- Text Size +
Author's Note - Most of you who read my fiction religiously won't be used to this type of story. This is one of my more romantic/dramatized stories. Yes, Ana does really write romance. Yes, I enjoy romance. If you don't like it, that's fine, just click back. If you enjoy it, you can always drop me a note. I love that. If you hate it, drop me one, too, and I'll tell you where you can really stick it! *lol* Enjoy.

Prologue: Home

Anael's eyes fluttered as a bright light invaded her eyes. She squinted at the brilliance of it all. Surprisingly, it didn't hurt to look directly into the light. Nevertheless, she felt so groggy as she rubbed her grainy eyes. "Anael, awaken, let's go," a soft voice called to her.

The voice echoed against her surroundings, reverberating softly against the quiet room. Anael felt her head pound with intensity as she sat up. She shook her head; her long blonde curls settling softly behind her shoulders. She looked around, trying to identify the voice. The room was all white and glowed with a calming essence. The smell of floral fragrances invaded her nostrils, beckoning her to indulge in the delight.

"Where am I?" Anael called out softly.

A bright glowing light appeared before her, shadowing the other objects. It was a small circular ball of burning white embers. The glow scared her as she managed to stand. She looked down at her clothing in shock. Nothing seemed right. A pair of bright white flares were hanging upon her hips and a bright white tank top encircling her bosom. How could she possibly have changed clothing and where was she?

"Hello? Please, this isn't funny!" she beckoned, her voice quivering with fear.

"Do not be afraid," a voice called out quietly. The velvet voice called to her and filled her soul. She felt a gentle stroke of power across her back, easing her tense shoulders.

"I'm not afraid," Anael frowned.

"You are."

"Where am I?" Anael repeated.

"You're here, Anael."

"How did you know my name?" Anael cried with suspicion. Her body tensed as she circled the room, trying to find the source of her apprehension. Her eyes blinked back tears of anger and fear. Something seemed so strange about this place. Something wasn't right.

"I know your name, because you are my child."

"Your child? No! I am not your child!"

"You have always been My child."

"Please, tell me where I am!" Anael begged.

"You are here, Anael."

"Here? Where is here?"

"You're home," the voice called again.

"This isn't my home," Anael argued with frustration.

"This is now your home."

The voice seemed to smile.

"THIS ISN'T HOME!"

"Yes, it is."

"What home?"

"The home of God."