- Text Size +
Chapter 14 – Superman

Alex talked only a few more minutes with Oriana before venturing back into his own room for the evening. Oriana had rushed to her bathroom for some emergency, though Alex thought it might have been to fix her curls, even if she didn't want to admit it. A placid smile spread across his handsome face as he slipped passed her door, deciding it was good to gain a sister such as her. She was one of the most intriguing people on this planet, not too emotional, but quite sweet, and very humorous. He decided that she would be the best friend that Brian had never been and hoped that Oriana would feel the same about him.
But, his thoughts were side tracked when he noticed Howie lingering outside in the hallway. He first thought nothing of it till he noticed Howie was hunched over on the wall, breathing awkwardly. Alex hesitantly stepped forward, laying a hand on his friend's back. Naturally, the younger teenager assumed that Howie was overly anxious about meeting with Oriana. "Hey, D, don't get too panicked. The girl's in there already flipping about you. Man, great junk you wrote in the book. You have her eating out of the palm of your hand. She's so excited—"

"Don't touch my back!" Howie suddenly snapped, pushing away Alex's hand. He immediately cried out in pain as it flared once again.

"What's wrong with you?" Alex yelped in fright, jumping away from his friend.

"Your brother insulted me, insulted Oriana, threatened to hurt me, kill her, and then he almost broke my back!" Howie wheezed in one breath, still hunched over.

"Huh...?" Alex murmured, utterly shocked by the vile words spewing from his friend's mouth. He reached over again in some lame attempts to comfort him, but Howie pushed his hands away with a still violent strength. "I don't understand... D... Are you nervous or something? Like, I know Brian hates Oriana...but... Are you sure you're not just trying to distance yourself from her now that you exposed your emotions? Because you'll break her heart, man..."

"He said all of that! I'm not making it up!"

"But—"

"He wants to keep me and Oriana apart and I'm not going to let that happen! Dude, he threatened to kill her!"

Alex's eyes grew wide at the mere mention of murdering Oriana. It seemed almost too fictional for belief. He swallowed hard, moving to at least stand in front of Howie's crippled state. He gently placed his hands against Howie's shoulders, trying to help him stand in an up-right position. Howie was in such an irrational state of mind at that moment and just hunched further before Alex caught him again. It seemed hazardous to let him anywhere near Oriana. "Why don't you crash in my room tonight?"

"No way, I'm staying with her like we planned," Howie shook his head, grimacing as he finally stood up straight.

"It was a great plan and all, but, D... You're a freaking wreck... And she's just... She's so intent on talking to you in hopes to start a relationship and... I don't think it'll be good for you to go in there like that. You'll scare her to death and completely ruin any shot you have with her—"

"I need to protect her!"

"You go in talking like a maniac and you're going to loose her forever. You'll blow any chance you even had with her to start off with. I've talked you up and talked you up, but there's only so much I can do! And it's going to hurt worse than Christina leaving that scar over your eye," Alex hissed, obviously not choosing the appropriate words.

"That's exactly what your fucking brother said! Never bring Christina up!" Howie growled, pushing Alex away.

"Damnit!" Alex grunted in surprise, stumbling from the force Howie used. He bumped sharply against the wall, causing his shoulder blade to burn with pain. He had never expected Howie to act so brutally, he was always such a pacifist. "As much as I hate to say it, Christina's not going to go away for this night! Damnit, D, you still have to face that music with Oriana!"

"It doesn't mean you have to bring her up!"
"Heaven fucking forbid that I might actually care about you!"

Howie took a deep breath, falling to the floor. He rested his head in his hands, trying to calm down and ignore the throbbing of his back. "I'm sorry, man..."

"What the Hell is up with you?" Alex wheezed. Never had he seen his friend in such an emotional uproar, until that night with Christina. Though, Alex started to believe that it wasn't the fact that Christina had been with another guy, but the fact that it made Howie realize that he never could have the one he truly wanted.

"J, he threatened to kill her... the one girl I truly love. Do you realize how hard that was to hear?" Howie whispered, blinking back tears of pain. "Especially from someone you considered to be one of your best friends?"

“Probably felt like a ton of bricks were dropped on your heart," Alex spoke after a few moments of silence, flabbergasted at his brother's cruel words. "But, D, Ry's one strong pup. Brian was probably just blowing some jackass steam. He's not going to hurt her—"

"You didn't see his eyes, man. They were almost black, and every word he said... he meant it."
"He's just a dickhead. He's not going to hurt anyone."

"I hope you're right—"

"I know I'm right," Alex quickly persuaded, listening to the faint hum of Oriana's sweet voice alluding from her room. He offered a shaky smile toward his friend before offering his hand. "C'mon, man. Go crash in my room. You're way too... Dude, you're shit basically. I'll just go tell Ry you want to talk to her tomorrow or something. That way you can calm yourself."

Howie shook his head in disagreement. "It'll seem like I'm blowing her off, though. I don't want to do that—"

"D, she'll blow you off if you go in like this—"

"Her and I need to talk."

“Dude, she likes you and you like her. There's nothing to talk about, except what time you're picking her up for the first date. You guys can settle that some other time---"

"No. Now."

Alex groaned as Howie pushed him against the wall to steady himself. Alex watched Howie straight his back into a rigid posture, slowly stumbling toward Oriana's closed door. Alex rolled his eyes with disbelief, slamming his head on the back wall. "Or you can go in there, look like an ass, and say something you regret because you're so caught up on Brian's dumbass words... But, forget it; no one ever listens to the smart one."

*~*~*


"How was the shower, Teags?" Brian warmly asked as Teagan sauntered into his new bedroom. Brian felt so out of place sitting in the sunny yellow bed that seemed to reflect the brilliant sun when it rested in the noon sky. He couldn't wait to tear the place apart and break Cassandra heart of ruining the room with his own designs, but his thoughts broke to pieces as Teagan tempted him. His heart immediately hammered quickly against his chest as she slid onto his hips, offering kisses down the length of his neck. He shivered with delight, securing his hands against her hips.

"Nice and warm... steamy... kind of lonely, though. You'll definitely have to join me sometime," Teagan replied, kissing and nibbling his throat.

"Didn't we just get together two weeks ago?" Brian swallowed hard.

"I'm sorry. Sometimes I say things before thinking," Teagan apologized, stopping her kisses. She looked up into Brian's light blue eyes with her gray ones.

"But you meant it?"

"Of course I meant it. I just said it at the wrong time, like I normally do--"

"No, no, no," Brian groaned with a laugh, raising his arms to cup her face within his hands. He gently pulled her downward to offer a kiss to her forehead. "You should be able to say anything you want to say. It wasn't at the wrong time. Just surprised me is all. I mean, I'm not used to having an overly verbal girlfriend who I love very much. You can tell me whatever you're thinking and feeling, alright?"

"Are you sure?" Teagan whispered, biting her bottom lip. She always remembered getting smacked for doing what Brian asked when she was with Xander.

"I'm positive. I believe in an open relationship. You say what you want to say, when you want to say it. And, we'll work on whatever you need from there, okay?" Brian consented with a genuine smile, any horrid thoughts about the previous hours seemingly starting to dissipate. He could only think of Teagan and her gorgeous figure.

Teagan nodded, knowing he was being honest and sincere. "Okay. I love you, Brian."

"And I love you, too. Endlessly and hopelessly."

"Good, because I don't think I could ever let a hot football player like you go!" she smiled, leaning down to give him a searing kiss.

"Too bad you're not a cheerleader," he grunted with pleasure against her lips, shifting their weight. Teagan shrieked with delight as he covered her body with his own, gently pinning her arms to savor the sweet taste of her kisses.

"I like being a drum major. I get to wear a pretty cape!" her giggles turned into quiet moans as he began to kiss her neck.

"My Superwoman," he breathed.

"I know you want me baby/ I think I want you too/ I think I love you baby/ I think I love you too. I'm here to save you girl/ Come be in Teagan's world/ I wanna grow together/ Let's let our love unfurl/ You know you want me baby/ You know I want you too/ They call me Superwoman/ I'm here to rescue you/ I wanna save you boy/ Come be in Teagan's world..." she rapped Eminem's song Superman with her own changes.

Brian recoiled with an amused expression fixed on his handsome face. He shook his head with disbelief, clicking his tongue. "Do you not remember that the end goes: Bitch, you make me hurl?"

"Mm-hmm. But you're not a bitch and you don't make me hurl," Teagan replied with an innocent shrug.

"I'm more partial to the: sit your drunk ass on that runway, ho," Brian laughed, leaning down to run his fingers through Teagan's short locks.

"'Cuz I can be your superwoman/ Can be your superwoman/ Can be your superwoman/ Can be your superwoman/ I can be your superwoman/ Can be your superwoman/ Can be your superwoman/ Your superwoman, your superwoman..." Teagan sang softly with a smirk.

"You've got a pretty voice," Brian suddenly commented, moving to lay on the other side of the bed. Teagan was about to shriek in protest, but Brian quickly covered by yanking her into the length of his body. He smiled as he kissed the back of her head, deciding she was the perfect fit.

"Thanks," Teagan blushed, cuddling closer to him. "Do you sing at all?"

"I think my father would disown me if I didn't," Brian answered after a few moments, just tracing his hand along the length of her bare arm. "Our whole family's musical... I play a little bit of the guitar and actually sing a lot. Just for choir and plays and stuff though."

"Music's good for the soul, anyway. I love singing and I really want to learn the guitar," Teagan smiled, wiggling in his arms so they were facing each other. "Do you think you could teach me what you know?"

“Sure, I can teach you a few chords," he consented.

"Thank you," she leaned in and kissed him.

"You're very welcome," he approved, brushing his hand down her cheek to sweeten the kiss. He didn't know where he would be without Teagan by his side. He felt so lost when she wasn't near.

"I have a stupid question," she confessed after they broke from kissing for a moment. Her face was flushed and her eyes were sparkling, making Brian fall even more for her.

"No question you ask could be stupid."

"It's just something that is an obvious answer with you, but I'm still curious. Are... are you a virgin?"

"Virgin?" Brian withdrew for a moment, obviously surprised by the question. He bit down hard on his bottom lip, wondering if it were a trick question. He remembered all those jokes about marriage and the wives tricking their husbands to kick them to the couch. Brian sighed softly, "No, I'm not a virgin... But I only had sex with one other person, my girlfriend in junior year."

"Just last year? Wow," Teagan replied with approval. Most boys she knew had lost their virginities way back in middle school. She had a even higher respect for Brian after hearing that.

"What about you?"

"I lost mine right after finishing 8th grade... not something I wanted to happen, but yeah. There's nothing I can do about it. I was just a stupid kid and suffered the consequence." Teagan saddened a little at the memory of her then boyfriend Jonathan, who was going to be a sophomore at Tartan, forcing her into having sex so it showed that she loved him. A week later she had caught him with a girl his age. He claimed that it happened because she wasn't good enough in bed and was too immature.

"I'm sorry, Sweetheart," Brian whispered, realizing it hadn't been a wonderful experience.

"So am I. But, it taught me better in some ways. There's always a silver lining in the worst situation," Teagan feigned a smile.

"Was that your only time, then?"

"No..." Teagan trailed, frowning at the mere thought. The first few times with Xander had been consensual, but after a few months, most of the sexual encounters were forced.

"Were any pleasurable?" he asked gently.

"No. I had to act like it was, but no." Teagan remembered one time she didn't react as much as Xander wanted and he beat her throughout the night mixed with forced sex.

"Well... Teags, if we were to make a commitment to each other on that level... I swear that you would come first through it all. It will be all about you, so you know how it feels to be loved, okay?" Brian promised softly, kissing her neck.

"That would be nice, to know how being loved feels," Teagan whispered, finally smiling a little. "You're amazing. You know that, right?"

"Not as amazing as you," he vowed.

"Nope, you're more amazing," she argued, pushing him onto his back and she straddled his hips. She placed her hands on her own and looked stern, but was smiling.

"Okay," he wheezed, causing her to laugh.

"Good boy!" she kissed him. "I'm not that heavy, you know."

"Baby, it's not that you're heavy..." Brian answered, actually blushing faintly. "You're sitting on me. On my hips, I might add. Where certain parts exist... And frankly, your beauty is just driving me insane with lust."

"Ohhh! I get it! My Bri-Bri's getting a little antsy," Teagan cooed with a smile. She ran her fingers through his sandy blonde locks, while discreetly and gently grinding her hips against his.

"Teagan!"

“What?!"

"I'll do it right back to you and twice as bad," he threatened, knowing she knew exactly what was happening.

"Oh, really?" she laughed, overly confident. "I'd like to see that, Mr. Richardson."

"Mmm-hmm, okay," he decided, seizing her by the waist. He picked her up with great ease, immediately tossing her back onto the bed. Teagan squealed with surprise as he lifted the lower portion of her shirt to deliver the softest kisses to her bare skin.

"Somehow I knew this would happen," she groaned quietly, arching her back at the touch of his lips.

"I warned you," Brian laughed, continuing his agonizing torture as she moaned with delight.