- Text Size +
Chapter Thirty One

"Here's a sticker for you. And for being such a brave boy, here's a sucker for you."

If I hadn't been given a lot of pain medication, I would have realized I was being teased by the doctor. As it were, I smiled and accepted the red lollipop. I clumsily took it out of the wrapper and put it in my mouth.

"Chewwy," I said around the sweet goodness that was filling my mouth.

"Okay, Nick, let's go," Lauren said. She scooped Jake up. He was wearing a big smiley face sticker.

Our game of bowling had been cut short. After I was able to breathe again, I realized that my finger had bent at a sick angle inside the bowling ball. Lauren had taken me to the hospital, kiddie ball and all. After it was cut off, my finger was splinted and a heavenly nurse had given me some pain medication.

"Daddy, can I sign your cast?" Jake asked.

I glanced down. My middle finger was wrapped so thick that it looked like I was constantly flipping off the world. I giggled.

"Dear Lord. Nick, get up."

I hopped off the table. My eyes widened; I grabbed onto the end of the table.

"Is the room spinning a little?" I asked before I plopped down on the cold linoleum.

Five minutes later, Lauren was wheeling me out of the hospital. Jake was sitting happily on my lap.

"This was da best day ever!" he declared.

"I want ice cream," I said. I rolled my head lazily back. "Can I have some ice cream?"

"Is that a metaphor?" Lauren asked. She gave me a patient smile. Damn, I loved her.

"It can be if you want." I held up my hand. "You'll just have to be on--"

I got a hand clamped over my mouth again. Jake smiled at the both of us. "Can I have ice cream too?"

Lauren swung by Dairy Queen on the way home. Jake and I both got kiddie cones. We were happiily lapping them up as she pulled into the driveway.

"Oops," Jake said. I turned around. Half the cone had landed in his lap. He scooped it up and stuffed it in his mouth. Chocolate dribbled down his chin.

"Is it good?" I asked breezily. Jake gave me a stick thumbs up. "Yup!"

"You are going to need a bath, Lauren said. She got out of the car. Jake and I both made a face; Jake laughed. Lauren opened the backseat and scooped him out of his seat. I awkwardly undid my seatbelt. By the time I had the door opened, I was scooping ice cream off my crotch.

"Whoops," I said. "Want some?"

The corner's of Lauren's mouth twitched. "I'll pass."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


"You love me?"

Kevin's eyes widened in surprise. His mouth must have run away from him. I knew the feeling well.

"I, well, I know that's a little soon to say..."

"A little," I said awkwardly. "I mean I love a lot about you," I said helpfully. He nodded.

"That's what I meant," he said. His hand went back to my breast. He kissed me hard.

"You seriously want to spend the rest of the day in bed?" I asked. "With me?"

"Is that a problem?"

"Well...no," I said. My self-image issues came bursting to the forefront of my mind. "Why me?" I asked. I instantly regretted it. His green eyes flickered in confusion.

"What do you mean, why you?" he repeated.

I'm pretty sure there's a rule about talking about exes while in bed. Unfortunately, I was a known rule-breaker.

"I'm a Googler," I said. "I'm not your type."

I wasn't expecting the cute, lopsided grin I got. "People's tastes change," he said.

"You're ex is gorgeous," I argued.

"She's pretty, yes. But, you're gorgeous. If you haven't realized it, I'm attracted to you."

I blushed. He pulled me onto him. I admired the muscles in his upper arms and the dark hair on his lower arms. His strong hands and long fingers came next. The fingers were drifting down my stomach.

For just a second, I thought of Jake and how bad the night before without him had been. Now here I was in bed, enjoying some very adult time. I felt slightly guilty.

"You deserve this," Kevin said softly. I looked at him in surprise. His fingers dipped between my legs.

He was right. I so deserved this.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


"Close your eyes."

Jake squeezed his eyes tight. Lauren covered his forehead and ran a cup of water over his head, washing the shampoo away in the process.

I had just gotten done with my own shower. I had wrapped my hand in a baggie to keep my splint dry. When Jake opened his eyes, he laughed.

"Daddy! You're wearing a bag!"

"I can't get my finger wet," I said. Jake nodded seriously.

"You gotta make it all not crooky again."

Lauren flexed her middle finger and pretended to bend it to the left. I held up my baggied hand, the middle finger yanked straight up. She leaned over the tub and laughed.

Jake and I shared a look. It was perfect; it was like our minds were connected. Jake took the cup that Lauren had left floating in the tub and poured a cup of water over her head. She gasped as Jake and I laughed. The water streaked down her face and soaked into the front of her shirt.

"BOO!" Jake shouted.

"Why did you do that?" Lauren asked. Jake smiled and stood up. He started to jump up and down. There was something quite amusing about a naked little boy doing a butt shaking dance.

"DADDY MADE ME DO IT!" Lauren grabbed a towel and wrapped his wiggling body in it. He gave up and hugged her.

"Daddy's SO getting a time out," she said.

Luckily, my time out didn't come until after Jake had dinner and was fast asleep. I was sprawled out in bed watching the Celtics. I noticed Lauren lock the door behind her.

"What's up?" I asked. I stretched out. She shrugged off her robe. A little bra and panty set tore my attention away from the game.

"Hel-lo," I said. "Is this my punishment?"

She smiled and nodded.

"Are ya gonna spank me?" I asked eagerly. She nodded again. She walked towards me. I scooted back on the bed.

Having a bum finger actually came as a benefit. Lauren had to undress me (or at least that was the excuse I made). I got the bra off (I'm a pro at the one-handed slip) and was playing with the strings of her panties when she smacked my ass hard. I laughed and pulled her down onto me. She couldn't have landed any better. I got a face full of boob. Her long legs were as smooth as butter. I yanked her panties off. She covered my face in kisses.

I was in the midst of an amazing boob-bouncing girl-on-top moment when Jake knocked on the door. The first time I convinced myself it was just a friendly neighborhood ghost. Lauren paused.

"Keep going," I moaned. The bouncing started up again.

A second later there was another knock. I couldn't ignore it when Jake's sobby voice came through the closed door.

"Daddy I wetted my bed! Can I sleep with yyyoooooouuuu?"

Lauren stopped. The thought of a wet bed was the absolute end of sexy time. Lauren rolled off me. I sat up and got my boxers.

I could already picture his big wet-eyed 'I'm sorry' look. Lauren wrapped her robe around her, checked to make sure I at least had my underwear on and opened the door.

Sure enough, there he was. His bottom lip quivered.

"C'mon, buddy," Lauren said. "I'll get you cleaned up. Daddy will get the bed."

I opened my mouth.

Daddy will get the bed? Was she serious? I knew at that moment that life was changing. Lauren had spent the last day and a half being motherly and I was going to change wet sheets.

Talk about a total one-eighty.