- Text Size +
It wasn’t the easiest thing to follow them, without being seen. I’m not exactly sure why the guy didn’t have a car, but, then again, I guess it makes sense seeing as he followed her, and she was walking. Brian and I stayed in the shadows as much as we could until we got to where he was leading. It ended up being only a couple blocks away from where we were staying. The building looked like an old rundown office building or something.

After watching them disappear into the side of the building, Brian and I walked up and began looking around. Fortunately for us, we saw only one room with a light on and it happened to be on the bottom level! We snuck up a peered inside to see AJ all tied up to a chair, with his back facing us. I would say there were a good, four or five, gang members also in the room with them.

“Get your stinkin paws off me, ya damned dirty ape!” Sarah shouted as the guys shoved her into the room. “Ugh! It smells like urine in this joint.”

“Are you going to talk you son of a bitch?” the guy walked up to AJ and grabbed him by the hair.

“Fuck off!” AJ snarled.

“Shouldn’t we do something?” I asked Brian in a small whisper.

“Not yet. If we don’t time this right, they will both end up killed and probably us, too. Let’s just hang out for a few and see how it plays out. She might go all…what did you call it…Uma Thurman?” Brian replied as we peeked back into the window, doing our best to stay in the shadows. I cringed when I saw the man square AJ harshly in the jaw.

“Okay, if you expect me to try to seduce information out of this guy, you have GOT to stop making him look worse. I mean for fuck sake!” Sarah walked up to AJ and inspected his face.

“Get to it,” another man walked up grabbing her arm and shoving her onto AJ’s lap. I looked to Brian but he just shook his head. This was getting ridiculous!

“BACK OFF MONKEY BOY!” Sarah screamed, getting into the guys face. Needless to say, the guy smacked her. She held her cheek and stared at the man.

“You better listen to me, bitch. I’ll cut ya,” he snarled before spitting at her.

“Son, your ego is writing checks your body can’t cash,” she smirked before turning her attention back to AJ. “I can’t do this. I’m more of a Bumblebee Tuna, kind of girl.”

“Like, a lesbian?” one of the men questioned. AJ’s head just snapped up to look at her. Obviously, he recognized the code and all I could do was smile. Thank God, I taught her that!

“Is that what you would think the definition for Bumblebee Tuna would be?” she asked in a sarcastic tone. The guy that slapped her before came up and knocked her to the floor. At that moment, Brian and I had stood to head toward their rescue, but the room’s door swung open and we froze. Looking back through the window, our jaws hit the floor, as did AJ’s. Sarah got back up to her feet and came face to face with the other person.

“Sharon?” AJ’s gasp was barely above a whisper.

“YOU!” Sharon shouted in Sarah’s face.

“YOU!” Sarah shouted back. “I KNEW IT! I knew you had something to do with this! I should have NEVER trusted you! UUUUUGH!” Sarah waved her hands in the air. Brian and I looked from each other, back into the room.

“Where’s Nick?” Sharon asked in a snotty tone. My eyes widened.

“I haven’t the foggiest. Nick and Brian WERE hiding in the hotel room’s bathroom when your little friend, over there, came to abduct me. Who knows where they are now.” Sarah shrugged before turned toward the man that dragged her here, “Ooops, does someone feel like a moron?” she giggled.

“Alright,” the man spoke up and looked around the room, “First, get that little bitch tied up. Then, fifty grand to the man that finds that blonde haired son of a bitch! I want you to get the word out to every street hustler, every low life in this town, ya understand? I want him here tomorrow…ALIVE!” he screamed as he looked around. “You’re still here? LET’S GO!”

“Yes, sir.” The rest of the man nodded. Brian and I looked at each other in shock.

“Run Carter, run like your legs have never run before! Imagine a huge fuckin milkshake, dangling in front of your face, and let’s get our asses out of here!” Brain said softy but with great urgency. We both lifted to our feet and ran around the back of the building. Seeing a back door, we quickly hid inside, figuring it would be best to let all of them scatter before we made a break for it. This was NOT good! What were we going to do now?

“What the hell are we supposed to do?”

“Call the cops?”

“They are in on it, remember? By the way, nice language there, a few minutes ago. It was very becoming of you,” I snickered.

“Well, you know. If we are going to play the bad ass heroes, we kind of have to talk and act like them. Seriously, have you ever seen Jackie Chan say ‘and God bless you’?”

“I still never would have thought it, out of you. Not to mention the fact that you are all into this! Here, I thought I knew you,” I elbowed him in the ribs jokingly.

“Hey, let’s see where this hallway leads. Maybe we can find them and devise a plan to get them out,” Brain pulled on my arm.

“You are kidding me right? Are you sure that you are Brian? I mean maybe they switched your brains or something because I would expect this kind of stuff out of AJ, not you.”

“Shut up and let’s go, Nick,” he whispered as we walked down the hallway.

“We are gonna end up dead aren’t we?”

“If you don’t shut up? Most likely.” As we snuck down the hallway, we began hearing voices. One of them was VERY obvious, to be Sarah’s and she sounded pissed. I was highly surprised they hadn’t duct taped her mouth yet! The voices grew louder as we approached the room. The door swung open and we dove into another room before anyone exited. Peaking into the hallway, I saw three men leave. That meant there were only two guys and Sharon left in the room. We waited several minutes, to ensure that the men were gone.

“You’re a fucking pig,” I heard Sarah snicker as we stepped back into the hallway.

“You’re annoying!” Sharon scoffed.

“At least I’m not an UGLY…BUGG EYED…REVOLTING…AJ STALKER! Nasty bitch...I can smell you from here!”

“She’s a mouthy one,” I whispered to Brian as I tried to keep a chuckle from escaping my mouth.

“Really? I hadn’t gotten that vibe from her,” his whisper dripped with pure sarcasm.

“WHAT DID YOU CALL ME? Oh I am going to kick your ass!” Sharon’s voice was at a volume that could, probably, be heard a few blocks over.

“Go ahead…make…my…day! Because, frankly, my dear, I don’t give a damn,” she retorted. I was beginning to think that she was in more danger than AJ. Good Lord, she has a big mouth!

“Any plans?” I asked Brian. We were now only a few feet away from the door.

“Bust in and kick ass?” he suggested.

“Oh now, there’s a winner.” I sighed. Taking a deep breath I continued, “alright…let’s do it.” I wonder if this was how Sarah planned this. Was she expecting to get herself tied up and get a hit put out on me? Hmm. I was REALLY going to have to have a talk with that girl!