- Text Size +
Chapter 17 – The Start

AJ yawned loudly as he scratched his bare abdomen, shuffling toward the kitchen toward a feast of aromas that caused his stomach to rumble with anticipation. It was the last day of vacation before the start of the tour and AJ was doing his best to catch up on all the sleep he could. During the tour, concerts ran late and sometimes it was impossible to sleep on the road, not to mention the fact that Kitra would be dragging him all over the cities for entertainment. So, he requested not to be bothered as he napped heavily. Only, that seemed useless when his stomach started aching for food. So, he hurried toward the kitchen in search of the source, holding a hand over his mouth as it watered profusely. And he was surprised to find Kitra slaving over the hot stove, creating the delightful aromas. "What are you doing, Sexy?"

"Alex, you were supposed to stay asleep until I was done," Kitra groaned, but turned around with a smile after covering a pot. She looked adorable with his barbequing apron on that read Kiss The Chef in bright red.

"How was I supposed to stay asleep when it smells so fucking good?" AJ breathed with delight, pulled her roughly to him by the hips. He grinned with obvious delight as he pressed a sweet kiss to the center of her forehead before inching his lips near hers, causing her to whimper as she inhaled the minty hot breath but was unable to touch his lips.

"You're teasing me and you know it," Kitra pouted as she tried again and again to kiss him, but failed miserably.

"Now you know what it feels like, huh?" he chuckled, continued to use his height to his advantage, making sure they were mere centimeters apart with no room for touching.

"Dinner is going to burn if you don't kiss me--"

"Then you better get back to dinner," AJ interrupted, pressing another kiss to her forehead before releasing her.

"You brat!"

"Hurry up, I'm hungry, woman," AJ growled playfully as he swatted her behind.
"You're spoiled," Kitra stuck her tongue out at him and turned to stir various sauces and flip the frying chicken. She had decided to make chicken parmesan with linguine, marinara sauce and garlic cheese bread. There was also a dessert chilling in the refrigerator.

"Like you can talk."

"Who's making dinner again? From scratch, I might add?"

"I never said you had to..."

"I know. I am because I want to," Kitra replied softly, turning the burner off for the marinara sauce.

"Because you love me," AJ boasted with a natural teasing tone, not really meaning anything by the sentiment. It was just something he constantly said to get out of trouble, especially with his mother. Though, it was true that he was falling in love with Kitra, but those emotions had since been held back when he caught Kitra with her addictions.

"Don't go into that too much, Alex," Kitra teased, plating some pasta onto two plates. She turned off all the other burners and began assembling the meals. "If you could grab two sodas out of the fridge? That would be a big help, Babe."

"No problem," AJ agreed, hopping off his chair to grab two cans of Mountain Dew with a large cup of ice for himself. It seemed to help - chewing on ice - to somewhat hide the cravings he dealt with daily.

Kitra topped the steaming chicken breasts with cheese and sauce, placed two pieces of bread on the sides and brought them to the table as AJ brought the drinks. "So, what do you think?"

"Food on the road is definitely going to suck ass after I finish gouging myself on this..." AJ groaned ruefully, though he was anxious to dive in.

"Don't some of the hotel rooms have kitchens and stuff? I could always do a home-made dinner once in awhile during the tour," Kitra offered, smiling bashfully as they settled at the table.

"And ruin those fantastic hands that make the best costumes around?" AJ scoffed playfully, taking her hand to smack a wet kiss to it before gathering everything he desired to eat.

"Or we can just eat fast food," Kitra actually giggled, cutting up her pasta.
"You'll get sick of it..."

"You're talking to the woman who had to live off McDonald's, dollar, double cheese burgers for at least one month because we didn't have enough money to buy groceries..."

"Kit..."

"Well, I did."

"We'll get whatever you want on the road, okay?"

"Alex--"

"I bitched for how long about how shitty my life was... But, Kit, you've lived through hell. I'm going to take care of you, no matter how much you try to make me kick you out."

"You're not going to get tired of me?" Kitra asked softly, playing with the food on her plate to avoid his deep brown eyes.

"Not in a million years. In fact, I find you pretty damn entertaining," AJ chuckled, turning back to his food so she wouldn't get too entirely uncomfortable. "Like the fact that you fixed up Grace's dress and made sure it was in Corinne's costume change knowing damn well her fat ass will never be able to fit into Grace's costume... Then you took a whole night to make Grace an even more beautiful gown for More Than That."

"I just try to make up for all the shit I put Racie through when I was in that darkness of addiction. She deserves to feel pretty when she dances."

"She's definitely going to be surprised."

"And so will Draeger when she puts on her new dress."

"That damn bitch is more trouble that she's ever been worth. If Tima knew what she did to Howie... Or what she started doing to Grace... She'd be gone... Although, Nick might fight for her because she's an easy lay and he enjoys having things that belonged to Howie..."

"Would she really sue if you guys fired her?"

"She might try, but nothing would come of it."

“Oh... what is up with Nick, anyway? He's so..."

"Lost?" AJ guessed with a shrug of his shoulders. "Not that little blonde airhead that the media loves to portray, huh?"

"When he was at Devil's with Racie... Half the time, I'd consider what he did to be--"

"Rape?"

"I..."

"His mother is the picture version of a psycho stage mom. She's vicious, conniving, and taught Nick everything he knows. Kev's done his best to teach Nick right from wrong, but Nick just doesn't care. He gets away with murder and he likes it that way. Might just be the whole start of his twenties and wanting to spread his wings, but he might turn out like me."

"But you're changing for the better, Alex. If that boy isn't careful, someone who doesn't mind conflict might charge him with rape or sexual assault and I hate to imagine what Kevin would do then..."

"I'm not exactly the role model to set him straight."

"Well, no, but..." Kitra trailed off, taking a bite of food. "I don't know, maybe it's not my business."

"It's not like that--"

"If you haven't noticed, your friends don't exactly accept me like they accept Racie. Which is fine, I don't care. But I just hate seeing someone waste their life like I did before meeting you."

"They don't like you because of me--"

"No, it's because of what I used to do. They don't know that we've quit everything, so they all still think I'm dragging you into dangerous shit."

"Then tell them--"

"It doesn't matter. Let's just enjoy dinner, because there's also dessert."

"What kind of dessert? You drizzled in chocolate?"

"Well, I did buy some chocolate syrup--"

"Sometimes I think you're a nympho," Kitra laughed, covering her mouth that was full of food.

"That's the pot calling the kettle black for damn sure," he chuckled, unable to smile at the sweetness she was exuding. It was at times like these when he truly appreciated her company, whether she believed it or not. She was there to remind him that life didn't have to be so cold.

"...Oh yeah, huh? I wonder if there's a place in this house where we haven't had sex--"
"Downstairs bathroom and this kitchen table," AJ answered as he shoveled some scrumptious morsels of food into his mouth, savoring the wonderful flavor.

"That's all we have left?"

"I believe so. We took care of every bedroom, the master bathroom, the master shower, the pool, the jacuzzi, the billiard table, the piano--"

"Then let's take care of the kitchen table next," Kitra interrupted, pushing some plates back to give them room as she grinned.

"You don't have to tell me twice," AJ growled with pure delight, quickly picking her up and laying her on the table, not caring as dishes and various items crashed around them.

*~*~*


"You do realize that you don't have to watch this with me, right?" Grace called vaguely as she felt Howie slip into the master bed behind her, causing a shift in the mattress. She naturally moved to accommodate his presence, seemingly hugging tighter to the pillows she was occupying so they weren't stolen, her eyes never leaving the flat screen TV. The last day before the tour and both were just trying to relax and enjoy home as much as possible. Grace decided to start her own tour of DVDs, knowing she'd continue throughout the tour. But she had just recently purchased Hannibal and couldn't resist watching it in Howie's bedroom. Silence of the Lambs had been a fantastic movie, so Grace knew she wouldn't be disappointed. Horror movies hardly fazed her anymore because she had seen the worst of life anyway, but she seemed to naturally gravitate toward them nonetheless. Almost as if it was a piece of her horrible home that she wanted to remember.

"I know. But I've never seen it and I love Anthony Hopkins. He's great as Dr. Lecter," Howie replied, spooning her lightly as he rested his chin on her bare shoulder.

"I stole your bed to watch the movie," she confirmed softly, "Sorry."

"Don't be sorry. I told you a long time ago you can any time you like."

"I know, but guess I just had to clarify."

"It's fine," he promised, actually delivering a kiss to her bare shoulder before resting again.

"Where'd you disappear to while I started the movie?" she questioned, trying her best to concentrate on the characters though it seemed futile. Instead, she could only feel the sweet sensation of Howie's arms curling around her upper torso to pull her closer. His fingers worked in a slow circular motion, dangerously close to caressing her breast. And, the sensations washing over Grace were unimaginable. She had never been the type of woman to enjoy sex, mostly because of how violently men had taken it from her all her life. But Howie made her ache in the most private of places. The way his body spooned so closely next to hers, filling her mind with erotic pleasures that her body was begging to release.

"I was just making sure we were all packed and didn't forget anything," he replied, his fingers trailing along her trim abdomen.

"Did you add some extra toys for my benefit?" she teased, keep her face shielded from his view as she bit hard on her bottom lip to stop herself from squirming to get closer or moaning at the delicateness of his fingers moving against her.

"You'll just have to see when we get on the bus tomorrow."

"I doubt you slipped down to Adult World to pick up a few items, Stranger."

"It may not be those kind of toys, Gracie--"

"Then what kind of toys?" she questioned curiously, completely turned off of the movie. Especially as Howie's hand traveled lower over her abdomen and across her hip, causing her to practically strangle the pillows tucked over her hand to relieve the pressure.

"The kind of toys that stay a surprise until tomorrow--"

"Stranger," she whimpered as she buried her face into the cool pillow for relief, though it was more from his actions than his words.

"What?" he chuckled.

"You're killing me."

"Because of my surprise?"

"Yes," she groaned as his hand traveled up her side, falling into the smooth contours to much of their delight.

"You're so sexy when you're frustrated--"

"You have no idea, Stranger," she interrupted with a heavy breath, attempting to leave before she did something he'd probably regret. Only, Howie managed to catch her before she could leave, pulling her onto his body. She straddled his laps without coincidence, just staring down at him with disbelief at the sensual position. Her entire body was tense as her cheeks flushed with obvious desire.

"What was that supposed to mean?" he smirked, his hands massaging her curvy hips.

"You're not funny--"

Howie stopped her sentence by leaning up to kiss her, cupping her cheeks as his tongue rubbed softly against hers, coaxing her silence.

"Mmm, Howie," she moaned softly against his mouth, tipping her head to allow him more access. Somehow as he lay back down, she followed, not wanting to break the kiss. She loved the taste of him. It was a sweet taste that she craved for even during her erotic dreams. Her eyes naturally closed as she savored his flavor, her body aching for his hands to move away from cupping her face at to other regions that were begging for attention.

"Have I ever told you how much I love kissing you?" he whispered against her lips, allowing his hands to trail down to the base of her spine and back up again.

"No..." she answered, her voice catch briefly in her throat as Howie nipped her bottom lip. She released a groan of pleasure, moving to meet his lips once more as her hands naturally worked to remove the clothing covering his torso.

"Well, I do," he replied in between kisses, feeling the cool air hit his bare skin.

"Likewise," she quickly promised, her hands moving down to caress the contours of his chiseled abdomen, loving the feeling of the rippled muscles. She couldn't help but grin as she continued to kiss him, hers growing harder and hungrier.

"Mmm..." His hands began playing with the hem of her tank top, tickling her skin under the fabric.

Grace immediately squirmed as he tickled her delicate flesh, causing her hips to rock against his. She bent further against his body, practically covering him as she nuzzled her face into his neck, giggling. "That tickles!"

"Good, that's the point!" he chuckled.

"Howie," she whimpered with a mixture of sweet giggles as he persisted, causing her to squirm further against his body. "Don't!"

"What do I get if I stop?" he mused, unable to stop smiling as his hands actually slipped beneath her tank top. He immediately felt the softness of her silky skin and his body lit with a sharp fire of desire as her hips continued to rock against his in attempts to get away. He knew he was playing with a dangerous situation, but he couldn’t stop. What he felt for Grace was so damn powerful, far more powerful than anything he had dealt with before. So powerful that he was willing to die for her, which scared him. But he couldn't resist the temptation of the moment, too caught within the wanting of her beautiful body mixed with the love of her soul to stop.

"This," she promised as she hurriedly offered the smallest kiss to the side of his neck. She felt his hands sneak up higher in her plain tank top to feel the delicateness of her skin. She elicited a purr of delight against his throat, hardening the kisses with playful nips as she moved to the front of his throat, moving down to his collar bones.

"Gracie," he whispered, arching his back slightly as their bodies flamed together like a wild forest fire.

She made sure not to leave a portion of his bare chest untouched, using her hands to gently caress as her lips moved slowly across the broadness. She could feel her body electrify with passion that she had never felt before, following through with the emotions she never thought she could develop. But the pushed her forward, nonetheless, wanting to pleasure Howie in ways that he had only dreamed of. Especially as her kisses moved toward his abdomen, suckling lightly before moving to the next part. Then, with an erotic warmth, she placed her last kiss just above his belt, centered against his pelvis.

"Gracie..." was all Howie could muster as their eyes locked.

"Yeah?" she questioned softly as she moved back to capture his lips in a beautifully passionate kiss. Only, when she pulled away and found his dark eyes, noticing the slight fear radiating from the very core of his soul. His body was trembling beneath her, causing her to tense in response. A coldness washed over her as she sat back. "What'd I do?"

"You didn't do anything wrong... God, no. I'm just... I'm afraid."

Grace frowned as her sexual frenzy was doused with a freezing bath of humiliation. Her cheeks flushed red as she covered her face, sliding off his hips. At that moment, she felt no better than Corinne. She was just aching to have Howie within her that she was trying by any means necessary. A few more moments and she would have gotten what she wanted. But the guilt was unbearable, especially when she still ached for him. "Damnit... I'm so sorry..."

"No, Gracie... not like that," Howie disagreed, grasping her hands into his to pull them away from her face. "I'm scared because I don't want to disappoint you."

Grace's cheeks seemed to darken as she caught Howie's gaze, feeling horrible for pressuring him into sex when he had defined his morals so clearly. He didn't want to have sex with her. "It's okay; I know you don't want to do this--"

"No, I want to do this... I want to connect with you in so many ways. But I want it to be making--"

"Love, I know," she finished with a heavy sigh, untangling her body away from his grasp. She needed a freezing cold shower to shake the feelings.

"Gracie--"

"Stranger, I'm not mad," she gently interrupted with a chide as she slid off the bed. Her ankle ached slightly, but she ignored it as she hastily adjusted her clothing appropriately to her body. "I understand what you want. It's okay."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes--"

"Then where are you going?"

"Forgot to get a shower..."

"There's one on my bus--"

"Trust me, I need it now."

*~*~*


Kitra frowned with confusion as she glanced around the large terminal practically cramped with several buses, unable to find her best friend anywhere. The first day of the tour had finally arrived and at six in the morning, the group had to meet at the terminal in order to assure that everything was packed and ready to go. Only, they had roadies to do all the packing, so the dancers and the boys were free to hang around and enjoy the start of the first day. Only, with the adrenaline racing, Kitra was anxious to find her best friend to wish her the best of luck. Again, they would be separated for most of the trip, Kitra on AJ's bus and Grace on Howie's bus. The older woman wasn't used to leaving Grace on her own. Not since she found her wandering the streets at seventeen. So, a slight panic rushed through her till she noticed Grace off to the corner, sitting on the pavement Indian style. Her hands were plunged into her thick honey curls as she made a face of disgust, causing Kitra to chuckle.

"What are you doing?"

"Trying to picture Kevin naked," Grace murmured, shuddering at the mental image she conjured.

"Why the Hell are you trying to picture Kevin naked? Wouldn't Howie be nicer?" Kitra raised her eyebrows.

"Because I'm too damn horny," Grace whined bluntly with a frustrated groan.

"Aww, Racie's boyfriend makes her horny," Kitra laughed, sitting down next to the younger woman.

"If you're going to make fun of me, just get the Hell away, because I'm in no mood. After ten cold showers in the course of two days, I don't want to hear any bitching but mine," Grace seethed, immediately turning her embarrassed gaze away from her best friend.

"Isn't normally a guy who takes cold show--"

"Did I not just explain that I'm the sexually frustrated one, not him?!"

"Haven't you heard of masterba--"

"God no," Grace groaned with disgust.

"You're going to explode one of these days with that horniness all pent up!"

"It doesn't help anyway," Grace moaned pitifully, falling back against the cement wall with utter devastation. She roughly massaged her scalp in attempts to calm herself, but it wouldn’t work. All she could think about was Howie and how much she wanted him.

"First city we hit tomorrow, we're looking up some Adult Store for a major honking vibrator because this is fucking ridiculous! I never have wanted sex in my lifetime now I'm practically begging for it!"

"Just keep thinking about Kevin naked and you'll be fine until we find the perfect vibrator for you--"

"God, that's like a nightmare," Grace shuddered yet again, stomping her feet against the ground with the pent up energy she could hardly release. "Do you know I honestly thought about just jumping into Nick's bus for a quick lay--"

"If hears that you won't live a day without him nagging you about it," Kitra slapped a hand over Grace's mouth.

"Ow!" Grace yelped at the sharp bite of Kitra's hand, falling backward just to get away from the sting. She was completely oblivious to the fact that Corinne had overheard and skipped toward the various groups of people with the new information. "You didn't let me finish, damnit!"

"It doesn't matter! Do you realize how fast rumors spread in bands like this?!"

"Do you think I give a flying fuck at this point? Right now I'd just rather have one," Grace growled, continuing to gingerly hold her face as a sharp pain continued to make itself known. She had wanted to finish by saying that Nick wouldn't have even been able to satisfy her at this point. All she wanted was Howie. All she dreamed about what Howie. All she loved was Howie...

"Fine. What were you going to say?"

"I want Howie," she murmured softly, staring down at her dainty hands. She never thought she'd ever have to confess that in her lifetime. She probably could have had any man out in the parking lot at this very moment. She was gorgeous enough. But her heart actually belonged to Howie. And though she was probably months away from admitting it, she really was in love with Howie. But, since she didn't understand love, she didn't know she was feeling it.

"He wants you too, Racie. But you know--"

"He doesn't want sex. He wants to make love. If I hear that one more time..."

"You'd probably just be better off riding with Brian for the rest of the tour..." Kitra laughed with obvious sorrow for her best friend.

"Funny, real funny," Grace growled, attempting to stand.

"At least Brian wouldn't give you sexual tension," Kitra stood up before Grace, cracking her back.

"Or I could just ride with you and AJ, offering a threesome. You know you've always desired to tap my ass, Kitty," Grace teased scornfully as she brushed away the stones from her faded blue jeans, and then adjusted her dusky lavender, ribbed tank top against her torso.

"I don't think I could ever have a threesome that involved my best friend," Kitra leaned over and slobbered Grace's cheek. "I wouldn't want to share you with Alex!"

"Yeah, you're already too much man for me," Grace actually giggled at the sensation, attempting to pry herself away from Kitra with a shriek.

"Hey! I'm more woman than--"

"I know," Grace promised when she was finally set free, bouncing a little in attempts to rid the nervous energy of her body. But it proved useless as she glanced around to catch Howie speaking with a variety of group members, Corinne being one. Immediately, all the tension she had released surfaced yet again by just gazing at his handsome physique. "I am so utterly fucked--"

"Once you can see there is such a thing as making love," Kitra grinned with a wink, nudging Grace's side. "You and Howie will be like rabbits!"

"Kitra, you know that I don't--"

"If you would let yourself believe in it, all that tension could go away."

"He was terrified of me last night."

"What did he say?"

"It wasn't what he said," Grace murmured as she watched the group Howie had been part of disintegrate briefly until it just left the boys and Corinne. She immediately turned to watch Kitra, wanting to focus her thoughts. "Last night... I was watching a movie in his bed and he came to lay down with me. He started moving his hands on my body and then I ended up straddling his lap. We're making out and I manage to take his shirt off. His hands slide under mine and he starts to tickle me. I get him to stop by kissing his chest... And when I finish, I just look up and there's this wild fear radiating from his eyes. And he's actually trembling beneath me. I felt like such an asshole. Must of thought I was no better than--"

"Stop! Good God woman, just stop trying to compare yourself to her. I'll bet you that Howie said he was scared to disappoint you when it comes to being intimate. Am I right?"

"He was scared of me."

"Not you. Did you not hear what I said?! Guys who had a horrible previous girlfriends are always afraid they won't be able to sexually satisfy women after that."

"Who are you, Dr. Drew?" Grace scoffed as she folded her arms across her chest.

"I did use to watch Love Line... but it's just something guys get insecure about."

Grace exhaled a painful breath as she watched Howie, truly unable to look away. "How am I going to stay in that tour bus with him? It's just so crazy..."

"You two will get to know each other better... maybe you'll learn what love is."

"I thought we knew each other--"

"On the deeper levels."

"I'm about to just walk around naked for that deeper level--"

"I wouldn't mind that," AJ interrupted with a grin.

"Alex!"

"What?" AJ chuckled with amusement, snaking his arms around Kitra's waist and pressing a warm kiss to her neck.

"You're lucky you're so damn sexy... and that Howie didn't hear you," Kitra tried to scowl as she melted into his embrace.

"What would that little monkey possibly do to me?" AJ mused as he winked toward Grace, continuing to move kisses against Kitra's exposed flesh. Even when speaking with the boys for a few extra minutes, AJ had missed her. He made a point to seek her out before everything got too crazy, anxious to seal them away in a private bus.

"That little monkey can run fast. Or do you not remember how you woke him up from the car ride here?"

"Hey, the water bottle fell open on its own--"

"Mm-hmm, try telling that to a jury. Mr. McLean."

"I throw myself upon the mercy of the court," AJ breathed against the side of her face, his lips curving into a devilish smile. "Especially when the jury is two hot babes with a set of handcuffs between them?"

"Nice try--"

"I was trying to get you some of that, AJ," Grace volunteered with an impish smile as Kitra glared at her.

"What? A threesome?"

"Yeah and Kitty turned me down--"

"Kitty!" AJ groaned with disbelief. "You turned down the chance for me to have both of you at once drizzled in hot fudge, ice cream, and topped with cherries for my own sexual delights?!"

"Now wait a minute! I love Racie but I could never get that way with her! And I should be enough for you anyway, I'm hurt--"

"You're too much for me," AJ quipped with a chuckle, immediately hushing her annoyances with a fiery kiss. He felt her buckle against him, causing him to smile with approval as he held her closer. He slowly stroked her tongue with his own, feeling a moan vibrate from the center of her throat. "I was teasing, Sexy."

"Besides, this was after she wanted to fuck Carter," Kitra finished, her eyes fluttering wildly as she pushed her face into his chest to calm herself.

"What?!"

"Kitty, you're so dead--"

"You really said that?" AJ interrupted, reaching to grasp Grace's upper arm so she couldn't get away. When the group had dispersed, AJ had spoke briefly with Nick before moving to find Kitra and Grace. While walking away, he heard Corinne briefly mention to Nick something about Grace wanting him badly. The look in the already over stimulated eyes was enough to even send a chill down AJ's spine. But he had attempted to disregard it as nothing, figuring Corinne's antics would die. But, something told him this wasn't good.

Grace's peaches-and-cream complexion paled as she yanked her arm away from his grasp, not knowing why all the men considered that the easiest way to get a woman to listen. "It was a damn joke--"

"That Corinne heard and told Nick. I don't even have to ask you to remember what he did at Devil's. He was obsessed with you; he still is, and making that joke wasn't a good idea. He thinks you're serious."

Grace just shifted her gaze between AJ and Kitra, not really knowing what to say. Men being obsessed with her had been her entire life's story. It had started when she was young and seemed to follow her wherever. Now, it just didn't seem to faze her emotionally. Even Corinne's abuse seemed normal now. She didn't really know what to say or how to react, knowing whatever she did wouldn't be good enough for AJ or Kitra. "I can't do anything about it now--"

"Just make sure you're never alone with him. Please," AJ replied as Kitra nodded in agreement.

"Why would I be alone with him in the first place?"

"Racie, promise us."

"I promise--"

"Pinky swear?"

"How old are we, eight?"

"We'd feel more comfortable if you pinky swore," AJ answered simply.

"Fine," Grace groaned, reaching to catch both their pinkies in a promise.

"Alright, everyone! Load onto the busses!" Fatima shouted into the cool morning air.
"Are you shitting me?" Grace groaned slightly, hurriedly glancing toward the watch strapped to her elegant wrist. Though she longed to be with Howie, she actually had no desire to jump onto a private bus with him. What awaited inside that bus was just a flury of sexual tension that she could never relieve. She'd honestly be safer riding with Brian.

"When Tima says it's time, it's time--"

Grace attempted to hide a sigh as she watched all the dancers hurry to their bus. She was already an outcast from them, only one female dancer liking her and the entire male dancing troupe asking for her number. She just needed to space herself from Howie for awhile. Until her feelings calmed and she forgot about the thought of possibly loving him. "What are the chances that Brian will invite me to stay in his bus for a few hours?"

"They're just fine but Howie is going to be confused when you tell him you're staying with Brian for the first part--"

"Are you planning on standing out here all day or are you going to go enjoy your tourbus that you customized specifically for yourself, McLean?" Brian teased with a whoop as he passed, playfully pretending to jump on Grace's back.

"What the Hell did you do to the bus?" Kitra craned her neck to gaze at AJ in question.

"Let's go see," AJ cackled evilly, leading Kitra toward his bus.

"Do you know where Howie is?" Grace questioned as she glanced over at Brian who was still grinning wildly at her. It was obvious that the man was highly excited about the tour, which just caused Grace to smile with appreciation. At times, she didn't know what she'd do without Brian's kindness.

"He's talking with Tima and Kev about the rest stops before coming by to sweep you away--"

"Oh..." Grace trailed, shoving her hands into the back pockets of her jeans. "Seems like he and Kevin should be traveling together so I could have a whole tour bus to myself!"

"They would kill each other." Brian shook his head with a chuckle. "Are you avoiding Howie or something?"

"No--"

"Gracie, are you ready?" Howie asked, walking up to her and kissing her cheek.
Grace forced a smile. "I guess."

"Alright, let's go--"

"You're not going to let me take her on my bus, D?" Brian tormented with an infamous pout, causing Grace's heart to jump.

"Huh?"

"You'll get to have her this whole tour. Can't she stay with me for the day?"
Howie blanked in surprise, "Why?"

"Because she's my Gracie-Baby?"

"I--"

"Just for the day. Then she'll come to spend time with you after dinner."
"Are you guys going to pull out your wallets and start bidding for me or what?" Grace questioned openly, slightly annoyed that they were speaking as if she wasn't even between them.

"No way. Leigh would kill me if she found out."

"Ain't that the truth," Howie groaned.

"So, what do you say, D? Before Fatima comes after me with a squirt gun or something?"
"If Gracie wants to. It's all up to her."

Grace was floored by Howie's simplistic statement. Her emerald green eyes naturally widened in surprise as she glanced between the two men, hating that the decision ultimately rested in her hands. She was aching to get away from Howie, but only because of the torrid emotions running through her soul. And, unfortunately, at the same time, she yearned to be as close to him as possible. She was just ultimately confused by the entire situation, causing her bottom lip to pucker. "I don't know."

"Baby, if you want to hang out with Brian, that's fine. I won't be hurt. I'll miss you like crazy, but it won't hurt my feelings. Do what you want to do," Howie explained softly, cupping her cheek with a smile.

"We're stopping to eat dinner out and then driving all night to the hotel, right?" Grace questioned, glancing toward Brian. She had been anxious to ask Brian some serious questions, knowing he was probably the best out of everyone to give her a straight answer and not be judgmental.

"That's the plan."

"Then I can switch after dinner...?"

"Yeah, if that's what you want."

Grace hesitated. "But what do you want?"

"I just want to spend time with you, Gracie. Whatever way I can get it."

"Stranger..."

"Gracie--"

"Okay, I'll make the decision!" Brian bent down and hoisted Grace over his shoulders.

"Brian--"

"D, you can see her at dinner!" Brian whooped with a wild cackle, racing toward his tour bus before Howie could physically change his mind