- Text Size +
"So, have you enjoyed this little getaway?" Brian asked, kissing Ana softly as they soaked in the warm, bubbly water of the Jacuzzi tub. They had spent the entire night making love and just wanted to relax before heading back to the city.

"As long as you don't tell me how much you spent, I think I can still enjoy it," Ana agreed as she leaned back against his bare chest, using his legs as arm rests when he drew them up around her. Flicking at the popping bubbles languidly, she had to smile as she felt his bareness behind her. The complete package had been a surprise. The romantic dinner. The drive in the limo. The bed and breakfast. Why he was wasting all this money on her, she hadn't a clue.

"Okay, I won't tell you," Brian chuckled, kissing the back of her head. It felt so nice to just spend time with someone who didn't care about every little thing. Whenever he had been with Leighanne, she complained just to complain.

"You can wash my back though," she suggested with a small smirk, leaning forward to grasp the washcloth and cucumber melon body wash.

"You're already spoiled," he teased, pouring a generous dollop of body wash, working it into a deep lather before gently rubbing it across her smooth back.

"You think I'm jealous?" she pouted softly, sweeping her wet curls away from her back and over her shoulder.

"Not in a bad way, so don't start pouting."

"I'm not--"

"There's nothing wrong with it, Ana. Besides, you deserve it."

Ana turned within the whirling water to face her lover, arching her dark blonde brows with confusion. "How do I deserve it?"

"You've worked hard for everything in your life. Sometimes you need to sit back and let another treat you to things you don't have to work for."

"Like having sex with you isn't work," Ana sighed playfully.

"You like it when we have sex," Brian reached under the water and tickled the inside of her thigh.

"But it's still work," she disagreed, turning around with a soft squeal. Bracing her arms around his bare shoulders to keep from getting sucked into the jet, she stared into his light blue eyes. "Making love with you always exhausts me."

"It's the good kind of exhaustion," he disagreed with a chuckle, kissing her softly.

"My favorite kind of exhaustion," she agreed, running her hands down his bare chest and into the warm water to stroke his abdomen.

"Good," he smiled, trailing his hands up and down her back.

"Yours, too?" she hoped.

"Of course, Baby."

"How many women have you told that?"

"Honestly? You're the first one I've ever told that."

Ana furrowed her blonde brows as she leaned back slightly. For the longest moment, she merely studied his face. She wasn't naive to think that she had been his first. She knew better than to expect that. And giving up her virginity so quickly had been her decision. To give it to him had been her decision. But thinking about his past relationships, when theirs wasn't defined, made her ill. Perhaps she was one of those flings.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing..."

"Ana, you're not a fling. I've been with other women, yes. None of them made me feel the way you do."

"What?"

"You heard me. I feel things with you that I never felt with anyone else."

"You just met--"

"Yeah, we just met. So what? That doesn't change what I feel."

"But it's too soon?"

"You think it's too soon?"

"I think I love you way too much-- Shit, like! Like you too much."

"What did you say?"

"I like you too much?"

"Ana... don't lie."

Ana glanced down like a scolded child as she pulled away from his embrace. Her cheeks crimson as she played with her fingernails. "I think I love you way too much."

"You love me?"

"I said I think I love you--"

"Well, I love you."

"Brian..."

"I mean it, Ana. I know we just met each other... what does that have to do with anything? I love being with you, I love being intimate with you, I love everything about you--"

"You love me?"

"Yes--"

"I love you."

"You do?"

"Of course--"

Brian smiled and brought her back into his arms, softening his lips against hers for a sensual kiss.

Shivering as she was dragged along her lover's chest, she tightened her grip upon his shoulders. Straddling his lap, she hardened the kiss with several nips from her teeth. When he growled in appreciation, she softened the kisses into mere whispers. God, she didn't want him to leave.

"I love you," he whispered softly before his tongue slipped inside her mouth for several warm strokes.

"Stay with me," she mumbled.

"I'm right here--"

"I mean..."

"You mean until we have to leave for the tour? Or... not leave for the tour at all--"

"I mean... It's stupid..."

"No, it's not stupid," Brian looked into her eyes. "Tell me, Ana."

"You have to go on tour."

"I know... it won't be much longer, though... unless..."

"Unless?"

"You could come with me."

"What?"

"Come with me on tour."

"But--"

"It would be perfect. We all have our own busses now, so we would have all the privacy in the world and--"

"You've never had privacy since you became a star and Kevin isn't--"

"Being alone with you is all the privacy I'll ever need and I don't care what Kevin says. I'm an adult and I can make my own decisions."

"I care about what Kevin--"

"Don't you want to be with me? Going on tour is the best way."

Ana bit down hard on her bottom lip as she twined her fingers with Brian's fingers, pulling his hand to her lips for a few kisses. She hated being pulled in two different directions. She had all her vacation time built up. Taking a vacation with Brian would be heavenly, but Kevin lurking in the dark. He actually scared her.

"I won't let anything happen to you. Please... come with me," Brian pleaded softly.

"I know you won't let anything happen--"

"Then come with me."

"I don't want to put a rift between you and your cousin."

"If he can't be happy for me, then screw him."

"Brian--"

"I'm not losing this amazing relationship we're developing because of him. I love you and I'm not going to let him get in the way of that."

"He's your family--"

"And he should be happy that I found someone."

"But he doesn't like me."

"You're not with him."

"I know--"

"Promise me no matter what he does or says that we'll still be together."

"What?"

"Promise me."

"Brian, I don't want to hurt you or your family--" Ana's voice faded when she saw the overwhelming amount of hope building in Brian's eyes. He wanted so desperately to cling to her and she couldn't push him away. Not when he had revealed his scars to her. Had told her his deepest secrets. "I'm not going to leave you."

"Will you go on tour with me?"

"Let me figure out all my vacation time and yes... I'll go with you."

"Honest?"

"Honest. How can I give up the good sex just like that?" she teased, smiling softly.

"I hope it isn't just about good sex..."

"Bri-Bear," she cupped his cheeks and kissed him deeply. "It's also because I love you."


~*~*~*~*~


"I like it when you don't have any Backstreet stuff to do," Stephanie smiled, cuddling deeper into the covers as she read her novel, The DaVinci Code. It was cloudy and rainy outside, so she and Howie decided to stay in for the day.

"Yeah, I don't mind it either," Howie agreed as he curled closer to his lover's warm body, sailing through some promotional information for DLF on his laptop.

"Howie?"

"Yes, Sweetheart?"

"Are we ever going to come out to the public officially as a couple? Or just... kind of leave it where it is?" Stephanie asked absentmindedly, running her fingers through his curls.

"Um... You've never mentioned wanting to before..."

"Well, I just... I guess I thought it would be a good idea so people aren't snapping pictures of you and I after concerts and putting them in the tabloids... assuming all the wrong things..." she shook her head, going back to her novel. "Forget I said--"

"Now wait a minute, you wanted to discuss this, don't immediately change the subject."

"I changed the subject because I realized it was a dumb idea."

"Why is it dumb?"

"Because I thought of it?"

"Stephanie--"

"It's not a big deal. Let's just forget I--"

"Stephanie!"

"What?!" she jumped at his outburst.

"Stop putting yourself down. This is ridiculous. You are a wonderful woman and I love you. I want to hear your suggestions. I want to know if you want me to make an announcement to the public. I just didn't know if you were ready for all the publicity."

"Oh..." she looked down at her closed book. "I'm sorry."

"You don't have to be sorry. Just tell me what you want."

"I... I did think it would be good to go public. I just didn't know if you wanted to."

"Well don't immediately push me away and scorn yourself."

"I know. I'm still working on some issues, I guess."

"I love you, Stephanie."

"I love you, too--"

"Then remember that," Howie chuckled, leaning over to kiss her deeply.

"Keep kissing me like that, and I will," Stephanie giggled between the kisses, tossing her book on the floor as he covered his body over hers.

"I intend to."

"Good," she smiled, wrapping her legs around his waist as he nibbled on her neck.

"Fantastic," Howie concluded with a sigh, seeking her lips.

"So we'll go to the pubic before leaving to go on tour?" Stephanie mumbled against his lips.

"Whatever you want."

"You're going to spoil me for the rest of our lives, aren't you?"

"I was hoping..."

"So was I," she teased.

"Whatever your heart desires, Stephanie."

"I want you."

"I want you."

"Well--" their little session was halted by Kevin storming into their room without knocking, looking frantic and angry.

"What?" Howie jerked in shock as he pulled away from Stephanie's body, using the blanket to shield her nudity as Kevin stopped at the foot of their bed.

"Brian's been gone for almost a day and a half again--"

"He's with Ana, relax! Jeez, you really need to learn how to knock," Stephanie snapped lightly, sliding back under the covers.

"Exactly! He's with Ana!" Kevin exploded with disgust, stalking over to the bedside table to yank out a pad of paper and a pen. "I want to know where he is."

"Why? So you can drag him back here by the ear like a child? No thanks, we'll pass," Stephanie grabbed the pen and paper, throwing it across the room. "Let your cousin be happy for once."

"I want to know now."

"You can't always get what you want--"

"He's my baby cousin and I'm the one that's supposed to protect him! My aunt is going to have a fit if he comes home with an STD or forced into marriage by some pregnant slut--"

"Oh hell fucking no. Stop yourself right there. You don't even know Ana. I've known her for years and I can tell you until she met Brian, she was a fucking virgin. And if you insult her, you insult me."

"Some virgin if she throws it away for some pop star with a big check account--"

"So you think that's why I got with Howie? Because he's rich?"

"I don't give a damn about you and Howie. I want to get Brian back here now and knock some sense into him."

"I don't give a damn what you want to do. I'm not telling you where they are and neither is Howie. So get the fuck out of our room. NOW."

"Where is Brian?" Kevin repeated stubbornly.

"I'm not telling you."

"Damnit, Stephanie--"

"You just totally disrespected mine and Howie's privacy, you disrespect my best friend, you disrespect your cousin's right to be happy and you expect me to tell you? I don't fucking think so."

"That whore is going to ruin him. He's going to end up in a tub full of his own blood because--"

"SHE IS NOT A FUCKING WHORE! SHE'S THE BEST THING HE'S EVER HAD!" Stephanie burst, standing up with the blanket wrapped around her bare body and slapping him harshly across the face.

"Stephanie," Howie choked in shock.

"I had started looking up to you as a father, since I never had one. But seeing you act like this when your own family member could be happy for the first time in his life... no. I won't fucking stand for this. There's nothing you can do to change their feelings for each other, so get used to it," Stephanie almost growled.

"I ain't getting used to shit between them!"

"Fucking grow up, Kevin!"

"She'll regret being with him!"

"No, she won't!"

"She's nothing but a fucking whore and will leech off Brian--"

"You son of a bitch--"

"Tell her to stay away from him or she'll pay," Kevin hissed.

"Don't you fucking threaten her! I'll report you to the fucking police--"

"I don't give two shits. Keep her away or she'll be sorry."


~*~*~*~*~


"So, you've been staying with Ana for the past few days... what's going on between you two besides great sex?" Stephanie inquired, wriggling her eyebrows as she, Howie, Ana and Brian lounged around the penthouse. The other three men were out doing their own thing, so it was a good time for the couples to spend some time together.

"Don't go spilling our secrets," Ana warned as she handed Brian a glass of soda and ice that he had requested. Waiting for him to take hold of the glass, she then moved to curl onto his lap. Leaning back to rest her head on his chest, she then gathered the blanket to drape over their bodies, sighing softly.

"I'm not spilling anything," Brian promised, kissing the top of her head before sipping his soda

"Good," Howie laughed, clicking a few buttons on his laptop to save what he was doing.

"What, so I'm the only one who's curious?" Stephanie pouted.

"I've already got the dirt," Howie murmured.

"Excuse me?" Stephanie turned to her boyfriend with a critical stare.

"Brian already--"

"You did?" Ana growled at Brian.

"D! Why do you always get me in trouble?!" Brian yelped.

"'Cause it's fun?"

"I no longer like you--"

"What did you tell him?" Ana demanded.

"Nothing, Ana, honest--"

"Well that's what he told me!" Stephanie snorted.

"Howie, what did he tell you?"

"Uh..." Howie stalled.

"Aha! See! I didn't tell him anything!"

Howie winced when he felt Stephanie's claws dig into the flesh of his thigh. "Brian--"

"I ain't saving you," Brian shook his head with a grin.

"Damnit, Brian--"

"You tried to get your best friend in trouble! You little..." Stephanie tackled him onto the couch, pinning him tightly.

"Stephanie!" Howie grunted in shock, immediately reaching to catch her wrists. "He did tell me--"

"Liar!" Stephanie squealed.

"NOT-UH!"

"YEAH-HUH!"

"NOT-UH!"

"They'll keep that up for hours," Ana guessed as she stretched out on Brian, releasing a soft squeal of a yawn.

"Which means we have more time to ourselves," Brian chuckled, leaning down to kiss her.

"You do that on purpose, huh?" Ana guessed as she turned onto her stomach, resting her chin against his chest.

"You know me too well," Brian nodded with a smile, resting his forehead against hers.

"Is that a bad thing?" she questioned as Stephanie and Howie squabbled loudly in the back. Both were attempting to find the top position in the fighting, but Ana was more concerned about staring into Brian's eyes.

"Not at all."

"Good, I might have to leave before Kevin comes back--"

"What? Why? I told you I--"

"Because this is his territory and he's like some mutt--"

"It's not his. It's all of ours."

"Brian, I don't feel comfortable around him."

"Stephanie!" Howie hissed, overhearing the conversation between Ana and Brian. Grasping his girlfriend by the waist, he easily plopped her on the couch, gesturing toward Ana. "Has Kevin been giving you a hard time, Ana?"

"No," Ana immediately disagreed.

"Ana, that's not true," Brian disagreed, glancing to Howie. "He's threatening her--"

"He is not," Ana growled.

"Yes he is!"

"He hasn't said anything to me!"

"Ana--"

"He hasn't threatened me!"

"Ana," Stephanie chided softly.

"He hasn't..."

"He came into our bedroom the other night threatening us to know where Brian was. If he's been doing that to me, then I can't imagine what he might be doing to you," Stephanie explained, moving to sit on the couch beside Ana. "Please, tell me."

"He honestly hasn't done anything to me. It's his dirty looks, that's all," Ana answered, glancing to Brian for confirmation.

"He does give her dirty looks, but then he says such crude things about her and some are when she's with me... I don't know what's wrong with him," Brian sighed heavily.

"It's no big deal," Ana promised, reaching to rub the side of Brian's face quite tenderly.

"It's a big deal to me... he's my cousin and he should be happy that I found someone as great as you."

"I'm far from great--"

"Fantastic, then."

"Brian--"

"I mean it, Ana."

"He wants her to come on tour with us, Steph," Howie announced softly.

"What? You're kidding!" Stephanie glanced at Ana in surprise. "You're coming, right?!"

"Did you tell him everything?" Ana groaned, pushing on Brian's chest.

"I only told him that... I promise! I was excited you said yes--"

"YOU SAID YES?!" Stephanie squealed.

"Brian!" Ana cursed.

"What?!"

"You have a big mouth!" Ana yelped as Stephanie squeezed her tightly.

"We're going to be able to do everything together!" Stephanie breathed with delight. "It'll be like we're back in Minnesota. Only! We'll be living together! God, you can show me all the sights and make me feel smart and--"

"I ain't doing everything with you," Ana warned with a wrinkle of her nose.

"Don't spoil the moment, CT!"

"I'm laying the basis of the agreement! Because I'm certainly not having sex with Howie! At least, not with you in the room..."

"Anastacia Grace Lord!"

"What now?!"

"Stop causing trouble!"

"What's trouble?!"

"You are! Why do you think your nickname is Crazy Trouble?"

"How was that trouble?!"

"...Because it is!"

"Because Howie would totally have sex with me, huh?" Ana guessed with a wicked grin.

"He would not!"

"Why else would it be trouble--"

"Maybe Steph feels a little insecure about the subject," Brian interrupted gently.

"She should, I'm hot as Hell," Ana teased, wriggling out of Stephanie's embrace. She offered her impish smirk that showed Stephanie she would never even think to jump into Howie's bed. Turning, she crawled back onto Brian, glancing into his light blue eyes. "But you're jealous..."

"How did we get from insecurity to jealousy?" Brian asked with a raised eyebrow.

"When I looked into your eyes..."

"I'm not jealous--"

"Insecure?"

"Ana--"

"What?"

"You cause too much trouble."

"Why do I cause too much trouble?" Ana questioned with a heavy sigh, pulling away from Brian to sit in the center of the couch. Perhaps he was right. Maybe she did stir a lot of trouble. That's why Kevin wanted her gone.

"Ana, we didn't mean it like that," Stephanie immediately objected, noticing the hurt in Brian's eyes.

"But it's true," Ana sighed, shrugging her shoulders absentmindedly.

"No, not like that. You're just good at getting to the root of someone's emotions. That's not causing trouble. Brian and I are just chicken shit sometimes to confront emotions."

"Just forget it..."

"No," Stephanie stood up and sat down next to Ana. "I'm sorry, CT. I really am. I didn't mean to make you feel bad for being yourself."

"It's okay, honestly," Ana promised, moving to stand as she brushed her hands against her jeans. "I better just get out of here. Work to do, y'know?"

"More like trying to avoid Kevin."

"Cocci--"

"He has no say in your relationship with Brian."

"And Brian isn't saying much either, so I guess I'm fine."

"What does that mean?" Brian stood up as well.

"Nothing--"

"Bullshit, Ana. What did you mean? We've talked about trying out a relationship and I thought that's what we were having."

"I meant you weren't saying anything now, but I fucked up and I'm sorry--"

"But you didn't fuck anything up."

"But, you--"

Brian silenced her objections with a fiery kiss. "I'm sorry. I overreacted. Do you really have to leave?"

"I... Well..." Ana was at a loss for words as she brought her fingers against her fiery lips. She hadn't expected him to do that. Much less ask her to stay. Her cheeks were flushed with embarrassment at the whole ordeal. "I'm a drama queen?"

"If you're a drama queen, I'm a drama king," Brian chuckled.

"Brian..."

"It's alright, Sweetheart... just, please stay."

"I'm sorry."

"I'm sorry, too," they kissed again.

"Cute..." Howie chuckled.

"Aren't they?" Stephanie sighed happily with a giggle as she went to cuddle with him again.

"You're just happy that Ana's going on tour with us," Howie decided as he curled his arms around Stephanie's waist, pulling her close. Kissing the back of her head, he leaned slightly to watch Brian pick Ana up and playfully throw her onto the couch. Watching Brian laugh whole-heartedly as he playfully tickled Ana. He was better. Honest to God better.

"That's just the bonus--"

"Oh really," Howie inquired, playfully nibbling on her neck. "More chances to go out as couples?"

"Yes, really," Stephanie giggled at the sensation. "And okay... there are several bonuses that come with Ana joining the tour."

"Oh really?"

"What's the bonuses?"

"Well, for one... I'll actually have a girl to talk to when you drive me--"

"Hey!" Howie exclaimed, digging his fingers into her sides.

"That's my flesh!" Stephanie yelped. "Can I reiterate my statement?"

"I don't think I want to hear it!"

"I meant I'll actually have a girl to talk to about how happy you make me and how much I love you!"

"Hardly..." Howie scoffed, tossing her to the opposite side of the couch.

"Howard Dwaine!"

"Stephanie Holly!"

"I don't like you anymore!" Stephanie huffed, crossing her arms with a pout.

"Sure..."

Stephanie turned her back to him on the couch, staring at a picture on the wall.

"Stephanie--"

"I'm mad at you."

"You're acting like a teenager."

"So? I'm still mad at you."

"Stephanie--"

"If anyone acted like a teenager, it was you."

"Me?!"

"Yes, you! Getting all mad and throwing me to this end of the couch."

"Do they do this a lot?" Ana groaned from beneath Brian, shifting to glance over his arm to see Stephanie and Howie squabbling over something so trivial. It amused her completely as she glanced back to Brian, her sapphire eyes glittering with laughter.

"You learn how to block it out," Brian nodded with a chuckle, kissing her forehead.

"Can we go do something else? Sneak away?"

"You read my mind," Brian helped them up and let her jump on his back. "Where to?"

"Anywhere you want to take me," Ana approved as she leaned to nibble on the back of his neck. "I'd go anywhere with you."

"I could break out in song--"

"I would advise not. It would make this a corny moment, Babe."

"What wouldn't qualify this as a corny moment?"

"You taking me to bed."

"Deal," Brian leaned back and kissed her before heading to his room, locking the door before the bickering couple noticed they were gone.