I don’t know if I can stand to see them hurt anymore.”

Kevin nodded and said, “I’ll text Brian everything and tell him to warn Nick. If anyone can get through to him, it’s Brain.”

Kristen nodded as he got out of bed and went to fish his phone out of his jeans pocket.

“I just hope he listens to Brian.” Kevin said, coming back to the bed. “When Nick think somebody loves him, he doesn’t listen to anyone, not even Brian.”

Kristen sighed and closed her eyes. Kevin could tell she was concerned about Nick and AJ. She thought of them as brothers, just like he did.

“Okay, I just told Brian about everything.” Kevin said, sitting back down on the bed. “Are you going to reply to Rochelle?”

Kristen sighed again and said, “I’m thinking about how to reply without totally blowing up at her.”

“Well, she deserves to be blown up at. I think you should let her have it.” Kevin said his voice hardening.

Kristen smiled at him and said, “I think you’re right, sweetie. I’m going to let her have it and then I’m going to bed.”

Kevin looked at the clock as she started texting Rochelle back. It was nearly one in the morning. Next thing he knew, Kristen kissed his cheek and said,

“Good night sweetheart. I’ll see you when we wake up.

Kevin kissed her back and said, “Good night my love.”

As he started to drift into sleep, he started to think about Nick and AJ and about how this situation could kill them.

I hope we can fix this before it gets even more out of hand. Kevin thought to himself as his mind finally shut down.

…..

“Damn it, Nick.” Kevin burst out as he read Brian’s text.

“What’s wrong?” Kristen asked as she parked the car in their garage.

“Nothing,” Kevin muttered. “Nick’s just getting himself into trouble.”

“Like usual?” Kristen asked with a smile as they got out of the car.

“Yeah, something like that.” Kevin muttered as he got his stuff from the back of the car.

Only this time, it’s not his normal trouble. Kevin thought to himself. Nick has gotten himself deep in this mess and I don’t know if he can get himself out.

As soon as he walked into the house, his son Mason came flying out of the living room, and hugged him hard around the waist. He dropped his luggage and hugged his son back, tight. He always missed his family so much when he was gone.

“I miss you daddy. Guess what?” Mason as ked as they went to go sit in the living room.

“What, Mason?” he asked, excited by the mere fact that Mason’s eyes were lit with excitement about telling him this news.

“I got first place in my class spelling bee!” Mason exploded with pride.

Kevin beamed at his son and said, “Good job Mason! You’re so smart.”

Mason jumped into his lap and hugged him hard again. Just then, Brian sent him another text that read,

“What do I do, Kev? Do I tell AJ?”

Kevin thought about it for a minute. He knew Brian was beating himself up over this situation because he was the honest one, but he also wanted to protect his best friend. Finally, he sent a text back saying,

“Don’t do anything just yet. Let’s see what Nick does from here.”

“Are you sure everything’s alright?” Kristen asked again as she sat down with two glasses of wine and handed him one.

He looked down at Mason as he took a drink of wine. He was now fast asleep, with his head on Kevin’s chest. He found that oddly peaceful. Finally, he looked back up at Kristen and said,

“No. Nick has gotten himself into more trouble than he usually does.”

“That’s possible?” Kristen joked as she took a sip of her wine, not taking him seriously.

Kevin looked at her, pain written on his face because of his brother’s trouble. Kristen took in the look on his face, quickly put down her wine glass, took his face into her hands, and said,

“It’ll be okay, Kev. It always is. We’ll find a way to get him out of it. Now tell me what trouble he’s in.”

He looked deep into his wife’s eyes and broke down. He told her everything about the situation Nick was in. Kevin desperately wanted to get Nick out of this situation before he or AJ got hurt.

When he got done, Kristen kissed him lightly on the lips, and said, “Let’s get Mason into bed and then we can find a way to fix this before Nick and AJ get hurt more than they already are.”

Kevin nodded and set down his empty glass. He picked Mason up and headed for the stairs. On the way up, he started to wonder if he should have told Kristen about Nick’s situation. They had no secrets between them, but this was a big thing for Nick and Kevin felt as if he was betraying his trust by telling her. He was dedicated to the boys just as much as he was to Kristen, if not more. He owed his life to everything he and the boys have done.

As he tucked Mason into bed, he started to get more doubtful. He absolutely hated that he had just betrayed Nick, even if it was to Kristen. She was good friends with both Lauren and Rochelle and he wasn’t sure if she’d tell Lauren and then blow up on Rochelle. She was rash when it came to situations like this.

He was afraid of what he’d catch her doing as he quietly closed Mason’s door and went across the hall to their room. As he walked into the room, Kristen was just setting her phone on the table on her side of the room. She looked up at Kevin innocently.

Kevin’s heart squeezed in fear as he asked her, “Who were you texting?”

“Just one of my friends.” Kristen answered guilty as he took off his shoes and shirts.

“About what?” he asked again as he slipped out of his pants and got into bed. His heart was beating out of his chest and blood was rushing in his ears.

He was torn between anger and relief as she lay down next to him. She snuggled up close to him and said, “I just told them that my love was home.”

He took her into his arms and looked into her eyes. After son long together, he could tell when Kristen was lying and when she wasn’t. This was one of those times when she was. His hurt flashed in his eyes and he let her go.

“You’re lying to me.” He whispered in anger, sitting up.

Kristen pulled and almost perfect expression of confusion. “What are you talking about, sweetie?” she sat up as well.

Kevin looked at her, his anger finally coming through, “You know what I’m talking about sweetie. Who were you really texting?”

This time, Kristen’s scared look was real. She rarely saw Kevin angry. Heck, nobody saw him angry.

“What?” Kevin snapped, getting up. “Did you really think I couldn’t tell that you were lying to me, Kristen?”

Kristen sat in silence for a couple minutes as she watched him pace back and forth in anger. Finally, in a small voice, she said,

“I’m sorry, Kevin. It was Rochelle. I just wanted to see what she said about it. Get her side of the story, you know?”

Kevin stopped pacing and looked at her. He was still pissed at her for being so careless with Nick’s situation, but he was coming down and becoming a little more rational. He took a deep breath and said,

“Kristen, why would you do that? You know Rochelle’s bound to tell Nick you asked! Then he’s going to wonder how you figured out and then he’s going to be hurt and pissed at Brian for telling and we don’t know what’s going to happen after that!”

Kristen gasped in shock. She clearly didn’t run that scenario through her head. Her eyes started to tear up as she realized the extent of her text. Kevin sat back down and engulfed her in his arms. He was still mad, but he hated seeing Kristen cry. He loved her with all of her heart.

“Shh, baby. It’s okay, I know you were just trying to help Nick.” He whispered to her as he stroked her hair. She had started crying harder, and he hugged her tighter to his chest.

“I’m so sorry, Kevin.” Kristen said in a whisper, still crying.

“Shh, baby. Just calm down, okay? I understand.” Kevin whispered again, kissing her forehead.

Kristen sighed at the kiss and relaxed into his chest. Just as she went in for a deep, passionate kiss, her phone vibrated on the bedside table. She looked at Kevin with wide, scared eyes. He sighed and closed his eyes.

“Read it and see what she says.” Kevin said in a very strained voice.

Kristen pulled out of his arms gently and got her phone. Kevin felt her gasp more than he heard it. Next thing he knew, his wife was shaking with anger. Kristen never got angry at anything or anyone.

“What’s wrong baby?” Kevin asked, taking her into his arms again, concerned about what could make his sweet, lovely wife angry.

“It’s her.” Kristen growled in response. “Rochelle.”

“What did she say?” Kevin growled too, instantly defensive for his wife and Nick.

“She said that what she did with Nick was her business and if Nick and AJ got hurt because of it, so bet it. She said it’s not her problem.” Kristen informed him, sounding downright pissed.

“That fucking bitch!” Kevin barked. “Who the hell does that whore think she is!”

“Kevin, we have to warn Nick.” Kristen said, worry in her voice. “And AJ. I don’t know if I can stand to see them hurt anymore.”

Kevin nodded and said, “I’ll text Brian everything and tell him to warn Nick. If anyone can get through to him, it’s Brain.”

Kristen nodded as he got out of bed and went to fish his phone out of his jeans pocket.

“I just hope he listens to Brian.” Kevin said, coming back to the bed. “When Nick think somebody loves him, he doesn’t listen to anyone, not even Brian.”

Kristen sighed and closed her eyes. Kevin could tell she was concerned about Nick and AJ. She thought of them as brothers, just like he did.

“Okay, I just told Brian about everything.” Kevin said, sitting back down on the bed. “Are you going to reply to Rochelle?”

Kristen sighed again and said, “I’m thinking about how to reply without totally blowing up at her.”

“Well, she deserves to be blown up at. I think you should let her have it.” Kevin said his voice hardening.

Kristen smiled at him and said, “I think you’re right, sweetie. I’m going to let her have it and then I’m going to bed.”

Kevin looked at the clock as she started texting Rochelle back. It was nearly one in the morning. Next thing he knew, Kristen kissed his cheek and said,

“Good night sweetheart. I’ll see you when we wake up.

Kevin kissed her back and said, “Good night my love.”

As he started to drift into sleep, he started to think about Nick and AJ and about how this situation could kill them.

I hope we can fix this before it gets even more out of hand. Kevin thought to himself as his mind finally shut down.

…..

Chapter 4 - Trouble In Atlanta by BambiBone
Author's Notes:

This capter is VERY steamy. I hope y'all don't hate me too much after you read it!

Brian woke up the next morning and read Kevin’s text. He groaned and said, “Damn it, that’s not good.”

As he rolled out of bed and headed to the bathroom, Leighanne called out, “What’s wrong, Bri?”

Brian splashed water on his face and sighed. This is really not how he wanted to start his morning. He didn’t tell Leighanne and AJ about Nick’s problem, but he did tell Howie and Kevin. He just didn’t know what to do. Rochelle was going to hurt both AJ and Nick and not give a damn about it.

Leighanne came into the bathroom and wrapped her arms around his waist from the back.

“What’s wrong, love?” she asked softly, resting her head on his back.

He relaxed a little at his wife’s embraced. He sighed and closed his eyes.

“Love, if I tell you something, will you keep it to yourself and help me figure it all out?” he asked softly, hoping to get this weight off his shoulders.

“Or course, love. I’ll help you with anything, you know that.” Leighanne answered seriously, tightening her grip on her husband’s waist reassuringly.

He grabbed Leighanne’s hand and led her back to their bed. He quickly and quietly told Leighanne about Nick’s situation and about what Kevin and Kristen found out from Rochelle last night.

When he finished, Leighanne sat there with shock and anger on her face. Brian took her into his arms and held her tight. He just wanted to get all of this done with and have everyone to stopped getting hurt.

“What do we do, Leighanne?” Brian asked, sounding a little scared.

“Well, let’s get through breakfast first,” Leighanne answered, pulling out of Brian’s arms. “Then we should listen to Kevin and warn Nick. He deserves to know.”

Brian sighed again and said, “Okay, let’s get dressed and go start breakfast.”

The both got up and went to their closet. They chose matching Waylee shirts and some simple blue jeans. Today was going to be a tough day and they both knew it as they dressed in silence.

…..

AJ laid in bed, next to Nick, thinking. Thinking about Rochelle and her issues. Thinking about the weird look Nick gave him last night and wondering what was going through his head.

AJ knew that look well. He had seen Nick give it to Lauren many times. That confused AJ a lot, but for some reason, it also thrilled him as well. Which confused him even more. He didn’t know what the fallout would be if he started having more than brotherly feelings for Nick.

But just thinking about having those feelings for Nick got AJ aroused and the next thing he knew, his junk started to get hard.

“Oh, God.” AJ moaned, hoping Nick wouldn’t wake up. AJ put his hand into his underwear and started to take care of his junk with thoughts of Nick in his head.

As his hand started to move faster, he started to moan, deep and hard. He tried to quiet it down so he didn’t wake Nick. But that made him even harder, because he started imagining Nick’s hand moving hard, rough, and fast on his dick. That made him moan even louder.

Nick stirred in his sleep. Oh, no. AJ thought to himself, working faster on his junk, hoping to God he’d finish before Nick woke up. But the next thing he knew, Nick’s eyes were open, watching him jerk off.

Nick slowly looked from AJ’s face to his hard dick. Slowly, Nick’s hand moved to it and started helping. AJ moaned deep as Nick started going faster.

“Oh, Nicky.” AJ moaned breathlessly. “Don’t stop, baby.”

Nick moaned in pleasure as well and said, “I won’t, Jay. Baby, just let me make it all come out.”

AJ moaned again and said, “It’s almost out baby, keep going.”

Nick surprised him even more by getting on top and putting his fully loaded dick in his mouth and started sucking. AJ moaned hard, grabbed Nick’s hair, and started helping him move his head up and down faster. When AJ discharged, Nick swallowed it, made his way up to AJ’s face and gave him a passionate kiss. AJ wrapped his arms around Nick and kissed him back. There was a lot of tongue and passion in it.

They were interrupted by a sharp knock on the door and Brian saying, “Up and at ‘em boys. Breakfast is hot and waiting.”

AJ and Nick had jumped apart when Brian knocked. As soon as they heard Brian do down the stairs, they looked at each other and blushed. They got dressed quickly without looking at or speaking to each other.

As they entered the kitchen, they were bombarded with the delicious smell of eggs, bacon, sausage, and toast. They both inhaled deeply. They smiled as they sat on separate sides of the table. Nick sat beside Baylee as AJ sat on the other side. They were both still blushing deeply.

As Nick reached for a piece of toast, Brian slapped his hand from the head of the table. “We pray before we eat here, Nickolas. You know that.”

They all bowed their heads as Baylee led them in prayer. It was quick and as soon as it was done, all five of them dug in as if they hadn’t eaten in a week.

“This is so good.” Nick said with a mouth full of eggs and sausage.

Baylee, AJ, and Brian laughed as Leighanne said, “Ew, Nick. Chew and swallow your foods before you speak.”

Nick choked on his food and Brian had to thump him on the back several times. AJ knew what he was thinking, because he had the same thing going through his mind.

“Are you okay, Nick?” Leighanne asked with concern as Nick raised his head, coughing.

“Yeah, fine.” Nick breathed, blushing and glancing at AJ.

“Are you sure?” Brian asked, noticing the look between AJ and Nick, but didn’t say anything.

Nick coughed one last time and said normally, “Yeah, I’m sure.”

“Alright, if you’re sure and everybody’s done, I’ll do the dishes as you guys relax. You deserve it.” Leighanne said, grabbing all the dirty dishes. “Bay, you wanna help?”

“Sure momma.” Baylee answered, skipping into the kitchen behind Leighanne.

“AJ, Nick.” Brian started, standing up. “Can I talk to you guys out on the deck?”

AJ and Nick glanced at each other, confused and worried.

“Sure, Bri.” AJ answered for himself and Nick as they got up and followed Brian out onto the deck.

“What’s up, BRok?” AJ asked as they stepped out onto the deck and Brian closed the sliding glass door.

“Yeah, Frick, what’s going on?” Nick asked, more nervous than AJ.

Brian turned to face them and said, “Well Nick, it’s mainly about your situation.”

AJ looked confused as Nick’s jaw dropped in disbelief.

“Guys, sit down, this is gonna take a while and it’s gonna be hard to hear.” Brian suggested before he started.

…..

Chapter 5 - Wait, What? by BambiBone
Author's Notes:

More twists and turned. Nick ends up leaving, but he does he go to?

Brian, AJ, and Nick all sat in silence on Brian's deck. They were in shock and had been for the last ten minutes.

After Brian had dropped the bombshell about Rochelle and Nick and Rochelle's plan for hurting Nick, AJ had dropped the bombshell about what he and Nick had done that morning.

"You what?" Brian and AJ said together, Brian looking between AJ and Nick while AJ glared at Nick with the deepest anger and hurt.

Nick had just sat there looking conflicted. He got up quickly and said, "I'm so sorry guys, oh so sorry. I-I have to think."

Nick ran back into the house and through the front door. Brian tried to hide his look of disgust from AJ, without much success.

"Why don't you just say it, Brian?" AJ burst out angrily. "You hate us now. I see that look you've been giving us."

AJ got out of his chair so forcefully that he knocked it over. He stared at it for a second, then turned his back on it and Brian, and proceeded to storm into the house and up to the guest room to pack his stuff.

Brian just sat there with a blank look, disgusted and confused. He didn't even notice it when Leighanne came out and knelt by his chair. He was so far gone out of his mind.

"Brian." Leighanne said loudly, shaking him. "Brian, what happened? Tell me what's wrong."

Brian finally looked at his wife, face still blank and said flatly, "Not now, Leighanne. I have something I've got to take care of."

He got up, walked around Leighanne into the house. He was going to confront AJ for doing, it, in his house, in his guest bedroom, in the same place where his son was. He didn't care if it came to blows with AJ, he was just so pissed. He passed a scared looking Baylee on the way up the stairs. Brian tried to control his anger, so he wouldn't scare his son any more than he already has been done.

When he got to the guest room, the door was closed, and Brain could hear AJ packing. He opened the door rather roughly. AJ was standing at the end of the bed, throwing his clothes in his suitcase. Brian could tell that he was still pissed at the situation with Nick and Rochelle and that no one told him. This situation could go from bad to worse very fast.

Brian grabbed AJ's arm, swung him around, and said, " What the hell where you thinking, AJ? With my son in the house!"

"Look Brian, I didn't mean for it to happen. It just did. And I'm regretting it more than you'll ever know." AJ said softly.

Brian hadn't been expecting the look of pain and sorry that had appeared on AJ's face. All of his anger disappeared in an instant and he embraced his brother.

"Listen, AJ. I'm so sorry, for everything. I'm sorry I didn't tell you last night." Brain said softly as AJ started crying on his shoulder.

"AJ, sit down." Brian said calmly, taking control of the situation. "You're not getting anywhere right now. We're gonna figure everything out and you're going to stay here until we do, okay?"

AJ sat down and nodded. He took a couple breaths to try and calm him down.

"AJ, I'm going to go get you some water, okay?" Brain said, heading to the door.

AJ nodded again and Brian left the room. The moment he left, AJ broke down completely. He felt miserable, and broken, and sad, and vulnerable. He didn't know what to do and didn't know how to handle the situation. His whole world and everything he knew has come crashing down on him.

Brian walked softly back into the room and sat down on the bed next to him. He handed AJ the glass of water and said,

"Here, drink this. It'll make you feel better."                                             

AJ took it and drank it gratefully. "Thank you, Brian. It means a lot that you're here."

Brian nodded and said, "I'll always be here for you. AJ, I think you should call your mom. She can help you through this, too."

AJ sighed and tried to control himself again. "I think I'll do that. Thanks again, Brian."

Brian smiled and said, "No problem, Jay. I'm going to go find Nick and talk to him. I'm going to rip him a new one."

AJ's face went stony and he didn't say anything. Brian knew what he was thinking.

"Don't sweat it, Jay. They won't know what hit them. Nick or Rochelle." Brian confirmed as he headed toward the door again. "Now, call your mom, okay?"

As the door closed, AJ sighed and curled into a ball on the bed, clutching a pillow. He was going to take Brian's advice and call his mom. She always knew what to do. He got his phone out of his pocket and dialed her number, hoping she was home and that she would answer.

"Hello, Denise McLean speaking." AJ's mom answered on the third ring.

"Momma," AJ whispered into the phone. "It's Alex. I need your help."

.....

Nick had been walking around the streets of Atlanta in an angry stupor for about an hour before it started raining.

"Damn it!" he shouted into the wind, scaring several passer-byers.

Just my damn luck! Nick thought angrily to himself. My life just fucking sucks!

Just as he went to cross a random street, Brian's car came skidding in front of him, blocking his path. Brian rolled down the window and said angrily,

"Get into the car, Nick, right now!"

Nick was about to retort with some smart ass answer, but three cars were suddenly behind Brian's, beeping angrily. Nick quickly got into the car, rolled up the window and put on his seat belt. Brian did a quick U-turn and started heading back to the house.

"Nick, what the hell were you thinking?" Brian burst out at the first red light they came too. "Why the hell would you play on AJ's emotions like that? In my house, with Baylee there?"

Nick just stared at the stop light without saying anything. He didn't understand why Brian was taking AJ's side. AJ played with Nick's emotions just as much as Nick did with his.

"What? You're not going to say anything?" Brian asked, still pissed as they started moving again.

"What do you want me to say, Brian?" Nick snapped, finally letting his anger and hurt get the best of him. "To say I'm sorry? Well, that's not going to happen because I'm not."

Brian pulled angrily into the driveway and said, "Get out. Get out, pack your shit, and leave my house. Don't look back and don't call until you realize what you've done."

Brian got out of the car and slammed the door. Nick got out and yelled, "What? You're just going to kick me out of your life? What about AJ, did you tell him to leave, too?"

Brian stopped at the door, turned around and said, "Yes, just like that. And no, AJ's staying. He realized what he's done."

Nick stood in the yard for a second, stunned, then followed Brian into the house. He stormed up to the guest room. The door was closed and there was no sound coming from inside.

Nick banged the door open angrily, and then noticed AJ was sleeping on the bed, curled up with a pillow. Nick was still pissed, so he grabbed his stuff, and threw it all in his suitcase. He slammed the door shut on his way out and made a lot of noise on his way downstairs.

Brian, Leighanne, and Baylee were standing in the living room when he got there. Brian and Leighanne looked pissed and Baylee looked confused.

"We called you a cab." Leighanne said in a clipped voice. "It's waiting outside for you. Take it wherever you want to go."

Nick nodded curtly and headed out to the cab. He told the driver to take him to the airport. When he got there, he bought a ticket for the next flight to L.A. As he was waiting for the plane to board, Nick dialed the most familiar number on his cell.

"Hello?" Lauren answered on the first ring.

Nick hesitated and then said, "Lauren, can I come home? I need you now more than ever."

.....

They watched Nick walked out of their house and their lives with a little bit of relief.

Baylee pulled and Brian's shirt and asked, "Daddy, why does Uncle Nick have to leave? Did he do something wrong?"

Brian knelt down to Baylee's level and with solemn eyes, said, "Yes, Bay, he did something really wrong and he needs time alone to think about it. But right now isn't the time to talk about it, okay? Why don't you go read or watch TV?"

Baylee looked more confused than ever when he said, "Okay, dad. I love you."

He gave Brian and Leighanne a hug and then went up to his room. Brian watched him go with pain in his eyes. He didn't like lying to Baylee, it wasn't the way he and Leighanne raised him.

Leighanne wrapped him in her arms and whispered, "You couldn't tell him this, not now anyway. It would kill him."

Brian returned the embrace and sighed. "Leighanne, I don't feel good about this. What if Nick doesn't come to his sense and does something stupid? And what if he doesn't come back and we lose him forever? I don't think I could handle that."

"He'll come around, Brian. It might not be as soon as you want it too and it might not be in the way you expect it too, but it'll happen. He needs you guys more than you realize." Leighanne reassured him quietly.

"Are you sure?" Brian asked, still looking afraid.

"Yes, I'm sure. I'm going to go check on AJ. Why don't you call Kevin and Howie and let them know what's going on?" Leighanne suggested as she headed to the stairs.

Brian nodded and pulled out his phone. He dialed Kevin's number first and when he answered, Brain started explaining everything that had happened over the last few hours.

.....    

 

Chapter 6 - Back In LA by BambiBone

"Wait, Brain." Kevin said, standing in his front yard. "Slow down. AJ and Nick did what?"

Kevin had been on his way to the store for Kristen when Brian called. Kevin was gettin nervous with stress. Kristen thought she was pregnant again and now this situation with Nick and AJ was getting worse.

"Oh my God, they did that in your house?" Kevin asked, flabbergasted at what Brian just told him.

"Then Nick just left? Did he say where he was going?" Kevin fired another question at Brian.

"Okay, listen Brian. I have to go to the store for Kristen, she thinks she's pregnant again." Kevin explained, getting into his car. "When I get back, I'll call Nick and try and talk some sense into him, okay?"

Kevin hung up the phone and started the car.  Before pulling out of the driveway, Kevin sighed, closed his eyes, and leaned back against the seat. He was starting to get a headache and he felt like problem aftern problem kept hitting him from all sides.

He finally pulled out of the driveway while thinking to himself, Can this all be over soon? I need a break!

When he finally made it to the coner store, he decided to get some Advil along with Kristen's pregnanct test. It took him about five minutes to find a parking spot.

As he parked and shut off the car, Kevin mutter to himself, "About dang time, I just want to get home."

He got out and sprinted into the store. He found the Advil straight away, but it took him about ten minutes of strained searching to find the pregnancy tests. Just as he found the right aisle, his phone started ringing. Kevin pulled it out of the pocket and checked the caller ID; it was Kristen.

"Hey baby, what's up?" He answered the phone quickly.

Are you at the store? Kristen asked.

"Yup. I'm in the pregnancy test aisle. Which do I pick? There's so many of them!" Kevin asked, confused as he looked at all the boxes.

Just choose one. Kristen answered.  And get home soon.

"Okay, babe. I'll be home soon." Kevin answered as he pick a random box and headed to the counter.

Kristen hung up just as it was Kevin's turn to pay. As the clerk rung up the Advil and the test and bagged them, she asked,

"Expecting a new addition to the family?"

"That's what we're about to find out." Kevin answered as he paid and took his bag.

He smiled at the clerk and left the store. It had gotten a whole lot colder outside. He went to his car as fast as he could and jumped in. He threw the bag into the passenger seat, started the car, and turned the heat up. When it got warm enough in the car, Kevin pulled out of the parking space and headed home. It took less time to get home than it did to get to the store. When Kevin parked the car in the driveway, Kristen opened the door and waited for him.

He got out of the car quickly and headed to his wife. Whe he got to the door, he hugged her gently and said,

"Let's get inside baby, it's cold. I don't want you to get sick."

They stepped inside and Kevin shut the door against the cold. As soon as the door was closed, Kevin and Kristen headed into the living room where a nice warm fire was going in the fireplace. Kevin took the Adivl and pregnancy test out of the bag, put them on the coffee table, and went into the kitchen to throw his bag away. When he got back to the living room, Kristen and the pregnancy test were gone.

He sighed and sat down. He opened the Advil bottle, took two pills out and took the with the water he had been drinking earlier. Kevin closed his eyes and laid his head on the couch as he waited for Kristen to come back with the results.

If she's pregnant again, I hope it's a baby girl. Kevin thought to himself. Just as his headache started to ebe away, he heard Kristen's small yell from the bathroom. Kevin go up so fast, he knocked his glass of water off of the coffee table. He didn't bother to stop and pick it up because he was too concerned about his wife. When he made it to the bathroom, Kristen was sitting on the floor, staring at the test in her hands.

Kevin knelt down next to Kristen, took her face into his hands and asked, "Baby, what's wrong?"

Kristen looked deep into Kevin's eyes and whispered, "We're going to have another baby. Mason's going to be a big brother."

Kevin looked down at the test, which said positive, and then back to hiswife. His heart lept with joy at the news. He passionatly kissed Kristen and thanked God that Mason was staying the night at a friend's house. Kristen pulled back from the kiss breathing heavily.

"Calm down, big guy. I'm breathing for two now, remember?' Kristen giggled.

Kevin smiled and said, "I can't wait to tell everyone! Mason's going to be so happy thar he's going to be a big brother."

"Yes, yes he is!" Kristen beamed. "And so are our parents. We gotta tell them that they're going to be grandparents again."

Kevin smiled again and said, "Of course. How about you call your parents and let them know and I'll call my parents? We can inform everyone else later."

"Sounds good to me." Kristen agreed, holding her hands out to kevin so he could hekp her off the floor.

Kevin took her hands and gently helped her up. He hugged her gently. He never wanted to let her and their new baby go.

"Baby?" Kristen whispered against his chest.

"Yes, love?" Kevin asked dreamily.

"Are you going to let me go so we can tell our parents about this new bundle of joy that's gonna be added to our family?" Kristen asked, giggling again.

Kevin reluctantly let her go and smiled ather. She smiled back and gently kissed him on the lips. When she pulled back, she said,

"Let's go, handsome. We have some phone calls to make."

As they walked out of the bathroom hand in hand, Kevin had pushed everything else out of his mind, including the stress of Nick's issues and how he was supposed to call him and make sure he was okay.

.....

When Nick's plane landed in L.A, he was happier than he had been in weeks. Lauren had taken him back and she was going to pick him up from the airport. He was going to put AJ behins him and if he had too, the rest of the boys as well.

If they don't like what I do, screw them. I don't need them. Nick thought to himself as he got off the plane. Lauren said she would meet him at the bagge claim. He quickly picked his was through the crowd so he could get there and see his girl. It took him twenty minutes to get to bagge claim because of all the holiday rush.

When he finally got there, Nick spotted Lauren instantly. She was standing there, taping her foot, scanning the crowd for him. He snuck up behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist. She jumped a little and then sighed when she realized it was him.

She turned around and kissed him. After two minutes of this, Lauren pulled back and said, "Let's get your bags and get out of this crowded airport."

Nick let her go, smiled back, and said, "Sounds like a plan to me."

Nick spotted his bags, grabbed them quckly, and followed Lauren to the parking garage. They didn't speak to each other until they made it to the car. As she unlocked the trunk, Lauren said,

"I'm so glad we're going to work this out. I've missed you so much Nicky."

Nick closed the trunk, walked over to the passenger side door, looked at Lauren over the car, and said, "Me too, baby. You mean everything to me. I wasn't the same without you."

Lauren smiled as she opened her door and said, "Good. Now, let's get home because you look like crap.

Nick snorted and got inside the car as well. "Thanks babe. Way to make me feel better about myself."

As she started the car, Lauren said, "No problem, love. Anything to make you feel better."

Nick snorted again and kissed Lauren on the cheek. She smiled as he started going down the levels of the parking garage as Nick switched the stations on the radio in attempt to find a decent song to listen too. Their house was only fifeteen minutes away from the airport, so it didn't take them long to get there. When Lauren parked in the driveway, Nick sigherd and relaxed in his seat. He was so glad to be home with Lauren and the dogs. They really did mean everything to him.

"Ready to come back home, love?" Lauren asked him gently, grabbing his hand.

Nick squeezed her hand and said, "Yes. I want to be at home with you forever."

Lauren leaned over to him and kissed him with all her being. Nick kissed her back as if this his last day on Earth and he would never see Lauren again. When the pulled back, Lauren smiled at him, and said,

"God, I've missed you so much, Nickolas Gene Carter. Let's never break up again."

Nick grabbed her hand again and said, "I would never dream of it, love. It's you and me, together forever, I promise you that."

Lauren hugged him hard. When she let go, she said, "Let's go inside. The dogs are going crazy."

Nick smiled and said, "Sounds like a plan to me, baby girl."

After another quick kiss, they both got out od the car. As Lauren went to unlock the front door, Nick got all of his stuff out of the trunk. He slowly dragged it all up to the front door, letting it all sink in. As he stepped inside and closed the door, he thought tp himself with a smile, I'm finally home with the woman I love.

.....

Rochelle jsut sat in Ava's room, staring at her beautiful daughter. She was in shock. AJ's mom, Denise, had just called her, telling her that AJ was in pain and had been crying because he missed her. Rochelle didn't know what to think. She thought she was the only one who was hurting after they broke up. But now he wantsher and Ava back.

What do I do? Ro thought to herself. I really miss him too and Ava needs  her daddy in her life.

She sighed and looked at her phone. She'd been trying to convince herself to call AJ for the last hour. She was scared of what he would say. Rochelle sighed and finally decided to call him before Ava woke up from her nap. He was still number one on her speed-dial. Her thumb hovered over the call button for about two seconds before she finally pressed it. AJ answered imediantly.

"Rochelle?" he wishpered.

Ro could hear the tears and sadness in his voice.

"Yes, Alex, it's me." she whispered back. "I love you."

"Oh, Ro." he whispered. "I love you too. Both you and Ava."

"Alex?" Rochelle asked softly, scared out of her wits about what she was about to ask him becacuse she didn't know if he knew about what happened between her and Nick.

"Yes, Ro?'

"Will you please come home? We need you."

.....

End Notes:

Sorry for the wait. It wouldn't let me upload this for some reason

Chapter 7 - The Shock Sinks In by BambiBone

Howie sat in his favorite chair, facing the sliding gkass door that overlooked the ocean. He was in shock. He was glad that Leigh had to take little Howie and James to the doctors. He couldn't deal with the many questions this would bring on. He had just gotten off the phone with Brian twenty minutes previous and he'd been staring blankly into the ocean ever since.

How could AJ and Nick do that in Brian's house? Howie thought to himself. And then how could Nick just walk out like that?

Howie shook his head and stood up. He couldn't be like this when Leigh brought the boys home. He went to the kitchen to grab a beer, hoping it'd help clear his head. Brian had also told him that AJ was getting back together with Rochelle. As he sat back down and took a swif of his beer, Howie started to think to himself again.

What the hell is going on in this world of ours? He shook his head again as he heard the front door open. He stood up again to greet his wife and sons. James came running in and jumped into his arms.

"Daddy, guess what?" James asked with a smile.

Howie readjusted James on his hip and responded, "What baby boy?"

"Howie is nice and healthy." James squealed with happiness as Leigh pushed little Howie into the living room.

He smiled at James and said, "Oh yeah? And what about you?"

"I'm healthy too, daddy!" James giggled, hugginn Howie around the neck.

Howie smiled at James again, put him down and went to go hug Leigh and Little Howie. Baby Howie giggled and smiled as he picked him up.

:He was such a good boy. He didn't even cry once during the check-up!" Leigh said as she leaned in to give him a kiss.

"That's good," Howie said with a smile, totally memorized by his giggling, healthy baby boy.

For a few moments, Howie let his troubles of the past hour escape his mind. Then his phone  rang. He quickly handed little Howie to Leigh and quickly went to get his phone off of the coffee table.

When he picked up his phone and looked at the caller ID, Howie sighed in relief. It was only Kevin.

He quickly answered and said, "What's up, Kev?"

.....

AJ went back upstairs after breakfast to pack so he could catch his plane back to LA. Brian and Leighanne were shocked when he told them that he was going back home.

Brian even asked on concern, "Are you sure, Jay? We don't mind you staying here for as long as you need too."

Just as Leighanne was about to agree, AJ assured them that he was going to be fine.

Back up in the guest room, as AJ zipped up hislast piece of luggage, Baylee walked in quietly with tears in his eyes.

AJ caught sight of him, knelt down to his level, and with worry in his voice, asked, "Bay, are you okay buddy? What's wrong?"

Baylee just looked at him for a second, then burst out, "Everyone's leaving Uncle AJ! First Uncle Nick, now you. You guys were suppossed to stay here for Christmas!"

As Baylee finally burst into tears, AJ took him into his arms, and as reassuringly as he could, said, "Baylee Thomas Wylee Littrell, it's not your fault at all. Uncle Nick has some stuff he needs to work out and I have a family too, remember? How 'bout this, since I don't leave for another four hours, we can hang out. And I'll be sure to send you the best Christmas present ever."

Baylee nodded into his chest and said, a little shaky, "Okay, Uncle AJ. But you still love me, right?"

AJ held Baylee out at arms length so he could see him properly as he said, "Of course I still love you, Bay. I will always love you, no matter what happens. You know that."

Baylee hugged him and said, "Thanks, Uncle AJ. You're the best."

.....

Brian, Leighanne, and Baylee sat in shock as AJ went back upstairs to pack.

"Daddy," Baylee said in a scared voice. "Is Uncle AJ really leaving?"

Brain looked at his son, who had tears in his eyes, and frooze. He didn't know what to say to Baylee. Luckily, Leighanne was there to come to his rescue.

"Yes baby, he's really leaving, but that doesn't mean he doesn't love you, okay?"

Baylee looked between his parents a few times, then jumped away from the table and quickly ran up the stairs, tears still in his eyes.

"Baylee!" Brian and Leighanne yelled after him.

Brian sighed and closed his eyes in defeat. He was having the worst week ever and he didn't know just how much more he could handle before he completely lost his head to the madness.

He felt Leighanne get up from the table and leave the room and still did not open his eyes. He couldn't face the reality that was right in front of him until he was calm and he knew it wouldn't strain his heart, which already had enough problems.

He faintly heard Leighanne coaz Baylee out of the guest room and back downstairs. Brian relaxed a little at that. He only opened his eyes when Leighanne came back into the kitchen after getting Baylee to watch some TV.

"How's he doing?" Brian asked her as she sat back down at the table.

"Which one, Bay or Alex?" Leighanne asked back with a slight smile.

Brian took that as a good thing and said, "Both, I guess. I'm worried about them both."

Leighanne chuckled and said, "I think Bay is feeling much better than Alex is, espcially after what he just pulled up in the guest room."

Brian sat up straight and said sharply, "What did Baylee do?"

"Calm down, Bri." Leighanne said, keeping her head. "He just cried a little, fake I might add, and he made ALex feel a little guilty. Even got AJ to say the words 'I Love You'."

Brian's jaw dropped in surprise and Leighanne burst out laughing at his expression.

"What's so funny?" AJ asked, suddenly coming back into the kitchen, making them both jump. Leighanne even squealed a little.

"Alexander James McLean!" Leighanne said sharply. smaking his arm. "Don't you ever scare us like that again! You'll give us both heart attacks."

AJ chuckled and said, "You know I would never do that, Leighanne, cause if both you and Bri had had heart attacks, I would have to take care of Bay and I'm sure that wouldn't help you guys get better at all."

Both Brian and Leighanne laughed at that and then Brian said,

"Damn right it wouldn't help us get any better, you prick!"

AJ smiled, stretched, and got up.

"Well, I'm going to go watch TV with Bay before I leave," he said as he made his way to the living room.

Brian and Leiganne smiled and tried to hold in their laughter, but failed miserably. It was a light, fun atmosphere the last few hours AJ was there.

When he went to catch his plane, they each gave him a hug in turn. Before he stepped through the open dppr, he looked at Brian and said,

"Stay safe, Prick. I'll be sending your gifts in the mail soon.”

.....

End Notes:

Once again, sorry for the delay of the upload. I hope you enjoy it.

Chapter 8 - What Will The Future Hold? by BambiBone

3 Months Later

Both Brian and Howie’s flights to L.A landed at the same time. After they each got their luggage, they met at the doors of the airport to catch a cab to Kevin’s place.

In the three months they’ve been apart, not one of them had heard from Nick. AJ was back with Rochelle and Ava and doing well.

Howie and Brian were going to be staying at Kevin’s house for the next two weeks. All of them (with the exception of Nick, because no one knew what was going on with him) were going to spend the next two weeks going over the tour schedule and trying to get ahold of Nick. They already had to postpone the tour by a few months because Kevin had gotten terribly sick.

As they got into the back of the taxi and headed towards Kevin’s, Brian took a chance on the wind and attempt to get ahold of Nick. As usual, it went straight to voicemail.

“No luck than?” Howie asked as Brian put away his phone.

“Nope, it went straight to voicemail again. I can’t believe he’s doing this. After all we’ve done for the ungrateful brat.” Brain said, his anger at his best friend finally boiling over.

“Bri, I know you’re angry, but there’s not much we can do until he realizes what a big brat he’s being.” Howie said, trying to give Nick at least a little bit of a chance.

“Howie, he’s 32! He’s had time to grow up. He’s not a kid anymore.” Brian snapped, still angry.

At Brian’s outburst, the taxi driver jumped and almost swerved into the car next to them, scaring both Brian and Howie out of their wits.

“Sorry,” Brian mumbled to the driver.

Howie sighed and rolled his eyes. “Brian, this is supposed to be a happy time. We’re on our 20th anniversary and we’re going back on tour. Don’t let Nick’s childness ruin it. He’ll come around, eventually.”

“You sound like Leighanne, Howie.” Brian snorted as the taxi turned off the freeway. “She said the same thing when he left.”

Howie smiled and said, “Well, she’s a smart woman. Good thing you married her than, Brian.”

Brian snorted and smiled in return. “I guess so, huh?”

Before Howie could answer, the taxi stopped in front Kevin’s house and the driver said, “Here we are.”

They paid the fair and got their stuff out of the trunk. On their way up the sidewalk, the door flew open and Mason came running down to them.

“Brain, Howie!” He squealed, jumping into Brian’s arms.

“Hey little guy, how are you?” Brian asked as he hugged Mason.

“I’m good. Guess what?” Mason asked brightly.

“What?’ Brian asked as Kevin, Kristen, AJ, and Rochelle, who was pushing Ava in a stroller, came out to see what was taking them so long.

“I’m going to be a big brother!” Mason squealed excitedly, reaching for Howie.

Howie took him and said, “Oh yeah? Are you happy?”

“Yes!!!” Kevin, Kristen, and Mason answered at the same time.

Mason smiled, slid down from Howie’s arms, and ran back inside.

“How are you guys doing?” Rochelle asked as they all followed Mason back inside.

“Good, just a little irritated.” Brian answered.

“Yeah, Brian scared the poor taxi driver and almost caused an accident.” Howie said brightly, like it happened to him all the time.

Kevin and AJ laughed, while Kristen and Rochelle had looks of shock and concern on their faces.

“What! Are you guys okay?” Kristen asked, freaking out.

“Yeah, we’re fine Kristen. No need to freak out. You’re pregnant, remember?” Brian said with a smile.

As AJ, Brian, Howie, Kevin, and AJ got settled in the living room, Kristen said,

“Well, we better be off.”

“Where are you guys going?” Howie asked as Mason came skipping into the living room with his shoes on.

“Kristen and I are taking the kids to the park and then to the movies.” Rochelle said as she readjusted Ava in her stroller.

“Indeed we are. We’re going to have fun and keep the kids out of your hair, for a little while at least.” Kristen said as they headed towards the door.

As soon as the door closed behind them, Kevin asked, “So, what are going to do about this situation that Nick has caused?”

They all looked at each other solemnly.

…..

Nick and Lauren aid in bed a good hour after waking up.

Lauren rolled over to look at Nick and said, “Love, I think it’s time to get out of bed. We can’t lie in bed all day.”

Nick wrapped his arms around Lauren’s waist and said, “Why not? I would love to lie in bed with you all day.”

Lauren kissed him softly and said, “Well, mister, fell free to be lazy, but I have things to do and people to see, so I’m going to go take a shower and get ready.”

As Lauren rolled out of bed and headed to the master bathroom that was attached to the bedroom, Nick watched her naked body move with a smile. The last three months had been the best of his life. He had been able to spend every day with Lauren without the stress and worry of doing things with the boys.

But I really do miss the pleasure of the singing and the fans. Nick thought to himself as he sat up and stretched. He checked his phone for missed calls and messages. Every time he saw one from any of his brothers, his heart ached. Nick really did hate what he did to them, especially since they were due on tour in two weeks.

He had a missed call from each of them in the last hour. I’ll call them when Lauren leaves. Nick thought to himself as he rolled out of bed. As he was searching the closet for something to wear, the bathroom door opened and cinnamon scented steam came rushing out. The next thing he knew, Lauren’s wet, naked body was pressed against his back.

Nick smiled and relaxed against his lover’s body. He heard Lauren sigh against his back.

“You smell so good, baby.” Nick whispered, turning around and embracing her.

Lauren smiled sweetly up at him and said, “Thank you, love. Now you should let me into that closet so I can get dressed.”

Nick kissed her softly and responded, “Of course, my love. I have nowhere to go, so I can wait to get dressed.”

Lauren smiled and gently pushed Nick out of the closet door. As Lauren took her turn finding clothes, Nick sat down on the bed and turned the TV on.

Nick scowled as Lauren came out of the closet with clothes in her arms and said, “Why is there never anything to watch this early in the morning?”

Lauren chuckled at him as she started to get dressed and said, “I don’t know! I don’t work for the Television companies.”

“Ooohhh…” Nick practically squealed as he stopped on a station. “It’s Doctor Who. I love Doctor Who! Thank God for British Television.”

“Oh my God, Nick, you’re such a nerd.” Lauren rolled her eyes at him and smiled.

“I am not!” Nick piped up defensively, eyes still glued to the television like his life depended on it.

“Yes you are, love. But I have to go now, okay?” Lauren teased as she put on a light jacket that matched her outfit.

Those words got Nick’s eyes off of the TV. When he looked at her, his heart skipped a beat with how beautiful she was.

“You look absolutely beautiful.” Nick confessed, finally speaking after about thirty seconds of just staring at her.

“Thank you, love.” Lauren said. “Now, are you going to come hug me before I leave, or are you going to just sit there, looking at me?”

Nick smiled, got up, and quickly strode over to his girl. He took her into his arms, and just took it all in. He never wanted to let Lauren go again.

As they pulled apart, Lauren kissed his cheek and said, “I’ll see you later, handsome.”

When she left the room, Nick finally started to pick out clothes. As he got into the shower, he finally decided that he was going to call one of the boys back when he got out.

I’ll call Howie. Nick thought to as he washed his hair. He’ll be less harsh than Brian or Kevin and I don’t know if I could talk to AJ just yet.

When he finally got out, he dried off and got dressed quickly. He wanted to make the call to Howie before he lost his nerve and chickened out. As he left the bathroom, his phone started to ring. He walked slowly over to it, terrified at who it might be. He sighed with relief. It was only Lauren.

“Hey love, what’s up?’ Nick answered the relief heavy in his voice.

“Hey, babe.” Lauren’s voice came through the phone a little breathless. “I think these plans are going to take a little longer than I originally thought, so I won’t be home until late tonight.”

Nick’s heart dropped and his disappointment showed in his voice when he said, “Okay love, I’ll see you when you get home.”

“Don’t be sad, Nick.” Lauren said, still breathless as though she were running or riding a bike. “I won’t be gone forever, I promise.”

After she hung up, Nick sighed and flopped on the bed, phone still in hand. He stared at it for a few moments, still debating whether or not to call Howie. Nick knew that both Howie and Brian were here in Los Angeles, getting ready for the tour. He also knew that he should be there with them.

Nick closed his eyes and thought hard about what he wanted to do, about how he really felt about being away from the boys this long without any type of contact.

He finally opened his eyes and dialed Howie’s number, praying he would answer. He finally picked up after the fifth ring.

“It’s about time you called back.” Howie said, a tiny bit of kindness in his voice.

“Yeah, I know. I’m sorry, I’ve really missed you guys and I need you.”

…..

This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=11012