- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks for the reviews guys. Here's chapter 4 =)
Chapter 4

The next day – Number of days missing: 14

Hardin, Montana

Chris cried out in pain as Butt Head whipped her with a bullwhip in the leg and then again in the shoulder. He pushed her to the ground and kicked her repeatedly in the ribs. When he was done he pushed her back through the hole and she fell to the ground he barred up the window, “Until next time,” he snickered and walked upstairs.

“Bastard,” Aaron hissed under his breath. He rushed over to Chris and took her into one of the corners, in case Butt Head decided to throw something at her, they had a tendency to do that.

“I’m fine, really, just a couple of cuts…” Chris said.

“Here, lemme’ see,” Aaron examined the cut on her leg. “It could’ve been worse, I guess…”

“Forget it, I’m fine. I’m just glad that guy with the accent wasn’t the one who took me.”

“Why is that?” Aaron asked, leaning against the wall.

“He’s been…getting worse,” Chris got up and started pacing, trying to walk off the pain in her leg.

“Oh…” Aaron said, getting her point. “So, before we were taken here…what kind of things did you like to do? With your friends I mean…”

“I don’t know; normal stuff. Like going to the mall, movies, going out to eat.” Her voice got really soft as she said. “I just wish I had spent more time with my brother…”

“Your brother?” Aaron asked.

Chris looked at him then realized she hadn’t told him her story. He’s been good to me, she thought. The least I owe him is an explanation… With a heavy sigh, she told him her story, every detail from the terrifying beginning to the gruesome, but undeniable end. She was alone now. Her parents had both been only children, so she had no aunts, uncles, or cousins. She had never known her grandparents; and despite the fact that she’d never met them, she knew from the way her parents talked about them that they hadn’t approved of her mother and father’s marriage. She took a seat against the opposite wall and remembered back to a conversation she had had with her mother, years ago when she was about ten or eleven,

‘Mom?’ a much younger Chris asked, taking a seat on her mother’s bed.

‘Yes, dear?’ her mother asked as she put in the last of her favorite earrings.

‘Why do you and dad hate our grandparents so much?’

Her mother froze and gave her daughter a sad glance in the mirror she had been using. ‘It’s not that we
hate them…we just don’t get along…’

‘But why?’

‘They never approved of your father and I,’ she said, coming over and sitting beside her daughter on the bed. ‘You see, your father came from a very rich family, and his parents expected a lot of him. And in their eyes…I wasn’t one of those things that they expected. There was this girl that they had picked out for him…Gloria was her name. She was an amazingly beautiful blonde haired woman. She was crazy over your father. And they were expected to be married. But then, one day, your father and I bumped into each other at the country club, I wasn’t a member, I simply worked there. And one thing led to another and he cancelled the engagement and we ran away… Obviously his parents were livid…they demanded that he never try to speak to them again. And that was that.’

‘It sounds like something straight out of a movie…’ Chris laughed, her mother joined her.

‘Yes, it does, doesn’t it?’

‘But what about your parents?’

‘My parents passed a long time ago. I was twenty-three, I believe.’

‘Oh… well…who would I live with if something happened to you or daddy?’ she asked, looking up at her mother.

Her mother laughed before saying, ‘Well, your father and I plan on being around for a while, so it looks like you’re stuck, kiddo,’ Chris’s mom then began to tickle her, Chris fell back on the bed laughing and pleading for her mother to stop………


A tear fell down her cheek and Chris quickly swept it away, “It’s hard to believe that they’re gone…” she said in a hoarse tone. “We were going to go out to eat that night. To celebrate my graduation,” she gave a small laugh before she said, “We were only two months late celebrating it.”

Aaron crawled over and took Chris into a hug. And for the first time, she stopped and cried for everything she had lost when those men barged in and destroyed her life…





Meanwhile, upstairs in the house…

Britain and Butt Head vigorously pushed buttons on their controllers, commanding the characters on the screen to attack each other. Britain’s character delivered a fatal blow to Butt Head’s character’s head, sending it flying.

“And another one goes to the Rickster!” he said, using his own pompous nickname for himself.

“More like DICKster,” Butt Head said under his breath, snickering.

“Come again?” Britain said, cracking his knuckles.

“Uh…play you again?” Butt Head said, his cowardice apparent.

“Tha’s what I thought you said,” Britain said, selecting the ‘Replay’ option on the video game.

They were about half way through the game when Butt Head heard someone come up from behind them. He turned around and saw the third of the men, Jerry, standing there watching. Jerry was your average middle aged guy. He was balding, slightly over weight, and wore bifocals. No one would suspect him of committing any type of crime, simply because he was so plain, so ordinary. He usually wore work boots, with jeans, and flannel plaid shirts.

“Oh, hey Jer. What’s up?” he asked, quickly turning his attention back to his game. Once again, Britain won.

“Damn it all!” Butt Head said throwing the controller down. He heard a familiar click and turned to Jerry. The last thing he saw was the barrel of a gun pointed straight at him.

“Whas’ all this then?!” Britain screamed when he saw his friend drop to the floor. “Jerry, have you gone bloomin-” he looked towards his partner and just like Butt Head, the last thing he did was look down the barrel of a gun……