- Text Size +
Nick's POV

I had a rough night. I barely slept too many thoughts about my past and present. I need to get out of here I know it causes trouble when I leave without saying a word but I had no choice. I slipped out of the bed got dressed and wrote a quick not for Leyla.

'Hey Babe,

Sorry but I forgot but an appointment in the studio with the guys. I call you when I have some time.
Have fun and see you.'

I went down to my car and drove off this was all I wanted. I had no idea where wanted to go. I needed to talk to Leighanne; she might be the only one who knows more about Neela and why she is back. I was still in shock about the last 24 hours. But every time I thought about her the bad past also came back to my mind. I was still an asshole when it comes to my girlfriends and the sad thing is I know it but I have no reason to change this. I stopped at Starbucks to get a coffee and secretly I hoped to see Neela again but I was not that lucky. I grabbed my coffee and drove off to Leighanne and Brian's place.

“Morning Bri,” I said half smiling going through my hair with my hand and leaning half again the door frame. “Hi” Brian said surprised “What's up, brother?”

“Uhm, may I come in? I need to talk to Leighanne it’s kinda important.” I replied

“Yeah, sure, just sit down and feel home. She is on the phone doing some business with Wylee but she will be finished soon.” Brian grinned. He was proud of his wife and her own little company.

“Tell me Nick, why are you here? I mean you look kinda weird…like you have seen a ghost.” Brian was kidding, but I was not into laughing or making jokes this morning. This was way too serious for me.

“Are you guys still in contact with Neela?” I asked with as serious expression on his face.

Brian didn't know what to say but I could see in his eyes that the answer was yes. In the same moment, Leighanne came in and looked at the guys with astonished eyes.

“What's up guys?” Leigh asked

“Are you still in contact with Neela?” I asked directly not loosing eye contact with her.

“I gonna make some coffee be right back” Brian said calmly

Leighanne sat beside me and sighed before she started talking

“Yes, we have. We never lost contact with her throughout all the years. She didn’t want it in the beginning ...”

I interrupted her, “Why did you never tell me?”

Leighanne sighed, “She barely wanted the contact we begged her to keep our numbers in case of an emergency or if she ever needed some help with anything. You know after that night, she left everything here even her sim card with all the numbers. Brian persuaded her to at least to keep my number.”

“Why?” I look at Leighanne with his eyes wide open.

“Why what?”

“Why she didn’t keep all our numbers? Sorry but I don't get this. What the problem with having...”

Leighanne cut him off “She didn’t want to have them because if anything should leak about our private lives or even the numbers we all would I have thought that she was given them away. She never had interest in being in publicity or to make money out of the thing you had with her. And I guess she wanted to closed this chapter in her life forever… “Leighanne sighed as she finished talking.

I was quiet and I realized that she didn’t want to have contact with her friends because of me. I barely remember some of the moments from my past but what I exactly remember is that Neela, Leighanne, Brian, Leighanne, and AJ had been pretty close friends the time she was in Florida years ago. They hung out a lot with each other and Leighanne became really close friends with her. The more and more I thought about everything the more I felt bad for the first time in my life... I felt bad for someone.

I felt Leighanne’s arm around my shoulder and she spoke quietly, “You are okay?”

I didn't reply then I saw Brian came in back with coffee and Baylee right behind him.

“Uncle Niiiiiick” the little guy ran up to me and hugged me tightly.

“Hey big boy, how are you doing?” I asked and tried to smile which was really hard for the first time not even my fake smile seemed to work. The thing with Neela was getting more to me then I thought.

“Gooooooooooooooooood I am going out with Neela today and we will have ice creeeeeeeeeeeeeeeam I am sooooo happy she is back. You know, one day I gonna marry her but shhhhhhh don't tell mommy and daddy.” Baylee said more than happy.

“Come on Bay, we need to get you ready.” Brian said and left after he put down the coffee for Leighanne and I and I got the feeling I was staying longer her then I wanted to at first.

“Bye Uncle Nick talk to you soon and wish me luck.” Baylee smirked

The kid was talking like he was having a date with her and it felt weird and I didn't know what kind of feeling was coming up inside of me.

I tried even harder to smile “Good luck Bay and I keep my fingers crossed. Bye.”

Honestly, I felt the first time like could cry directly. It seemed that everyone knew that she was back, was having fun with her and I was the only one who bumped into her by accident.

“Drink some coffee, Nick” Leighanne said softly

“What is going on here, I feel like hell, I don't even know what I feel about all of this, and she is coming here in a few minutes to pick up Baylee.”

“No, she is not coming over here. They gonna meet at the Mall. Brian drives him there. She is too busy to pick him up here with her apartment and getting everything fixed.”

“Where they gonna meet?”

“I won't tell you, Nick and you know exactly why. You would ruin Baylee's day and I am pretty sure Neela's day too. I don't wanna be mean Nick, but it's not your choice and not in your power to talk to her now. If she would have wanted contact with you again she would have contacted you after you saw her at Starbucks.” Leigh tried to explain.

“Wait, what one second, I never said that I have seen her at Starbucks the last day, so how do you know about this?” I asked surprised.

“Don't be stupid. We are friends, real good friends and she called me after she signed her contract at cedars-sinai and said that she bumped into you and lovely Leyla. Just a little small talk nothing more. That's all she said.” Leighanne answered softly I figured she got a feeling that the chapter Neela wasn't closed for me we never had contact after that night and we were like best friends before.

“What?! She will work here? Really? For how long? And why? At cedars-sinai that's a hospital what is she doing? A nurse?” I blurted out question after question.

“Calm down Nick. Yes, she is going to work here for the next time.” Leighanne chuckled and continued answering the questions “Do you remember that she studied medicine? Well, she finished it at home after she left Florida and now she is a pretty good surgeon and cedars-sinai kinda begged her to come over here and work here. It took them a long time to convince her and finally she agreed.

“Wow, that's awesome isn't it? Where does she live? Can you give me number I won't call her today but I need to talk to her, please?” I looked at her with puppy eyes into Leighannes eyes

“No Nick!” she said with a stern voice. “Like I said it earlier it's not in your power to get to her if she wants to talk to you she maybe will search for your contact but for now you have to live with this. And anyways you are with Leyla so stay away from Neela before you hurt her again and I swear to god Nickolas if you ever hurt her again at all…I will rip off you balls and make you eat them!”

My eyes nearly popped out of his head I never had heard Leighanne talking like this and this meant she was damn serious with every single word she said.

“This was not my intention I only want to talk to her more, you know, like friends talk…we were friends, so maybe we can be it again or we still are...”

Leighanne's eyes darkened “Seriously, Nick you are not friends anymore, you remember anything of the past? What happened and if you ask me, I don't know if she ever forgave you. Just because she is back doesn't mean that you and her are have to meet. Let time pass by and maybe you both will bump into each other again. Please promise me that you won't try to search for her. Let her live her life the way she wants it to live and I guess at this moment she doesn't want you to be part of it.”

I nodded and ran my hands roughly through my hair. “Thanks Leighanne, I know you are right and thanks also for being honest.”

“You are welcome Nick. Now go home and see if Leyla is already freaking out because you are not there to spoil her or give her any attention.”

“You don't like her huh?”

“You don't even like her so how I am or Brian supposed to like her she is uhhhhhh I can't find any words for her, but it's your choice. Take care Nick and call me if you need someone to talk, you know I am always there for you.” Leighanne hugged him tightly.

“Will do and thanks again. I guess I need to change something and rearrange my life new. I go to beach first maybe then I go home. She will have a bad mood anyways if I come home now or later.” I stood up and walked to the door turned around and said, “Bye Leighanne and thanks again”

“Bye Nick.” Leighanne said with a smile

I drove as fast as I could to the beach it was the one place where I felt I could be free and I just wanted to feel free and be alone...