- Text Size +
Chapter One: Lightning Strikes


"Oh, what now? This is the eighty billionth time you've interrupted my show!" Tierja groaned loudly, throwing a piece of bread at her large television screen as the meteorologist popped up for yet another update on the weather. Storms were brewing outside, stirring up whatever it could gather. Mother nature was definitely in a bad mood that night.

"This just in... a tornado warning is in effect for the whole state of Minnesota until tomorrow morning. Should a tornado touch down in your area, go to the lowest protion of your home with a radio. Don't go and try to help family members in other areas, you'll only be putting yourself in danger. Once again, the whole state of Minnesota is under a tornado warning. And now, back to the scheduled programming."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. They always say there's going to be a tornado and it never happens," Tierja rolled her eyes as Whose Line Is It Anyway? came back on. "Damn meteorologists are never right."


Ryan accidently rammed his head into a light fixture

Drew Carey: Hey Ryan, how many fingers am I holding up? holds up two fingers
Ryan Stiles: Uhh, four? How about me? gives Drew the finger


"Oh my God, I love this fucking show!" she burst out laughing, almost choking on her food. "They need to--"

"Hello?! Is someone home? Please, let me in!" A deep voice boomed from behind the door followed by a loud pounding. She jumped, almost spilling her dinner on the floor as she scrambled to her feet. Who in the Hell would be in the boondocks when it's storming outside? It could be the BTK Killer or something! She thought to herself, cautiously walking to the door.

"Who is it?" she asked in a trembling voice, looking through the peephole to see a tall man in a black leather trench coat and cowboy hat, the rain pouring down on him as lightning flashed in the background.

"My name is Kevin!" he yelled over the crashing thunder. "I crashed my motorcycle and my cell phone doesn't have service out here. Could I come in and use your phone?"

"Are you sure you're not the BTK Killer?"

"They caught him two weeks ago."

"Oh..."

"Will you please let me in, ma'am?"

"Alright, hold on," she unlocked the door and deadbolt, opening it just enough for him to jump inside. Rain dripped off his clothes, making a puddle in the middle of the foyer.

"Thank you so much for letting me in. I really appreciate it," he replied, taking off his hat. She could now see his face, and was struck by his handsome features. Emerld orbs shined down at her, a warm smile curved onto his soft lips and a strong, chiseled jaw. His raven locks were pulled back into a small ponytail, a few strands falling over his left eye and a carefully groomed goatee adorned his tan skin. His clothes consisted of the black leather trench coat, matching cowboy hat, a black wifebeater that clung to his toned muscles and loose black jeans. Black motorcycle boots covered his feet.

"Um... you're welcome," she replied softly, cursing herself for deciding to scrub out that day in a pair of baggy boxers and a blue muscle tank.

"Are you okay?"

"Huh? Yeah, I'm fine."

"I don't doubt that..." Kevin trailed off, sunconsciously licking his lips as he checked out Tierja. Her short blonde hair stopped just at the middle of her neck and spiked out in the back. Dark brown streaks glowed in the light along with her blue-gray eyes that rested behind tortoise shell glasses. A nose and eyebrow ring glistened a soft blue while her matching tongue ring danced along her bottom lip. A nervous habit. Everything about her seemed to unique and so beautiful, causing the room to warm with desire.

"Excuse me?"

"I'm sorry, I haven't properly introduced myself. My name is Kevin Richardson," he held his hand out to her.

"Tierja Blackwell. It's very nice to meet you," she managed to speak without stuttering, shaking his hand. A spark flew through her body and she shuddered lightly.

"Likewise," Kevin gazed at her for a few moments longer before realizing he was soaking the carpet with his wet clothes. "Oh shit... do you have a towel or something? I'm dripping all over your floor."

"Yeah, just take off your boots and follow me," Tierja mustered a smile, walking through the living room towards the bathroom. She grasped two large towels out of the closet and turned to only bump into his strong body. "Oh, I'm sorry!"

"It's alright, no need to apologize," Kevin chuckled, taking the towels from her. He pulled out the tie holding his locks and began to rub vigorously. His hands ran over a cut by his scalp, causing a sharp sting. "Damnit!"

"Are you alright?" Tierja immediately asked as he pulled the towel off his head. She winced when a trail of blood began to trail down his forehead. "You're bleeding!"

"I must have cut myself when my bike crashed," Kevin wiped away the blood, grimacing.

"Sit down, I'll clean that for you," Tierja pushed him down onto the edge of the large jacuzzi bathtub, grabbing the first aid kit out of the medicine cabinet. She pulled out the peroxide and gauze, dabbling a little of the liquid onto it before carefully placing it against the somewhat deep cut.

"Ouch!" Kevin hissed through his teeth as it bubbled and burned.

"Shh, it'll only sting for a moment," Tierja leaned over and blew softly against the wound. "Is that better?"

"Yeah..." Kevin looked up and their eyes locked for a deep moment. He licked his dry lips, breath catching in his throat.

"We shouldn't... we've just... just..." Tierja lost her train of thought, imagining their lips and bodies entwined in a passionate kiss.

"Yeah, we've just met," Kevin finished her thoughts before finally bringing them together for a deep and breathless kiss. He pulled her down into his lap, wrapping his arms around her waist to bring her closer. Tierja moaned, plunging her fingers into his damp raven locks.

"TIER! WHERE THE HECK ARE YOU?! IT'S VIN DIESEL NIGHT, OR DID YOU FORGET AGAIN?!" A voice ehoed through the house, causing the couple to break their heated embrace, panting heavily.

"Damnit... of course Ana comes to disturb the best kiss of my life," Tierja groaned, resting her head against Kevin's chiseled chest. She listened to his heart pound, matching her own.

"Who's Ana?"

"My best fr--"

"Tier! Good Lord, girl did you fall in the bathtub again?" Ana's voice boomed as she ran into the bathroom, stopping short when she saw the two sitting on the edge of the jacuzzi. Her blue-green eyes widened with shock, the lights accentuating her golden blonde curls held up by a thick piece of leather. "Holy shit! Did I interrupt something that could have turned into a porno?"

"Ana, for crying out loud," Tierja groaned, her cheeks blushing with embarrassment.

"What, am I wrong?"

"Like you and Howie never do stuff like this!"

"That's different--"

"How?"

"It just is!"

"Yeah right--"

"Are you going to tell me who this secret lover is?"

"Kevin Richardson," he finally spoke up, extending a hand towards Ana.

"Ana Lord. Nice to meet you," she shook his hand.

"Babe, did you find them?" a male voice called from the hallway, heading towards the bathroom. An average height Latino with a mop of curly black hair and chocolate brown eyes walked into the room with an impish smile much like his girlfriend's. He stopped short when he saw the man holding Tierja. "Whoa! Kevin, is that you?!"

"Howie! Holy shit, man! It's been years!" Kevin gently placed Tierja down and got up to hug Howie. "I didn't know you were living in Minnesota!"

"Yeah, I moved here a few years ago. Thought a change of scenery would be good for me. I turned out to be right, because I met Ana soon after I arrived," Howie smiled, looping an arm around Ana's waist.

"Of course, because I am the woman of his dreams!" Ana boasted with a grin as Tierja rolled her eyes.

"I still can't believe this coincidence," Kevin shook his head with a chuckle. "We've got a lot to catch up on."

"We've got all night, unless the power goes out again--" just then thinder shook the house and lightning cracked above them. Blackness filled the house, making it impossible for one to see.

"Howie, do you always have to jinx us?!" Tierja groaned. She hated the dark.

"Ooops?" Howie laughed, pulling out the small flashlight on his keychains. He grasped Ana's hand and headed out of the room. "Come on, let's get some candles."

"You okay?" Kevin asked once the other couple was gone.

"I just don't like the dark... you can never see what's hiding in it," Tierja shuddered as he wrapped an arm around her. She smiled gratefully, even if he couldn't see her face.

"I'll protect you."

"Good, I'm holding you to that," she replied, following Howie's small trail of light with Kevin still keeping her close.

"Go right ahead, because I won't--"

"Come on, lovebirds! We don't need you getting lost in the dark!" Ana's voice interrupted.

"She always ruins the moment," Tierja laughed.

"I may ruin the moment, but you still love me!"

"Shut up and help Howie with the candles!"