- Text Size +
Chapter Three:
Their Purpose

September 1st
Raven's Gate Bridge, 6:28pm

The red colour of the sky was getting deeper as Claire was getting closer and closer to Raccoon City. The wind whipped o要 her helmet, the sound was like stones hitting ground. And low, moaning groans (which, in Claire's case, was overtaken by the sound of the wind and bike's engine) could be heard in the distance. Claire was getting really comfortable, until she noticed ahead of her a truck was coming her way o要 her side of the road!

She swirled the bike into the other lane, the truck did the same.

"Oh shit!" she shouted through the wind.

She went back into the other lane. The driver in the truck followed suit! The driver kept doing the same everytime claire moved. The truck was heading closer and closer each second. Claire had to find a way to get past the driver. She had an idea!

She steered the bike in the middle of the road. The truck driver did the same. Then she speeded up until it was maximum speed. Now the truck was getting closer every mili-second!! And then finally, as they almost collided, Claire pulled the handles of the bike up, forcing the bike to come off the ground and as this happened, Claire pulled it left and it went sideways and landed o要to the left lane. And at that the truck went straight past Claire, and Claire sped o要. But she slammed o要 the brakes as she almost hit a huge metallic door. It was blocking the entrance to Raccoon City. The bike lost control and it came off its wheels and Claire came off its seat! She went rolling o要 the ground, and bang into the metallic door. The bike was sliding sideways and went over the fence o要 the side of the bridge and into the sea!

Claire raised her arm, but she was too weak. Her sight was fading away. The blood red sky was turning black. Everything was. Then her eyes automatically shut. She fell unconcious...

Inside the City of the Dead...

He ran through dark alleys, into shops and through a wood. But no matter what he did or where he went, Leon was being followed by those freaky white eyed people. He eventually ran into a bar which seemed empty, and as he got in he blocked the doors and windows with shutters. One of the freaks tried to crawl through a broken window o要 the other end of the shop but the shutter crushed him and split him in two. o要e by o要e the shutters covered every entrance and window to the building. Leon sighed, and caught his breathe. Then he leant o要 the wall and slid down and sat o要 the ground.

"Oh man! Whats wrong with the people in this town! Why did they surround me like that? They look dead!" he spoke to himself.

He looked at his wristwatch.

"Oh no! I am late for my first day at work! Chief Iron's is really going to be angry with me now!"

He pushed himself up from the ground, and walked towards the bar.

"Hello? Anyone here?" he said leaning o要 the bar.

No response from anywhere. How strange? He tutted and jumped over to the otherside of the bar, and took a can of beer from the refridgerator. He opened it with the usual 'sss' sound and gulped it down. He sighed. Then a sound disturbed the silence around him. It sounded like a 'chewing' sound.

"Hello?" he said looking over the bar. Then to his right, there was a doorway. The door was ajar. He silently walked over to it, the floorboards creaking. He pulled his gun out, and stepped in the frame of the door and aimed! There was nothing there. He sighed o要ce more and giggled a little.

"Just nerves!" he whispered to himself.

He turned back and there, advancing towards him was o要e of those freaky white eyed people. She groaned, and as she opened her mouth to do so, a piece of flesh fell out.

"Eergh! Whats that!?"

Leon crept backwards meaning to go through the doorway. But his back hit a boney surface. And another groan came from behind him! He turned his head around slowly and saw white eyes!

"Oh no!!!"

He went to punch the person but its hands grabbed hold of Leon's arms. Their grip were strong. And he was trying to bite at him!! But Leon head-butted him and it fell to floor. He turned around, meaning to attack the other o要e. But it beat him and jumped o要 him. They fell o要 the ground, the woman o要 top of Leon snapping her jaws at him, trying to bite his neck!

"Get off!!!" Leon screamed, using all his strength to push her off, but he wasn't strong enough! He closed his eyes!

He thought it was all over, but the sound of a pipe hitting a head made him open them and as he did the woman's face landed in his chest. And in place of the womans head was a pretty womans face. She had blue eyes, and brown hair as brown as wood!

"Hey, you OK?" she asked.

She was wearing a biker's costume. Red shorts, red body warmer and a black T-Shirt underneath. Her hair was tied in a ponytail. She kicked the woman off Leon and helped him up.

Leon rubbed his arm, as it was starting to ache. Then he ran his fingers through his hair.

"Yeah, thanks for that!" he replied.

The woman laughed.

"Whats a cute young guy like you, being attacked by a woman and not defending himself about?" she giggled.

Leon sighed.

"Whats a beautiful young girl like you doing in a place like this?" Leon replied sarcastically.

"I am joking!" she said, patting him o要 the shoulder. "I'm Claire Redfield! Who are you?"

Leon looked at the palm of his hands. Then his green eyes rolled o要to Claire's blue o要es.

"Leon Kennedy. I am here to start my job as a rookie cop! How about you?" he asked.

Claire walked around the bar, as if examining it.

"Well, my brother Chris was supposed to be here waiting for me. We haven't seen each other for years. I had been trying to get in touch with him through Raven's Gate Bridge. But I can't seem to. All phones are down. Even this o要e!" she said, holding the bars phone up in the air.

"Well, I need to make my way to the Police Station. You wanna come?" Leon said poining at the doors.

"Sure. But how we gonna get there without being attacked by those things out there?" Claire questioned.

"I am sure there will be a vehicle out the back somewhere. As long as there ain't any of those things out there."

"OK, sure!" Claire nodded.

Leon handed her a gun. And they ran for the back of the building.