If you asked anyone I know about my most basic information, they will tell you several things. First, that my name is Nickolas Gene Carter. Second, I am a Backstreet Boy.
What they would not tell you is that I claim I’m allergic to red dye number 40 and that I’m afraid of cats. They wouldn’t tell you that my favorite book is a collection of poems from an author nobody's ever heard of. And they wouldn't tell you that I wear a rubber band around my wrist everyday to cope with stress.
But they’d be wrong about a lot of the basics that they would tell you. Things like my birthday being January 28, 1980. Or, that my favorite food is pizza. Or that my favorite color is green.
Even AJ, Brian, Howie and Kevin – the people closest to me in the world – would answer some of these questions incorrectly. Because there are some things that nobody knows about me.
There are some things that I've never told them, or anyone else, things that even if they knew they would never believe or understand.
Some of it even I don't understand. Like how it all started, or where I came from, or even who or what I really am. I mean, technically I can't be human. All I know is that I can see time. Like literally, I see it, and I live apart from it, independent of its effects. I also can't die. At least I don't think so...
> Backstreet Boys Characters: Group
Genres: Alternate Universe
, Suspense Warnings: Death
, Sexual Content
This is sort of a revision of the story I started to write entitled How to Save a Life, except with a twist that I've been working on since the last update of that story.
The warnings will be altered accordingly with each updated chapter, as I don't know for certain where this is going to go... but I have selected warning tags that I know for certain will be involved, and preemptively rated this story "R" for language and possibly other elements.
As of Chapter 33, there's a sexual content label for a reason.
1. The Sun, by Claire Elizabeth Lawson-Brunner by Pengi [ - ] (123 words)
2. Sunset by Pengi [ - ] (911 words)
(Not every chapter will be this angsty/dramatic! It will pick up!)
3. Shower by Pengi [ - ] (1359 words)
4. Flashback : Daniel, 1969-70 by Pengi [ - ] (2569 words)
- 6/17 , slightly revised for historical accuracy ;) -
5. You Are, by Claire Elizabeth Lawson-Brunner by Pengi [ - ] (102 words)
6. The Yacht Party by Pengi [ - ] (2231 words)
7. Flashback : Claire, 1958 by Pengi [ - ] (1973 words)
8. Inquisition by Pengi [ - ] (2346 words)
9. I Didn't Think So by Pengi [ - ] (1430 words)
10. Flashback: The Impossible, 1958 by Pengi [ - ] (783 words)
11. Thugs by Pengi [ - ] (4041 words)
12. Something Impossible, by Claire Elizabeth Lawson-Brunner by Pengi [ - ] (143 words)
13. Brian by Pengi [ - ] (1680 words)
14. Plane by Pengi [ - ] (2204 words)
15. The Article by Pengi [ - ] (422 words)
16. Flashback: Superman, 1959 by Pengi [ - ] (316 words)
17. Explanation by Pengi [ - ] (2080 words)
18. Calling Amie by Pengi [ - ] (1178 words)
19. Grocery Store by Pengi [ - ] (2329 words)
20. Flashback: The Accident, 1960 by Pengi [ - ] (1368 words)
21. Flashback: Connected, 1961 by Pengi [ - ] (484 words)
22. The Journey, by Claire Elizabeth Lawson-Brunner by Pengi [ - ] (109 words)
23. History by Pengi [ - ] (1161 words)
24. Learning the Truth by Pengi [ - ] (2513 words)
25. Flashback: Audition, 1993 by Pengi [ - ] (1257 words)
26. Pizza and Beer by Pengi [ - ] (1346 words)
27. Derailed by Pengi [ - ] (4350 words)
Many who read the How to Save a Life story prior to its abandonment will find this chapter familiar. I felt the chapter was worth keeping in the new format of the story, though I had to rework it to fit the new storyboard.
28. Dimitri Pyre by Pengi [ - ] (1426 words)
29. Disturbing by Pengi [ - ] (1297 words)
30. Flashback: Failure, 1964 by Pengi [ - ] (370 words)
31. Recording Studio by Pengi [ - ] (813 words)
32. Confrontation by Pengi [ - ] (2381 words)
33. Flashback: Heat Wave, 1967 by Pengi [ - ] (2222 words)
Note: updated warnings for sexual content.
34. Destina-Looping by Pengi [ - ] (1180 words)
35. Realized by Pengi [ - ] (1055 words)
36. Flashback: Can't Stay, 1968 by Pengi [ - ] (702 words)
37. The First Rescue Since by Pengi [ - ] (2878 words)
38. High School Band by Pengi [ - ] (1614 words)
39. Flashback: The Lost and Found, 1970 by Pengi [ - ] (857 words)
40. Alliance by Pengi [ - ] (1100 words)
41. Flashback: July 8, 2001 by Pengi [ - ] (1395 words)
42. Flashback: Whole, 1970-1975 by Pengi [ - ] (1679 words)
43. Waiting by Pengi [ - ] (1279 words)
44. Flashback: Greg Brunner, 1975-76 by Pengi [ - ] (1589 words)
45. The Call-In by Pengi [ - ] (944 words)
46. Keeping Her by Pengi [ - ] (809 words)
47. Dimitre's Return by Pengi [ - ] (773 words)