- Text Size +
Chapter Eleven:
Sudden Attack!



There was the sound of distant footsteps. Then they stopped. A little breathing continued to disturb the silence. Claire opened her eyes and realized she was lay down, facing up at a spider-infested ceiling. She sat up, and looked around, but could see nothing. It was dark. The only thing she was able to make out was a window which had the outlines of dark smudge marks on it. The breathing that could be heard was still filling the silence. Claire got up from the uncomfortable bed she had lay on...

How had she got here? Wasn't she running away from that creature just moments ago? Well, that's what it felt like. As these questions were swimming through her head, Claire had managed to turn on the light. A golden light filled the darkness, and revealed a rather shabby, messed bedroom. The bed Claire was lay on was filthy. Blood and mud stains all over the duvet and the pillow was in shreds. The dirty window was not dirty...Blood was splattered all over it from the outside. Claire's stomach went in at the site of a piece of flesh stuck on the window. Underneath the window stood a huge, widescreen TV-sized chest. And over-sizing it, on a moth-eaten round table, lay an old type-writer.

Claire examined the room a bit more, and then turned to face the huge blooded bedroom door. It was closed, and the handle was missing. What does it mean when there isn't a handle on your side of the door? You can't get out! Claire was panicking! She needed to find a way out! She needed Leon...

Where was he? Had he arrived at the Police Station yet? If so, was he willing to wait for her? Claire sat back down on the bed, examining the room yet again...Then she laid eyes on the huge chest again. What would be in there? She leant off the bed, and walked over the creaky floor, towards the chest. She bent down, and placed a hand on it. Then heaved the flat lid up...and a loud creak noise broke the eerie silence...Claire looked into the chest and gasped at the site...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile, Jill and the Umbrella Soldier were running through the dark and zombie-infested streets. They shot a good few down, but needed to be careful of the ammo. Jill's mind wasn't on escaping, or staying alive at this moment in time. She was too busy thinking about the Umbrella Soldier. Why was he helping her? Umbrella were the ones responsible for Raccoon City's fall. They caused the leak of the T-Virus. They created these monsters. Why were they now helping destroy and stop them? Well if this was a way of undoing their dirty work and seeking for forgivness, it was NOT going to work! It was until they reached an abandoned restaurant, that Jill finally had it out with the soldier.

"You work for Umbrella?" she asked him, as they walked into the Kitchens, the horrible and sickening smell of gas. Jill looked around, and saw that a gas tank was burst and gas was spraying out. The soldier went to light a cigarette, but Jill swiped the lighter out of his hand!

"Are you stupid!?" she gasped, then looked him in the eye. His shoulder-length brown hair was curvy and his brown eyes were revealing. He was a handsome guy, thought Jill. But looks don't work...

"Answer my question!" she said, then repeating the question she asked two minutes ago. "Do you work for Umbrella?"

The soldier sighed.

"How you guess?!" he said, in his american accent.

Jill shook her head. This guy was pathetic!

"Don't act stupid! What's your name?" she said in a straight, angry tone.

"Carlos. I work for the Umbrella Biohazard Countermeasure Service. We're here to help those who are in danger!" he introduced himself, in a flirty way, swinging his A.R around.

"You're pathetic! A scum! Liar! Umbrella are the reason why this town's freaked! They caused all this shit! So why bring out a Service team!?" Jill shouted, now angry at the fact Umbrella are doing this. How dare they?!

"Hey calm down lady! I'm just doing my job! If you don't need any help, then fine! I am gonna continue my job, until the end!" Carlos shouted back. He went to run away, but a loud roar made him stop in his tracks. Jill froze. What...was...that?! Carlos whipped around facing Jill, and stared her in the eye.

"Did you...?"

"No!" Jill snapped, then she shushed him. Heavy, drum-like footsteps were heading their way. They were coming from the corner of the Kitchen...somewhere in the dark corridor, where the bust gas tank was. They waited, A.R's held tightly against them. Ready to fire...But Jill had just realized...Shooting was no good! It will cause an explosion!

She looked around the room. There was no other way out! She looked behind her, and saw a burning lamp. The light was switched on, and then an idea struck Jill. Just as she turned to tell Carlos, the roarer had appeared! It was the most...shuddering site Jill had laid eyes on. Even Carlos was shaking. The monster's skin was a brown colour, and he wore a navy-blue costume. In one hand, it was clutching onto a huge Rocket Launcher, and it's huge teeth were bare. Every tooth was visible. It sniffed around, it's one blue eye scanning the room.

Then it saw the two small figures and let out a roar. Then a spine-chilling "STARS!"

"C'mon!" Jill grabbed Carlos, ran out of the Kitchen, grabbing the lit lamp in the process and throwing it towards the monster! They dived out of the Kitchen, the impact of the explosion that had erupted from the Kitchen had sent them flying into the main part of the Restaurant, Jill landing on a table, and Carlos landed in some chairs. They both got up, and looked each other in the eye. Then they both said...

"What the HELL was that?!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~