- Text Size +
AJ grinned as he jumped onto the bar with a beautiful brunette waitress. He never cared what others thought. Some whooped catcalls at the woman, some women screamed his name. AJ grinned wryly. His body was humming with delight from the four margaritas and other liquors that he had consumed during the night. There was no better place to party than the center of Los Angeles. He wished that his friends had come out drinking with him, but they insisted on spending some time with their new manager.

That damn woman.

AJ didn’t see what was so special about her, anyway. His friend flocked over her as if she were God’s Beautiful Angel. Why didn’t they see what he saw? He knew she was gorgeous, but there were plenty of gorgeous women in the cities they visited. She wasn’t the only woman in the world with a pretty smile and nice body. The boys could have easily picked up a more relaxed woman by now. However, they continued to want to know Anael. AJ felt his stomach twist with an unconfirmed emotion. He almost felt ill.

“You are so sexy,” the brunette declared as she grinded her thick body against him. He pushed the thoughts from his mind and continued to press his own body against her. The juices of wild behaviors rattled his brain. His manhood was growing with the thought of having delighted pleasures with this woman later.

“Baby, you don’t know the half of it!” AJ grinned.

“There’s more?” she asked.

“Honey, there’s a lot more!”

“Man of the house tonight!” another man grunted as he raised his drink. AJ glanced around to see everyone raising drinks to him with delight. Some men weaved as their drinks spilled droplets against the coal-colored bar. Everyone was almost as drunk as AJ. The clouds of smoke snaked through his lungs. He inhaled deeply, enjoying the thought of being around these people. He couldn’t have picked a better bar.

“Hey, Party Boy, another drink?” the brunette purred into his ear.

“Another drink, another girl, and another smoke!” he roared with festivities. The group of onlookers cried out with laughter. AJ felt hands sneak up his back and pat him roughly. He couldn’t help the large smile exploding from his face. Everyone was content with the person he was. AJ couldn’t be happier here. He loved the attention he received. No one scrutinized the deeds that he committed. He was a God to them, and that’s what he wanted.

“Another girl?” the woman pouted slightly.

“Sweetheart, don’t worry, I’m taking you home with me,” he answered, leaning in to her. He could smell the musky scent of her cologne. It was a cheap brand, he could tell. He didn’t care, though. A good-looking woman was a good-looking woman. No different in the social classes, although the poorer ones tended to have more wild desires. ‘Fuck, Grace-Anne,’ he thought, and with that, he locked lips with the woman and thrust his tongue into her mouth.

*~*~*

Anael gasped in shock as she stared deeply into the orb of silver lights. Her mind zoned as her face was cast with shadows from the bright lights of her orb. The brightness usually astounded her and caused her to become sick, but she was too keen on AJ’s figure within the lights. God had sent her an orb so she could always watch AJ, and make sure he didn’t get into too much trouble without her present. Right now, Anael felt like she was loosing control.

The heavy billows of smoke clouding around AJ made her sick. Each murky person present had some type of drink in his hand. Rounds of hoots, hollers, grunts, burps, and other mischievous conducts were passed when AJ slammed another burning alcoholic liquid in his throat. More cheers rattled against the orb. She saw him sway with uncertainty in his inebriated state, but a woman caught him, and he reached up and brought her into a passionate embrace.

She felt sick as alcohol was spilled onto another woman’s stomach. AJ leaned down and started to suckle the juices against her soft skin. The slurping sound echoed against Anael’s ears. Anael felt ill as she clutched her stomach. She let the orb fall onto the bed as she continued to watch. She was failing him so badly. Each lick he took from a woman’s body was a step closer to Satan’s gate.

“AJ, just pull away,” Anael whispered into the orb. Hating the sight before her, she wished it away. She took her index finger and made a swirling motion against the tip of the ball. Smoke billowed for a moment, but slowly disappeared. The orb filled with a misty blue coloring. She sighed as she hugged her knees to her chest, staring into the orb. She had now entered AJ’s mind.

‘Look at these people. They just want me to fling a few dollars out of my pockets. They’d scramble for them like starved men scrounge through the garbage. Pathetic. God, I wish someone would like me because of who I am, not how much money I make. Why can’t someone love me? Is there something terribly wrong with me? Do You even care about me, God? Can You ever imagine what I’m feeling? Every time I reach out to You “ You push me away. Do You have the perfect soul for me? Am I going to Heaven? Am I lost? God, why can’t You help me? Why am I always alone? Do the guys still care about me? Do they hate me? Do You hate me? What does Grace-Anne really think about me? Will she ever learn to like me? God, why am I so lonely?’

She was overwhelmed with what she found within his soul. His physical presence could mislead even the most educated Angel, but his soul could never lie. Anael felt tears prickle at her eyes. He was desperate. He had lost his full faith in God. He didn’t think anyone cared. She sighed heavily as she listened to his inner thoughts. He was so lonely. All he wanted was someone in his life to whisper the actual words of love in his ear.

Anael felt tears slowly trickle down her cheeks after a long moment of contemplation. She had no idea that she was crying for him, but it was natural instincts. She pushed the orb away from her, making the light dim within her room. In a matter of seconds, she was drowned within the darkness of night. She laid her head on her pillow, thinking of AJ. He was so lonely, and craved human love.

Anael was summoned to save this man’s soul, but all she did was listen to his thoughts. She should have been there to console his fears, and promise him God’s love. Instead, she was lying in her bed thinking of the possible outcomes. Anael realized how much she was failing him. Guilt flooded her system as she stared at the ceiling, loosing herself in thought. After hours of tedious thoughts of guilt, she sobbed herself into a dreamless slumber.