- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
i shall shut up now and not claim this as my last chapter. Thank you to everyone who reviewed the previous chapter, it's always nice to hear from you, put a smile on my face, like this => :D

SPOILER ALERT* : If you havent watch Born Under A Bad Sign of Season 2, the first paragraph would be spoilery abound...so i suggest not indulging yourself into Dean's head in that one and skip to para 2, hehe.

ps: im still OMFGing everywhere over the previous episode :(

The Trap II

"You kill him and I'm sending your sorry ass back to hell, you hear me!" Dean yelled at Possessed Kevin. There was no hiding behind a cool facade and throwing insults at the demon now, he had had enough of demons messing around with people he cared for (and he couldn't let possessed Kevin kill his own brother because he knew that would mess up Kevin even more and he knew a thing or two about having to kill your own family and maybe, maybe if he could stop this, he could save Sam too) and this, this was like going back to the time when he had confronted Meg and Dad was held captive somewhere and of that one time when she was in Sam and he had to look at his brother and not see him and that had pissed him off really bad (and saddened him too because Sam was there but it’s not Sam).

"Dean, Dean, you already threaten to kick my ass back to hell even before I attempt to hurt Nicky," possessed Kevin pointed out.

Dean clenched his teeth because yeah, possessed Kevin had a point there.

“Let’s make a deal then,” Dean proposed.

"Dean." Sam called out. Sammy didn't sound mad at all and that hurt Dean even more. He knew how this looked like to Sam and he was sorry he had to use the D word. A deal with demons was never high on Sam's list of favourite things and they lost Dad because of it. No, Sam was pleading, it was the same Dean he would hear when Sam was afraid for him and that, that had hurt even more than an angry Sam.

"What could you possibly offer me that I'd take boy?" possessed Kevin mocked.

"You let Nick go, and we'll let you bust out of here. Get out of his body and just leave."

Possessed Kevin laughed and the tip of his knife was pressed deeper against Nick's sensitive skin. It bled, but Dean knew it wasn't deep enough to warrant any panic, for now.

“And you expect me to fall for that old routine of yours?” possessed Kevin retorted. “Oh Sammy, your brother’s getting a little predictable, don’t you think?”

“You shut up!” Sam yelled. Dean thought it was a lame comeback but there was other pressing issue at hand so he stopped himself from rolling his eyes at his brother.

“You’re not killing him,” Dean stressed.

“Oh I am,” possessed Kevin sang, and without any further warning, slowly sliced the blade across Nick’s neck.

“Oh Lord!” Brian cried. “Kevin, please, listen to me, you don’t want to do this!”

“Kevin’s not listening cousin,” Kevin gritted, yellow eyes now looking straight at Brian.

“No, let him go!” Brian cried. “Kevin, fight it! Don’t let it kill Nicky! Kevin please!”

Dean had had enough of this. It was like outside looking in. He knew how this felt like and he didn’t like it one bit. He was about to step forward, devil’s trap be damned, when Kevin yelled ‘no!’ and stunned everyone.

Nick went lax in his arms and he wasn’t even sure if Kevin saw him, because he just let go and Nick’s limped body sagged down to the floor, after slamming against the edge of the coffee table.

Brian was already moving forward. “Brian no!”

“I’ve got to get to him, he’s bleeding!”

“Brian, trust me, you’ll only make things worst if you go near them now,” Sam’s calmer voice reasoned. Dean sometimes wished he had that effect on people.

“What have I done?” Kevin whispered, his eyes now on Nick. He made to kneel down but Dean stopped him.

“Don’t go near him.”

Kevin was confused and Dean didn’t have the time or the patience to explain every single damn thing. “You’ll hurt him even more if you do, trust me.”

“But I-” Kevin seemed to choke on his words and then something in him set back in place and he continued, “But I nothing! If you’re going to send me back to hell, I’m going to at least finish him first!”

Possessed Kevin was back and the blade was raised high in his arms, threatening to plunge right down to Kevin’s chest and Dean knew they wouldn’t get any warning before that happened. He wouldn’t make the same mistake twice and he was sure Sam was thinking the same because he made a grab for their dad’s journal and was turning the pages with lightning speed.

“No you’re not.” Dean said, almost too casually that if he had the time to react, he’d probably surprised himself. Instead he fished out the flask in his jacket, uncapping it with just a turn, and splashed holy water at the demon.

Possessed Kevin screamed and yelled and steam and heat seemed to come out of his body, sizzling and burning the demon inside of him. Dean made his move and threw a punch to his jaw once, dropping Kevin back to his seat.

“Sammy, now would be good!” Dean yelled.

“I’m doing it now!” Sam growled and started. “Perditionis venenum propinare. Vade, satana, inventor et magister omnis fallaciae, hostis humanae salutis!”

The papers on the table, the ones they were pretending to read over and over before, began flying away in all directions. There seemed to be a tornado trapped in the house with them but for Sam and Dean, it was nothing they hadn’t encountered before.

Dean gripped Kevin’s shoulders, forcing him down while his brother continued with the exorcism.

“Humiliare sub potenti manu dei, contremisce et effuge, invocato a nobis sancto et terribili nomine, quem inferi tremunt.”

Kevin yelled something inhuman and Dean tried to ignore the gurgling noises Nick was making, or the twitching of his body so near in his grasp.

“Are you sure he’s not hurt, Dean?” The demon managed to croak out in between its screams.

“I know he’s hurt you son of a bitch! If he dies, I swear to God-”

“I meant Kevin, you idiot!” the demon cut in and Dean wasn’t sure how he felt about being called an idiot by a demon. “Are you sure…I didn’t jump fifteen stories from his hotel room to get away today?”

You said she fell from a building. That girl’s body is broken. The only thing keeping her alive is that demon inside. You exorcise it, the girl is gonna die.

“What is he talking about Dean?” Brian asked. Dean looked over to the other blonde; he was panicking and almost to the point of hyperventilating. “Is this exorcism going to kill my cousin too?”

“No one’s dying today Brian.” Dean stressed and then slapped the demon across the face just because he felt like it. “You shut the fuck up.”

“Kevin’s going to die if you exorcise me.”

Sam had stopped the incantation and Dean was torn between what he should and shouldn’t do.

“Sam, do it.”

“Ab insidiis diaboli, libera nos, domine. Ut ecclesiam tuam secura tibi facias libertate servire, te rogamus, audi nos.” Kevin yelled again but this time Sam paid no attention. “Te rogamus audi—”

“Kevin’s going to die! And Nick’s bleeding to death! I hope you’re happy Brian!”

Brian was understandably shocked. He shook his head, pleading for Sam not to go on. Dean closed his eyes for a second, hating what he had to do and hating what could have been after it was all over. They could really end up with two dead bodies tonight.

“Brian, listen to me,” Dean started. “I can’t guarantee you if this son of a bitch is lying or not, but if he’s telling the truth, then your cousin might die.”

“Please, I don’t want that,” Brian cried.

“But you have to let us continue, or he’ll be trapped in his own body forever.” Dean continued. “Do you understand what I’m trying to tell you? He’ll be lost in there.”

Nick was no longer twitching. In fact Nick wasn’t doing much at all. He couldn’t even hear as much as a whisper coming from the man.

“We need to do this now Brian, Nick’s not looking good.”

Brian seemed lost in his thoughts and Sam seemed to channel Dean’s thoughts because he didn’t wait, couldn’t, and continued.

“Dominicos sanctae ecclesiae. Terogamus audi nos…”

Dean looked back at the demon under his grip and smiled. “Rot in hell.”

The demon yelled one last time before Kevin’s head tilted up to the ceiling and an enormous cloud of black smoke erupted from his mouth. The moment he was sure the demon was truly gone; Dean let go of his grip.

It felt like the calm after the storm.

Kevin slumped back on the seat, it would take some time for him to be fully conscious and aware again. Dean looked for signs of injuries, broken ribs or bones and as far as he had allowed himself to check, Kevin seemed to not be suffering from any.

He saw Brian already rushing towards Nick and Sam wasn’t far behind. “Brian, try not to move him.”

“Oh God he’s bleeding everywhere…he’s…”

Sam was already taking off his jacket and then took off his long sleeved shirt, proceeded to scrunch it to a ball and placed it under Nick’s bleeding head. “Here, hold this for me please?”

Brian followed the instruction, only affording to nod in his state of shock. Sam checked the wound on Nick’s neck and then tried to find for a pulse, and when Dean heard his huge sigh of relief, Dean allowed himself to relax a little.

“It’s not as deep as we thought,” Sam reported. “Kevin came through for him at the right time after all.”

“He’s gonna be okay?” Dean asked.

“He’s bleeding a lot Dean,” Sam worried. “We should call 911 and we probably shouldn’t be here when they come. What about Kevin?”

“Nothing’s broken as far as I can tell.”

And as if Kevin could hear them, he began stirring and it hit him, that this would be the first time he would be facing the real Kevin Richardson himself. And it unnerved him that all those time, back at the hotel, the kind, soft-spoken person he had met was a demon. Just like Dad was.

“Hey, you okay man?” Dean asked when Kevin was finally conscious enough of his surroundings.

“Oh thank you,” Kevin croaked. “Did I…is Nick…”

“He’ll be fine, you stopped it from killing him.”

Kevin’s body went slack again, relief overshadowing the pain on his face. “Good…that’s good…you got the son too then?”

The temperature dropped. There might as well be a big ass piano dropped on his head at the moment because it felt like exploding as it was.

“Sammy?” Dean said, turning to his brother.

“I…I couldn’t find anything on the kid…I thought he made that vision up…Dean…”

“It’s okay Sam, I didn’t know any better myself.”

“But Dean, he could be anywhere right now and-”

And something crashed somewhere above them and someone cried in pain and it sounded uncannily like Howie.