- Text Size +
Chapter Eight:
Crashed and Seperated



Leon and Claire had found a Police Car outside the back of the Pub. It was empty, and the keys were in the ignition, which was lucky. Leon said he'd drive, because he knew his way to the Police Station. Both of them got in, and he started the engine up, and smashed through the wood fence that was blocking the way out.

"You're a cop, right?" Claire asked, knowing full well he was a cop, but just wanted to make sure she wasn't teaming up with an axe-murderer.

"I told you I was in the Pub." Leon replied, eyes fixed on the road in front of him. There were loads of those white eyed people on both sides of the road, holding up their arms, and groaning. Leon and Claire ignored it.

"Just want to make sure, that's all." Claire said, looking out the window.

There was silence for a while. Leon had turned into many roads, and he was going quite fast. Claire sat back. Then Leon spoke.

"See what's in that glove box." he said.

Claire leant forward and opened the glove box. Inside was a rolled up map, a bunch of keys and a red gem. She snatched them out, and shut the glove box. She examined the map. It had a huge square building on it, and over fifty rooms.

"Map of the Raccoon City Police Department Ground Floor." she read out.

"A map?" Leon asked. "Okay, keep that. We may need it."

Claire pocketed the map. She then examined the red gem.

"Wonder what this is for." she said, holding it in air.

Leon looked and saw the shiney item.

"Hmm, take that too."

Then finally, Claire picked up the keys. She counted them. There were fifteen. Then she threw them onto Leon's lap.

"You take them." she said.

"Thanks."

They had been driving for twenty minutes now. It was quiet, and there were still white eyed people walking in the dark streets.

"I wonder what's wrong with them? How did they become such horrible monsters? There's something going wrong in this town." Claire said out loud, hoping Leon would come up with an answer. "C'mon, you work here. Surely you must know something."

Leon sighed.

"Listen Claire. This is my first time in Raccoon City, and my first day to start as a Rookie Cop. I would of told you, if I knew what was happening in the crazy town! So stop - ARRRGH!"

He was cut off!! Something from behind grabbed him around the neck. Claire was screaming. The person's grip was tightening around Leon's neck, and shaking him violently! He was struggling to breathe! Claire was punching at the person, but it didn't work. Leon lost control of the car! He was swing left and right around the road. He almost hit another car! He was trying to fight off the person's grip!! But then he gave in...he let go of the steering wheel...and pulled off the person's hands, then elbowed him in the face! But it still didn't work. Leon looked back and saw it was one of those white eyed monsters! He had his mouth open, attempting to bite Leon.

"LEON!!!!" Claire shouted.

Leon looked around at her, saw that she was pointing through the windowscreen. He looked, but it was too late. CRASH! They went smack into a wall. The white eyed man went flying through the window and into the wall outside. The force of the crash made Claire hit her head on the dashboard, and an air bag burst out to prevent Leon from banging his head on the wheel.

Claire groaned. Leon was...speechless. How lucky they were, to survive a crash.

"Leon..."

"Claire are you okay?"

"Yeah..." she replied, hand on forehead.

They both sat there, ridding the shock of the crash from their minds. Then a horn from behind them had interrupted the silence. They looked back, and saw a huge truck, flashlights blazing, heading their way! Smashing through cars, and signposts.

"Shit! That Truck's gonna go bang into us!! Get out! Now!"

Claire followed Leon's orders, unbuckled her belt, and got out of the car. Leon did the same, and he dived as he felt the force of the truck crash into the Police Car!!! The noise was deafening, and he could feel the heat and smell the smoke of a fresh fire. He was on the floor. He got up, holding his hands before his eyes, so he could see properly. Claire was on the otherside.

"CLAIRE?!" he called through.

No answer...wait! Yes she replied!

"LEON!! WHERE ARE YOU?"

"I'M ON THE OTHERSIDE. I DON'T THINK I CAN GET OVER TO YOU. THE TRUCKS TOTALLY BLOCKED THE ROAD YOU'RE ON!!!"

"WHAT DO WE DO?"

"MAKE YOUR WAY TO THE POLICE STATION. I'LL MEET YOU THERE!"

"OKAY!"

"CLAIRE...BE CAREFUL!"

"YOU TOO LEON!"

And he set off...the nightmare had begun!!!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*