- Text Size +
A/N - I know that many of my readers are aware of my views on swearing, but I do still use it. Sometimes swearing is an effective way to put out the style and personality of a character. I apologize for the course use of language skills, but it is needed to represent my character. Again, I am sorry, but please realize it's a reality of the world.

CHAPTER - THE WELCOME WAGON

Anael moaned wearily as she shook her long blonde curls out. She felt so strange. She stood up, feeling light-headed. She couldn’t remember where she was. Wearily, she gazed about the town. She was laying in a sleek black Mercedes, a cell phone gripped tightly in her hand. Anael pulled herself up into a sitting position, admiring the white leather interior of her car. She smiled to herself, fingering the silver cross that dangled against her swan-like neck. Giant palm trees swayed in the Floridian breeze, gracefully protecting Anael’s sweet skin.

Anael took a deep breath and glanced around her, everything washed over her at once. Her mission began to ring clear within her ears. Anael’s heart jumped as she felt the hot Floridian weather glaring down on her milky white skin. She now realized that she was late for an important meeting. Her cell phone began to cry shrilly against the fading sounds of cars. She remembered the band was raised in Orlando, Florida. She gave a sigh and glanced downward, it was apparent that Brea selected her outfit.

Anael wore a pair of tight fitting faded blue jeans that clung to her like a second skin. Holes were worn in at the knees and the suede tan belt was frayed. Her hair was tossed into a sleek ponytail as the soft blonde curls cascaded down her back. A pair of CK sunglasses covered her beautiful sapphire eyes. Her shirt was hemmed to above her belly button and colored a soft white with sparkles splashed onto the fabric. Her left shoulder was bare as the shirt only covered her right shoulder blade.

“I’m really ready for work,” Anael muttered with sarcasm as she brushed herself off and grabbed her backpack that contained all the needed information. She glanced upward at the large venue, feeling quite intimidated. A shiver of fear raced down her spine. This was it “ the mission awaited her. She needed to help this man find God before Lucifer took control. Anael pulled her shoulders back and breezed into the front of the venue with a superior attitude.

Anael watched as the band was preparing on the stage. She heard the loud beats of the music as they danced. She eyed each boy, placing a name to each face. The tall, blonde haired, blue eyed, twenty-one year old, was Nick Carter. The short, Latin decent man, who was twenty-eight years old, was Howie Dorough. The eldest man of the group was tall, muscular, with emerald green eyes, he was already thirty and his name was Kevin Richardson. Then the shorter, bleach blond boy was Brian Littrell at age twenty-seven. Her mission who was nicknamed AJ was the same as his picture and twenty-three years old.

Anael glanced up and came face to face with her mission. He was throwing an angry fit at the moment for some stupid mistake. Anael felt God’s presence surround her as she started to walk toward the front of the stage. He gave her the air of confidence that she needed. She silently thanked Him. She then focused on the task at hand. She observed that Nick had done something wrong in routine, which set AJ “ Alexander James McLean “ off. Anael felt hesitant about approaching the situation as AJ pushed Nick onto the ground. Instantly, AJ began to throw the chairs around as he shouted profanities.

“That’s enough, Mr. McLean!” Anael found herself barking as she rushed to Nick’s defense. She already felt a protective side soar through her. Brea had always told Anael that she would feel worried about others in the fallen angel’s path. It was just part of the territory, and Anael had been the eldest in her family. Nick looked nervous and almost seemed to fear for his life. Kevin sighed heavily as Brian and Howie eyed Anael with curiosity. Anael reached down to help Nick to his feet. She grabbed a tissue from her back pocket and applied it to Nick’s cut lip.

“What the Hell?!” AJ screamed as he pitched a chair downward toward Anael. She jumped back as the chair clattered a few inches away from her feet. Her breath caught against her throat. She hadn’t expected that the outrageous attitude would be directed at her. She didn’t imagine she needed to fear for her life until that moment. Anael felt her chest tighten with a small amount of fear. He didn’t even know her and he was chucking things in her direction? Who did he think he was?

“Who the Hell are you?! And what the fuck do you want?!” AJ roared.

“AJ, stop it!” Kevin barked as he threw AJ down into a chair to maintain his wild behavior. AJ thrashed about in the chair as Kevin degraded him in front of the new woman. Howie sighed unhappily as he watched Anael gingerly help Nick. She became very aware of her surroundings as she stood next to Brian and Nick. “Can’t you act your age for just once?” Kevin complained.

“Get off me!” AJ growled.

“No need to restrain him,” Anael answered with her southern accent thick. Brian’s eyebrows raised in curiosity. “He’s just gonna be harder to deal with than all y’all. He’ll get used to a girl runnin’ the show sooner or lata. Know what I mean?”

“I take it you’re not from Florida?” Brian asked, voicing his thoughts.

“No, sir, Raleigh, North Carolina!” Anael answered as she beamed a smile. She held her hand out to Brian. He took it into both his hands, shaking it vigorously. Anael laughed softly, knowing Brian must have been the most energetic of the five. “Grace“Anne Lupe, y’all have a new manager!”

“Promise not to fire this one?” Kevin asked AJ under his breath.

“Get the hell off me!” AJ roared.

“Mr. Richardson?” Anael asked as she stuck her hand out to him. Kevin smiled and stood up. AJ burst from his chair and brushed his baggy pants off. He gave Kevin a dark glare. AJ looked highly irritated. Kevin ignored the look and shook Anael’s hand. “It’s a pleasure to meet you.”

“Likewise!” Kevin smiled, “It’ll be a pleasure to work with you. I hear you have very good credentials. I’m just thankful that we managed to snag you away from everyone else. I’m glad to have someone with your talent on board. You‘ll definitely keep us focused. And if AJ gives you any crap, give one of us the low-down, we‘ll talk to him!”

“Thanks, but I think I’ll be okay,” Anael chuckled as she outstretched her hand to AJ. “I’m sorry that I burst into your practice unexpected. But, hello. Would you like me to call you AJ, Mr. McLean? Alexander?” Alex? What?”

“I would like you to get the hell out of my face!” AJ growled as he shoved her hard. Anael went back a few steps as AJ jumped off the stage and burst out of the doors. Anael rubbed her chest, which actually hurt! Anael had to remind herself that she was back at Earth. Pain had always been here on Earth. There were no exceptions for celestial bodies. She didn’t think AJ would be that much trouble to actually hit someone he didn’t even know.

“Are you okay?” Howie burst as he watched Anael remove her sunglasses. She looked dazed as Howie gently placed his hand on her shoulder. He took great care in helping her to her feet. Nick looked sorrowful as he continued to hold the tissue to his lip. “Miss Lupe? Are you all right?”

“Oh, please call me Grace“Anne!” Anael sighed as she took a deep breath. The truth of her voyage remained startling. She couldn’t believe that she wouldn’t be able to fix AJ with a simple wave of her hand. She had to remind herself that she wasn’t a miracle worker. These things took time. Sadly, Anael was getting second thoughts. She wondered if someone more experienced should have gone on this job instead of her.

“Did he hurt you?” Brian asked urgently, fearing that they would lose their new manager due to one band member's attitude problem. This manager seemed down-to-Earth and someone they all needed. He seemed to see something excitingly new about this woman. Maybe she could change AJ. Brian had enough of AJ’s violent mood swings. He had already broke Nick’s hand from fighting with him. Brian hated hiding AJ’s violent battles with the guys from the fans. Nevertheless, until AJ got help, they were silent to the media.

“I’m fine,” Anael repeated.

“We’re so sorry for AJ. He can be such an ass sometimes,” Kevin growled with disapproval. “He’s been like that ever since he lost his grandmother. Though, when his father tried to invest some time with him, AJ turned away. His father hasn’t been the most faithful, and didn’t invest time into AJ’s life until the money started rolling in Then he leaned on the support of his girlfriend and she ended up leaving him in the cold. We’ve tried to help him, he just doesn’t want it.”

“I understand, hopefully he’ll see his wrong-doings,” Anael accepted.

“We doubt that,” Nick sighed heavily. He was still quite shaken with AJ's actions. He had never felt like AJ might injure his life, but today he felt differently. He reached up and dabbed his bleeding lip with Anael's tissue.

“Anyway, we’re very sorry,” Howie recalled.

“It’s fine,” Anael replied with a small smile.

“I suppose you should have known of AJ’s violent tendencies before you started this job. It must be very surprising to just walk in and find him like that. We’re all very used to it, so we don’t tend to tell many people. We hope you aren’t mad at us,” Brian asked hopefully. Anael watched his warm blue eyes sparkle with hope.

“Not at all. Don’t worry about it. I’ve been through worse, and it’s not a problem. So, why don’t I take y’all for lunch? After all, I am your manager. I must get to know more about you, right?” Anael asked softly.

“If you’re buying!” Nick joked as he watched Anael smile. She was easing into her position smoother than she thought it would be. One rough occurrence, but it was bound to happen. The boys seemed accepting to her, and seemed friendly. She was thankful for that. Now, all she had to do was get AJ to actually stay in the same room as her.