- Text Size +
Chapter 2

Aaron woke up in a small room, about ten by ten feet and it was no more than eight feet tall. When he tried to get up, he got a massive cramp in his right calf and fell to his knees.

“Don’t try to get up, that’ll just keep happening,” a soft voice whispered.

“Who’s there?!” Aaron asked, alarmed.

“Don’t worry,” the owner of the voice stepped into the moonlight that spilled through the small opening near the ceiling, their only source of light. She was a pretty girl, long legs, stood about 5’8” with crudely cut short blond hair. Her ocean blue eyes were tired and scared. She wore nothing but a raggedy dress made out of what looked like old bags of some kind. “I’m on your side. I’ve been here for a week,” she half squeaked.

He suddenly realized that this room was more like a small prison. He looked around, it was all just a big hole, there wasn’t even any concrete, it was just dirt… “You’ve been here for a week?”

The girl just nodded; she timidly walked over and kneeled down next to Aaron. Taking the cramped leg in one soft, warm hand she began to rub the pain and stiffness out of it. Aaron just watched as her magic fingers worked up and down his calves. She moved to the other leg and did the same. This time when Aaron tried getting up, he had close to no trouble.

“Thank you,” he said offering a hand. “Name’s Aaron.”

“Christy, Chris for short,” she said. Her eyes were a bit less afraid now, but not much. Aaron couldn’t help but wonder what on earth could’ve made her so terrified. Little did he know, that he would soon find out…


Los Angeles, California

A ringing of the telephone split through the silence that Nick was just beginning to enjoy. With a frustrated sigh he got out of his hot tub and picked it up.

“Hello?” he answered.

“Nick?” It was Angel, his younger sister of almost 8 years, she sounded as if she’d been doing a lot of crying, which was unusual for her. “Thank god you’re home!”

“Ang? What’s wrong?”

“Oh, Nick…” she said her voice cracking several times. “It’s horrible,” she let out a series of sobs.

“Angel! What’s the matter?!” Nick’s heart was beginning to beat faster. Something was seriously wrong to make Angel act like this. She had a great reserve and almost never lost it.

“It’s Aaron, Nick! He’s gone! And there was a girl found in his house, SHE WAS DEAD NICK!!” she started sobbing again.

Nick could’ve sworn he felt his heart stop, “W-What!?!”

“She was shot in the forehead! They found her half naked and they think Aaron killed her! Oh, Nick I don’t know what to do!!”

“Where are you? Did you try calling Aaron’s cell?”

“I’m at the police station, and that’s the first thing I did, it keeps saying that that number is ‘no longer in service’,” she began to sob uncontrollably.

Nick ran inside and upstairs as fast as he could, he fumbled getting on his boxers and pants, while at the same time, trying to calm down his hysterical sister. “Angel, freaking out isn’t going to help Aaron. And it’s definitely not going to help the police. Just answer whatever questions they ask you as truthfully as you can. I’ll be there soon, love you. Bye.”

He clicked the off button on his phone and sprinted down the stairs of his 10,000 sq. ft. mansion. He grabbed his keys and ran out the door. Speeding down the street towards the police station all he could do was pray that his baby brother was okay and unharmed.


Hardin, Montana

Aaron and Chris were forced out of the small hold and into the basement of the house. They were separated and put on opposite sides of the room. Chris seemed to know exactly what was happening, she was shaking from head to toe and there was terror in her eyes.

“Hello, poppet,” a man with a British accent said, forcing her against the wall. She let out a small cry. “What’s uh matter,” he asked, pushing himself against her. “’Fraid I might be a little too much man for you to handle?” when he said the word ‘man’ he did a small pelvic thrust, this caused her eyes to overflow with tears.

“What’re you lookin’ at!!” A large man asked. He walked over and punched Aaron in the gut, making him double over in pain. “A man’s entitled to have a woman when he wishes. Right?”

Aaron nodded, he didn’t want to, but he didn’t want to risk getting hurt worse by these guys; they weren’t messing around.

“Thas uh good man!” said the man with the accent.

Chris looked down at the floor and sobbed. What am I doing?! I can’t just let him do that to her! He thought to himself as the man gave Chris another pelvic thrust.

“Please,” he pleaded in a small whisper. “Don’t.”

“What’s that?” Asked the second man.

“Don’t, please,” he repeated weakly. He noticed Chris looking up at him, her eyes brimming with concern.

“Well, since you asked so nicely,” the British man backed off of Chris and back handed her across the face. He then took a think chain and whipped her on the exposed skin of her back several times. She screamed in pain each time.

“NO!” Aaron pleaded, all it did was get her another lashing.

By the time the man had finished beating Chris, Aaron’s eyes were wide in horror. “Now, I think it’s pretty safe to say that you won’t be speaking out of turn anymore,” Said Mr. Britain, dangling the blood coated chain.

The two men let out evil laughs and shoved the two back into their hole before walking back upstairs.

Aaron rushed over to Chris’s side, “Chris,” he said, his voice cracking. “I’m sorry…I’m so sorry.”

She just laid there for a minute, not moving. “Don’t be,” she said. “I’d rather get whipped than raped. You saved me,” she slowly sat up, with a little help from Aaron, and winced as she leaned against the wall. Aaron went and put his arm around her, she rested her head on his shoulder and fell asleep.